Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Gallicum Acidum
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Speech delay in 3y8m child - Dr Udaya Kumar
Started by: atiefrep eduas at January 8 2017

Replies: 35 & Views: 565    Font    Page 1 of 2  Goto page 1, 2  Next          Reply

Speech delay in 3y8m child - Dr Udaya Kumar By: atiefrep eduas
portugal

January 8 2017
Hello Dr Udaya,

I wish you and your loved ones a good 2017!

My daughter is now 3y 8m and still not speaking clearly. She is a bright child and fast learner. She has been evaluated by a speech therapist and apparently there is nothing that justifies this delay except for low tonus in the tongue muscle, but even that is not impeding the movement of the tongue.
My every day observation of her tells me that she has some trouble imitating the movements needed to reproduce almost all consonants... she only does "m" "p" "k" "b" and all the vowels, but even with the ones she is capable of saying she has difficulty in mixing them together and forming complete words.
She will be starting speech therapy and have faith that she will get better, but I would like to know from you if there is any medicine that could help with this lack of coordination between her brain and her mouth, it's as if her muscles don't respond correctly... but she knows exactly what she is saying.

I have given her lycopodium and feel she is more confident in herself and less frustrated when we don't understand what she is saying, witch happens in almost every sentence... Sad
She also had varicela (chickenpox) and the flu in the past 2 months.

http://www.homeopathyandmore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9218&highlight=speech

Re:Speech delay in 3y8m child - Dr Udaya Kumar By: udaya kumar
--

January 8 2017
Since you have mentioned two specific words "tongue muscles" and "brain co-ordination" two specific medicines are evident:
1. Causticum 30C
2. Gelsemium 30C
Use these medicines three days each (total six days) and report.

--

Re:Speech delay in 3y8m child - Dr Udaya Kumar By: atiefrep eduas
portugal

January 8 2017
Do I give them 3 times a day for the 3 days?

--

January 8 2017
yes three times a day...report after completion of each medicine course of 3 days....

--

portugal

January 8 2017
I have causticum 15C at home, could I use that or is it better to get 30C potency?

portugal

January 10 2017
I have causticum 15C, can I use that instead?

--

January 10 2017
you may.

--

portugal

January 13 2017
After 3 days of Causticum I see no diference in her speech, but her mood has been different, more tantrums and crying over any contradiction, woke up in a bad mood, and on the last night of the medicine she woke up crying and had difficult time going back to sleep, she just kept crying and I couldn't calm her, couldn't tell if it was a bad dream?! but she usually sleeps through the night. She was starting a cold, runny nose, but since I started Gelsemium, today she is better, cold symptoms and mood.

--

January 14 2017
stop causticum and continue with gelsemium.....

--

portugal

January 18 2017
After 3 days of Gelsemium I see no improvement, if there is any difference is on the oposite direction.. she is not capable of mastering a lot of the mouth, lips and tongue movements it takes to form the sounds, but her tongue does all the movements it is supposed to separately. And she has trouble putting syllables together even with the sounds she does well (example: she says "ma" "ca" "co" but she can not say "macaco".
She is showing now interest in reproducing letters and numbers on paper and she does some very well, but she many times does them upside down, like she is righting for the person in front of her to read, she does that with drawings as well, she is very perfectionist with them and is very upset when the drawing is not as she intended, her drawings are a little infantile for her age, but she is showing more interest on that now. She is left handed, from a very early age, and does everything with the left hand and even with the left foot, when playing with a football. I've been told that could delay the development of her language skills.
I hope you can find a way to help us.
Thank you

--

January 18 2017
use Lycopodium 30C three times a day for three days......causticum should have been used at 30C......lower potencies aggravate in specific cases.

--

portugal

January 18 2017
should I order causticum 30C to use after lycopodium?

--

January 18 2017
I think so...or causticum 200 single doses in a week

--

portugal

January 21 2017
I've been giving her Lycopodium for 3 days now and I seen no diference in the speech clarity, what do you suggest? causticum 200 once a week or other?

portugal

January 24 2017
I stopped Lycopodium after 3 days and see no difference in her speech. Last night she was very difficult to handle, moody and crying over anything. During the night I heard her moan several times. Today she woke up the same, moody, she didn't want to go to school, cried a lot, wanted to stay with me... she would prefer to stay home almost every day! but today was more difficult than usual.
What do you recommend? Should I give Causticum 30? or 200 like you said before? or some other medicine?

--

January 24 2017
Lycopodium is a deep acting remedy....its span of work is around 45 days and changes could be seen within and upto 45 days....delayed speach has a cause deeper reaching to genetic causes.....so to expect a result within a day or two or week is not a right approach......for the moodiness, moaning, and management, use single dose of Belladonna 30C or 1M depending upon the level and depth.....

--

portugal

January 24 2017
I agree with that, we should give it time. She has been showing evolution on her behavior and also on her speech, just not fast enough for my anxiety... speech therapy is also helping.
Thank you for your advice and time. I'll report back in a month or so.
Namaste

--

January 26 2017
you can repeat lyco one dose a week in 200C potency...

--

portugal

January 26 2017
I will, thank you.

--

January 27 2017
ok

--

portugal

February 1 2017
I'm happy to say there has been a positive evolution! she is starting to say complete words! It's only a few words but it's something new!

portugal

February 2 2017
She just started complaining of ear pain in the right side, she cried herself to sleep Sad I had to give her paracetamol for the pain because I gave her aconitum and beladonna but nothing was working... now I don't now what worked... could you please tell us what is the right medicine for her when she wakes up? She also has conjuntivitis and a cold

portugal

February 3 2017
In case of an emergency all my options are alopathic medicine, I have been getting good results with homeopathy but I have to rely on my books or the internet forums, so I needed your help with my daughter's ear pain, before I have to take her to the doctor and fill her with antibiotics.

--

February 3 2017
Rhus tox 1M single dose followed by Belladonna 30C three doses a day for three days for conjuctivitis....Belladonna should work for ear pain ,,,,if not use chamomilla 30C or Hepar Sulph 30C as per symptoms.

--

portugal

February 4 2017
She now has a low fever at night for the second night, productive / wet cough, she complains that her belly hurts sometimes, the eyes are better but with more rheum than normal and she never complained about the ear again after that episode. She has been peeing more times than usual. She is a little pale and with less energy than usual, other than that she is OK and in a good mood.
What do you advise?

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.