Cell/Biochemic Salts
Bach Flower Remedies
Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Argentum Metallicum
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Att: Mr. Kumar. 7 year old, Belladonna, and P.A.N.D.A.S.
Started by: TaraJoy at September 3 2013

Replies: 510 & Views: 66075    Font    Page 18 of 21  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next          Reply

Re:Att: Mr. Kumar. 7 year old, Belladonna, and P.A.N.D.A.S. By: TaraJoy

September 21 2016
Udaya, just making a note here (you don't have to reply)....where I'd told you I'd given Ignatia recently after spasms/chorea/whatever, I'm realising now from looking through the thread that it was actually a 'Cuprum Met. moment' so I'd gotten it wrong.
(your note to me of 7 Aug 2015)

Re:Att: Mr. Kumar. 7 year old, Belladonna, and P.A.N.D.A.S. By: udaya kumar
--

September 21 2016
Cuprum Met or Cuprum Acetate...alternatively Opium 200C if constipation is present.....

--

September 22 2016
Thanks. Blissfully we seem to have kicked that very long-standing constipation though I always feel Opium will back on the roster one day. I've got to keep that Cuprum in mind for the spasms. Oddly enough I'm having them myself these days . Didn't know they were catching!?
I'd noticed under the Cuprum Acetate 'better chewing'. That's Tuckoo for sure.
Meanwhile I'm still observing her and tapering down the Merc.
Will keep you posted. Thank you.

--

September 22 2016
Opium is selected interalia the following:
Face.--Red, bloated, swollen, dark suffused, hot. Looks intoxicated, besotted (Bapt; Lach). Spasmodic facial twitching, especially corners of mouth. Veins of face distended. Hanging down of lower jaw. Distorted.

--

September 23 2016
Well I'm not often seeing that look on her....except when a certain lad comes around....but I'm supposing that's a completely different story then...

September 29 2016
Dear Udaya,
It seemed to me that after 3 days of Merc. Iod. Ruber. that there might have been a healing crisis of sorts. Like a couple of symptoms came up that weren't exactly new but presented in an odd bursting sort of way (panic, headache, negativity etc) and then completely fine. No major PANDAS symptoms just now, throat/tonsils look better (still has never complained of pain). Is there anything you'd recommend to follow with? Otherwise I'm just going to keep monitoring and record the current picture.
Thank you,
Tara

--

September 29 2016
no other interference right now please continue monitoring........

--

September 30 2016
Thank you - happy doing that.
Just the one thing for now that's new - a white tongue - I'd waited to see if it was a fluke but it's 2 days now. The first day she was gassy and said her stomach was cramping with very sharp pains but that's gone off. ~TJ

--

September 30 2016
If related to improved state of being:
Antim Crudem:
Stomach.--Loss of appetite. Desire for acids, pickles. Thirst in evening and night. Eructation tasting of the ingesta. Heartburn, nausea, vomiting. After nursing, the child vomits its milk in curds, and refuses to nurse afterwards, and is very cross. Gastric and intestinal complaints from bread and pastry, acids, sour wine, cold bathing, overheating, hot weather. Constant belching. Gouty metastasis to stomach and bowels. Sweetish waterbrash. Bloating after eating.

If related to UTI Croup lungs
Antim Tart:
Stomach.--Difficult deglutition of liquids. Vomiting in any position, excepting lying on right side. Nausea, retching, and vomiting, especially after food, with deathly faintness and prostration. Thirst for cold water, little and often, and desire for apples, fruits, and acids generally. Nausea produces fear; with pressure in pręcordial region, followed by headache with yawning and lachrymation and vomiting.

--

October 2 2016
Dear Udaya,
I've given it my utmost thought and attention but I'm confessing I'm at a loss with the antimony(s). Meanwhile, after saying we've overcome the constipation, I'm actually thinking we're having an episode of that - which you seem to have 'guessed' even before she was having that stomachache. I haven't given the Opium - or anything - wasn't sure if I should be giving antimony in between? She did start snoring last night. What do you reckon?
Thank you,
Tara

--

October 2 2016
Both antimoniums incidentally have white coating on tongue just as whitewashed.....Antim crudem in particular seems relevant here.....

--

October 3 2016
I'll give a dose of that one - thank you.

--

October 3 2016
Ok

--

October 13 2016
Dear Udaya,
Tuckoo is grand and free from most of the symptoms I'd mentioned recently. She'd gotten one very severe tic - a slight eye roll and then full blown eye roll, slight grimace and a jerky wee nod sort of thing, chin jutting - all at the same time - I don't think she's had anything that complex before and it was continuous - quite drained the life out of me standing by for 24 hours. I had a go with a few remedies from 'the usual' assortment but nothing changed and then I gave her Kali Brom at bedtime. She did wake up tic free and has remained so for 72 hrs....I can't be saying for certain what if anything helped but I do know that has never happened before; the tics normally take quite a lot longer to go off.

Over all she still gets better and better - truly I consider it miraculous what she has overcome. She's even overcome a great deal of the low muscle tone and coordination issues in the past year. She could not even pull open a door last year and now has no problems whatever, even with heavy doors. Maybe I just push the envelope but I honestly don't believe it when some say genetics can't be overcome. Thanks to you, I've no plans to give up any time soon.

Here are some issues I feel I don't get to address enough because of the PANDAS episodes - but now that those are more mild and less frequent, I'm aiming for a sea change in the other areas. Her spatial awareness is still quite poor - maybe that's not even the proper term - but something's just not right with her that should be intuitive regarding directions and such. ('Getting lost in well known streets' would be an understatement). I'm trying to describe it w/o the labels like 'dyspraxia' and I think it's more far reaching than I can even describe - certainly it's the cause of a great deal of anxiety for her. This is one of the big things that's really holding her back.

Crossing the road is a huge problem. As well, she can be looking straight at me in the market, maybe 25 feet away, but if there's anything between us - a display, a crossways aisle, a lot of people - it's as though she can't work out how to get to me, and might even go the opposite way, which looks utterly bizarre. She can't work out an arcade game just by looking at it - if you don't show her, she'll do something quite unexpected like hurl the ball in some strange direction and you'd better duck. However, once you've shown her how it's done, she's the odds-on cert. It's like someone who is a genius in their mother tongue but looks a fool when expected to perform at that level in a foreign language w/o translation.

Even though she's articulate and gifted with most language, words like 'across' and phrases like 'over there' etc. seem to confound her. She's never had any trouble reading and there's no evidence of dyslexia. But I find myself using key phrases and body language in environments where safety is an issue and I can't take anything for granted. She's nearly as handicapped as my blind students were when not on ultra familiar grounds and my experience with them is coming in handy.

It still amazes me that she has such poor use of her hands. It's not something you'd notice straightaway but it's significant. Her hands are also quite fumbly - like they're numb or something. She says they hurt on top when she's holding the handlebars of the bike or scooter. They'll also fatigue and hurt even while holding a book. She's got similar issues with the feet though of course they don't get as much use.

Sure you'll be remembering Shanti talking of J. and his hand issues. There's definitely a connection here. Shanti mentioned she thought J. might have odd sensations in his hands that gave rise to some of his strange perceptions about bad energy etc. Tuckoo is not quite to that extreme but I do feel the same way - that her hands just don't 'feel right' to her. She's obsessed with bandaids and seems to frequently feel she's had a paper cut (and often does) and will need a bandaid straightaway or there'll be panic. She can't touch chalky things at all (panic) and after bathing she says her hands feel strange (she stays in a long time so they get shriveled) and she will put on gloves for awhile. If she's not finding the gloves fast enough - panic. I think a lot of the OCD comes out of these sensory issues but I don't know if strep or other pathogens are at the root. It's interesting that Sydenhams chorea primarly affects the hands, feet and face so maybe the sensations are in fact on a spectrum of sorts with chorea.

Believe it or not, there's a bit more that I just haven't got organised yet. If you've got time to read this and have any ideas, please do let me know. Sometimes even a question you ask me leads me down the right path. I know it's a lot and I'd planned to record it either way so never worry.

In other news, I seem to have gotten myself a Bartholin's gland cyst, right side, size of a grape, I'd say the pain is cutting and is rather severe - which for me is saying a lot - I'm getting slight chills at night so I reckon it's infected.....any ideas? I took Belladonna straightaway and I've taken one dose of Merc Sol as well as using topical calendula and hot packs. I think it's a bit better. Any recommendations would be appreciated! (I'm happy to make a new thread). It's likely I've got a urinary tract infection as well. Oh joy!

--

October 14 2016
Agaricus cimicifuga tarantula hyocyamus stramonium arsenic Cupruum zinc opium bell nature mar are options
For you try silica 3x or 30c

--

--

October 14 2016
Agaricus cimicifuga tarantula hyocyamus stramonium arsenic Cupruum zinc opium bell natrum mur are options
For you try silicea 3x or 30c

--

October 14 2016
Thank you - thanks for looking through the long post - I'll have a look at those remedies. The cyst burst so I guess I'll see what suits next, if anything.

--

October 14 2016
Well i am in a remote place working from my mobile ...apis mel and cantharis of course should follow well for your uti silica is specific no harm in using it as permanent solution

The other medicines are specific to sydenhams chorea
Hyocyamus having a lack of sense of distance seems closer

--

October 16 2016
Understood and appreciated...thank you so much...it's all good. Wherever you are and however you're doing it, you're the best.

October 30 2016
Happy Diwali Udaya, from Tara and Tuckoo!
Wishing you and your family many blessings and lots of love.
Our world is so very much brighter because of you.

--

October 30 2016
Thank you Tara and tuckoo ......i wish you and family a very healthy Diwali with all happiness in the days to come......brighter than ever....regards

--

December 30 2016
Dear Udaya,

Didn't want the year ending without sending you my best wishes....I hope and pray that the New Year finds you and yours richly blessed. I do miss our chats...hoping to do so again one day...perhaps another time and place. Meanwhile, Tuckoo is spectacularly well - even you wouldn't believe. That 'sea change' that I mentioned I was expecting came - and no ocean breeze - but a mighty gale complete with the agony of loss - one of Tuckoo's grandfathers and the very sudden loss of our beloved Mr. Nawar (your countryman) - no amount of Aconitum could dissipate that shock. But Tuckoo has risen from the ashes - loads of niggling symptoms melting away since early autumn - and without a doubt 2017 is going to be her year.

'Modern medicine' now considers her to have myoclonic epilepsy....no big news to you and me, right? :0) Not a grand thing to be sure, but having slogged through autism, pandas, etc - this seems a small hurdle. We've been able to manage all her life without any modern medicine or treatments - only the occasional non-invasive test - and God willing, we'll keep on. I mine this entire thread frequently and it continues to yield gems.

So for my part, the 'road less traveled by' has always held a special allure....and homeopathy gives me the strength to do what's authentic to me....but you give me the heart to endure the terrain. That 'has made all the difference'....and I'll not be forgetting you! I'm hoping you'll tell me how you've been getting on.
Wishing all here a blessed New Year.

With peace,
TaraJoy

--

December 30 2016
Thank you Tara for the update....my condolences to you and to Nair Family for the sudden loss.....Ignatia would be better choice than aconitum.......all epilepsies are blockages and therefore Arnica and Crataegus are the best choices.....when you say myoclonic phosphorus would also be thought about......half the road has been covered......the rest will be...with optimism.....the morning is there, the afternoon is there, the evenings are there.....I prescribe three medicines and that sum up my day......with best wishes and regards and my best wishes to tuckoo and you for a happier and healthier 2017 and years to come....regards udaya.

--

Re: Att: Mr. Kumar. 7 year old, Belladonna, and P.A.N.D.A.S. By: TaraJoy

December 31 2016
Thank you Udaya. Mr. Nawar was a rare gift....and in some funny way a sort of link to you....I'm afraid I'll never see his like again. My father-in-law, another unique soul, passed from this world as well this month so believe me, I was giving out Ignatia big style! I did Aconitum first for Tuckoo as she quite clearly narrates those symptoms as if she's reading the Materia Medica, though she's never seen it. There're definitely still some traumatic shock type elements residing within her but easy by easy they're being integrated or released.

I'm quite happy you mentioned Arnica and Crataegus - thank you so much! As soon as I read your words I 'saw' an image of a huge heart before me....it seemed like a big YES to your recommendation. I'll be letting you know how that goes.

There will be other challenges....for all I know, viruses and such may trigger PANDAS like symptoms infuture....new things may crop up....but the roots are strong now. You could just tell these past few months that the shifts were huge. It seems to me the epilepsy is just another step on the road to healing, rather than an addition to the prior ailments. We'll overcome it - I'm completely certain of that. Funny thing I forgot to tell you earlier - if you're remembering a few years back I mentioned her eyes had gone from sapphire blue to a sort of murky green colour. No one could explain it as she was too old then for it to be a child's normal change of eye colour. Possible genetic disorders were discussed but not pursued. Whatever it is/was, her eyes are back to their original blue now! (I liked the green but I knew it wasn't normal for her...and I so loved the dumbstruck look on the doctor's face when I showed her).

Opium/Hyoscyamus By: TaraJoy

January 12 2017
Just a note for the record as I realised I'd neglected to state that going back to Sept/Oct....I'd given Tuckoo the Opium and when later followed by Hyoscyamus, it really seemed to do her well regarding the spasmodic jerkings. Notable because we'd done Hyoscyamus in the past and didn't notice much. This time it appeared to me to have some relationship to the earlier Opium. Not sure if that's a valid observation but thought I'd share. ~TJ

March 17 2017
Dear Udaya,

I'm hoping all is green and lovely where you are today! Just wanting to share a few thoughts. Some time back you'd mentioned to me that when it came time for Tuckoo to begin menstruating that would bring relief. Well, that's surely been the case. I'm confessing the first time shocked and traumatised the pair of us (didn't see it coming so soon as she hadn't even turned 11 - which she is now). It seems to me now that all of her tics and restlessness culminated in the myoclonus and within weeks of that diagnosis she began the menstruation. I haven't seen a single jerk or anything since. I don't think I'd have made the connection if not for remembering your comment. It's also brought in additional info and modalities etc that I can be adding to the picture at some point. I've kept up with the Arnica and Crataegus off and on as per our last conversation. My Crataegus mother tincture has run out now and it will be hard to get more where I am.

Meanwhile, I had a funny dream last night which I'm sharing here for a variety of reasons. The first bit was truly odd....I was reading the forum and you'd written to someone who complained of digestive issues that they should mind the food additive xanthan gum as it was an irritant to them. The 'xanthan gum' was circled and starred like it was really important. Then abruptly (still dreaming) I was sitting across from Tuckoo, just watching her, and I was infused with her perfect wellness. But at the same time the ailments and the symptoms were there too. It's hard to explain but it was like they were one and the same. I was anxious to wipe away the ailments and leave the wellness only but I noticed that the more I fussed, the more the wellness seemed to fade. If I remained still, the wellness was quite a bit brighter (so to speak) than the ailments.

When I woke up, I came to remember something you wrote to me years ago:
'Think of the words of Shri Krishna....All is for good.....what has happened is for good...what is happening is for good....what will happen will also be for the good.....'

Even though this was quite similar to what I'd heard my whole life, I don't know the reason that I experienced it differently here...almost like the poet said, I could ' feel Lazarus (deep inside even the laziest, most deathly afraid part of you) lift up his hands and walk toward the light.' I never thanked you for being the transmitter!

As you can imagine, I've got lots more to say but that's it for now.
With kind regards,
Tara

--

March 18 2017
I do not know why we missed cimicifuga as allen would put it : Through the brain and spinal cord Cimicifuga affects directly the entire nervous system, disturbing the nerve centers and producing a universal depressing irritant condition, which indirectly extends to the muscular system, and to the female generative organs, giving rise to various disorders indicating rheumatic and neuralgic disturbances of those parts...... ::::

--

Page 18 of 21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 18 of 21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.