Rhus Toxicodendron
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Seizures after Rabies Vaccination
Started by: niltush at July 16 2017

Replies: 12 & Views: 212    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

Seizures after Rabies Vaccination By: niltush

July 16 2017
I am Nil from India. I have an Indian Dog who got Vaccinated in April 15th with Parvo, distemper (single vaccination). Then after a month on may 13th He got vaccinated with Rabies Vaccination.

After about 7days he had a seizure during night at around 3 AM. I could not not understand at the beginning what was it as he was paddling his legs foaming from mouth and head moving to and fro. He was lying on side when it happened. Then after about another 8-9 days another incident happened, again at night. Then another 4 times it happened each 6-7 days apart. All of them happened at night and on two occasions early morning. The timing of all the seizures were 30 secs to 1 minute. After the seizure occurs he recovers so quickly as if nothing happened but wants to go out for urinating and potty.

Last week when it happened I gave him Belladonna 200 liquid 2-4 drops in his mouth when seizure was ongoing. He recovered in just 5 seconds. Then I gave him dinner, he did his potty and became so playful that seemed everything was normal.

I gave him Calc Carb 30 liquid after two days. two doses daily for 2 days and noticed that when tries to wakeup from sleep at night he cannot gain his balance easily. He collapses. I catch hold of him, he lies down for 5-10 secs then again gets up little wobbly and then becomes normal. Now I am clear that whenever he tried to get up from sleep either due to excitement that I am coming from downstairs or when waking up from sleep, he lost his balance fell down and seizure would happen. Now I also notice that when I pickup his front legs for a 5 secs, he collapses as if he lost balance or hind legs got weak. Then again when on four legs he is normal. After doing his potty he becomes very playful usually after seizures or even normally.

Last two days I gave him Silicea 30 two doses each day. But that waking up from sleep and losing balance is still present. When waking up from short sleep it does not happen. Could you please help me figure out what exactly has happened to my dog. Last seizure he had was on Monday 10th July 2017. Totally he had 8 seizures since 20th May 2017 - 10th July 2017.

Kindly help as what needs to be done so that my dog can recover with time.

Re:Seizures after Rabies Vaccination By: udaya kumar
--

July 16 2017
use three doses a day for one day of Cuprum Met 3X and report. After report use Arnica 30C one dose a day for three days.

--

Re:Seizures after Rabies Vaccination By: niltush

July 16 2017
Hi Udaya,

Thank you for your response. Today he had 2 seizures 3 hours apart. Again after 7 days. This time after 1st seizure he was very restless and panting, I had given him belladonna 200 liquid during the seizure and his violent convulsion stopped but stiffness remained for 1 minute. Then after quite sometime of restlessness he lied down but had another seizure after 3 hours. This time also tried belladonna 200 but again lasted for 1 minute. After sometime I gave him Cuprum Met 200 liquid(which i had handy) and after 5 mins he calmed down completely and went off to sleep. When he woke up he did not wobble this time.
How long do i continue this?

--

July 16 2017
Repeat it after one week if necessary.

--

July 17 2017
Hi Udaya,

At night after dinner, he again became very restless and was continuously panting. His Body was heated up and stomach looked bulgy. I gave him cupra met 200 2 drops. He again calmed down and slept well the whole night. In morning while waking up, he was little wobly but managed himself which was absent all these days. Do i have to repeat every night if the symptoms are same?

--

July 17 2017
use Arnica 30C and he will recover......it is because of the epileptic shock...... Repeat weekly dose of cuprum met 200Csingle dose.

--

July 18 2017
Thanks a lot Udaya-Ji. I will report again if I see any symptoms.

July 21 2017
Hi Udaya-Ji, My dog was well all these days without any trouble waking up also. But yesterday night again after dinner he was feeling restless. I forgot to mention another symptom is that when he becomes restless after dinner it seems as if he has become really fat and bulgy specially the stomach seems inflated. Whole body seems to be inflated. I gave him a dose of Cuprum met 200 and he went to sleep but at night around 2:40 AM he had a seizure for 1 min. After the seizure he became normal, took him for a walk in the terrace, still showing restlessness. Gave him another dose of cuprum met and he slept really well and the inflation of whole body also reduced. When he woke up he had no trouble at all walking, which is a positive sign.

Could you please let me know how we can stop this inflation after eating. This thing causes the seizure. Everyday he has his normal dinner, there is no increase in quantity.

--

July 21 2017
Is the inflation a distention by air or is it ascites/ water.....? In the first case use Lycopodium 30C single dose and in the second case check whether there is any unusual urination or stools that remove the ascites/water accumulation in abdomen ...or is it an inability to absorb back the cerebrospinal fluid..blockage causing seizure.....it can cause dizziness /syncope also.....aggravation after eating check anacardium....

--

July 21 2017
Hi Udayaji,

He does urinate normally but it does not remove the inflation but he does feel good after stool. He likes to eat even after the normal meal when the condition develops(inflation).Like he wants more food.
I dont know about "is it an inability to absorb back the cerebrospinal fluid..blockage causing seizure." Please guide how to check this.

When to give anacardium? is it for blockage?

The symptoms after eating does not happen regularly. But when it happens it makes me sure that seizure might happen.

July 25 2017
Hi

Can i please get an update? One more observation is that he tries to lie down in a pool of water. He wants his stomach and chest to be wet after some exercise or eating.

Even in this rainy season.

Please update so that I can provide the right medication.

July 26 2017
Hi,
Yesterday he had 4 seizures spanning from 4pm -6am. 10pm second 11.30 3rd 2:30 am 4th. All of them when he was sleeping. One very important thing is that i have another dog who lives with him and after seeing him in seizure he bit him near his neck which made him shaky which i think lead to the subsequent seizures. The bulginess i mentioned earlier is due to stool and urine only. After he urinates a lot and his stool it goes away. Please advise urgently. He howls sometimes but does not show any discomfort in body. Howling is when he is left alone and when i am playing with the other dog. He also gets excited when he sees a female dog but that happens for the other dog too.
Your early advise would be truly helpful. If any blood test required please advise the necessary.

--

July 26 2017
use lycopodium 200C single dose. Constipation enhances the propensity to seizures...there may be a rise in ammonia levels and if so the liver could be at fault and the medicine required would be Chelidonium Q 5 drops in one ounce water three times a day ..Howling is Cicuta Virosa 30C single dose.....Agaricus Mus 30C single dose is also valuable.

--

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.