Cell/Biochemic Salts
Bach Flower Remedies
Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Lac Vaccinum Defloratum
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Banaba Leaf Extract can reduce Blood Sugar level.
Started by: Joe De Livera at July 21 2009

Replies: 10 & Views: 15800    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

Banaba Leaf Extract can reduce Blood Sugar level. By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

July 21 2009
http://www.naturalnews.com/026653_blood_sugar_blood_sugar.html

I am copying below information from Natural News on this recent discovery. You are also advised to read the 3 links below this article for further information.

(NaturalNews) Diabetes and insulin resistance have swept the nation - and with them, a growing list of pharmaceutical drugs that cause as many problems as they solve, if not more. Many diabetes drugs now carry warning labels about their dangerous side effects, which can include an increased risk of heart failure. There's no question as to why so many people are searching for natural alternatives, like banaba leaf extract, that can help them manage blood sugar.

The herbal extract known as banaba leaf can be a powerful weapon in the fight against high blood sugar. Banaba leaf comes from a tree with thick, waxy leaves and striking purple flowers, typically found in Southeast Asia. Banaba leaf was a popular remedy for blood sugar, kidney and liver health in traditional cultures there, particularly in the Philippines and in India. It was often brewed as a tea, but today can easily be found in supplement form in Western society.

Today, banaba leaf has caught the eye of medical experts who are interested in finding a natural way to bring blood sugar levels back to normal in patients who suffer from chronically high blood sugar. Scientists have put this traditional remedy to the test in numerous clinical studies. Research has shown banaba leaf is effective for lowering blood glucose in people with regularly high blood sugar. It may also aid weight loss if high blood sugar has led to obesity.

Experts say the reason banaba leaf can have a positive effect on blood sugar levels is because it contains a natural concentration of corosolic acid, which mimics the function of insulin by aiding the metabolism of glucose. Corosolic acid can work like insulin to reduce blood sugar levels by transporting glucose into cells and out of the bloodstream. This can be beneficial to anyone who has trouble with high blood sugar, and especially to those with insulin resistance or diabetes.

The easiest way for most people to take banaba leaf extract is in supplement form. It is generally administered in small daily doses of 8-48 mg, with a 1-2 percent concentration of corosolic acid. Studies have shown this dose can produce a positive effect on blood sugar levels. Taking an excessive dose of banaba leaf may actually lower blood sugar to the point of hypoglycemia. While this should most certainly be avoided, it speaks for the power of this amazing herb.

For More Information:

http://www.totalhealthbreakthroughs...

http://www.micronutra.com/journal/w...

http://diabetes-treatment.suite101....

Re:Banaba Leaf Extract can reduce Blood Sugar level. By: udaya kumar
--

July 21 2009
the three sites you have linked for information is not opening. We have already got Plantago Major in homeopathic potencies from Plantains. Which banana leaves they be talking about. We have atleast 20 verieties of banana starting from Robusta. rgds.
Quote:

--

Re: Banaba Leaf Extract can reduce Blood Sugar level. By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

July 21 2009
Please accept my apologies as I had only copied the links that appeared on the Natural News article. I have checked it again and discovered that the links were not complete when I copied them. However if you had visited the original Natural News site you could have opened them up from the list below the article.

This is the first announcement of Banana Leaf Juice helping to lower Blood Sugar levels and if it proves to be positive it can be used with my own discovery of Arnica 6c in the Wet dose which is now being used by many Diabetics throughout the world.

Here are the links again. I checked them and found them OK

http://www.totalhealthbreakthroughs.com/2008/09/six-ingredients-from-natures-pharmacy-for-healthy-blood-sugar/

http://www.micronutra.com/journal/weight-loss/banaba-leaf-natural-weight-loss-stop-insulin-resistance

http://diabetes-treatment.suite101.com/article.cfm/herbal_remedy

Sri Lanka

July 21 2009
I am copying below the first announcement of Cinnamon which was made by the New Scientist on September 11 2005 which is being also used for reducing Blood Sugar levels which may be of interest to Diabetics.

"CINNAMON TO LOWER BLOOD SUGAR & CHOLESTROL & TRIGLYCERIDES :

Subject: Cinnamon Zaps Blood Sugar

One of America's most trusted sources of nutritional information Nutritional Information, Advice and Premium Supplements You Can Trust, Based on the Latest Research.
-----------------------------
News Flash
Cinnamon Zaps Blood Sugar
Release Date: September 11, 2005

Want to keep your blood sugar down to lower your odds of developing diabetes? Or if you are diabetic, would you like to lower blood glucose further without extra drugs?

Try eating more cinnamon or taking cinnamon capsules.
That's the advice of Richard Anderson, PhD researcher at the US Department of Agriculture.

"I know of no other natural ingredient that has the power cinnamon does in controlling blood sugar”. he says in a radio interview with Jean Carper.

In fact, Anderson said he takes cinnamon to control is own blood sugar and normally high cholesterol with astonishing success. His cholesterol plunged 60 points after he started
getting about ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon twice a day,he says.

Anderson has reported similar results in a group of 60 people with type 2 diabetes in Diabetes Care, a journal of the American
Diabetes Association. In those getting as little as 1 gram of cinnamon (1/4 tsp twice a day), blood sugar dropped 18 to 29%,
triglycerides fell 23 to 30%, LDL bad cholesterol went down 7 to 27% and total cholesterol 12 to 26%.That's comparable to what you can expect from statin cholesterol -lowering drugs, he says. And cinnamon,unlike drugs, has no side effects.

What's also amazing, says Anderson, is that the benefits of cinnamon lasted for 20 days after subjects stopped taking it.Whereas the benefits of statin drugs vanish very quickly after you stop taking them, he says.

You can sprinkle cinnamon on cereals, put it in juices, use it in desserts such as apple pie and make tea using a cinnamon stick. You can also buy it in capsules. One good brand, he says,
is Cinnulin – a highly concentrated water extract of cinnamon. The product has been developed in cooperation with the USDA
and Anderson".

Sri Lanka

July 21 2009
I would like to add 2 vegetables that have shown promise in reducing Blood Sugar levels in Diabetics and they are Okra or Ladies Fingers and Bitter Gourd or Karavila.

Okra or Ladies Fingers (Abelmoschus esculentus) is a vegetable which grows in the tropics that has shown promise in reducing Blood Sugar levels in Diabetics and those who have used it have confirmed that it has helped to lower their BS levels.

Okra must be soaked in water overnight in a glass of water and the contents drunk the following morning on an empty stomach. It is best to use the tender pod which is cut into small sections which are soaked overnight. A reduction of BS levels is usually noticed in about 3 months during which time the patient uses his standard medication either the Metformin or the Insulin and s/he can reduce the dosage to keep the BS level around 110mg/dl.

Another vegetable that has shown promise to reduce BS levels is Bitter Gourd or Karavila (Momordica charantia) which also grows in the tropics. Here the juice is drunk but unfortunately it is rather bitter and it may be unpleasant to consume. Some have soaked cut pieces overnight in water and this has shown some promise.

Re:Banaba Leaf Extract can reduce Blood Sugar level. By: dr.auntie
KY USA

July 28 2009
Quick note: it's Banaba Leaf, not banana leaf. Very Happy

**That the Creator intends for us to be well is evidenced by the myriad of healing ways inspired in the minds, hands and hearts of His/Her creations.**

Sri Lanka

July 29 2009
Dear Elaine,

Thank you for correcting the error I made in presuming that it was the BanaNa leaf that was mentioned in the article I first copied on this Forum.

I have corrected the title of all the posts and they now read as BanaBa.

Please accept my apologies for presuming that the leaf referred to was the BanaNa. Unfortunately we do not have the BanaBa plant growing here in Sri Lanka.

Joe

Sri Lanka

July 29 2009
I am copying some information on the Banaba leaf and its impact on Diabetes Type II from

http://www.raysahelian.com/banaba.html

Banaba leaf extract supplement health benefit and side effects, by Ray Sahelian, M.D. Herbal medicine from the Philippines
Banaba herb has been used in the Philippines for blood sugar control. See diabetes for information on supplements and herbs that have an influence on blood sugar, including lipoic acid. One of the active ingredients in banaba leaf is corosolic acid and there has been some research done with banaba in Japan. I have not come across any human studies with banaba, but there has been at least one human study with corosolic acid (an extract found in banaba) that showed improvement in blood sugar control in type II diabetics. At this point it is difficult to predict the blood sugar response to a banaba supplement and it is difficult to know what dosage works best and how often to take a banaba supplement or how it interacts with other supplements used for blood sugar control. We also don't know how a banaba supplement would interact with oral medicines used in diabetes and how it would interact with insulin. If you are a type II diabetic, discuss with your doctor regarding the use of a banaba supplement to see if this herbal supplement is appropriate for your particular condition. This banaba will be updated on a regular basis when new banaba research is published.
Blood sugar can be reduced by eating less. If you have an interest in a product that will help you consume fewer calories, consider Diet-Rx with banaba, a natural appetite suppressant. I am very proud of this formula and feedback from users has been excellent.

Re:Banaba Leaf Extract can reduce Blood Sugar level. By: M.A. Rana

July 30 2009
Dear Dr. Joe
If i am not wrong Banana is very famous dish in Kerala. They even eat on the Banana leafs. I experians banana is good if sugar is due the weak Nerve.Phos. Acid 200 plus i ask pateint to stop extra hard working or exercise for few days. it brings a lot of change and many patients are enjoying thier sugar @ 90. I use Ars. Bro.Q with that for some times.

This is God who bless Life & health but no one else

--

July 30 2009
Dear Rana,
Kindly let us know more about Arsenic Bromide Q as I find a lot of adverse criticism to its use in the net. I know it is the people who are freightened at the name of Arsenic that come up with such claims, most of them themselves need Arsenic Album for the anxieties writ large on their face. I have used successfully Arsenic Album in few of the diabetic patients who were insulin based. I know Arsenic has a great role in correcting the pancrease, adrinals and the stomach, liver areas. Bromide is yet another great medicine which fundamental acts at the Etherial level. Its combination should work well at body and spirit level equally well. Please enlighten. with regards

--

--

July 30 2009
Dear Rana,
Kindly let us know more about Arsenic Bromide Q as I find a lot of adverse criticism to its use in the net. I know it is the people who are freightened at the name of Arsenic that come up with such claims, most of them themselves need Arsenic Album for the anxieties writ large on their face. I have used successfully Arsenic Album in few of the diabetic patients who were insulin based. I know Arsenic has a great role in correcting the pancrease, adrinals and the stomach, liver areas. Bromide is yet another great medicine which fundamental acts at the Etherial level. Its combination should work well at body and spirit level equally well. Please enlighten. with regards

--

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.