Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Belladonna - Uses
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

myopia in kids
Started by: vyushti at November 6 2008

Replies: 157 & Views: 20152    Font    Page 1 of 7  Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next          Reply

myopia in kids By: vyushti

November 6 2008
hello,
my seven year old son has been diagnosed with simple myopia
(-1.5)....is there any medication/treatment to
arrest/improve the progression.
if so what are the medications/ dosages.
how long does it take to show results.
thanks
regards
vyushti

Re:myopia in kids By: sajjadakram

November 6 2008
Give you child 1-2 drops of Ruta 6c at least twice daily.It is a long term therapy and shall take time to improve the vision.
sajjad.

Re:myopia in kids By: vyushti

November 6 2008
thanks
long term ?

Re:myopia in kids By: sajjadakram

November 6 2008
long term ?
Not less than a year or two.
sajjad.

Re:myopia in kids By: udaya kumar
--

November 6 2008
Vyushti,

About Myopia. The specific medicines as per Boericke materia medica are :

Carboneum Sulphuratum : Lack of vital heat. Diarrhea every four to six weeks. Congestion of nerve centres. EYES : Myopia, Asthenopia and dis-chromotopsia, cloudiness and atrophy of optic disc and central scotoma for light and for red and green not for white. Optic neuritis advancing towards atrophy. Arteries and veins congested. Retinal congestion; optic disc pale. Everything seems in a fog. Vision greatly impaired. Colour blindness.

ISN'T THAT WONDERFUL AND PROMISING?

Dosage : 1st attenuation.

2. Dr S.R. Phatak Materia medica says:

JABORANDI (Pilocarpus) Eyes : Visual disturbances, Eyes easily tire from slightest use. Retinal images retained long after using eyes. White spots before the eyes. Lids twitch. Smarting pain in the eyes. NEAR SIGHTED. Pupils contracted. Exophthalmus. Squint, convergent, after operation. Vitreous opacity.

Boericke describes Jaborandi as : Eye strain from whatever cause. Irritability of the celieary muscle. Eyes easily tire from slightest use. Heat and burning in the eyes on use. Headache; smarting and pain in globe on use. Everything at a distance appears hazy; vision becomes indistinct every few moments. Retinal images retained long after using eyes. Irritation from electric or other artificial light. Pupils contracted; do not react to light. Staring eyes. NEAR SIGHTED. Vertigo and nausea after using eyes. White spots before the eyes. Smarting pain in the eyes. Lids twitch, Atrophic choroiditis. Spasm of the accommodation while reading.

There will be heavy persiperation particularly in hand when Jaborandi is indicated. Dosage : Prescribed Third potency. I would prefer 30C potency to be safer.

3. PHYSIOSTIGMA :
EYES : INCREASING MYOPIA. Night blindness. Photophobia. contraction of pupils. twitching of occular muscles. lagophthalmus. Muscae volitantes; flashes of light; vision trembling partial blindness. Glaucoma; paresis of accommodation; astigmatism. Profuse lachrymation. Spasm of ciliary muscle, with irritability after using eyes. Post diphtheritic paralysis of eye and accommodation muscles.

So you have three wonderful straight forward specific remedies for myopia. Now, tell me one thing frankly, how far you can stop your child from seeing the TV and working on computer. 2. Get the glasses on for the time being so that the vision loss is arrested. It can go side by side with the medicines and when medicine starts working the glass can automatically be removed.

The vision is a function of the element Fire. Element fire is cause for the heat in the body and the digestion. Good or bad vision is directly linked with the functions of stomach, liver etc. Applying any drops in the eyes therefore are not advised. Medicine should be taken internally and focused on the stomach, liver and other organs in the abdomen which are responsible for digestion and metabolism.

The second aspect is vision impairment. Here the muscles and nerves connecting the eye to the signalling centres are mostly involved. You can see that twitching of occular muscles is a symptom in all the medicines indicated. Which means the muscles are weak. A weak muscles can also cause contraction of pupil and connected with the photophoebia.

If the problem has its root in the eyestrain, Ruta G would help, where as if eyestrain and use of TV, Computer or gazing shining surface etc are responsible, Gelsemium will be giving immediate results. Use Gelsemium in 30 potency and it will give outstanding results for blurred and hazy vision.

Similarly if there is redness, irritation and other disturbances in the eyes with tired feelings Rhus Tox 1M one dose will be of high value. Rhus Tox 1M one dose should be used once in a while otherwise too as a preventive to many kinds of viral fevers and in particular afflictions of the eye. This can be followed by Belladonna 30 three doses which will complete the cure initiated by Rhus Tox within a day. This is applicable in the case of Conjectivitis also.

Similarly, Symphytum 200 one dose and Arnica 30 a few doses have to be used to complete the work started by all other medicines for perfect eyesight. In some cases it takes prolonged time for correction but there are cases where the improvement could be noticed instantly. If the nerves are cause for the eye disturbances or vision disturbaces, Hypericum should be used.

Apart from that you can also put the child into Yogic Sushmavyayam for the eyes. Yoga can be started once the child is eight years old. You can do acupressure on the orbits of the eyes. You can do acupressure on the phalenges of the ring and little fingers of palms as well as feet. Give lot of food containing Vitamin A like Carrot etc. Restrict use of TV and computer until his eyes have returned to normal.

with best wishes.
udaya

--

November 6 2008
thanks dear Udaya,
for the detailed info......but it still leaves me confused as to which med. to start with, eye strain is there, reading at distance is a problem, twitching not so much/ noticable.,no diarrhea...infact he has constipation problem on and off (we have had to give him anemas and medication), no foggy vision, sometimes has headaches of late if too much concentration is done on a particular thing.diet wise i am trying to give him greens and amla and carrots etc.
what are the yogic susmavyayams for the eyes...anywhere i can find them...is it moving the eye balls from side to side, rotation clockwise and anticlockwise, trataka, etc?
please help the progression of myopia needs to be stalled and improvement in vision as he is too young.

--

November 6 2008
Yes. Yogic Sushmavyayams are as demonstrated by Dhirendra Brahmachari. You may find it in "Care of the Eyes" by Dr. D.R. Gala, Dr. Diren Gala, Dr. Sanjay Gala (Navneet Publications) or Yogasana and Pranayama for health by Dr. P.D. Sharma (Navneet publications) and many other books. It is as you said eyes open wide, up down, left right, corners rotation clockwise anti clockwise, eye pressing or winking hard. Keeping the eyes open and allowing cool air to enter eyes until watering. Tratak need not be practiced now.

About medicines, you can start with one dose one globule Rhus Tox 1M. No other medicines on that day. Gelsemium 30 three globules three times a day for one day. He will report a lot of improvement in memory as well as clarity of thought as well as vision after Gelsemium. Thereafter give three doses of Carboneum Sulphuratum. Any mother medicine would be required only if these medicines do not give sufficient improvement, which is unlikely.

For constipation, Chelidonium 30c for constipation(maximum three doses, repeat if necessary). The stools on constipation may be black in colour and like sheep dung; alongwith Cina 30 three doses a day for one day repeat after a fortnight. (He is probably having worms in the stomach)

If the worms are confirmed, they have spoiled the liver and therefore the constipation, and headache. Taking this factor into consideration you may put him on the tonic Chionanthus Q 5 drops in one ounce water three times a day for as long as required. As I have already mentioned to you, he has a sluggish metabolism and that is causing the vision problem. In Ayurveda it is called "Agni Manniam" or sluggish Jadaragni. Phytolacca/Lycopodium are other medicines of value here.

I hope this helps.

--

November 6 2008
dear udaya,
he is not constipated now..... the stool tests have never confirmed worms, though his teeth do chatter/grind in sleep from a long time, despite having given allopathic deworming meds.
i will start with the rhus tox1m followed by gelsemium and carboneum sulphuratum (what potency) routine you have mentioned.....his memory is razor sharp and clarity of thought is there too.
any other changes that one might expect?
also Chionanthus Q.
the other meds like jaborbandi, PHYSIOSTIGMA arent needed?
thanks

November 6 2008
i have started giving him triphala in the morning.
today when he was doing the eye excercises with me he complained of headache...just lasted a short while till he washed his eyes...maybe due to his straining the eyes while doing it.

--

November 7 2008
If it is first day of eye exercise there will be headache. Should not overdo. Slowly increase the count of repetitions. Maximum permitted each repetition is 15 times.

--

November 8 2008
thanks will keep that in mind!

Re:myopia in kids By: krdeepu
Doha

November 9 2008
Please check the following on the Internet:

ARABINDO SCHOOL FOR PERFECT EYE SIGHT,
CONVENT ROAD,
VANCHIYOOR P.O.
TRIVANDRUM - 695035
KERALA, INDIA
Voice: +91 471 2477730, 2475762
Fax: +91 471 2477250 Email: info@perfecteye.net

They have branches at other locations in India as well

Deepu

November 10 2008
thanks..have you had/ know of any experience with them?

Re:myopia in kids By: krdeepu
Doha

November 10 2008
Yes; friends and relatives; kids and teens.

The regimen involves doing three days of eye exercises at the establishment (will need to stay in a hotel) and thenceforth continuing on your own, if I remember rightly.

Charges are very nominal.

There are some 3-star hotels near the secretariat, which are conveniently located, if you are considering treatment at Trivandrum.

Deepu

November 11 2008
thanks for the information!

For Udaya: Re:myopia in kids By: vyushti

August 13 2009
dear Udaya,
catching up on this after a really long time.
i had followed the routine you had suggested once...then there have been gaps, also inconsistency in eye-excercises as they are repititive.
the present condition is myopia has progressed a little more.
physically: he hasnt had constipation problem since many months now, there has been accumulation of fat around abdominal region. sweats a lot many times the back of the head is wet.
as before he is a sensitive child, hates being talked to loudly or screamed at, some time back he was bullied by some older kids though he didnt fall into their trap he didnt even share it at home (got into a shell), we got to know only when we saw big vruise marks on him. loves doing things that interest him like reading, music, games...without bothering others or being bothered by them. always has interesting stories to tell in the class.
memory is razor sharp so is intelligence,
still hates milk or its smell even at a distance, loves greens and fruits and juices, loves boiled eggs(only in that form).
how can i help him to bring down the myopic progression.
please let me know.
eagerly awaiting for your advice.
thanks
vyushti

--

August 13 2009
Dear Vyushti,
I was just remembering your son only a day ago, that | have not heard anything much from you after that prescription. Well the symptoms you have mentioned clearly indicates Calcaria Carb 200. Straight away put him on to that medicine a dose each day. You also give him these two medicines. Thuja 1 M one dose and Natrum Mur 1M three doses

No medicines on the day on which Thuja is given, Natrum Mur can be given in three days watching each days symptoms and how he is feeling. Thereafter continue with Calcaria 200 one dose a day. We will look for further specific medicines for progressive myopia thereafter. I am expecting him to like milk and other stuff after these medicines and to come out of the shell after Natrum Mur. Calcaria Carb incidentally loves eggs, sweats heavily on head and have fat around the abdomen. I hope that explains my prescription, though I am expected more from Thuja. with best wishes.

--

August 14 2009
thanks udaya...i will follow the dosage in pill form a dose a day, as...
day 1 thuja 1M (24 hour gap between thuja and nat.mur)
days 2, 3, 4, nat mur 1M
days 5...calcarea carb200 (for how many days)
what is the role of thuja in this case?

he is a very happy child, shares easily, its only when he is hurt by others he goes into a shell, yet doesnt bear of grudge against those who hurt him.
loves to talk on any subject under the sun, and read in depth on subjects that interest him (like recently i was reading about crop circles...and he was so fascinated that he has researched that topic!). what i mean is things are not a passing fancy with him, like other kids his age, he enjoys it...mentally he is way way ahead of his peers as per his teachers, emotional reactions are also far more mature than the usual kiddish behavior that one sees around.
milk he takes only if it is camouflaged as strong tea or coffee, no plain curd also.
has to be pushed a little for physical excercise, but if he sets his mind to it...he takes it as challenge and gives it his best shot.
in the course of the medication if he starts liking milk...that will be an added bonus though myopia is my major concern!

Re:myopia in kids By: garcot
Bangalore

August 14 2009
He will start Liking the milk after Calc.carb ( tri-miasmatic) and Nat.Mur ( tri-miasmatic). Does he have eye pains? Since you have mentioned he likes green vegetables, there is no dearth of Calcium and magnesium consumption, though proper assimilation problem could be there ( which is true for most of us!)

Please read also about Sulphur, Pulsatilla, Phos, Tuberculinum ( Calcarea carb covers this). All the medicines have a tri-miasmatic background and should remove many of the tendencies and will help young children get life long protection. They all have a connection to milk ( fat and calcium assimilation problems).

Best
Garcot

"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

--

August 14 2009
Dear Vyushti,
The role of Thuja is to remove the ill effects of vaccination and to remove the miasmetic defects. If that is not done, any symptomatic medication will only give you partial results or temporary results or no results. Thuja is the only saviour for us against the vaccination ill effects which is madly haunting all our childrens. Almost every child is now born with these problems in some degree or the other. Did he take Gelsemium or Anacardium, which I had probably prescribed earlier?
The Calcaria Carb need be continued only to the point when his excessive sweating is stopped in normal child and until he becomes normal in weight in obese children.

With best wishes.

--

August 14 2009
he is around 30kgs with a height of 4ft 3.5inches age is 7.5yrs+, most of the flab is around the belly, not so much all around.
i had given him gelsemium (almost8/9 months back) never anarcadium.
will start on his med asap (thuja 1m will be able to get only on monday). the other two i hv already got,
all in pill form. can get the liquid if that is better.
best regards

Re:myopia in kids By: lal_anar

August 14 2009
vyushti,

there are so many experts here who gave remedy advices to me also. no offense to them, but, u really do not need any remedy for myopia. its simply decreasing eye power and kid at this time need glasses or contacts. its perfectly normal for kids to have glasses / contacts at this age. no need to worry abt if ur kid now getting glasses or contacts. myself who use glasses and contacts or anyone around you either kids or adults, male or female, if they have glasses or contacts, it means they all have myopia.
If u think that at this age ur kid has decreased power and within next few years power goes down again and keep going down and make kid blind. If u think this way, than it completely wrong. its time for ur kid to have eye glasses or contacts.

Bangalore

August 14 2009
lal,

What you say makes sense, when there is a family history of use of glasses either from their young age or at a middle age. What do you make out, when we have parents and grand parents who have not worn glasses till about 40+ and here is my child who is told needs glasses at 2 or 3 years of age.

No, me in the position of vyushti ( if there is no family background) would certainly explore for a while, alternatives, before accepting the reality if there is one.

I just spoke my mind like the way you did. No offense please.

Best
Garcot

Re:myopia in kids By: lal_anar

August 14 2009
no Garcot, i don't feel any offense. You r correct. My grandmother got her glasses for reading when she was 50 +. My father and my mother got their first glasses also 50 +. Myself got glasses when I was 18. None of my other sister and brother use glasses. My cousin got his first glasses when he was 9. It was the time in 70's. Contacts were not common that time.
For Vyushti, all I want him/her to throw the fear ( my guess if there is any ) that kid will loose eyesight when he gets older. Its not true. Try the remedies given you by experts here, I don't see any harm in trying. If any remedy brings the power 20/20, homeopathy does helps where allopathy gives up. But, please do not avoid getting glasses or contacts. Not having glasses or contacts and keep trying remedies will not help.

Bangalore

August 14 2009
Yes, Lal . This is where the beauty of nature lies. That's what makes life wonderful too and a great learning experience on this planet.

Warm regards
Garcot

Page 1 of 7
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.