Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Coccus Cacti
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Att: Joe De Livera:5 year old with wheezing,cough & chest congestion
Started by: hsharma at December 24 2008

Replies: 60 & Views: 9889    Font    Page 1 of 3  Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next          Reply

Att: Joe De Livera:5 year old with wheezing,cough & ches By: hsharma

December 24 2008
Complaint: My five year old daughter has this cough, wheezing & chest congestion. Her Pediatrician puts her on Albuterol, Prednislone & Antibiotics whenever she gets cough & wheezing. She had her first episode when she was 1 year old (2004) & last time was April 2006. Recently she had two episodes of same problem: started in Late November & she was prescribed Albuterol, Prednislone & Antibiotics. In three weeks cough & wheezing was gone, but symptoms returned within two weeks. Again she was put on Albuterol, Prednislone & Antibiotics by the doctors.

It starts in winters and with minor dry coughing (Daytime and night). Then all of a sudden in a day or two her chest is full of cough. She would cough hard from her stomach and we can feel that she is breathing from her stomach. Cough is thick, sticky and white and she cannot throw it out while coughing but we can hear rattling in chest and then comes wheezing and sometimes low fever (100-101). Usually she never had sneezing with cough and wheezing but this time she has been sneezing a lot but no runny nose. Coughing will follow sneezing. She coughs during day, evening and night but Cough is worse when she sleeps daytime or at night. During sleep she will kick the blanket and seems restless as she would turn and twist, put her head under the pillow. During these episodes we notice her lips will dry and dark brown/black circle under her eyes appear and her face little pale yellow. She has no food allergies that we know of but she likes sweets, chocolates, and cold beverages like yogurt, smoothies, and ice-cream.

After reading various posts from other parents whose kids suffered from same complaints and got cured by Homeopathic treatment, I do not want to continue with antibiotics, steroids and inhalers since they seem to do a temporary fix and lot of side effects.
Please help with suggestions.

Thanks

Re: Att: Joe De Livera:5 year old with wheezing,cough & By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

December 25 2008
I believe that your daughter suffers from Asthma which is aggravated by every cold that she catches.

We will treat her Asthma with Blatta Orientalis 6c in the Wet Dose taken just once nightly before bedtime. Please click on "About Dose" in the column on the left for instructions on making the Wet dose. You will give her just one capful from the bottle after shaking it hard more than 6 times. I have observed that patients usually respond within hours of the first capful when they have a peaceful night's sleep.

Her resistance to catching colds can be built up with Bacillinum 200 which is a Nosode, a remedy that cannot be used on a daily basis. You will give her 6 pellets of this remedy when she is free of any other infection and you will observe that it will stop her catarrh like symptoms: blocked and watering nose, sneezing and low temperature. Please note that you will give her only ONE dose of this remedy an hour before food and you will give her another single dose in a month.

If you observe that she is catching a cold after you have given her the Bacillinum 200, you will give her 2 tablets of Ferr Phos 6x which she will take every 3-4 hours to help abort the oncoming cold. Please note that she must take this remedy even after her cold symptoms are arrested for at least a day but the frequency of the dose is then lowered to 3 times for the day. This is to prevent the virus from coming back.

If she still is unable to abort the cold and at this stage she shows signs of a cough, you will give her Belladonna 30c in the Wet dose 3 times a day.

It is understood that you will stop all other drugs and medication when you start on this therapy.

Please report her response every week on this Forum.

Re:Att: Joe De Livera:5 year old with wheezing,cough & c By: hsharma

December 25 2008
Dear Mr. Livera::

Thank you very much for your reply and suggestions. I will get the medicines you have prescribed. Just to recap what you have suggested:

1. She will take Blatta Orientalis 6c in wet dose –single dose at bedtime
2. Bacillinum 200- ONE dose, once her cough & wheezing is gone. This dose will be repeated after one month.

Based on her Pediatrician’s prescription, she is on Albuterol nebulizer right now for another three days. Should I wait to give Blatta Orientalis till Albuuterol dose is stopped or can I start it while she is on Albuterol.? She is not taking any other medication right now.

Thanks
Harish

Re:Att: Joe De Livera:5 year old with wheezing,cough & c By: M.A. Rana

December 25 2008
With all due respect to Mr. Joe. I consider it Cold Allargi and following medicine is very good as per my experience.

1) Kali Phos 6x 2 tablets in hot water 3 times a day in case of child.you can add Ferrum Phos 6x in case of fever.
2) Sangunaria 30 one drop in water in a day.
Kali Phos is very good for dust, cold allargi and Sangunaria is good for the cough comes after cold. It is also good to cleam the mass.Epecial medicine for child cough.

This is God who bless Life & health but no one else

December 25 2008
Dear Mr. Rana:

Thanks for your interest in my daughter's case. One thing I did not understand is what you have mentioned in your last para.. "It is also good to cleam the mass.Epecial medicine for child cough."
Could you please clarify.
Thanks

Sri Lanka

December 25 2008
I have observed that Blatta O 6c clears up the patient's Asthma overnight when s/he enjoys a sound uninterrupted sleep. Suggest that you give her one capful before bedtime and report her response the morning after. You have obviously use Albuterol on countless occasions in the past and I do not think that you will require Albuterol anymore.

Albuterol has been described as:

"Albuterol is a bronchodilator, but it is also sometimes called a short-term beta agonist -- a drug that relaxes the smooth muscles of your airways from your trachea all the way down to the smallest airways. It can also interfere with mast cells, which have to do with the inflammatory response associated with asthma."

It is a great pity that your daughter has been using this drug for so many years under your doctor's orders and it seems such a shame that modern medicine does not have the equivalent of Blatta O 6c which has cleared up Asthma in many patients usually overnight. The patient will have to take a capful of this remedy for a few months and I shall advise you to change the dosage after her Asthma has stabilized.

I would suggest that you get the Blatta O 6c in the Liquid pack in Ethanol and you will use just 3 drops in a bottle of water. This is more potent than using the remedy in the pellet form.

You have understood my therapy correctly and it is up to you to use it in the manner that I have prescribed.

December 26 2008
Dear Mr. Livera:

I could not get Blatta O 6c in Ethanol , so I bought pellets. Right now my daughter does not have any wheezing but lot of wet, sticky cough. Based on your advice, I will give her one wet dose of Blatta O tonight and then I will post her progress.

What should I give her to control the excessive wet cough?

Thanks
Harish

Sri Lanka

December 26 2008
I would prefer that you get the remedy in Ethanol and you can mail order it from Celletech whose address you will find at the top of this page. The reason I prefer the remedy in Ethanol is because I have found that it is far more potent than the pellets. You may use the pellets for the moment till you get the liquid pack in Ethanol.

If her wet cough is due to her Asthma you may find that it has left her during the night. Hepar Sulph 30c can help a wet cough but it is better to see how she responds to the Blatta O on the morning after before you give her the Hepar S.

December 26 2008
Dear Mr. Livera:

I checked Celletech's website & they have Blatta O in Spray or Pellets as carriers. Is spray same as ethanol based remedy?
If spray is same then I will order it right away & I will give her one wet dose using Pellets tonight (Till I get Ethanol based) & will post the results tomorrow.

Once again I sincerely appreciate all your time and help.
Thanks
Harish

December 27 2008
Mr Livera:

She got an ear infection & doctor prescribed Amoxycilin for 5 days. So I won't be able to give her Blatta O tonight as I understand I have to stop all medicines prior to starting her on Blatta. I guess I will wait for another 5 days.

Thanks
Harish

Sri Lanka

December 27 2008
You can get the Ethanol based remedy from Washington Homeopathic Products phone 800 336 1695.

I have observed that whenever the remedy is not offered in the Ethanol pack, the vendor does not manufacture it. He uses the Ethanol remedy of another manufacturer and activates the pellets.

SInce your daughter is on Amoxycilin it is best to await the arrival of the liquid remedy. The antibiotic will also help her cough if it is caused by some bacteria.

December 27 2008
Dear Mr. Livera:

I will order the Ethanol remedy from Washington Homeopathic Products as suggested by you.

Will start dosage after she finishes her Antibiotic prescription.

Thanks

January 16 2009
Dear Mr. Livera:

I just received Liquid Blatta O 6 c. My daughter is now off the antibiotics & Steroids so. I will give her one wet dose at bedtime tonight. She does not have any wheezing & cough right now , so yesterday I gave her one dose of Bacilinum 200.

How long do I have to give her Blatta O wet dose?

Thanks

Sri Lanka

January 17 2009
I believe that you know how to make the Wet dose of Blatta O 6c. Use just 3 drops in the 500ml water and you must always succuss the remedy before every dose which is one capful per night before bed.

All my patients who presented Asthma, some for many years, have reported that with the first dose their Asthma was stabilized and many have also reported that after about 3 months on this single dose taken nightly that they do not require the remedy anymore and can be considered as cured. You have inquired for how long she must take this remedy and we will see how she responds and decide on any variation if necessary, later.

It is understood that you will not give her the usual drugs that you have been using in the future. Just in case she gets an attack, which I feel is very unlikely, I would like you to get Ars Alb 200 in the dry pellets and keep it for use if she finds that she cannot breathe. The dose is 6 pellets taken sublingually and this should clear up the airway in about 20 minutes. Please note that this remedy, like the Bacillinum, cannot be used on a daily basis.

Please report her progress in a few days.

January 17 2009
Thank You Mr. Livera for your response. I am following your instructions on wet dose preparation. Also I am not giving her any other medication as suggested by you.

I will post her progress next week.

Thank you

January 26 2009
Dear Mr Livera:

It's been a week since I started giving Blatta O 6c wet dose to my daughter & so far everything is under control. She does not have any Cough/Asthma symptoms.
How long should I give her the wet dose?

Thank you

Sri Lanka

January 26 2009
I am happy to note that your daughter who you stated was suffering from Asthma since the age of 5 years has not had any attack for the last week since she started on the Blatta Orientalis 6c therapy in the Wet Dose.

I shall copy the symptoms that you posted in your first post of December 24 2008 to enable members who may read this thread to realize that my "Joepathy" which some of them condem even today, does indeed work in a manner that their own classical remedies cannot emulate. Your post is below:

"My five year old daughter has this cough, wheezing & chest congestion. Her Pediatrician puts her on Albuterol, Prednislone & Antibiotics whenever she gets cough & wheezing. She had her first episode when she was 1 year old (2004) & last time was April 2006. Recently she had two episodes of same problem: started in Late November & she was prescribed Albuterol, Prednislone & Antibiotics. In three weeks cough & wheezing was gone, but symptoms returned within two weeks. Again she was put on Albuterol, Prednislone & Antibiotics by the doctors."

You, as the parent would realize only too well the danger that your daughter was exposed to on a daily basis with the Albuerol, Prednisolone and other Antibiotics that you were prescribed by your doctors as they would all have contributed towards retarding her normal growth and would have prevented her from enjoying a life to the full due to her dependence on the powerful drugs that you were have been giving her for the last 5 years merely to enable her to breathe.

You will agree with me that within the short period of a week, she has responded positively to my therapy and I feel that it is very unlikely that she will ever return to her 5 year old regimen of drugs in the future.

You have inquired from me how long you will have to give her the Blatta O. My experience with other patients has been that they can reduce their daily dose in about 3 months as the body seems to be able to ensure that the airway does not get constricted as it did in the past. In other words it would be safe to assume that they have been cured by this amazing medicine of which you only use just one capful per night. You can rest assured however that this capful of the remedy cannot do any harm to your daughter in the manner that all the drugs that you have given her for the last 5 years would have done in the past.

I do hope that her progress will continue in the future and you can report her progress from time to time when we can decide what changes we should make in her present therapy.

January 26 2009
Thank you Mr Livera. I will keep you and this forum updated on my daughter's progress.

Once again I really appreciate all your time and selfless help which you have offered to members & readers of this forum.

Thanks

Sri Lanka

January 27 2009
It occurred to me that I have not given you instructions on helping your daughter to stave off an oncoming cold. You would no doubt have observed in the past that every cold accentuates her ailments like coughing, fever, sneezing and of course
her Asthma. The Bacillinum 200 you gave her would help her to build up her resistance to catching colds but it is not impossible that she eventually catches the virus and in order to abort this virus and stop an oncoming cold, I would like you to get a stock of Ferr Phos and Kali Phos both in the 6x potency which you can give your daughter if and when she complains of a cold coming on. The dosage is 2 tablets of each remedy taken alternatively every 3 hours. You will have to instruct her to report any itching of the nose or sneezing which can presage a cold coming on and it is best that you start her off on the remedies irrespective of whether or not she has caught the virus if she feels 'coldy' at all. The 2 remedies must be continued for 24 hours days after relief is observed and the symptoms abate to prevent the virus returning. The dosage may however be lowered to just 3 times a day, with 2 doses of Kali Phos and 1 dose of Ferr Phos taken every 4 hours.

It is understood that she will continue to take the Blatta O throughout this period as usual.

January 28 2009
Thank you Mr. Livera for your advice regarding cold prevention. I will order both medicines.

Thank You

February 2 2009
Dear Mr. Livera:

This was the second week for my daughter on Blatta O wet dose. Everything was normal and she did not show any Asthma symptoms.
One thing I have noticed is that after these asthma/wheezing attacks and taking Steroids (albuterol etc) & antibiotics her face has become pale and she has developed dark circles under her eyes. Would you suggest some remedy or diet/tonic recommendations to improve these symptoms.

Thank You

Sri Lanka

February 2 2009
As I expected, your daughter's progress conforms to that of my other Asthmatic patients. I am glad that you chose to discuss her problem on this Forum as it is unlikely that you would have been prescribed Blatta O by the prescribers of other forums who would invariably use the classical yardstick in their choice of remedies.

My Joepathy was being widely criticized on these forums and this prompted me to join a friend who is an engineer to establish our own Forum which is now attracting worldwide interest, judging by the fact that this term "Joepathy" is being closely scrutinized on Google and the other Search Engines who usually include cases like yours which are of public interest in their list of hits.

Your report of the after effect that your daughter is now suffering from the many drugs including Steroids and Antibiotics that she had used in the past will take a few more weeks to overcome. You can give her plenty of liquids to drink to flush out these poisons and for a tonic you can give her Arnica 30c in the Wet dose taken twice daily which will help her body to recover better and more quickly.

You and your wife can also share the Arncia which you can take nightly and you will invariably note a difference in your life in the future.

February 8 2009
Hi Mr. Livera:

This is the third week for my daughter WITHOUT Ashtma/cough/wheezing symptoms. I am hoping symptoms will never return. I have started her on Arnica 30 & extra fluids to clean her system.

My question is how long does she need the wet dose before switching to split dose?

Once again my sincere gratitude for all your time and advice.

Sri Lanka

February 9 2009
I am happy to learn that your daughter does not present Asthma any more. This is the standard response of almost all my Asthmatic patients to Blatta O taken in the manner that I have standardized and it is my hope that other Homeopaths, including those who count themselves among the classical fraternity, will also follow your daughter's case and use this same remedy to treat their patients. At the end of the day, it is not the method used to cure any ailment that matters but the fact that a remedy has proved to be outstanding in treating a case like your daughter's Asthma, which as I predicted originally should respond positively overnight to her first dose of Blatta O 6c in the Wet Dose.

I note that you seem anxious to stop this medication and have often inquired for how long she should take this remedy. You will remember the old saying that "Rome was not built in a day". This statement holds true of your daughter's Asthma too and her taking just one capfull of this remedy nightly, cannot be compared to the many drugs including antibiotics, steroids, inhalers and other medication like nebulization that she has been taking and subjected to throughout her short life. You will no doubt realize that this remedy cannot cause her any harm like the drugs she has taken so far have done and you can safely continue with the Blatta O for about 3 months, when we can consider varying the dosage.

It is when she presents her next cold that we will have to be vigilant and I presume that you already have the 2 other remedies I prescribed, Ferr Phos and Kali Phos both in the 6x potency which you will use alternately to try to abort the virus. Please follow the guidelines that I have given in a previous post and it is most important to use them as early as possible when she finds that she is catching a cold. You can also give her the second dose of Bacillinum 200 in a month after her first dose as a booster.

I have treated many patients including some chronic cases of Asthma who have suffered for over 30 years who had been given up as incurable by both their allopathic and homeopathic physicians and were on a daily dosage of either steroids and inhalers prescribed by their doctors which were essential for the patient merely to breathe, or in the case of patients who trusted their classical homeopaths on a cocktail of remedies which were being varied with each weekly consultation, but to no avail.

I am happy to state that over 95% of the cases that I have been associated with both here in Sri Lanka and overseas have recorded that their Asthma improved overnight like your daughter and many patients have confirmed that they have overcome their Asthma within about 3 months and have also confirmed that they were CURED and do not need the remedy any more.

I am confident that your daughter's case too will conform to that of my other patients and we can patiently await her continued progress in the future.

I thank you for continuing to record her progress weekly.

I would like to keep your contact email address on record to enable me to follow your daughter's progress in later years. Please send it to me on:
joe@titusstores.com

February 9 2009
Thank you for your reply. As suggested by you I will continue to give her Blatta O for 3 months. As per your advice I have purchased Ferr Phos and Kali Phos 6x as preventative meds.

I gave here second dose of Bacillinum 200 yesterday (after one month). Do I have to give her Bacillinum 200 once every month?

PS: I have sent me email address to you.

Thanks

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.