Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Oak - [bach Flower Remedy]
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

left thigh pain while sitting
Started by: neeraj_vij at December 16 2009

Replies: 33 & Views: 8831    Font    Page 1 of 2  Goto page 1, 2  Next          Reply

left thigh pain while sitting By: neeraj_vij
India

December 16 2009
I am feeling a lot of pain while sitting on the chair in the left thigh.Its on the outer side of the thigh. pain remains till I am sitting. I tried moving my legs while sitting. but its not helping. pain is not there while I am walking. But if I keep wallet/mobile in my trousers left pocket, pain starts again in the left thigh.

kindly suggest.

thanks,
neeraj

Re:left thigh pain while sitting By: udaya kumar
--

December 16 2009
Use single dose of Causticum 30 and report. The wallet mobile in trousers must be making your waist band of the trousers a bit more tighter and I think you must already be wearing a tight trousers at the waist. If so, it must be adding pressure on the sciatic nerve which is giving you pain in the legs. With best wishes.

--

Re:left thigh pain while sitting By: user123

December 16 2009
Please take three doses of Rhus Tox 200c at a gap of 4 hours for one day (not daily, only one day) and report back after 15 days.

Re:left thigh pain while sitting By: user123

December 16 2009
Please follow Udaya Kumar. We posted at the same time.

--

December 16 2009
It is always Rhus Tox 200 followed by causticum for this problem. But, since the symptoms are so specific I suggested only Causticum. There is no harm in giving in dose of Rhus Tox 200 which will only relax the back muscles at L4-L5 and give sufficient space for the sciatic nerve to move so that it does not get pinched. with bestwishes.

--

Re:left thigh pain while sitting By: neeraj_vij
India

December 21 2009
dear udaya,

causticum helped immensly. now pain has shifted upwards towards my ribs on left side.

severe pain in left side ribs(extending to half of the back also) while turning sideways{sitting/sleeping/standing}.
no pain while sitting straight or while walking.pain increases if I press few points with thumb in the left side of the ribs
I am not sure if its gastric or what.

kindly suggest

regards
neeraj

--

December 21 2009
Use one single dose of Rhus Tox 200. If Rhus Tox fails which is unlikely use three doses of Uric Acid 30 for one day.
with best wishes.

--

India

December 21 2009
thanks udaya. I will try and let you know. whats the reason behind Uric Acid 30

thanks
neeraj

--

December 21 2009
Pain under the ribs on the back left side.

--

India

December 21 2009
thanks a ton. if possible pls. inform where I can read about the medicine uric acid. it's not there in MM on the website.

what could be the reason ? sorry for bothering

many regards

--

December 21 2009
Is rarely used medicine. Not well proved But can be of value if correctly used in alments like gout, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, parkinson's, Lipoma, etc. A small description you can find under Urea. You will not find the description I gave anywhere in any books as it is my own finding and experience. with best regards.

--

India

December 24 2009
dear udaya,

pain has decreased alot with one dose of RT 200. but its not completely over. I had to take painkiller yesterday night. my lower back left side is also stiff and painful. I am finding it hard to do yoga again as it used to happen last year. I feel it's the same pain of AS.

kindly guide.

many thanks
neeraj

--

December 24 2009
Use Causticum 30 and Gnaphalium Q. For pain in the ribs you have not taken uric acid 30 single dose. The pain would have subsided within 10 minutes. I think it is winter there and there is stenosis which is aggravating the situation. Buy medicated patches (plaster type white sheets are available in the market in medical shops)(capsicum patches) put some yucaliptus on the patches and stick them on the areas where it is stiff. It will have burning sensation and overnight the pains and stiffness could vanish. with best wishes.

--

India

January 5 2010
after a lot of effort i was able to purchase uric acid 30. it reduced my pain a little on the day but increased again next day.

currently the pain is on both side (left and right) of the back. again it increases while turning in the bed. pain started yesterday on the left side.i was shouting with pain yesterday while turning in the bed. there was no pain while sleeping on the pain full side{left side yesterday}.

kindly guide. i am feeling a lot of pain. again getting dependent on pain killers.

thanks
neeraj

--

January 5 2010
Use single dose of Thuja 30 and repeat the medicine. or use one single dose of Oxalic Acid 30. Other medicines useful are Rhus Tox, Bryonia, Lycopodium, Carbo veg & Hydrastis. The possibilities are gastric, spasmodic/ muscular(Psoas Muscle), or gastric ulcers in the area. Can be corrected by an osteopath if muscular, in that case you must be walking with limp?? and the muscle is pulling the spine and rib down due to contracture and stiffness. In that case thinking of the ailment aggravates because the muscles become rigid and stressed as you focus your thoughts there.

--

India

January 8 2010
I also feel spasmodic/ muscular/ bone related pain.now it has started effecting other parts of the body. my right hip joint is also giving pain and it's extending to right knee also.

My left elbow is also in pain. I am getting very stiffed up while getting in the morning. i can turn sideways in the morning. Its very stiff waist.

i thought it was eating cold yoghurt/curd in lunch and drinking tea after 30-40 mins of lunch could be causing the pain. maybe something wrong with cold curd.I stopped my curd in lunch and it reduced my pain a little. but again it increased.

i am in terrible pain. almost all my big joints are stiff and in pain. I cant move them without feeling pain.

I guess again winter is causing AS pain and inflammation in bones.

pls. suggest.

i have less access to internet. I might be late in checking the forum.

thanks

India

January 10 2012
dear udaya,

surprisingly I have similar pain in left thigh{front and outer side occasionaly} while sitting again and this started again in december Sad this is the toughest month of year for me..

i have tried causticum 30 and colocynth 30.. pain has reduced a little but pain is still causing a lot of discomfort. I am doing stretching exercises for legs. its not helping also.. not sure if exercise is aggravating it or not.. pain i

I am still unable to understand why it happens exactly in the month of December and extend into january..

other major symptoms currently - long hard dry stool, heavy abdomen after eating, stress due health problem of family member.

can sciatica cause pain in front of thighs. I heard in sciatica usually the pain is on the back side of the thighs.

thanks
neeraj

--

January 10 2012
Dear Vij,
The pattern of pain and distress is determined by where the disks are herniated and where the extrusions takes places, where the sciatic nerve is pinched, and the like. Sciatic pain can run down upto knee, below the knee on to the exterior sides of the calf muscles, upto the ankles, upto the left toe, upto the right toe, upto the left little finger, upto the left and right little finger, upto toes of both legs, upto little fingers of both legs and the like. Herniated disk would cause low back pain while it can also be felt in the buttocks because of the muscle spasm in ther region. The pain can also be felt in the front side of the thighs.

The pain can be accompanied by burning, pins and needles, parethesias, like a ball expanding and going to burst like sensation, numbness or snapping into paralysis. The lumbar spine and the Sacral spines are usually affected parts. If Lumbar Spine is affected it is usually followed by back pain or Lumbago(Rhus Tox, causticum, gnaphalium) L4, L5, S1 are the usually affected. It is true that sciatic pain normally originates in the low back, run down behind the buttock and legs, and then travel to the side of the leg and reach around the ankle into the foot and toes.

A herniated lumbar disk at either the L4/L5 or L5/S1 level, and when L4/L5 disk ruptures, the disk extrusion pinches L5 nerve at L5/S1 level than the L4 or L4-L5 level. The resultant sciatic pain runs down the leg into the big toe. Similarly, L5-S1 disk herniation or prolapse pinches the S1 nerve and the resultant sciatic pain runs down to the little finger(little toe).

A pinch of the L4 nerve is bit rare. It can be caused either by a rare L3-L4 disk herniation, or by an L4-L5 disk herniation which point out laterally into the nerve canal. When the L4 nerve is pinched, the pain runs down the leg and may reach the ankle. And may be prominent in the knee and on the anterior thigh, because the L4 nerve doesn’t run into the leg entirely with the sciatic nerve; instead, part of it runs along the front surface of the thigh with the femoral nerve and this could be the case in you.(Hypericum 30, Rhus Tox, Causticum, Ruta G, Calcarea Phos, phosphorus)

When both the big toe and the little toe are having sciatica pain? It could be that both your L4-L5 and your L5-S1 disk herniated at the same time; However, both disk prolapse at the same time is rare. A place where entire sciatic nerve is pinched is in pelvis. Spasm or increased muscle tone in the piriformis affects the buttock and the leg, and reaches down to the level of the ankle causing sciatic pain. Piriformis sciatica is worse sitting but relieved by standing or walking, (Movement relieves or ameliorates means Rhus Tox) whereas the sciatica from lumbar disk herniation can often be relieved by sitting in certain positions (Movement or Motion aggravates means Bryonia)

Entrapments of the tibial nerve at the ankle or tarsel tunnel entrapment of the peroneal nerve near the knee at the head of the fibula bone can also cause similar pains like sciatica, numbness and weakness in the foot.

Since it is happening in the month of December which in Delhi is severe winter onset, it is to be treated with Rhus Tox.
with best wishes.

--

India

January 11 2012
thanks udaya.. I check ur post in the evening...i went to physiotherapist today morning for consultation. he told its more related to my sac lac joint{around waist and hip} than sciatica which i was suspecting..
it was my as pain..

can I start with RT 200 ?

thnx

--

January 11 2012
Rhus tox should help. There could be a muscle balance problem too.

--

India

January 12 2012
thanks udaya...kindly elaborate "muscle balance problem too."

and also suggest some yoga etc for preventing detoriating of sac lac joints

thanks

--

January 13 2012
Are you walking straight or slanting to one side? If so no muscle problem, if not the spasm and rigidity of muscles do contribute to the malady.

--

India

January 18 2012
dear udaya,

causticum 30 did not help much..

I am walking a little slanted/limping towards right side due to pain in the left leg.. pain is moving in different parts of the left thigh after sitting. sometimes it goes to front side, top outer side, top inner side.. I am not sure if I am sitting in incorrect posture ..

can gastric problems also create this kind of pain ?

common thing is that pain starts from the top of the thigh {joint area of waist and thigh}and goes down either till middle part or till the knee...

kindly advice

--

January 18 2012
Please read the following link:
http://www.homoeopathyclinic.com/articles/diseases/pivd.pdf

Gastric problems can create pain. I have been always maintaining that all pains in the body are result of obstruction in subtle air or element Air. The reason for obstruction could vary and accordingly the nature of pain would vary. When you insert a needle into the flesh for injection, the subtle air from one part of the needle is blocked from reaching the other part and the brain gives the signal of stitching pain which is experienced. In the case of a nerve when compressed the Air that is travelling through the sheaths of the nerves and other vital carrier activities conducted by the air are disrupted and a pain usually of drawing nature is signalled to the brain and experienced so. Similarly are all other pains. There are 10 vital airs and the pain experienced by you are mostly the handiwork of Apana Vayu and Vyana Vayu.

The five vital airs Prana Vayu - Prana, Apana, Udana, Vyana and Samana.

The five Upa-Prana Vayus - Naga, Kurma, Devadatta, Krikala and Dhananjaya.

Prana Vaayu of five kinds:

(i) Prana Cosmic Prana, which supplies the human body with Jeeva the Life, we may call that oxygen. Its movement is downwards. The energy flows from the nostrils to the level of the heart.

(ii) Apana influences the lower part of the body from the navel to the soles of the feet. The seat of Apana is in the large intestine. This Prana regulates the excretion process.

(iii) Vyana flows through the nerve channels of the human body. Whole body and particularly the nerves and neurotransmission are regulated by this Vayu. Poor circulation, impaired nerve stimulation, nervous breakdowns, originate from a deficiency in Vyana Prana. Arnica, Bryonia, Hypericum, Kali Phos, Lathyrus, helps here.

(iv) Udana is the ascending energy that flows from the heart to the head and brain. Udana Prana accompanies the awakening of the Kundalini Shakti.Udana has its root Ud in Hindi and Sanskrit meaning to go upwards. The Endorphin task, spiritual emancipation and consorting death are its functions.

(v) Samana is a very important Prana that connects two main Chakras - Anahata and Manipura Chakras.It is a balancing air as the name indicates and its imbalance would displace the navels.
Samana Prana distributes the energy of nutrition throughout the human body.

2) The Five Upa-Pranas:

(i) Naga - Burping and similar activites incited by phrenic nerves. Removes blockages of Prana and Apana and prevents gas formation in the digestive system.

(ii) Kurma - Blinking of the eyes. It is door shutter function like that we see in an vacuum/air operated doors in buses.
This Upa-Prana functions in the area of the eyes, controlling opening and closing of the eyelids.This is active only when we are awake and is recharged on sleep. Air is closer to ingredients the air ingredients we would find in Causticum and Gelsemium.

(iii) Devadatta - Yawning The function of Devadatta is similar to that of Samana Vayu. Yawning expels gas(means Samana is somewhat resembling Carbon dioxide in modern chemistry), reducing tiredness after eating.

(iv) Krikala - Sneezing Clears blockages in the respiratory system. Sneezing can also ease headache as it releases energy blockages in the head and neck. Here it would be evident that air blockage is causing headache and in particular Krikala or Krkala

(v) Dhananjaya - Opening and Closing of Heart Valves Dhananjaya resides close to the Heart. It influences the whole body and in particular the muscles of the heart by opening and closing the heart valves. It also moves around within the bones. This is perhaps the last air which goes out of the body when a person dies.
With best wishes.

--

India

January 19 2012
Thanks udaya for such detaied description.
I am glad that there is someone who believes that gastric problems can cause pains in various parts of the body. I have personally noted that when I am bloated/falutence etc there is definitely some pain in some of th body parts..

I went to physiotherapist today for consulting about the pain source if it was bone related or muscular..

As per the doctor, its severe muscle spasm of quadrcepts muscles,

he touched some of the parts of my leg and showed the stiffness/tightness of muscle. pain was exactly on the same parts where he touched..

Kindly guide.

many regards

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.