Locations of visitors to this page

Guava - Myrtaceae Psidium, the super fruit
Started by: garcot at September 1 2009

Replies: 1 & Views: 16722    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

Guava - Myrtaceae Psidium, the super fruit By: garcot
Bangalore

September 1 2009

Click picture for many more pictures

Myrtaceae Psidium, known as guava, is a therapeutic super fruit.
It is not a herb but the leaves, fruit or bark can be used for healing.
Guava belongs to the Myrtaceae or Myrtle family and is related to clove, allspicey and eucalyptus, among others.
Some of its properties are calcium, iron, ash, protein, carbohydrates, potassium, magnesium, Vitamin A, a very high concentration of Vitamin C, omega-3 and omega-6, polyunsaturated fatty acids and dietary fibre.
Guava can be used for poor circulation, cataracts, vertigo, to help kidneys eliminate waste, to support the heart, reduce the risk of cancer, obesity, lower cholesterol, asthma, to heal wounds, diabetes, constipation, arthritis, expels placenta, prolonged menstruation, to fight free radicals, protects the prostrate and to control hypertension and cholesterol.
It is also an antiseptic, cough suppressant, an astringent, aids with sore throats, conjunctivitis, bacterial infections, blood cleansing, gastroenteritis, respiratory problems, shock, ulcers, toothache, vaginal discharge, yeast and other imbalances.
Guava contains more than 30 chemicals and each chemical can have a healing effect on the body.
The guava leaf contains Quercetin which is thought to contribute to its anti-diarrhoea effect.
In addition, the lectin chemicals in guava were shown to bind to E-coli, thus preventing its adhesion to the intestinal wall and thus preventing infection which can cause diarrhoea.

Guavas can also be mixed with tamarinds for a refreshing healing beverage. Use them and experience their awesome healing power.

"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

Re:Guava - Myrtaceae Psidium, the super fruit By: lal_anar

September 1 2009
i use guava ( amrood ) for constipation. Luckily, since last few years Florida is growing amrood and now we can find them on many indian / pakistani stores. Recently, I heard that Florida is trying to grow Jamun. I have not seen it yet on indian / pakistani stores. Love to have Jamun. another fruit i miss is Falsa. I dont know the botanical name of it, but falsa, jamun, amrood helps in many condtions including diabetes, thyroid, blood pressure.

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.