Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Psorinum
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

myopia in kids
Started by: vyushti at November 6 2008

Replies: 157 & Views: 20157    Font    Page 2 of 7  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next          Reply

Re:myopia in kids By: lal_anar

August 14 2009
no Garcot, i don't feel any offense. You r correct. My grandmother got her glasses for reading when she was 50 +. My father and my mother got their first glasses also 50 +. Myself got glasses when I was 18. None of my other sister and brother use glasses. My cousin got his first glasses when he was 9. It was the time in 70's. Contacts were not common that time.
For Vyushti, all I want him/her to throw the fear ( my guess if there is any ) that kid will loose eyesight when he gets older. Its not true. Try the remedies given you by experts here, I don't see any harm in trying. If any remedy brings the power 20/20, homeopathy does helps where allopathy gives up. But, please do not avoid getting glasses or contacts. Not having glasses or contacts and keep trying remedies will not help.

Re:myopia in kids By: garcot
Bangalore

August 14 2009
Yes, Lal . This is where the beauty of nature lies. That's what makes life wonderful too and a great learning experience on this planet.

Warm regards
Garcot

"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

Re:myopia in kids By: udaya kumar
--

August 14 2009
Where are we now|? I am getting myopic.

No body denies the use of glasses for already developed myopia.

Vyushti, Did I suggest earlier Carboneum Sulph or Physostigma. Did you use it and what was the outcome. If not please check them out. with regards.

--

Re:myopia in kids By: vyushti

August 14 2009
oops error!

August 14 2009
hello all,
thanks for sharing your views. no offense to anyone, but its not that i am against glasses/contacts, the aim here is to slow down the myopic progression...as per few optometerists and doctors also (since before 1946) the usage of minus lenses all the time only enhances the progression of myopia. its only that glasses have always been the easier way out to seeing better. please read on what some docs have to say on this. ( http://web.archive.org/web/19981202182153/http://www.onhealth.com/ch1/in-depth/item/0,1007,1997,00.htm )
i have had a conversation with Dr. Guyton of the JHU ( http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/wilmer/employees/cvs/Guyton.html ) he is a paediatric opthalmologist respected worldwide and he has advised me against full time usage of full power minus lenses.
also pl. chk http://www.kaisuviikari.com/statements.htm#pre2 by kaisu viikari.
thank you mr. lal for your words of encouragement on throwing out the fear...but thats not the fear i have...my fear is of not having explored and helped him with different alternatives as rightly pointed out by Garcot. after having read so much and talked to many people on myopia i simply cannot 'blindly' follow that there is no way out without the minus lenses/contacts.
i dont hv to go far to see this, as a child in class 5/6 i was prescribed minus lenses -0.75, so were some other kids in my class. i wore my glasses erratically, played a lot of outdoor sports etc...to date(i am 40 now) my power has just increased by 0.5, whilst many others who wore them right upto bed have numbers that have progressively increased alarmingly. unknowingly i did what is being prescribed by some opthalmologists who dare to think differently.
Garcot - he doesnt have pain in the eye.
Udaya - we did talk abt both the medicines carboneum sulph and physostigma...but i havent given him any to date.
on monday i start with thuja1M, followed by nat mur for 3 days followed by calc carb.
meanwhile i will chk out these other medicines n will get back to you
best regards
vyushti

--

August 14 2009
Vyushti,
I am of the view the reason for vision lies in the gross element fire in the abdomen and I need not repeat my known position on this.
Please keep me posted after the Thuja and Natrum Mur. with best wishes.

--

August 15 2009
dear udaya,
i will keep you posted on that...but what is it that i have to look for...is it some radical change or subtle ones.
oh i did forget to mention that his skin is very sensitive...many times the skin on his palms and soles keeps peeling off, also atopic dermatitis behind the knee and on the elbow 3 to 4 times in a year.....
does that change the medication or sequence that i am starting from monday.
thanks
best reagrds

--

August 15 2009
You will see visible changes in mood, aversions, sweating patterns, eating habits, drinking water, weight. And all changes would be positive. with best wishes.

--

August 15 2009
ok
thanks Smile

August 18 2009
dear udaya,
i managed to get thuja1M last eve, will give it today when he is back from school (he has to be in school at 6:30am for his games..so morning wasnt possible today). tom. eve i give him nat mur 1M, the three doses of Nat.mur will be given on three consecutive days, without a gap?
does morn or eve dosage make a difference in the med. he will be taking?
best regards

--

August 18 2009
Natrum Mur may be given on three consecutive days, without gap. it can be taken any time. To my mind, only the first dose of any medicine matters. Rest of the doses are redundant. Three doses are given to make sure that what has been triggered has not petered off. So the three triggers have fairly good chance to sustain the curative action produced by the first touch of the medicine on the tongue i.e. the first dose.

--

August 18 2009
ok thanks udaya,
will update on the situation after the medication.
i have replied to your queries on my thread.

August 18 2009
Dear Udaya,
gave Thuja1M, was going thru symptoms while some of them match like, taking time to mix around, doesnt mind being alone, loves to read, timid in public,fear of darkness but not too pronounced, sensitivity towards milk from almost birth, sleeps early rises early too, had bouts of undiagnosed abdominal pain around the navel area a year back (no worms, nothing in the scans) ...but there are things like lack of self confidence, anger, irritability, desire to please others, doing something just to please others, being bothered about other peoples opinion of them, lacking will power, sucidal tendencies, left sided...which are nowhere close to his traits.
thanks
best regards

--

August 18 2009
Please do not give any medicine to the child if you are too apprehensive. You may antidot Thuja with Merc sol 30, or camphor 30 or Sabina 30. and forget about it. with best wishes.

--

August 19 2009
dear udaya,
i am sorry if this has sounded offensive,
its not that i am apprehensive..i merely posed my query and passing you information on his matching traits, as i was reading about about the medicine last night.
i hope you will continue to guide
thanks
best regards

Bangalore

August 19 2009
Dear Vyushti,

When someone is treated over the internet, we have to go by, what is being mentioned by the patients ( their mental and physical symptoms). At 1M potency, the remedies don't touch the body and just helps the vital force to readjust the conditioning of the mind and helps to correct the miasmatic blocks inherited, acquired etc.. if needed. Otherwise, the remedial vibration just leaves the body untouched.

Since children have good vitality in general, it is a normal practice amongst the seasoned homeopaths to use 1M potencies, if they believe, there are any miasmatic blocks either inherited or acquired through vaccinations, associations etc... For example, in India 70% of the population carry Tubercular miasm, which is very easy to acquire especially in our country. Tuberculinum 1M 1 dose once in two years can safely be used.

Ofcourse, you are the mother, you can decide based on your perception. Homeopathic remedies can easily become ineffective at high potencies, if it is taken with lot of apprehension, since that fear can antidote the remedy. Yes, it is true, since these are all energy medicines, and we all know how a gentle blowing wind can put off a beautifully lit candle.

Udaya would be the last human being to feel offensive. What he meant was, what I said in the above para.

Best wishes
Garcot

August 19 2009
thanks Garcot,
for explaining and putting it so well...!
i had already given him the med late last eve, before reading on thuja....was just trying to figure out this wondrous medicine (not out of apprehension or fear but curiosity)....so just thought of letting Udaya know about the matches,
since i do not know, what medicine, how many trait matches, and what potency, and as to what level the medicine works at...i might have sounded apprehensive.....i hope i have been able to clarify....

without having met him ever, I am amazed at and respect and trust completely Udaya's immense knowledge and depth of understanding.

will carry on with nat mur 1m from this eve for the next three days.

thanks again to all of you for the guidance.

best regards

August 19 2009
regarding milk....he clips his nose if there is milk boiling and he is close by or if someone is using milk to prepare tea or coffee.
but despite the fact that he knows that both the tea and coffee have milk, he doesnt really have a problem taking them..but would prefer a juice or green tea anyday over them.
certain other things...he likes to have certain things from those places only..for eg. if its sandesh(one of the very few sweet he likes besides dark chocolate)...it has to be from a particular shop)....will not even try if they are from somewhere else. this is mostly for food only. it takes some coaxing and effort to make him try something other than his own "food group".

Bangalore

August 19 2009
Thuja 1M would precisely remove these reservations. If you observe, mostly, it is delusion. Why he does that, neither he would know ( though he may give a reason) nor do we know. Ofcourse, Ofcourse dairy products aren't really good for humans, especially in the form it is made available ( pasturized etc..it looses all the required enzymes for digestion of the same).

Natrum Mur also adresses directly the bad effects of milk ( fluid imbalance, lactose intolerance etc..).

Garcot

--

August 19 2009
Vyushti,
Medicines have been suggested after considerable thoughts. We do not think t even a nano second when we decide to ingest all those poisonous germs into the body through the vaccines, which is inviting all the autoimmune diseases of the day. After all thuja is vegetable based and natrum mur is common salt which we take every day. The one word milk idiosyncracy is sufficient to flash a thousand symptoms before the mind. Further analysis is futile if the milk so called allergy is present which I am certain is a product of the ill effects of vaccination. And for ill effects of vaccination we have nothing so effective as Thuja. So please report after the third day of natrum mur so that we know where we are. with best wishes.

--

August 19 2009
thanks udaya,
i will do that
regards

August 21 2009
Dear Udaya,
a dose of Thuja 1M and two doses of Nat Mur 1M have been given to him....
after third dose of Nat Mur, should i start calc. carb200 on the next day itself?
sorry to bother, but what are the signs i am supposed to be looking for in behavior/ appetite/ habits/ physically....i may be missing out on something as i havent noticed any change except for the fact that he was being hurt/ sulking even by some little fun teasing (maybe it was just one of those days...not linked to med...) just thought of letting you know this.
thanks
best regards

--

August 21 2009
Vyushti,
thuja do not have the symptoms you have mentioned. If it is natrum mur, even if we connect it, it can be complemented by Sepia which is chronic of natrum mur and have the milk idosyncracy as a dominant symptom or antidotable by Arsenic Album or Phosphorus easily. The water and salt intake could also be cause of emotions brimming. If you think that Natrum Mur is doing it, do not give the third dose and watch stabilising for a few days and it will become better day by day towards perfect cure. If he has already taken the third dose do not bother. You can start with Calcaria Carb immediately after or after waiting for one day. The medicines don't interfere in this case here. with best wishes.

--

August 21 2009
dear udaya,
like i said it could be one of those days when one has emotional outbursts, i cannot attribute it to the medication so wouldnt know if antidoting is required..(ley me watch him when he gets back from school this evening) the third dose is due this evening, will start on calc carb from tom.
thanks
regards

August 21 2009
this evening there havent been any emotional outbursts or sulking

--

August 21 2009
wait for three days and report please.

--

August 25 2009
Dear Udaya,
the medications given so far...
thuja1M - day one
Nat Mur 1M - days 2,3 and 4
Calc. Carb200 - days 5,6,7

the changes that i can see are that he has been constipated for the last 3/4 days, he does pass the stool but has to wait long or drink some water. yesterday he complained of a stomach ache (had already passed stools) in the morning, pointing towards the left side and it was a bit acute by his expressions, had some ENO and went off to school n was fine thereafter. dont see much change in the atopic dermatitis behind his knee..(its not flared up at the moment in anycase). about milk..since he cannot have coffee due to the meds..he is happily content on his favorite juices as replacement....(wondering how to replenish the calcium that he is missing out on..as he wont take curd or cottage cheese, he likes processed cheese but thats not an ideal replacement )
other than these (obvious ones)if there are changes, i am missing out on them, as i dont know what i am looking for, or what to expect....nothing really new that has shown up after medicines till this morning.

there are some things which i think i hv not mentioned earlier....
like his milk idiosyncracy,for any new food- he would smell first...acceptance and rejection is based on that,and later the taste if he likes the smell.
many a times he walks on his toes (even i do!)
he is very articulate and expressive with language...has been reading books from his library that are meant for kids much older to him.
remember details that can amaze people. remembers things that he has seen or read or heard with interest (without any effort!) down to the last detail even after months or years have passed by(for eg. sequence of songs on CDs, statistical data, flags, cars, planes...etc). has challenged his chess coach in school and won (or a draw) many times.
dislikes being teased, goes into a shell or sulks if someone talks aloud or screams. generally nonagressive, but if he is pushed or teased over and overt he becomes a little aggressive or distances himself...(this is only at home).
recently has started showing a lot of interest in outdoor sports (so is happily up at 5:45am for the coaching before school).
he either does something wholeheartedly or wont do it.
likes to reread his favorite books (and there are a whole lot of them!)
never throws tantrums demanding things.

should i continue with calcarea.carb200 a dose a day? for how long? also what should i watch out for?

thanks
best regards

Page 2 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.