Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Knee Cartilege Repair
Started by: Brig DM Bahl at June 3 2011

Replies: 23 & Views: 9206    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

Knee Cartilege Repair By: Brig DM Bahl

June 3 2011
Dear Doctor,

I once read on this forum that Argentum Met is effective for repair and growth of cartilege in the knee and provides some relief to those suffering from OA.

It is well known that many problems which in allopathy are resolved only by surgery are immensely benefitted by Homeopathic remedies.

Please advise potency and daily dosage of Argentum Met and any complementary remedies along with it for regrowth of knee cartilege.

Best regards

Re:Knee Cartilege Repair By: udaya kumar
--

June 3 2011
Argentum Met 6C with Ruta G 6C three times a day as long as necessary and Symphytum 200 (once in a week)

--

Re: Knee Cartilege Repair By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

June 4 2011
Udaya

May I suggest that you instruct the patient to use the Wet dose of the Argentum Metallicum 6c and perhaps the Ruta 6c which I have not used so far instead of using the dry pellets.

I would also like to recommend that he does not take both remedies at one time as this may be counterproductive. Take one for 2 weeks and the other thereafter to see which will suit him better.

The patients to whom I have prescribed Arg Met have reported that they experienced relief in 12 hours after the first dose and distinctly felt better in 24.

The Wet dose of any Homeopathic remedy is made as follows:

Order the remedy in the Liquid pack in Alcohol, also referred to as Liquid Dilution in a bottle preferably with a dropper arrangement.
Get a 500ml bottle of Spring Water from the nearest supermarket.
Pour out about 3cm of water from the bottle to leave some airspace.
Insert 3 drops of the remedy into the bottle and shake the bottle hard at least 6 times before you sip a capfull of the bottle or a large teaspoonful which is the dose.
Shaking the bottle hard is homeopathic succussion and this enhances the effect of the remedy on the user.

Joe

Re:Knee Cartilege Repair By: Brig DM Bahl

June 25 2011
Dear Doctor Udaya

I am regularly taking Argentum Met 6c and Ruta 6c, thrice daily and Symphytum 200 once a week and find significant improvement in the condition of my right knee joint having OA.

I have learnt that OA Nosode 200 is beneficial in repairing the joint and creating adequate amount of synovial fluid in the knee.

May I have your comments please.

Best regards

--

June 26 2011
Dear Shri Bahl,
I have not used OAN on myself. To my mind it should be considered as a Sarcode and not a Nosode as I do not considered Osteoarthritis as a disease but a disorder, and there cannot be any virulent germs in Osteoarthritis to call the serum derived medicine a nosode.

As far as OA is concerned, the following link which appeared in Indian Homeopathic Journal should give you a good picture including the effectiveness and ineffectiveness parts as well as the aggravation part are worth a reading.

http://www.homeopathy.ac.nz/full-text-articles/osteoarthriticum-nosode-for-a-crippling-disease/

with regards

--

August 28 2011
Dear Dr Udaya

I have turned 74 and keep good health with your guidance for treatment of disorders from time to time.

Pain in lower abdomen has gone. Hernia is not troubling any more. Prostate seems OK too.

As advised by you, I am regularly taking Argentum Met 6c and Ruta 6c, thrice daily and Symphytum 200 once a week and my knees seem to have slowly developed a fresh cartilege. I am able to walk 2-3 km without any discomfort. I also climb 36 steps to my flat daily 5 to 6 times every day.

Currently, I have one problem that is of concern. If I sit in a chair with legs hanging, my right ankle gets a bit of swelling near the ankle bone. It is slightly painful with a very slight burning sensation. May be the valves which flow back the blood are no longer that efficient now resulting in accumulation of blood and appearing like swelling. At night I keep my leg raised on a pillow and when I get up next morning there is no swelling.

May I request you to advise so as to give relief from this disorder.

Best regards

--

August 28 2011
Use Pulsatilla 30 three times a day and next day Bryonia 30 three times a day. Alternate these medicines upto three days. with best wishes.

--

September 19 2011
Dear doctor Udaya

I am continuing with Argentum Met 6c and Ruta 6c, thrice daily and Symphytum 200 once a week.

A few days back I got X-rays done of both knees.AP (standing) and Lat. The report is as follows-

"Marginal osteophytes along femur, tibia and patellae.
"Bilateral medial joint space decreased with subtle subchondral sclerosis (R>L)
"Evidence of vascular calcification seen
"IMPRESSION : Findings are suggestive of osteoarthritis in bilateral knee (R>L) "

May I request you for further advice in the light of latest X-Ray findings.

Best regards

--

September 19 2011
Use Calcarea Fluor 30X three times a day for osteophytes along femur, tibia and patellae. Use Bryonia 30 for lubricating the medial joint space and the bones as such.
Vascular calcification has to be dealt with hypericum and silicea. Osteoarthritis on the whole requires continued use of Arnica, Ruta G,. Argentum Met. Rhux Tox and Symphytum. Use of Ksheerabala (Ayurvedic milk boiled and condenced 101 repetitions) would be beneficial externally. This would be available at Kottakkal or Coimbatore Arya Vaidya Pharmacies in South Ex or at Pusa Road.New Delhi. with best wishes.

--

September 20 2011
Dear Dr Udaya,

Thank you very much for your considered advice.

Currently I am taking Argentum Met 6c and Ruta 6c, thrice daily and Symphytum 200 once a week. I shall add CF 30x and Bryonia 30 to these thrice daily.

In what potency and frequency should I take Hypericum, Silicea, Arnica and Rhux Tox ?.

Best regards

--

September 20 2011
Rhus Tox at 200C once in a week
Hypericum 30C three times a day intermittently. Silicea 6X three times daily in biochemic for longer periods. with best wishes.

--

December 1 2011
Dear Dr Udaya,

My wife, 68, has developed Baker's Cyst behind left knee which is quite painful. Please advise homeo remedies to treat it. Regards

--

December 1 2011
Use the following medicines :
1. Thiosinaminum 6X three times a day for three days.
2. Calcarea Phos 30X three times a day for three days. Report after third day and sixth day. with best wishes.

--

December 9 2011
Dear Dr Udaya,

We followed the treatment advised by you. Baker's cyst behind the left knee has nearly gone. But she feels wound type sensation in soft tissues all around the knee and spasmodic pain on right inside of left knee.

Please advise what further remedies she should take.

She applies Kshirbala oil on the affected leg a few times daily.

Best regards

--

December 9 2011
Following are the conditions in which soreness appear around the knee usually.

Arthritis
Bakerís cyst
Bursitis
Connective tissue disorders
Dislocation of the kneecap
Iliotibial band syndrome
Infection
Knee injuries
Tendinitis
Torn cartilage
Torn ligament
Strain or sprain

Since she has baker's cyst we could easily attribute the sensation to that. She may continue the treatment and at the same time use three doses a day each of Pulsatilla 30C and Bryonia 30C in combination for three days. In case the problem still exist use one dose of Apis Mellifica 30C and wait. with best wishes and regards.

--

Re:Knee Cartilege Repair By: believer
friends

December 29 2011
Dear Dr. Udaya,

I met with an accident on 26/Nov/11 and had radial head(forearm) hairline fracture of my left forearm and soft tissue injury to my right forearm. Over a period of these 5 weeks my right forearm is ok with very very little pain but my left forearm still hurts on extreme rotational movements. Orthopadic said that it will take 3 months to recover. My worry is that the radia head is made up of Hyaline cartilage and even with hairline fracture it will be time consuming to heal(bcoz there is no blood supply to cartillage) and also it will leave a scar tissue, which can either restrict my forearm rotational movement to some degree or can cause stiffness or can be painful on lifting etc etc... Is there any homeopathic remedy which can heal my radial head(Hyaline Cartilage) faster, better, without any scar so that it heals in natural state/position as original... Looking forward to your advice!!!!!

Re:Knee Cartilege Repair By: MHA

February 23 2013
Hi,

I have arthitus in my knees, can you please advice what dosage do I need to take for the following:

Argentum Met 6c
Ruta 6c
Symphytum 200 (once a week, dosage ?)

As I understand both Argentum Met 6c and Ruta 6c needs to be taken thrice daily, what should be the dosage? how many drops ?

thanks
Munaf

--

February 25 2013
three drops in one ounce water three times a day. Symphytum can be taken once in a week.

--

Re:Knee Cartilege Repair By: Sunny

June 15 2014
Dear Doctor,
I am a 49 year old male in good general health. I recently discovered that I have a full-thickness cartilage defect along the posterior weight bearing surface of the lateral femoral condyle (left knee). Allthough the exact root cause of this damage has not been determined, but so far it seems like it may have be due to a sports injury coupled with weak or torn ligaments. At this time time I have no difficulty in normal walking, but I am unable to participate in running or any sports activities which impact knee, as it causes swelling, pain and tightness of the knee. My understanding is that in allopathy there is no treatment for building a damaged cartilage. I am encouraged by the posting on this site. Do you think the remedy mentioned above can rebuild my damaged cartilage (the defect is full thickness measuring 10 X 5 mm)? If yes how long is the typical time frame for this treatment and any restrictions in diet?

Thanks so much for your help.

--

June 15 2014
Dear Sunny,
I am not a doctor....the information provided here are of information value only.The medicine that has proven worth in correcting damages to ligament is Causticum 30C three doses a day for three days and repeat if necessary. For pain you may use Rhus Tox 200C single dose once or as and when there is pain. For regrowth of marrow if effected, you may use Symhytum 200C one dose a week. For bruises and damages to bones you could use Ruta 6C three times a day as long as you required... For osteoarthritis or similar pains after crumbling of the bones, you may use ArgentumMetalicum 6C with Calcarea Fluor 6X and Calcarea phos 6X. The time frame and cure depends on individual response and cannot be predicted.

--

Re:Knee Cartilege Repair By: RONO
kolkata

September 3 2014
DEAR DOCTOR,
MY MOTHER IS 65 YEARS OLD AND VERY MUCH OVER WEIGHT. SHE HAS OSTEOARTHRISTIS IN BOTH OF LEGS AS SAID BY THE DOCTOR AND HAVE GREAT PAIN WHILE WALKING.
KINDLY SUGGEST SOME MEDICINE SO THAT SHE CAN WALK.
THANKS
RONO

REDUCE WEIGHT By: RONO
kolkata

September 3 2014
DEAR DOCTOR,

PLEASE SUGGEST ME SOME MEDICINE TO REDUCE FAT OF MY MOTHER.
THANKS,
RONO.

Re:Knee Cartilege Repair By: deepak malhotra

October 23 2014
I got injury in my knee during playing badminton. its cartlidge damaged type . I m 30 . pls prescribe me medicine

--

October 23 2014
please make separate thread deeppak......your name sounds familiar.....use Arnica 40C three times a day with Ruta G 7C three times a day to start with.....best wishes.

--

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.