Cell/Biochemic Salts
Bach Flower Remedies
Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Crab Apple [bach Flower Remedy]
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Post nasal drip or LPRD ( Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease)
Started by: Tristan at September 1 2011

Replies: 31 & Views: 5149    Font    Page 1 of 2  Goto page 1, 2  Next          Reply

Post nasal drip or LPRD ( Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease) By: Tristan

September 1 2011
Dear all:

I need help! I am a professional entertainer, I sing a lot!

I have been experiencing symptoms that could be linked to these two pathologies, Post nasal drip or LPRD ( Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Disease).
Specially: frequent throat clearing, pain or sensation in throat,
feeling of lump in throat, problems while swallowing, singing difficulties (especially with high notes)...as in getting tired quickly...feeling of tension in the throat.Sniffing phlegm and mucus often. Discharge is clear ( Transparent...) and sometimes think.
I have cganged my diet and eliminated almost all sugar and lactose ( I only eat lactose free or goats dairy.
I am on medication for acid reflux to see if the cause is this one. Doctor also gave me a cortisone nasal spray that did nothing....
I am in despair! Show coming up!
Can somebody help me please? I know that someone here has the answer, you guys have helped me so much in the past!

Thank you and bless you all!

Re:Post nasal drip or LPRD ( Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Diseas By: Tristan

September 1 2011
Udaya? Perhaps you can help me as you always have? You have been like Godsend to me in the past.. Smile

Thank you

Re:Post nasal drip or LPRD ( Laryngopharyngeal Reflux Diseas By: udaya kumar
--

September 1 2011
Dear Tristan,

You disappeared after your last show? How was that megashow? Please take three doses for one day of Causticum 30 and tell me the balance symptoms you have .
I am expecting Causticum to work in the Globus Hystericus and its cause the GERD.
and fundamentally the gastric disturbances. I am expecting Causticum to work in the post nasal droppings, in the mucus formulations in the throat and to clear your voice, rejuvenate the throat muscles, giving it strength. If you are not familiar with globus hystericus I will provide a simple link here which can tell you how causticum with this single word connection can help at various levels in the throat.
http://www.nexiumresearch.com/globus_hystericus.html

And following are the throat and respiratory symptoms of Causticum and you may have a few of those symptom pictures if not all.

Throat.─Sore throat on using exertion, as if it were lacerated internally.─Pain as of excoriation, roughness, scraping, and burning pain in the throat.─Shooting pain in the throat on swallowing.─Audible cracking in the throat.─Constant urging to swallow, with sensation of swelling or of contraction of the gullet.─Difficulty in swallowing, from paralysis of the organs of deglutition.─Sensation of cold which ascends to the throat.─Dryness of the throat, without thirst.─Accumulation of mucus in the throat, and behind the palate, with expectoration by hawking.

Respiratory.--Hoarseness with pain in chest; aphonia. Larynx sore. Cough, with raw soreness of chest. Expectoration scanty; must be swallowed. Cough with pain in hip, especially left worse in evening; better, drinking cold water; worse, warmth of bed. Sore streak down trachea. Mucus under sternum, which he cannot quite reach. Pain in chest, with palpitation. Cannot lie down at night. Voice re-echoes. Own voice roars in ears and distresses. Difficulty of voice of singers and public speakers (Royal).

17. Respiratory Organs.─Rough hoarseness, morning and evening.─Prolonged hoarseness, with voice weak and stifled.─Aphonia from weakness of the muscles of the larynx.─Sensation of excoriation in the larynx, when not swallowing.─Hawking up of abundant mucus, esp. in the morning.─Cough, with short breath, and difficulty of respiration.─Cough, excited by speech and by cold.─Cough is worse: in the evening till midnight, from exhaling; drinking coffee; cold air; draught of air; when awaking from sleep.─Cough is relieved by a swallow of cold water.─Matutinal or nocturnal cough.─Short cough, provoked by a tickling and a sensation of excoriation in the throat.─Cough, dry, hollow, shaking, with sensation of burning, and pain as of excoriation in the chest.─Rattling in the chest while coughing.─Pains in the hips while coughing.─Cough with involuntary passage of some drops of urine.─Inability to expectorate the mucus, which is detached by coughing (the expectoration comes up far enough apparently, but it cannot be spat out; greasy taste of the expectoration. The inability to expectorate is found in every species of cough, whooping-cough, &c.).

Please report after one day of Causticum 30. with best wishes.

--

September 2 2011
Dear Udaya:

What did I say?...you are Godsend indeed!

The show became shows! And went most of them very well! Now I have more than 10 coming up! You should come and see!!! I will get you tickets!

I have started the causticum 30 C today....2 dosages until now...not much difference as yet though Sad I will report tomorrow...

Thank you again Udaya! You are the best!

Tristan

--

September 3 2011
Dear Tristan,
Where on Earth is that? Anyhow good wishes for great days ahead!

Not much difference is a very good sign. Difference will show up after a day or two. If not we will further evaluate. I would need other symptoms from you away from the throat to know you completely and suggest a medicine in totality. with best wishes.

--

September 4 2011
Dear Udaya:

I am in Germany Smile You are always welcome here!

Let me see...other symptoms...appart from the throat...

Well...sometimes ( Sometimes only) I also feel some pain in the ear canal...although I feel it actually on the side of the larynx or around the tonssils ( but I think lower...) I have had acid reflux ( Have..and I take omeoprazole for it...) What else....I am a very bad sleeper..( Still taking lorazepam...very low dosage...trying to quit...)
I had candida issues ( Skin problems..not visible anymore...)
For the rest...I think I am a very healthy chap! Since I modified my diet ( Towards a more alkaline one ) I have not experienced lip herpes or episodes of cold and/or flu. Prostate issues seem to have vanished ( Still get up once or twice at night...depending how I sleep...)
Once again...major issue at the moment is this continuous discharge of small quantities of thick transparent phlegm, constant urgency to clear throat and nose ( not runny nose ) Sensation of having a lump in the throat ( Although throat exams showed nothing...All clear there!) voice getting tired, tension in the throat...
I do not know if it could be some sort of food intolerance...but...I have cut down on dairy ( just in case...) and sugar... Sometimes I feel symptoms are stronger when I feel tired or have not eaten in a while...maybe when I am slightly dehidrated ( Although I drink a lot of liquid...) Sad
I do not know what else to tell you Udaya... Smile
Thank you so very much again.
I will keep taking the causticum 30 C until you tell me to stop... and doing saline nasal irrigations...seem to help a tiny little bit...
Also tried some mucolitic containing Guaifenesin...I really do not know if it helped or not...honestly...I am desperate...I always had this a bit...now...it seems out of control!
Thank you a million times again Udaya!
I await your answer!
Tristan

--

September 4 2011
No. Do not take Cuasticum for longer periods. It is such a great medicines that it works within three doses in cases like lump in the throat, and if does not work means change medicines. Never take omiprazole. The lump is a GERD and you are taking omiprazole for gastric disturbances created by lorazapam. If you stop both these half your problems will be solved. Use Nux Vomica 30 to remove the side effects of these two medicines. Use Sulphur 30 upto three doses only Use Arsenic Album 30 three doses for one day(these two medicines will induce sleep) if happiness or activity of mind is cause for sleeplessness use Coffea Cruda. If not tell me the reason for sleeplessness we can find out the medicine. , Argentum Nitricum 30 three doses for one day. Hydrastis 30 one dose for one day. I have been there last friday. with best wishes.

--

September 4 2011
Udaya...You are a leggend! ok! I will get my hands on those remedies and Give it all a shot and let you know! I really hope it works! By the way...Coffea Cruda also 30 C?

Talk to you soon!!!

Tristan!

--

September 5 2011
Yes Coffea Cruda at 30C. Take care,. with regards.

--

September 5 2011
Thanks again Udaya! I bought most of the remedies...I will have them all by tomorrow...When should I take the Coffea Cruda? Greetings!

September 6 2011
Dear Udaya.... I quit lorazepam and omeoprazol altogether.... Now insomnia and acid reflux are out of control Sad Very bad couple of nights with both GERD and insomnia...
I took coffea cruda 30C one dose ( 5 globules) one hour before going to bed and another of Nux Vomica at the same time... Very bad night...going to the bath room about 8 times!!

I have started Sulphur 30, Arsenic 30, and I will get Argentum Nitricum and Hydrastis later on today...

I am going through a rough time...

I await your answer...Thank you very much again.

Tristan

--

September 6 2011
Sudden stopage of medicine will certainly have withdrawal symptoms in the case lorazepam and other side effects with omeprazol. Use Carbo Veg.1 dose Arsenic album 30. Do not use any more Sulphur now if you have already used one dose. Argentum nitricum may be used only if there is empty eructations. Nux may be used.

--

September 6 2011
OK Udaya...I will do that... How about coffea cruda? When should I take it? and Hydrastis?

Thank you Smile

--

September 6 2011
Go Slow. Medicine results only can show me which way to go. with best wishes.

--

September 9 2011
Dearest Udaya:

Throat feels better! ( I have also found that sugar might trigger it...honey etc...as I get a reaction after eating it! )

Insomnia...not so well Smile

Bless you!

Tristan

--

September 9 2011
Dear Tristan,

Reaction to sugar or glucose must be dealt with by Argentum Nitricum 30 three doses for one day and report changes. with best wishes.

--

September 10 2011
Dear Udaya,

Thank you again. I have been on Argentum Nitricum for 2 days already...3 doses a day...No change...I still feel ''the lump''. Only relief is nasal irrigation with saline solution, but it does not last long Sad

Best wishes:

Tristan

--

September 11 2011
Ok. Use Nux Vomica 3 doses followed by
Natrum Mur three doses for one day and Apis Mellifica 30 three doses for one day.
The following are the symptoms for use of Natrum Mur and Apis is complementary to Natrum Mur to complete the cure.

http://abchomeopathy.com/r.php/Nat-m/throat

best wishes.

--

September 11 2011
Dear Udaya:

Thank you again! I will buy remedies tomorrow. I am already taking Nux. I have been reading about Apis and Natrum and they are also link to another problem related to my insomnia... Nocturia ( abdomen; bladder; urination; frequent; night... I have to get up 2 to 3 times per night...although I have just discovered that some of the things I eat for dinner are natural diuretics! Cucumber, tomatoes...lettuce...)
Since I have ruled out prostate problems... (No other symptoms.. I hope I am right..) I found Baryta Carbonica as a remedy using the software... What do you think?

Thank you, you are the best!

Tristan

--

September 11 2011
Baryta is good enough for nocturia but invariably will have an indurated prostate. SRK *shahrukh khan is the best. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9MrzPpDJnM&feature=related

--

September 12 2011
Ok...ok! He is good...I will give you that...But I still think you are the best!!!
Sorry, I did not understand your last comment very well, what do you mean with ''but invariably will have an indurated prostate''? Should I take Baryta? or not...
Lets review....

I will take Natrium Mur 30 C 3 doses day, Apis Mellifica 30 C 3 doses day, Baryta 30 C? Also 3 doses?

Do I continue with Nux Vomica, Argentum nitrticum, Arsenic Album and Coffea?

Thank you again, YOU ARE THE BEST! Smile

September 12 2011
Dear Udaya:

Could not get my hands on Baryta 30 c...They don't have it! Any alternative for nocturia?

Throat feels better...perhaps apis mellifica is doing its job!

Greetings!

Tristan

--

September 12 2011
Dear Tristan,
When I say induration is a any swelled up condition or tendency towards swelling up in boil forms, abscess forms, swelling as such, and or tumorous forms. Here I meant prostate will mostly be swelled up where Baryta is indicated. In other words, it is usually a medicine fit for old age problems above fifty people. You may or may not take it. Nocturia has several reasons. So Other symptoms should be looked into. The following medicines are useful in nocturia
Acid Phos 1C., Alumina, Baryta Carb. Argentum Nitricum,Sulphur, Ferrum Phos, Belladonna 200
Dulcamera (must urinate when getting chilled), Formica Rufa, Joanosia Asoca, Turnera. I would suggest Sulphur 30C with best wishes.

--

September 13 2011
Dear Udaya, thank you again. I think my ''prostate'' problems are back...Remember? Before I disapeared? I have Sulfur and I will take it...I think I am also going to get my hands on Lycopodium 30 C ( You did recommend it last time...) And how about Arnica 30 C?

I had another HORRIBLE night. Getting up to urinate all the time, weak stream and small quantities... I managed to sleep around 4 hours... Sad

With very best wishes

Tristan

--

September 13 2011
Ok after Sulphur use one dose of Lycopodium and report. with best wishes.

--

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.