Locations of visitors to this page

Dr.Udaya Low TSH and Normal FT3 , FT4
Started by: Kavya22 at July 29 2009

Replies: 21 & Views: 8887    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

Dr.Udaya Low TSH and Normal FT3 , FT4 By: Kavya22

July 29 2009
Dear Dr.Udaya,

This is regarding one of my cousins.
She is 15 year old, and have Menstrual problems like very Heavy Flow.
Her first period was one year back. She is a bit obese. She got her Thyroid Lab tests as follows:

TSH 0.064 ( Normal is 0.7 to 6.4)
FT3 6.2 (Normal is 3.1 to 6.Cool
FT4 25.95 (Normal is 12.0 to 22.0)

Doctor says, if FT3 and FT4 are Normal, then no need to worry..?
My question is very Low TSH, and normal FT3 and FT4... Is it OK? Or does she need any Thyroid Treatment..

Regards
Kavya

Re:Dr.Udaya Low TSH and Normal FT3 , FT4 By: udaya kumar
--

July 29 2009
Dear Kavya,
In the case of your cousin, the readings indicate that the child is hyperthyroidic whereas the symptoms like "bit obese" combined with menstrual disorders of heavy flow, which will naturally be longer lasting is sign of hypothyroidism.

In these kind of disorders, which is very commonly found in many, it is "central hypothyroidism.", where the patient has a thyroid hormone deficiency because her TSH is low. The source of the problem is in pituitary gland or hypothalmus.Here a suppression or malfunction of these organs are more evident than a incorrect signalling between thyroid and pituitary. Normally when Thyroid do not require the secretions TSH from Pituitary, it signals so to the pituitary which holds it back and a balance in supply and use is maintained. This may be in order but there could be other mal functioning in the pituitary gland or hypothalmus, the cause for which is normally inadquate or imbalanced assimilation of calcium and perhaps salt for which natrum mur should be remedy but being chronic it must be sepia. It may need a slight correction and everything will fall in place.

Her female symptoms will be as under:
Before menses, headache, colic, chilliness and leucorrhœa. Cutting pains in uterus during menstruation. Menses too early, too profuse, too long, with vertigo, toothache and cold, damp feet; the least excitement causes their return. Uterus easily displaced. Leucorrhœa, milky (Sepia). Burning and itching of parts before and after menstruation; in little girls. Increased sexual desire; easy conception. Hot swelling breasts. Breasts tender and swollen before menses. Much sweat about external genitals. Sterility with copious menses. Uterine polypi.

She may have some of the above or all of the above symptoms. Please confirm the symptoms she has. In that case she will have also sweating in the head.

Whether she has all the symptoms above or not, you may put her to Calcaria Carb 200 three doses a day for one day and then give it one dose every alternate days. After one week, put her on Sepia 200 once a day. Continue with Calcaria Carb 200 until she is normal is weight. With best wishes.

--

Re:Dr.Udaya Low TSH and Normal FT3 , FT4 By: Jayashree
Calcutta, India

July 29 2009
Dear Udaya,
my husband age - 55 has a slightly higher reading of TSH 5.6 though T3 & T4 are normal.. He has gained weight on his stomach and is also now 76Kgs compared to 65 a few months back..
Please advise..

Jayashree Kanoi

--

July 29 2009
Calcaria Carb 200C is the medicine very specific to gained weight in stomach with hypothyroidism. Iodium in low potencies., Fucus Vesciculosis, Thyroidinum 1M single dose and Natrum Mur 1M single dose are the medicines which he may be needed. He may be suffering from pressure going low, use Kali Phos 6X. with best wishes.

--

Re:Dr.Udaya Low TSH and Normal FT3 , FT4 By: Kavya22

July 30 2009
Dear Dr.Udaya,

Yes, you are right on Spot. Most of the symptons you mentioned are matching with her case:

Before menses, headache, colic, chilliness and leucorrhoea. Cutting pains in uterus during menstruation. Menses too early, too profuse, too long, with vertigo, toothache and cold, damp feet; the least excitement causes their return. Uterus easily displaced. Burning and itching of parts before and after menstruation; in little girls. Breasts tender and swollen before menses. Much sweat about external genitals.

So, I tell her to take Calcaria Carb 200c and Sepia 200c as mentioned. Just clarify:
Sepia ONLY One Dose ONCE ?
OR
One dose Every week?

She is 5 ft and weighs 56kgs. She is heavier around abdomen region. Very recently(Last week), she has started Natphos 6x for weight reduction. Does she need to discontinue NatPhos while taking CalcariaCarb?

As you said :
"Continue with Calcaria Carb 200 until she is normal is weight"
-Normally, how long this would take?
Just asking, so that I can estimate the quantity I need to buy for her.

Thanks for all the time and help.
I'am very Glad I have found this forum.

Best Regards
Kavya

--

July 30 2009
Give her Calcaria Carb 200 one dose a day for three days continuously. Thereafter give her Calcaria Carb 200 on alternate days. On the 7th day she would have completed five doses of Calcaria Carb. On that day on wards three days use one dose of Sepia 200. on the fourth day onwards stop sepia and continue with Calcaria Carb 200. on the seventh day use one dose of Sepia.200. Sepia will thus be weekly doses and Calcaria Carb on alternate days. Do this for fifteen days and let me know. Report after third day and after 8th day. with best wishes.

--

July 30 2009
Dear Dr Udaya,

Thank You for your Prompt Reply.
I will report you after 3rd and 8th day.

What about NatPhos6x?
Continue it or stop it?

Regards
Kavya

--

July 30 2009
All biochemics can go well with main medicines, natrum phos 6X is a bio chemic. it can go well with Calcaria Carb. But start it again after the third day of Calcaria Carb, so that no medicine disturbs it and we get a clear picture of what is happening. with best wishes.

--

Re:Dr.Udaya Low TSH and Normal FT3 , FT4 By: Jayashree
Calcutta, India

July 30 2009
Thanks Udaya my husband is prone to low pressure. Feels very sleepy most of the time..also has acidity..will also start Calc Carb 200. Will report later. But just found out tat his TSH is in normal range..

Jayashree Kanoi

--

July 30 2009
To my mind, these readings have no bearing as it can change with the stress, amount of water intake, amount of salt intake, the time of the day, before food, after food, the temperature of the body, the climate outside, the medicines one is taking, the kind of food intake, and many many factors change these readings. But the externals symptoms which the body is emitting is the finest indicators like water retention i.e. to become fact without actually taking much food, the low pressures, the metalic taste in the mouth, the drowsiness in the day time, the obesity, the thinness in hyperthyroidism, the sudden loss of flesh in hyperthyroidism, the sudden loss of flesh even after eating, the tantrum in hyperthyroidism, the exophthalmic signs in hyperthyroidism, the protruding eyes, the goitre, the thyroid nodules, the signs of septic conditions in the body, subsequent effects on the adrinals, the anxiety, the panic attacks, the ovary and uterus symptoms concommittent in women, the autoimmunue signs in the body the tell tales on the skin and many many.

He may take Abana (himalaya) product for the low pressure. I have found it very effective in many for stablising pressure, with best wishes.

--

August 10 2009
Dear Dr Udaya,

My Cousin has taken CalcCarb 200c Yesterday afternoon.
Today morning she complained of a little burning/pain in throat/neck area.

Is it normal? or she need to stop that?
Shall I ask her to continue today ?
Waiting for your reply...
she will be taking her next dose after your confirmation...

Thanks for all the time and help.

Regards
Kavya

--

August 10 2009
Calcaria do not have such symptoms nor create any of that sort. It must be due to some other reasons and should be separately investigated. She can continue the medicine or stop it until the separate ailment subside and or looked into. In case, the burning repeats after future doses of Calcaria please let me know. It would perhaps then mean that she is taking something containing sulphur and should be looked into that item of food and stopped. with best wishes.

--

August 10 2009
Dear Dr. Udaya,

As I was googling around to check for Suphur-Rich Foods, found out that "Asafoetida" has high sulphur compounds.
In our house we use it extensively for cooking, so for time being, We will stop using it, and check if the condition improves...
OR
May be Bangalore weather has changed since yesterday, its quite cold and gloomy, and my cousin may be in initial stage of getting Cold..

Meanwhile, I guess, she can continue with CalcCarb..

Best Regards
Kavya

--

August 10 2009
You may take Calcaria Carb before food. Taking it after food may mean sulphur following Calcaria Carb. It may also be some throat infection or flue like symptoms on way. Look for that. You can continue or stop Calcaria Carb according to your choice.

--

August 21 2009
Dear Dr. Udaya,

My cousin had viral attack and so that Throat Pain, She was suffering from Cold and Cough. I had temporarily stopped CalcCarb. Now she has recovered, and she will start it tomorrow. I will report after 3 days

Kavya

--

August 21 2009
ok

--

Re:Dr.Udaya Low TSH and Normal FT3 , FT4 By: divyas
NJ

October 26 2010
Hi Doctor,

I have had hypothyroid since the past 6 months or so and i have been taking thyroid medicine and i have gained a lot of weight since then and i read in this forum that we there is a medicine to reduce stomach weight, can you please let me know where i can find this medication as i am in NJ.

--

October 26 2010
If you are talking about Calcarea Carb 30 or 200 it should be available in any homeopathic shops in New Jersey. with best wishes.

--

NJ

October 26 2010
thank u for the information. I just got my blood test results for my TSH and it shows 0.064 and i have always got numbers like 18 or 32 how do i determine what is my TSH level. Please do let me know. thank you doctor.

--

October 26 2010
The TSH level is normal given in the results. 0.064 if it is TSH then you are suffering from Hyperthyroidism with symptoms of Hypothyroidism and would perhaps amount to Hashimottos disease. At 18 to 32 you were actually hypothyroid. You may have to check other counts in order to arrive at the right conclusion:
i.e.

TSH T4 T3 INTERPRETATION
High Normal Normal Mild (subclinical) hypothyroidism
High Low Low or normal Hypothyroidism
Low Normal Normal Mild (subclinical) hyperthyroidism
Low High or normal High or normal
Hyperthyroidism
Low Low or normal Low or normal
Nonthyroidal illness; rare pituitary (secondary) hypothyroidism

--

NJ

October 26 2010
I am really confused doctor, my doctor said that i have hypothyroid and prescribed me the medication like 2 month ago
Here are the test results that i just got today:
FT4 -- 2.17
FT3 -- 4.6
TSH -- 0.064

please suggest what i need to do or any medication i have to start taking...thank you.

--

October 27 2010
Please check with the doctor. I am not a doctor nor I believe in what the machines tells us. It is never true when it comes to thyroid. Tell me about your complete symptom picture > Are you short tempered? Have you got any protuberances on the throat external. Is your eyes pushing out with pressure? Please give the complete symptom picture from head to foot including mind symptoms,menstrual cycles, sleep patterns, likes dislikes,constipation, dysmenorrhea if any, ovary/uterus problems if any, constipation, urine/bladder problems, eyes, nose, ears, face, tongue, throat, everything. with best wishes.

--

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.