Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Propylaminum
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Vitiligo
Started by: earth at October 19 2010

Replies: 155 & Views: 57095    Font    Page 1 of 7  Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next          Reply

Vitiligo By: earth

October 19 2010
Hi Dr. Udayakumar,

I desperately need your advice for my 7 year old daughter's vitiligo. I am not sure if it is a coincidence, but she developed vitiligo one month after her MMR vaccine. This happened one year ago. Since then the spots have been increasing on eyelids, knees and feet and some spots on fingers and body. Makes us very sad to see a beautiful little child with all these white patches. She has also had the swine flu vaccine one year ago. I am wondering if there is a connection.
Right now she is taking hydrocotyle asiatica 30 and thuja 30 twice a day. You think this medicine and dosage is appropriate. Is it possible to reverse this vitiligo with these medicines. Please advise.

Re:Vitiligo By: udaya kumar
--

October 19 2010
Take three doses a day of Thuja 30 for three days followed by three doses of Natrum Mur 30 for three days then start using Arsenic Sulph Flavum at 3X along with hydrocotyl asiatica 30 with best wishes.

--

Re:Vitiligo By: earth

October 20 2010
Dr. Udaya Kumar,
Thank you so much for your quick reply. The medicine that I am giving my daughter right now, a combination of hydrocotyle asiatica 30 and thuja 30 I ordered from India and took about 2 months to reach me. I live in a remote area in Canada and there is no way I can get the medicines that you suggest. It will probably take another 2 months to reach us. Will the medicines that I am giving my daughter now not work? atleast till I can somehow get what you prescribed.
Once again, thank you for your time. Do think vitiligo in a 7 year old can be reversed? Best wishes, Doc.

--

October 20 2010
Yes. Vililigo in 7 year could be reversed. Do not give any food or drinks containing citric acid now including curds. Hydrocotyl is usually used when Arsenic Sulf Flavum(ASF) fails. Since you do not have ASF you may use Hydrocotyl. Each individual responds differently and therefore it is hard to predict the results. One dose of Tuberculinum 200 in the beginning of the treatment is good for faster benefits. Perhaps thuja itself should correct it if it is a result of vaccination ill effects. with best wishes.

--

October 20 2010
Dear Dr. Udaya Kumar,
Thanks so much for your support. I will keep up the hydrocotyl asiatica and thuja regime until the time I can somehow find ASF and Natrum Mur and Tuberculinum. So at the point is it alright to start Tuberculinum? although you say it should be given at the beginning of the treatment.
It is wonderful what you doing in the website helping out people like myself. God bless you.

--

October 20 2010
Tuberculinum can be used as intercurrent remedy i.e. in between one single dose only once in 15 days. Upto three doses only. with regards.

--

October 22 2010
Dear Dr. Udaya Kumar,

Thank you for your prompt reply. About my daughter's vitiligo a friend from another city has found that she could send me natrum mur, but could not get ASF or tuberculinum. Is it ok to take the current medicines (hyd.cotyle +thuja) and natrum mur? Would that work? Or should I stick to the present medcines? Thank you for your advice.

November 10 2010
Dear Dr. Udaya Kumar,

I have been travelling and meanwhile my friend could not send me the natrum or ASF and tuberculinum suggested by you. I have ordered the medicines from India and my guess is it will take a month to reach here.
Like I posted earlier, my daughter is taking hyd.cotyle and thuja at the moment. Is it ok to be on thuja for such a long time. She has been on this combination for one month. Earlier on, she as only on hyd.asiatica for 4 months. Could you please advise if thuja is ok for more than a month?
Thanks and regards.
Earth

--

November 10 2010
No. It is not ok for e month or more. You have to watch the symptoms for such high potency to continue for such long period. Give intervals. If no improvements are seen for longer periods stop the medicine. Monitoring the changes, and the benefits or ill effects if any and continuing or stopping or introducing longer gaps between medicines or changing the medicines according to new symptoms is something which need a doctors supervision or if you are self medicating, one should be careful in following closely the changes. I can only suggest medicines according to the symptoms you are telling me.

If painstaking observation is not possible, one should not attempt to medicate and leave the work to a doctor.

with regards.

--

November 11 2010
Thank you, Dr. Udaya Kumar,

I have been getting these medicines from India prescribed by a homeopath there. He had prescribed hyd. asiatica for 4 months and the current combination of hyd.asiatica and thuja is for the next 4 months. She has been on this for the past month.
I consulted online and got the medicines shipped to me. What are the symptoms that I should watch for? Since vitiligo is such a slow progressing condition that it is difficult to see any changes easily. Some small spots disappear and then new spots appear somewhere else. To be honest, I am at my wits' end. The homeopath is not very responsive to my questions. Keeps assuring it is safe. But from reading your posts, I feel it is not safe to give thuja for so long.
On the basis of your reply, I will give you a whole picture of my daughter's conditions and answer the questinnaire so you can advise me on what to give her.
Thank you and best wishes,
Earth

--

November 11 2010
This is the problem with homeopathic treatment. Your doctor must be a good doctor and he is prescribing correctly. A good classic homeopathic doctor giving you four months medicine does not really mean that she is being given 4 month's medicine. The best treatment in homeopathy is achieved by giving one dose of medicine at higher potency and giving 15 days of placebo. I hope you understand.

--

December 9 2010
Dear Dr. Udaya,

I have been away from the forum for a while now. I am continuing the hydrocotyle asiatica and thuja 30 for my daughter's vitiligo. As I said earlier, few small spots have faded but the big one keep expanding. Anyway, I am waiting till this course is completed in January 2011 to figure out if I want to continue with the aforementioned medicines or not. Just thought would give an update. And also wondered if it would take this long to know if the medicines are actually working? She has been on this combination for close to two months and previous 4 months just hyd. coty. asiatica.

Meanwhile, my daughter is due for her DPT and MMR vaccines now and this is mandatory in the province that we live in. I shudder thinking about what is going to happen with this vaccine. I have always doubted that the earlier dpt and mmr have caused some damage to her and that her vitiligo is a sideeffect of a vaccine. What is your advice? Right now I am so worried that her vitiligo might spread rapidly or some other autoimmune problem might start with these shots. Any input from you will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you and take care.

--

December 9 2010
Arsenic Sulf Flavum is to be used. I cannot comment on the vaccination as it is compulsory. Certainly, you can expect what you are fearing. What is the choice?

--

December 10 2010
Thanks for the reply. When you say Arsenic sulf flavum can be used, would this be a protection from the side effects of the vaccine? Should it be given before the dptp shot is given? How does it work? Like I posted earlier, my daughter is on hyd.cotyle asiatica and thuja 30 right now. Would Arsenic sulf flavum be in addition to that? Could you please advise how much of it should be given and how many days before the shot?
Thank you so much for all your support.
Regards,
Earth

--

December 10 2010
No. I meant Arsenic Sulf Flavum may cure the larger areas. It is of no use giving it before dptp shot. Giving Thuja 30 may perhaps help. Thuja can be given for three days before the shot. with best wishes.

--

December 11 2010
Thank you Dr. Udaya,

Can I give Arsenic Sulf Flavum in addition to hyd.cotyle asiatica and the thuja that she is already on? If so how what is the dosage?

As for taking thuja before the vaccine shot (as protection), since she is already on the combination (hyd.co.asia.+thuja), would I give a separate dose of thuja before vaccine and how much?
I am sorry I have so many questions. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Earth

--

December 11 2010
Yes you can give Arsenic Sulph Flavum in combination with Hydrocotyl and thuja. Thuja need not be given separately before the vaccines. Its continuation until the vaccine day itself be a good antidote to ill effects of vaccine. Arsenic Sluph flavum may be given in 3X potency, if improvement is not seen after prolonged use, use 30C or 200C. Use Psoralea 3X as external application as an oil. Use 5 to 10 drops in a cup of water. regards.

--

Re:Vitiligo By: Terra

December 13 2010
Thank you Dr. Udaya,

How many times in a day should Arsenic Sulph flavum be given? And for how long? Is Psoralea 3X available as oil? My understanding is that I should mix 5 to 10 drops of the oil in water and apply it on the depigmented spots only. Am I correct?

Thank you and regards.

Earth

--

December 13 2010
Arsenic Sulph flave 3X three times a day as long as required. It may be like 15 days before a visible change is seen. It is available in oily form when dropped in water. Apply it externally. Use less water like an ounce or little more would be sufficient.

--

December 14 2010
Thank you Dr. Udaya,

I am a little confused. Is Arsenic sulph flav available in oily form or the Psoralea?

I think you mean my daughter should take Arsenic sulph flav 3X three times a day and besides apply Psoralea 3X topically which is available in oily form. Please correct me if I got it wrong.

I am not able to find Psoralea 3X in the place that I live in in Canada. How do I get it?

Regards,
Earth

--

December 14 2010
The oily form is Psoralea. Arsenic Sulph flavum at 3X will be usually in pills forms(like tablets).

"I think you mean my daughter should take Arsenic sulph flav 3X three times a day and besides apply Psoralea 3X topically which is available in oily form. Please correct me if I got it wrong" is correctly understood.

Read the following link to familiarise with the medicine:
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-psoralea-corylifolia.htm

http://www.herbs2000.com/herbs/herbs_psoralea.htm

http://www.vitiligoguide.com/vitiligo-home-remedies/

Also see to it that the area is not exposed to sunlight when using this medicine. If there is any contra indications stop application.

I do not know where you can get the medicine in Canada,

Regards.

--

December 22 2010
Thank you Dr. Udaya,

I have ordered the medicine Arsenic Sulph flavum 3X and it is on back order. Still waiting. Psoralea oil is not available here. Just an update. Meanwhile, my daughter is still on Hydrocotyle Asiatica and Thuja 30 prescribed by her homeopath in India. A couple of very small vitiligo patches have faded, like I posted earlier. She is also on UVB light treatment twice a week. A couple of other spots on her eyelids have light brown freckles on them. At this point, it could be the effect of light. Anyway, I am hoping something will work for her.

My daughter has a very bad cold right now. No fever. Since she is young (7 years old) and is in constant contact with little kids some of whom have bad colds and cough, she may be headed towards a flu. Flu season is in full swing in Canada. What medicines can I give her?
And also is it possible to explain how exactly thuja, hydrocotyle asiatica and arsenic sulph. flavum would work on the skin condition vitiligo. I ask you this as a layperson who does not have much knowledge of homeopathy. Thank you once again for making the effort to help others. Best Wishes for a happy Holiday!

earth

--

December 22 2010
It is a long term strategy. Vitiligo has much immune deficiency. You need patience and perseverance.You may continue with Hydrocotyl and Thuja. You may also use Natrum Mur 30 to increase the power of the adrinals and Sepia30 as yet another great skin healer, in the absence of ASF.

For Flue and cold the following should be the strategy:

1. Aconitum Nap 30 upto three doses for one day only for common colds with fever sudden onset and due to exposure to cold winds or cold when body is warm. Fear of death and prediction of time of death is lead symptom. The patient will say viz " yeah the cold is so bad, it is so bad, it will kill me tomorrow yaar" that kind of casual talk predicting time of death because of the uneasiness he feels with the cold, cough, fever etc

2. If there is redness, heat, fever, partial fever, with moaning with each breathing, and calling mom and dad mmmm...mom,.....mmmmmm.....mom use Belladonna 30.

3. With high intermittent fever and with dry cough use Bryonia 30. Also in pneumonia, chest infection, meningitis, typhoid, pain going up the side of the neck is the lead symptom in major cases like typhoid.

4. Influenza of any kind :
==========================
1. Rhus Tox 200 single or upto three doses.
2. Gelsemium 30 three times a day until required. High fever, Chill going up and down the back

3. Bryonia 30 if chest is infected with dry cough pain in chest, tendency to pneumonia, feeling as if smoke in lungs.etc. Use Bryonia with Antim Tart 30

4. Arsenic Album 30. three times a day upto three days. Nausea, Vomiting, lose motion, restlessness, chill, high fever, headache, indigestion, appetite loss, not able to sleep. Restless is the lead symptoms. Wheezing, chest infected. Asthmatic breathing use 200C and follow it by 30C three times a day.

5. Eupatorium Perfoliatum 30/200. Body pain like that in Dengue fever, chicken guinea.
================
5. Ipec 6C/30/200. High fever and nausea with vomiting and nose bleeding not controlled by Arsenic like Malaria.

6. Fever and cold etc. with worm symptoms. -Cina 30.

7. Nux Vomica for all kinds of colds and coughs it can be tried if no other medicine is available.

8. Hepar Sulph 30 - If throat infection is the cause for fever, ,tonsilitis, cough,. nose stuffiness etc.

9. Causticum 30 If infection takes a stage where sputum cannot be brought out -here Antim Tart 30 can also be used. No need for using more than three doses.

10. Pulsatilla 30 Long standing cold with green or yellow mucus.

11. Breathing through Mouth, - Aurum Triphilatum 30 (see other symptoms)

12. With polyps and sinus, stringy mucus - Kali Bich 30. (see other symptoms)
13. Phosphorus 30 single dose for voice loss follow by belladonna in Laryngitis.
14. .Medorrhinum 1M single dose, Tuberculinm 1M single dose Bascillinum 200, single dose can be used one medicine at a time to remove the susciptibility to catching respiratory ailments. (other symptoms should be checked in these medicines and use it in supervision of doctor).

15 Calcarea Carb can be used for the obese plump anaemic type of children who is susceptible to catching cold constitutionally.

16, Thuja, Natrum Mur, Allium Cepa,Nux Vomica, Arsenic Album, can cure almost all ailments of the respiratory system normally termed as allergy.
With best wishes..

--

December 31 2010
Thank you Dr. Udaya for your advice for the cold and flu medicines.

About my daughter's vitiligo, I have her current medicines (hyd.asiatica and thuja) for until February. I am going to give it till then and if there is no change with her skin condition, I am hoping that you will somehow be able to help my daughter.

I have been following your post advising the mother of a 11 year old autistic child and I see the tremendous improvement in the child. Similarly I have faith that you will be able to help us be rid of the this psychologically debilitating skin condition.

Thank you and have a wonderful New Year.
Earth

--

January 1 2011
Dear Earth,
I see that you have not yet started with Arsenic Sulph flavum. It should be used before we try any other medicines for the ailment. Wishing you all good things that the new year can bring.

--

Page 1 of 7
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.