Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Sedum Acre
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Swollen lymph nodes/ parotid
Started by: medicalhelp at July 9 2012

Replies: 75 & Views: 9917    Font    Page 1 of 4  Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next          Reply

Swollen lymph nodes/ parotid By: medicalhelp

July 9 2012
Hello, this post is about my elder sister who is 39 years old. She has noticed swollen glands behind her left ear. She went to local ENT doctor who prescribed antibiotics and described it as swollen lymp nodes/ parotid gland. There was no pain whatsoever on the swollen part, but she has felt sometimes stikk neck pain, head ache as well as indigestion problems with gas issue. Doctor has also advised to take a FNAC test if the swollen gland does not subside after completion of antibiotics. Now, being a firm believer in homeopathy, we would like to take up homeo pathy before going for the FNAC test. I have searched this forum and found out that pulsatilla 30 was prescribed for swollen lymph nodes. I would like to know any homeo medications at this stage for my sister. Dr.Udaya please respond soon, we will be grateful.

Re:Swollen lymph nodes/ parotid By: medicalhelp

July 9 2012
Hello Dr. Udaya please respond to my thread . We are eagerly waiting for your reply.

Re:Swollen lymph nodes/ parotid By: udaya kumar
--

July 9 2012
Pulsatilla will cure if it is parotid glands. There would be swelling under the ear then. If it is lymphadinitis, lymphoma, sialitis (cytomegalovirus) or other virus like herpes, or other reasons, the FNAC test should tell you exactly. There is no harm in taking that test. The important medicines as per symptoms would be
:1. Medorrhinum 1M
2. Tuberculinum 1M
3. Arsenic Iodatum
4. Conium Mac.
5. Rhus Tox.
6. Silicea
7. Hepar Sulph
8. Pulsatilla
9. Nux Vomica.
10. Natrum Mur.
11. Belladonna.

Use three doses of Nux Vomica 30C followed by one dose of Pulsatilla 30C. Report after each medicine.

--

July 9 2012
Many thanks Dr. Udaya. she has taken 2 dose of pulsatilla 30 with in 8 hours interval as we read such suggestion by you in an thread in this forum .

then when should she take Nux Vom 30 ?

Please revert back soon.

Many thanks.

shyam

July 9 2012
Yes, her swelling is behind the left ear.

--

July 9 2012
Yes you can take Nux Vomica after Pulsatilla. Pulsatilla anyhow may not cure that condition as the swelling is behind the ear. Please check the symptoms of all the medicines. You may give Nux which will only benefit. The exact medicine should be Rhus Tox 200C single dose, but you can the follow course as above.

--

July 9 2012
ok, then we will get Nux 30 tomorrow.

Would you please tell me the interval of taking 3 doses of Nux? should i get them liquid or glouble form? If We have it in Globule then how many globules make one single dose? 4 or 5? Please confirm.

Regards.

--

July 9 2012
Unless you tell me all other symptoms including the mind symptoms I cannot pin point the medicine. Or else you have the test done and tell me the diagnosis and I would be able to help you further.
Nux may be given at 3 hour interval for one day. a dose in globules could be anything from 1 to 5 or more. Three to five globules would be ideal. In liquid three drops in quarter glass water.
You should get Rhus Tox and belladonna as it works against infections and viruses. For cleaning up the lymphatic system Echinasia Q 5 drops three times for a few days will help.

--

July 9 2012
Ok, but is there any set of questions to be filled in as her mind symptoms. Then, it would be easier for us to write in details with out missing important points.

Regards.

--

July 9 2012
use the patients click here above the window in which you are posting the reply. It is not exhaustive but it can give some idea about the person. Please make it as exhaustive as you can. with best wishes.

--

July 9 2012
Ok, doctor Udaya, thanks for your help. i will come up with a detailed list discussing with my sister tomorrow day time.

But, should i get her Nux 30- theree doses as per your suggestion tomorrow in between?

please let me know what you think.

Many thanks.

--

July 9 2012
yes. Nux should be given. Nux would clean up the system paving way for other medicines. At the same time it is curative in certain similar conditions.

--

July 10 2012
1. Age/Sex/Country/Climate:
39/Female/India/ hot moderate humidity staying in a house full of green trees and garden .she is short stature, healthy looking lady with presentable and cordial charming personality and appreance

2. Current complain - from how long:
Noticed swelling behind left ear since last 15 days, with no apparent problems, but with occasional head ache in mild level and stiff neck but with in limit--not that severe, sometimes urine infection, problem, delay in period, indigestion problems, sometimes feels rest less

3. Current medicine you are taking:
no specific medicine, sometimes famocid 40 due to indigestion problem, local ENT has prescribed antibiotic Mocpad 200 mg for swollen gland and potassium citrate and cytric acid oral solution usp for urine infection

4. Sign & Symptom of disease:
no apparent signs only mild to moderate headache and occasional stiff neck for last week

5. Breif medical history:
She underwent Laparoscopic surgery in the year 2010 due to stone in Gallbladder

6. Family Back Ground:
Father is a type 2 diabetic person with pacemaker implanted due to heart block, neurological problems are there, urine infection etc ... is unwell for last 3 years specially

mother is having no major issue, but has low bp, gastritis problem, had ulcer in the age of 40, cured with medicine

7. Education and Nature of Profession of Patient:
master degree , music teacher, is a self employed individual, so often work load is higher and tension is there

8. Desires and aversion of food:
likes to have spicy tasteful food, but no such aversion, she is adjustable with any kind of dishes whatsoever ver

9. Mind-behavior, anger, irritability, hurry..etc.:
She is good in household work and in public places too, but likes to do things in her own way, and settles in her own way. Though she does all her duties while staying in an extended family with in laws, she is not happy with them and often plans to stay separate. She is having some issue while relocating to another town due to her convenience and education of her only daughter studying in class 7. She is a bit angry and gets irritated with people that are not like minded to her. She is very organized at work and always completed work with out taking rest, but at the end of the day likes to stay in her own terms. Her husband is very good person in nature and they have a good bond, but she has some kind of tension regarding him and also about her daughter. So for last 1-2 years, she has been not doing very stable in mind from several aspects.

10. What makes it worse and what makes it better:
When problems and duties and bad comments, no compliments come always in the way in in law's house the mind becomes more irritated and angry.

when she thinks of to settle down in another place, things like to be under control.

11. Thirst/Tongue/diabetic...:
Her thirst is normal, but now a days she intentionally drinks more water due to urine infection

Her tongue gets somewhat acidic sometimes

She has not tested blood sugar so far, but she has measured her B.P 3 days back, it is 130/80

July 10 2012
Hello Dr. Udaya, I have posted the form as per my capability. Please have a look and suggest remedy.

I have got Nux Vom 30 for her, and she has already taken one dose.

Regards.

--

July 10 2012
I am not a doctor....
Please check the symptoms of the following medicines:
http://homeoint.org/books/boericmm/h/hep.htm
http://homeoint.org/books/boericmm/s/sep.htm
http://homeoint.org/books/boericmm/p.htm

FNAC test would be ideal and should go for it.

--

July 10 2012
Ok. Mr. Udaya, you may not be a doctor, but the advice and suggestion you give to the visitors on this site shows your wisdom and expertise in Homeopathy.

We will surely go for FNAC test very soon, but only just to like to give a try to homeo medicine before this test if it works for my elder sister if it could work wonders.

I have checked the given links and still not decided about the remedy.

I have tried to write almost every detail about her in the question bank, so would be kind enough to pin point a remedy for her?

We will be thankful to you.

Thanks,

Shyam

July 10 2012
Oh, just to give you an update, after taking 3 doses of Nux Vomica 30 she felt a bit fresh and good in health as she told me. She even asked me if she would get one single dose of Rhus Tox 200 tomorrow as suggested by you yesterday.

Regards.

--

July 10 2012
I understand. Each of the medicines above have been chosen very carefully to see through all possibilites lymph node swellings. The common reasons may vary from simple fighting of an infection or inflammatory condition or an abscess,tuberculous to cancer. They would usually be painful if they are fighting an infection. Soreness in lymph nodes should disappear in a day or two without treatment, but the nodes may not return to usual size for weeks after the infection is aborted. And yours could be that case. The test is simple and suggested only to rule out any major possibilities so that anxieties are put to rest. Considering the infection possibilities, two medicines are paramount 1. Rhus Tox and 2. Hepar Sulph. Both could be taken one after the other in 200C potency single dose. If it goes away completely, you may not have to go for a test.

The two medicines Pulsatilla and Sepia have been mentioned above considering two aspects 1. Pulsatilla if there is a parotid element involved and urine infection,gall bladder stone removal and consequent burps?? correcting digestion of oil etc. and delayed menstruations. 2. Sepia has been suggested considering possibilities of any herpes infection behind ears, the mind symptoms at sl.No.10 above, delayed menstruation. The mind symptoms are mind symptoms only if they are an attitude problem and a calculated reasoned out decision does not come under a symptom to reckon with. That is why I asked you to check their symptoms rather than myself making a conclusion.... with best wishes.

--

July 10 2012
Many thanks Mr. Udaya. but, can you simple chalk out a simple guide for her to take this medicine when and how exactly?

We are really not that expert to pick up from them. And for mind, i should say they should not make major impact on her health. but, she is laborious and works hard in and out , and her body may seek some rest and comfort that is true.

Please help and guide us.

the test is schedules to be done next week as it needs prior appointment in my city, so if you could outline some medicines for the time being, it would be of great help for her.

Regards.

--

July 10 2012
In the absence of the physical presence of the patient, none can say with certainty unless you give the symptoms as a homeopath would see it. Until then it is a closest approximation. The best course then would be to see the direction of the prognosis from evolving symptoms after taking a test dose of one medicine or two which are closer to the symptoms and the evaluated possibilities. The medicines have been suggested. She may take Rhus Tox 200C single dose and report the benefits on next day. It may not be necessary to take any further medicines as Rhus tox does miraculous cure as a polychrest. If it did not work the intended way, Hepar can be tried single dose for one day and report.Hepar Sulph is yet another medicine which is of high value in all kinds of infections, absces, boils, skin eruptions and the kind, particularly in and around the mouth, throat, and ear areas. The other layers of ailments can be appropriately taken care of thereafter by Sepia or Pulsatilla as the case may be.

--

July 10 2012
Ok, will follow your suggestion and report accordingly.

Thanks.

July 12 2012
Hello, I am stating the condition of my sister after taking 3 doses of Nux vom 30 and then one single dose of Rhus Tox 200 yesterday,and for today she has taken a single dose of Hepar Salph 300 today in the morning.

Her swelling has not got yet, but the size is slightly reduced. She felt good after taking the above mentioned medications and urine issue has not disturbed her again till now. The indigestion issue has not disturbed her ant more after taking nux vom 30.

She has moderate pain sometimes in neck like stiffness and mild head ache, mild stiffness in hip etc.

But, there is a recent update on symptoms: she has observed that whenever she chews something or eats any food supporting on the effecting side( left side) the glands becomes a bit stiff . She has noticed it yesterday only.

What do you suggest in this condition?

overall after taking your suggested medications she felt much relaxed and relieved in body as well as mind she has confirmed me about that point.

So, she wants to continue taking your suggestion.

We will be happy if you provide your valuable input in this scenario.

Regards,

Shyam.

July 12 2012
the sentence "Her swelling has not got yet'"
should be read

"Her swelling has not gone yet....

Thanks.

--

July 12 2012
Please use one dose of Causticum 30C for left sided stiffness. Causticum 30C can be used upto three doses for one day if found necessary.

--

July 12 2012
Ok, Mr. Udaya, I will get her Causticum 30 C for gland stiffness and report back accordingly.

She just wants to know what should be the regular remedy for her gas related problem, indigestion etc.

Many thanks.

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.