Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Natural antibiotic and antiviral
Started by: Pat2011 at March 22 2011

Replies: 12 & Views: 6940    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

Natural antibiotic and antiviral By: Pat2011

March 22 2011
- It's Simple! -

Coconut Oil's Monolaurin (from the lauric acid)

Kills ALL infectious bacteria!

(Even MRSA Staph infections - below.)

Coconut Oil's Monolaurin

Kills many viruses!

(Including Swine flu influenza, Herpes and Hepatitius C)

Our Ultimate Monolaurin is the only monolaurin containing the

full range of coconut oil's legendary lauric acid's conversion into monolaurin and other monoglycerides including:

Monolaurin - Monocaprin - Monomyristin - Monocaprylin

(We also have other anti-bacterial monolaurin products that include coconut phospholipids and plant essential oils such as:

The Ultimate Skin Defense - an anti-bacterial skin spray.

The Ultimate Dandruff Defense - a scalp conditioner.

The Ultimate Anti-Bacterial Foaming Soap - (without alcohol).

The Ultimate Pet Shampoo - for animal skin conditions.

(More information below, or scroll to the bottom for prices.)

The Ultimate Monolaurin is our internal defensive answers against all bacterial and many viral infections - including MRSA staph infections! (External problems are handled by the other products above.)

It is the best and purest source of monolaurin available. It now has what no other monolaurin product has with our "MonoCaprin Plus". Together, our Ultimate Monolaurin includes:

A minimum of: 90% Monolaurin, ...and...

Up to: 7% Monomyristin,

2% Monocaprin,

1% Monocaprylin.

This provides a much fuller benefit of coconut's goodness!

A Brief History

Early explorers wondered why the south sea island natives didn’t get the infectious white man diseases that the American Indians, and others, had. In fact, they never seemed to get any colds or flues either!

That is, until some of the natives started eating a western diet. Then they would get sick (while those on native diets still did not). That narrowed the search to diet but it wasn’t until much later that they narrowed it to one food – coconut oil.

Eventually, scientists discovered that coconut oil was about 52% lauric acid and suspected that lauric acid was the magic bullet supporting their immune system. However, testing lauric acid on bacteria didn’t produce quite the results expected???

Monolaurin

Fast-forward to recent history and the explanation started coming out. Dr. Kabara, with specialties in pharmacology and biochemistry, discovered the anti-microbial effects of monolaurin in mother's milk.

This is really important because the body converts a small part of coconut oil's lauric acid into a monoglyceride called monolaurin (sound familiar)? In fact, the body converts other monoglycerides into monocaprin, monocaprylin and monomyristin.

Even more important, these monoglycerides are very powerful germ-fighters. Monolaurin was tested on bacteria and it killed 100% of every bacterium it was tested on – including MRSA staph! It was even effective against many other viruses including:

Herpes Simplex virus (HSV 1 and 2),
Measles virus,
Herpes Simplex virus (HSV 1 and 2),
HIV,
Hepatitis C, and
Cytomegalovirus (CMV)!

Later clinical studies found that, though monolaurin was best for most pathogens, there were a few pathogens that monocaprin and others were even more effective against. Now, combined together as a family, Ultimate Monolaurin is the fullest blend of coconut monoglycerides available!

How Does It Do It?

The way monolaurin and family kills bacteria is really interesting. All bacteria (and some viruses) have a very flimsy lipid fat envelope (skin). This is by design so the bacterium and virus can easily penetrate its targets. As it so happens, monolaurin has the same size lipid fat molecules so they absorb into the bacteria’s skin.

Unfortunately for the bacteria, monolaurin doesn’t have very good binding power. The skin envelopes, already loosely held together, begins to break apart. The cells burst open and die. Then the white blood cells takes the debris to the liver where it is eliminated from the body. Your body is much happier and it’s a good deal for everyone - except the bacteria and viruses!

What Makes Our Monolaurin the "Ultimate"?

Our original focus was in helping hospitals, clinics and people with the deadly menicillin resistant staph infection called MRSA (methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus). In doing so, I had conversations with Dr. Kabara about the usages of monolaurin and a special project our company had in emulsifying monolaurin for MRSA products. We wanted to provide people with monolaurin skin cream and shampoo. (We were successful and they are now available - with more coming!)

While clinical studies were showing that monolaurin was the workhorse, there a few bacteria that monocaprin was actually better at defeating. Just as we wanted to add all 8 forms of Vitamin E to our Ultimate Foundation multivitamin, we also wanted to offer a fuller spectrum of the coconut monoglycerides to MRSA sufferers. Thus was born Ultimate Monolaurin offering a minimum of 90% monolaurin, with added monocaprin, monocaprylin and monomyristin. (If I was under any bacterial or viral attack - especially with something like MRSA - I would want to use the full benefits of coconut monoglycerides! That is not the time to experiment.)

(For more information, go to the Monolaurin and MRSA topics under the A-Z Index. We will be continually adding and updating articles and information about monolaurin on this site.))

To help out families and people on a budget, we are even able to pass along online savings! This includes both our 7 oz. and 21 oz. economy size (21 oz for the price of two 7 oz. containers). It is a win-win situation for all.

Servings: 1 Blue scoop = 1 tsp = 3,000 mg Monolaurin

(glycerol monolaurate).
Maintainence serving: = 1 scoop a day (1 teaspoon).

Flu seasons: = 1 scoop am, 1 scoop pm.

Any hint of getting the flu: = 1 scoop 3 times a day.

Vs. Capsules: (The Ultimate Monolaurin is concentrated,

- without the wasted fillers in capsules.)

7 oz. = 3.67 bottles of the 600 mg capsules!

21 oz. = 11.0 bottles of the 600 mg capsules!

Price: 7 oz. container of easy-to-swallow pellets.

A 25% discount: only $22.50 each for 7 oz container,

(3 or more for only $21.50 each)

(62 days maintainence servings).

http://www.inspirednutrition.com/2/The_Ultimate_Monolaurin_-_An_INTERNAL_Bacterial_Defense_-_7_oz.html

Our mission at Med-Chem Labs. is to provide a supplement that is orientated towards self healing rather than disease. We believe in the natural healing capacity of the body and emphasize prevention above treatment. We should be partners working towards the same ends-your optimal health. We are an advocate of preventive medicine with natural substances like Lauricidin®(chemical name monolaurin - Glycerol Monolaurate) that can lower your dependencies on drugs.

Regardless of your current health condition Lauricidin® (monolaurin - Glycerol Monolaurate) can help assist your body to optimal health. We are confident in telling you that Lauricidin® really works from our own research and the thousands of testimonials received from doctors and grateful users. The highly purified mini-pellets have been shown in laboratories worldwide to inactivate bacteria, viruses and fungi/yeast. Human studies underway support many benefits of Lauricidin® when used daily as a dietary food supplement. Drug claims cannot be made for Lauricidin®. However, positive anecdotal reports worldwide suggest that serious consideration should be given to Lauricidin® as an important supplement for attaining and maintaining health rather than for disease treatment alone. Through advanced technology, this natural substance is now available in a pearlized 100% pure form rather than as monolaurin (Glycerol Monolaurate) capsules. Capsule forms of monolaurin (Glycerol Monolaurate) all contain more than 50% inert materials. Read More

http://www.lauricidin.com/

WellnessResources.com News and Views
Monolaurin – A Natural Immune Boosting Powerhouse
Friday, October 31, 2008

Byron Richards, CCN

Monolaurin is a 12-carbon long fatty acid, derived from coconut oil but prepared into a mono-ester of lauric acid. Decades of research has demonstrated the germ-killing and disinfectant properties of this natural compound. It should be pointed out that monolaurin is a component of breast milk, part of Mother Nature’s immune support that is passed from mother to child and vital to the survival of the human race. Anything in breast milk must be very gentle on the baby, yet effective at boosting immunity. This helps you to understand the safety and non-toxicity of this simple fatty acid nutrient. Well, if it is nothing but a fatty acid with no toxicity then how on earth does it help immunity? After all, all the antibiotics in use by Western Medicine are essentially killing germs with toxic force. What trick does Mother Nature have up her sleeve?

Mapping the human genome was indeed a major breakthrough that has opened many doors to understanding how things work in your body. Scientists are now on to mapping the genomes of the contents of your digestive tract, the hundreds of trillions of foreign cells that have a huge bearing on your health. This is the frontier of medicine for the next 50 years that will eventually result in the development of non-toxic antibiotics and safe treatments for autoimmune diseases. In the mean time, many pieces of the puzzle are beginning to fit into place – information you can use to keep yourself and your family in better health.

This new science is reporting fascinating immunologic discoveries almost on daily basis. For example, in the October 31, 2008 issues of the journal Cell, scientists report that bacteria spores grow1 and spread by talking to dormant bacteria nearby, in essence motivating them to come join their cause (which is to infect your body). This turns harmless digestive contents into active combatants. The hostile bacteria release fragments from their cell membranes called muropeptides – a carbohydrate-based communication molecule that signals dormant “friends” to join the battle. The researchers believe this is a universal principle of bacterial infections. We already know that Candida albicans behaves this way. What tools do you have to keep this type of problem in check?

These findings mean that the balance of power residing in your digestive tract, as well as on the surfaces of your sinuses, lungs, and skin, has a profound influence on your immunity and health. If your baseline of health is too many bad gangs already active in your neighborhoods, as reflected by the nature of ongoing symptoms, then your immune system is already struggling to keep up with the challenges within your own cities. What happens if you get attacked by something truly hostile that you breathe in and swallow or eat and swallow? Obviously, the healthy terrain of your digestive tract determines your baseline of immune system competence, and your ability to directly fight a true challenge – such as a hostile flu virus which must first incubate in your digestive tract before spreading to some other area of your body.

And think about a baby just coming into the world who has no digestive competence or balance and no immune cells based on experience – how do they survive an infection if they get one? This helps you to understand the true power of monolaurin and other immune support components that are naturally found in breast milk.
Monolaurin, Gram Positive Bacteria, H. Pylori, and Candida

Research dating back 30 years first identified that the 12 carbon fatty acid2 of monolaurin was highly effective at combating gram positive bacteria and yeasts (like Candida albicans). The Candida killing ability of monolaurin3 has been established. The most research has been done on gram positive bacteria, as the compound can be used to reduce infections on poultry and help clean equipment involved in the production of food. And monolaurin is effective against many viruses. The nutrient has been in widespread use as an immune support dietary supplement for several decades.

Gram positive bacteria are those that contain a thick mesh cell wall lattice made of sugars and amino acids. Disrupting this mesh-like outer cell wall is the key to stopping them from spreading. The troubling bacteria in this category are in the families of Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, Corynebacterium, Listeria, Bacillus, and Clostridium.

Monolaurin has been found to incorporate itself into the cell membrane4 of gram positive bacteria and have the net effect of disturbing the integrity of its cell membrane, blocking replication and making it an easier enemy for your immune system to take care of.

In 1992 University of Minnesota researchers demonstrated an additional way that monolaurin helps, showing that it could reduce the toxicity5 of Staphylococcus gram positive bacteria. More recently, another gram positive bacteria, Bacillus anthracis, has been thrust into public attention by the threat of its use in bioterrorism. Like many bacteria, it’s severity of infection is based on how much toxin it can produce. In 2005 the University of Minnesota researchers this time demonstrated that monolaurin inhibited the genes that enabled anthrax6 to generate toxins. In 2006 research they showed the mechanism of reducing gram positive infection toxicity7 applied to many organisms, indicating that monolaurin is likely to help reduce the toxicity of any gram positive infection by making it less severe. This research also found that healthy cells were made stronger by monolaurin, also helping them combat the toxicity.

Monolaurin has demonstrated some ability to help regulate gram negative bacteria, one of which is the common intestinal inhabitant known as Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori). If H. pylori starts getting out of balance and turns hostile, like a bad gang in the neighborhood, then a lot of stomach distress can follow. Researchers have shown that monolaurin has a direct and potent germ killing effect on H. pyloria8, regardless of stomach pH. The H. pyloria8 germ killing ability of monolaurin has been confirmed9 by a second group of researchers. Exactly how monolaurin is able to kill these gram negative bacteria has not been identified.

Research has shown that monolaurin is not effective against most gram negative bacteria like Salmonella or E. coli, which have a different kind of outer cell membrane than gram positive bacteria. In contrast to this general finding, one study of bacteria cultured from the skin10 of children found that monolaurin inhibited the growth of gram positive and gram negative bacteria.

It has been generally observed that no gram positive bacteria are resistant to monolaurin. However, a recent study demonstrated that various super strains11 of gram positive Vancomycin Resistant Enterococcus (VRE) have developed partial (up to 70%) resistance to monolaurin. VRE is especially problematic to those with weak immunity. It is unknown if monolaurin is effective or not against Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). A detailed analysis in the VRE study showed that the mutated enterococcus bacteria had learned to tighten their cell walls, making it more difficult for monolaurin to get a toehold (the same problem antibiotics were having). Monolaurin has been shown to reduce the toxicity of gram positive infections, and has been shown to help Vancomycin12 work better against these super strains – meaning that monolaurin used along with appropriate medical care may produce a superior result.
Monolaurin and Viruses

Monolaurin is one of the most popular nutrients to assist in combating various viruses. It is believed to work by interacting with the lipids and phospholipids that form the envelope of the virus, causing it to weaken or disintegrate. Research suggests13 that monolaurin exerts some degree of immune support for the following viruses:
• Human immunodeficiency virus HIV-1, HIV+
• Measles virus
• Herpes simplex virus-1
• Herpes simplex virus-2
• Herpes viridae (all)
• Human lymphotropic viruses (type 1)
• Vesicular stomatitis virus
• Visna virus
• Cytomegalovirus
• Epstein-Barr virus
• Influenza virus
• Pneumonovirus
• Sarcoma virus
• Syncytial virus

One study showed that while monolaurin was effective against Cytomegalovirus14 it was not effective against rhinoviruses, the cause of the common cold. There are many anecdotal reports of monolaurin helping combat the flu.

Many of the types of viruses monolaurin helps are those that can be chronic low grade infections that deplete energy on a regular basis and flare up when you are stressed or down. If you have ever had a bad bug and never really got your energy back then monolaurin may help your immune system clean up the problem – even years later. Many find it useful for recurring mouth sores that are herpes-based problems.

The new discovery that many lipid coated viruses can live in your stored fat and disturb your metabolism, promoting obesity, opens the door for the use of monolaurin to assist weight management – though no specific studies have been done on this topic.

In summary, monolaurin is a nutritional fatty acid that is non toxic to humans and a friendly nutrient for human cell health. In contrast, it can be a knock out punch for gram positive bacteria and a number of difficult viral problems. It can also help to keep normal inhabitants of your digestive tract, such as H. Pylori and Candida albicans, in a better state of healthy balance.

The information given in this article is not intended to be used in place of medical care for any bacterial, viral, or yeast infection, especially a serious one. It is simply provided for its educational value, helping you to understand how a nutritional fatty acid helps your immune system do its job. Always get medical care if you are sick with an infection.

952-929-4575 -- 800-717-WELL | 7155 Amundson Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55439 | Copyright © Wellness Resources, Inc. 1999-2011 - Terms & Conditions of Use

www.WellnessResources.com

Re:Natural antibiotic and antiviral By: Jay1.5

March 25 2011
Hi Pat, do you have any experience with this product?

Sounds pretty amazing.

Jay

Re:Natural antibiotic and antiviral By: Pat2011

March 25 2011
Hi Jay

I recently purchased this from Inspired Nutrition. I bought it in hopes that it would help my Fibromyalgia after someone told me I should be taking monolaurin for Fibromyalgia. Apparently, some people believe that antibiotics helps with Fibromyalgia symptoms. I haven't taken the whole jar yet because I have a real hard time swallowing any type of pills including these little pellets. My throat gives me problems.

The thing I noticed is that a very small growth I had on my buttock near my anus came to the surface. The monolaurin pushed it out. I had taken homeopthy, causticum 30, for it about a year prior, but apparently I didn't take enough of it so the monolaurin pushed the rest of it out within the first 3 days I took it.

I also must have had some other small growth on my back because within the first 3 days it got real itchy back there.

However, I did not notice any changes to my Fibromyalgia symptoms.

I started out taking one scoop a day for the first week and then I increased it to 2 scoops daily.

Read the reviews as amazon and at iherb.com

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Monolaurin-Monocaprin-easy---swallow/product-reviews/B0028BOMJ4/ref=sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Monolaurin-Monocaprin-shipping-equivalent/product-reviews/B002MY0ZI4/ref=sr_1_3_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

http://www.iherb.com/Cardiovascular-Research-Ltd-Ecological-Formulas-Monolaurin-600-mg-90-Capsules/23529?at=1

March 25 2011
thanks for the reply Pat. Sounds like it is effective for you and the reviews seem positive as well. I may just have to give this a try.

Re:Natural antibiotic and antiviral By: ukhomeopath
UK

March 26 2011
Thanks for the info
Regards

March 30 2011
Interesting product. I ordered some after reading your initial post. Started taking it last night (very small amounts).
Within 30 minutes my inner nose felt very dry. My inner left eye normally squeaks when I press on it and within 5 hours of first dose it no longer is doing this. This little sinus issue has been going on for maybe 20 years (at least as long as I can remember). Not sure if its permanent or not but interesting none the less.
My oldest son with Tourettes woke up this morning with the worst tics ive seen in a very long time. Most likely to be a herxheimer effect. Also he has a pain in his mouth and when I looked I noticed a big puss filled boil on his upper gums.

My wife woke up this morning saying she itched all night long and barely slept.

We are taking this supplement very slow but interesting how this seems to be affecting us so early in the process.

Ill give updates along the way.

April 29 2011
Pat, it seems you have created a craze on this site as per all the Coconut Oil threads popping up here lately.
Wanted to give an update on my family's experience.

SInce the end of March my wife, two children and I have been taking the supplement recomended by Pat called The Ultimate Monolaurin. I purchased it from Inspirded Nutrition.

Both my oldest son and I noticed an immediate physical healing crises and my wife got a bit depressed from it. We gradually increased the dosage and are now at the full recomended dosage.

My wife has noticed that her skin is softer, she sleeps better, her appetite is noticeably less and she had a case of ringworm that has cleared up woderfully from this.
She also thinks that her shape has changed without losing weight.

I have noticed too that my skin is much softer,
I think my appetite has increased but even though I believe I am eating more lately (and have been eating somewhat badly due to many family gatherings lately) I am not gaining weight as I should and it looks to me like my physique is changing for the better.
My sinus issues have improved somewhat.

My oldest sons tics worsened at first but went back to normal after a few days. Has not helped with tics up to this point. He has way more energy and is more outgoing lately. Usually hes tired and on the verge of depression (although he is almost a teenager).

My youngest son seems to be more focused and more pleasant to be around. Hes definetely sleeping better and he has these small raised bumps on his arms and legs that have improved drastically.

Ive even been giving the dog a small amount of Virgin Coconut Oil on her food daily and her odour has been decreased noticeably.

The fact that this supplement claims to give a boost to the thyroid seems to be true from our experiences. Were also seeing it kill bacterias/viruses (ringworm) and is obviously doing other things as well to us.
Im very excited that they claim to rid the body of yeast and parasites as this would be huge if it turns out to be true.

So far very impressed and will continue taking this product.

May 3 2011
Hi Jay

I'm so glad that it is helping your family in one way or another.

I may have to go back to finishing mine. I just hate swallowing pills.

I will have to try the coconut oil instead.

I wish I had a dog to try it out on.

Thank you for taking the time to update us and to encourage us all.

May 12 2011
Still taking the Monolaurin. Interesting point that may or may not be directly related...
My oldest son with Chronic Tics has used our Ionic Foot Cleanse once every couple of weeks with no noticeable improvements over the past few months. The last few times he has used it his tics improve considerably for approx two days and then start to worsen again. I repeated this experiment three times in past two weeks. Now I am simply giving him a foot cleanse every two days and hes doing pretty good with his tics.
Im wondering if the Monolaurin has lightened his viral load enough for the Ionic Cleanse to be more beneficial. Im not totally sure why its working now, but Im sure as heck glad somethings working.

The rest of our family hasent really noticed any major changes since the last report however both boys went through a cold but they seemed to recover quicker than normal and it wasnt as severe as normal. Again, could be conicidence but I think not. Not sure what I know or what I dont know but things are good, and thats good enough for me!
Cheers

Re:Natural antibiotic and antiviral By: udaya kumar
--

May 12 2011
I am glad something is helping. Children has been suffering for quite some time. I hope this is the silver lining we are looking for. with best wishes.

--

Re:Natural antibiotic and antiviral By: baskaran.ramamurthy

May 13 2011
Dear Shri Udaya,
Can we use Virgin /pure coconut oil .ad if so, how this can be used
Warm Regards
Baskaran

May 13 2011
Thank you for the kind words Udaya. Your help with my son has been so generous!!!

May 14 2011
Jay,

Glad this is working for your son. Please keep us posted on how he is doing. Is this the son that had a cough that was almost none stop about 3-4 years ago? At Abchomeopathy.com I told you to give him slippery elm?

Do you give your son his constitutional remedy also?

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.