Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Ammonium Carbonicum
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Dark circles under the eyes
Started by: girilal at July 5 2008

Replies: 26 & Views: 24104    Font    Page 1 of 2  Goto page 1, 2  Next          Reply

Dark circles under the eyes By: girilal
New Jersey USA

July 5 2008
Researches show that dark circles under the eyes is due to the leaking blood capillaries near the skin. Red blood cells get broken up and oxidized because they are near the skin and are in contact with the environment. When red blood cells are broken, they become blue and black.

It is just like a hemorrhage after injury but without an injury. To treat dark circles, one must account the mechanism behind dark circles.

girilal

Re:Dark circles under the eyes By: gavinimurthy

July 5 2008
Excessive masturbation is one definite cause.

Many of the patients who have these dark patches below their eyes agree to it although sheepishly. Smile

Murthy

Re:Dark circles under the eyes By: girilal
New Jersey USA

July 5 2008
Yes it could be one of the cause, probably any unnatural stress upon the body in general or on eyes also could be the cause.

Most homeopaths prescribe Phosphoric Acid for dark circles under the eyes, I doubt if it is an appropriate medicine. Any excess of Phosphoric acid never gives dark circles under the eyes.

Or may be they think excessive sexual activity in a person so they just jump to the conclusion and prescribe it.

I started this post to discuss upon it. I think Arnica, Belladonna, and Snake remedies should be evaluated.

girilal

Re: Dark circles under the eyes By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

July 6 2008
Girilal

I am glad that you mentioned Arnica as a remedy that can be used to clear this problem.

Please visit "Arnica the Miracle Remedy -- Case Records" on http://www.homeopathyandmore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=236&highlight=arnica

I have recorded that Arnica 6c in the wet dose taken 3 times daily will clear the dark circles by helping to disperse the stagnant blood around the eyes. This usually occurs in under 48 hours.

Joe

New Jersey USA

July 6 2008
Dear Joe

Looking at the mechanism of dark circle formation -- Arnica is number one medicine to treat this problem.

girilal

Re:Dark circles under the eyes By: udaya kumar
--

July 6 2008
Dear Girilal,

Nice that you started this thread. I feel it a bit differently. Certainly what you said is a major reason. I will tell you why, I had a serious hit by a cricket ball just above the eyes. I took Arnica for the injury and continued with it. It was one year ago. I had eight stitches there because I was so silly that I was on Silly point, when a sixer was hit on my face. The Arnica helped a fast healing then the blood started oozing down under the skin towards the eyes and down below the eyes where it spread to a vast area. In a days time it turned from red to black but Arnica completely removed it and I could see the capacity of Arnica to dry up blood at unwanted places. This helps in Cerbral thrombosis and in heart attacks. Blood clots are removed by Arnica perhaps by this power.

Now, talking about the black circle around the eyes, there are too many reasons. You can see it with those in depression. You can see it in the case of worms in the stomach. You can see it there when some body punches on your eyes (here arnica).You can see it there if you don't sleep for three four days. In acid Phos it is blue rings around the eyes. Badiaga, Bismuthium also has blueness under the eyes. Certainly in Bismuthium the cause is stomach. I will consider these as cyanosis. and possibly the origin is heart or breast in women. In china it can be ascribed to anaemia. Same as in the case of Leukemia.

In nervous tension and stress also dark circles appear around the eyes. I would give them phosphorus. If you have eye strains from studies or stiching like shades do appear-Ruta G clears it. I think therefore, attributing it to one reason of rupture of blood capillary fibers seems inaccurate conclusion. Even those who have blood loss by bleeding piles, abortion, menopausal menorrhagia, also develop darkness around eyes. In such cases no pressure should come on to the capillaris and its rupture cannot happen. I hope you agree.

--

--

July 6 2008
Dear Girilal,

Nice that you started this thread. I feel it a bit differently. Certainly what you said is a major reason. I will tell you why, I had a serious hit by a cricket ball just above the eyes. I took Arnica for the injury and continued with it. It was one year ago. I had eight stitches there because I was so silly that I was on Silly point, when a sixer was hit on my face. The Arnica helped a fast healing then the blood started oozing down under the skin towards the eyes and down below the eyes where it spread to a vast area. In a days time it turned from red to black but Arnica completely removed it and I could see the capacity of Arnica to dry up blood at unwanted places. This helps in Cerbral thrombosis and in heart attacks. Blood clots are removed by Arnica perhaps by this power.

Now, talking about the black circle around the eyes, there are too many reasons. You can see it with a depression in the case of worms in the stomach.n You can see it there when some body punches on your eyes (here arnica).
You can see it there if you don't sleep for three four days. In acid Phos it is blue rings around the eyes. Badiaga, Bismuthium also has blueness under the eyes. Certainly in Bismuthium the cause is stomach. I will consider these as cyanosis. and possibly the origin is heart or breast in women. In china it can be ascribed to anaemia. Same as in the case of Leukemia.
In nervous tension and stress also dark circles appear around the eyes. I would give them phosphorus. If you have eye strains from studies or stiching like shades do appear-Ruta G clears it. I think therefore, attributing it to one reason of rupture of blood capillary fibers seems inaccurate conclusion. Even those who have blood loss by bleeding piles, abortion, menopausal menorrhagia, also develop darkness around eyes. In such cases no pressure should come on to the capillaris and its rupture cannot happen. I hope you agree.

--

New Jersey USA

July 6 2008
Thanks Udaya, you made my day.

girilal

Re:Dark circles under the eyes By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

July 7 2008
Udaya,

What potency of Arnica did you use after your accident ? And do you remember how long it took for your wound to heal ?

I presume you used the dry pellets.

Joe

Re:Dark circles under the eyes By: gavinimurthy

July 7 2008
Ledum pal will clear the problem of eye blackness after injury quicker than Arnica.

Nash

Ecchymosis; "black eye" from a blow or contusion; better than Arnica.

We must not leave this remedy without calling attention to its virtues as a remedy for injuries. We are apt to think of Arnica first, for bruises and the results therefrom, and, on account of its well deserved reputation, to forget that there are sometimes other remedies equally valuable. Ledum sometimes comes in to finish up a work that Arnica began well, but could not complete, even when Arnica was best at first, for it often removes the ecchymosis and discoloration more rapidly and perfectly. For black and blue spots from blows or bruises there is no better remedy than Ledum.

Then, again, we have Sulphuric acid, which is very useful in ecchymosis from the same cause, especially if occurring in cachectic or weakened constitutions, with tendency to purpura, or breaking down of the blood. This pathological condition would be attended with the characteristic symptoms of the drug. We often have ecchymosis into the conjunctiva or sclerotica, for which Nux vomica is specific, but for "black eye" from a blow of the fist no remedy equals Ledum in the 2c potency.

Note: You may not be able to get 2C. Use 6C instead.

Murthy

--

July 7 2008
Dear Joe,

I always use 30 potency for fresh wounds and 200 potency in very old cases. I used 30 potency in this case also. I don't think it took more than 4 days to fully heal. When I went for removing the stitches it was a perfect heal. Next time when I went to that doctor that was almost six months after the incident, he was surprised see that the colour of the wound area blended so nicely with the skin colour that it was almost difficult to think that a wound existed there. I took a scan after three days to rule out subdurral haemotoma and subcranial haematoma and came out clear. The doctor in that hospital told me never show your face here again, you are perfectly ok. No exaggerations! with regards.

--

--

July 7 2008
I agree to differ here a bit Gavini. My experience is that for bruises and open wounds applying tincture of Ledum directly has been found miraculous in most of the cases except one or two cases the wound was on a wound which had underlying maladies and therefore took time to heal. In bruises the healing of ledum is over night. And in surface skin level bruises, there was amazingly no sign of wound or scar within a day or two.

As far Arnica is concerned the matter is different. Wherever blood is concerned, Arnica is first, wherever shock is concerned arnica is first wherever internal injury is concerned Arnica is first. In black eye also it is Arnica to start with as it always involves a shock. In accidents, in hit on eyes or vital organs without removing the shock if you treat the patient, the shock will remain for long time in life. But if you instantly give Arnica, there is a miraculous recovery from the shock within minutes and the patient would start talking like normal whatever be seriousness of the accident.

Whereas in Ledum Pal the area of action is flesh. In contusion to correct the ruptures, injuries to ligaments and tendons. It is always complementary to Arnica I have no doubts about that. But since in my case there was neither a contusion or a concussion on that spot of the eye but involved only internal bleeding, only Arnica was found necessary. Black eye case is different as in that there is always a blow involved. and therefore ledum would follow.
I hope this helps. with regards udaya..

--

Re:Dark circles under the eyes By: serenity2906
New Delhi, India

May 15 2009
Here we are talking of Ledum to be applied externally or taking it internally. And on skin eruptions where there is bleeding and pus Ledum can be used to heal the same overnight? As you said that Arnica was so effective that Doctor could not make out whether there was any wound ever on your eye. In that case can it be understood that Arnica helps in healing of scars also?

--

May 15 2009
Ledum internally at 30Cpotency. Ledum is used external on open wounds immediately after the wound without washing it even at Q(mother tincture) potency. Ledum is a good germicide and washing aspect would be taken care of by it unless there are dirts and debris of something involved with the wound.
ii. The wound was not on my eyes it was over the eyebrows. Prima facie that is what was indicated that Arnica did help in milding out and blending the scars. The scars are still there but it is so blended that it is not visible from short distance even unless you specifically look for it. Ledum also have the same capacity applied locally.

--

Re Strech marks after delivery By: Dr R.K.Khatri
Mumbai, India

May 16 2009
Dear Forum Member,

Please suggest some homeo medicine

for strech marks after delivery of baby.

Regards

Dr R.K.Khatri

Dr In Naturopathy

Re:Dark circles under the eyes By: akanshag
India

May 20 2009
Dear Udaya,
I read details of medicine prescribed by you, but could not find medicine for my self. I have dark circles under my eyes. I do not know the reason behind it. I am not anaemic, atleast not now but yes these dark circles grew after child-birth. No dipressions or mental tension in particular. Although I work on computer for long hours.
Please suggest some remedy for my problem

Please advise me

--

May 20 2009
Have you had any ultrasound for your abdomen. Do you have problems with eating rich food/oily, samosas etc. What is menstrual situation. Sleeping latecn cause dark circles around the eyes. Since there are too many reaons, it is is not possible to arrive at a medicine with one or two symptoms. Worms are a leading cause. Those who have gall blader stones or any malady in splean can also be have dak circles.
Check the following medicinesL
Acid Phosphoricum, Beribeis Vulgaris (stone in kidny or gall bladder), Bismuthium (connected with liver an stomach), China Officianalis (Loss of vital fluids, symptoms connected wih liver, sunken eyes, after affects of ailments like malaria, antibiotics),
Cina (Strong worm symptoms), Digitalis (connected with blood circulation and heart), Phosphorus (Nervousness and tension), Sepia (female symptoms relted to uerus, ovaries etc. prominent. Face would be pale yellow). Sulphur (worm symptoms), Arnica (Trauma). Please check from Boericke materia medica which medicine suits you best,.

--

India

May 21 2009
Dear Udaya,
I always have serious gastric disorder after having oily or protien rich food. specially if I have eggs or chana or something fried at night, I have serious gastric disorder which results in lot of pain in chest , stomach even ears at . sometimes. Menstrual situation is fine. I do not have gall blader stones or any malady in splean . Worms although I am not sure. I didn't take any preventive medicine for long. I don't sleep very late at night nor mally between 10:30 to 11

Please advise me

Re:Dark circles under the eyes By: garcot
Bangalore

May 21 2009
Do you take antacids regularly?

rgds
Garcot

"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

India

May 21 2009
I take antacids though not regularly frequently as and when I feel there is a trouble

Please advise me

--

May 21 2009
Replace antacids with Pulsatilla.30 one dose as and when you feel that problem. Use Argentum nitricum 30 a single dose and let me know your benefits. Did you do an ultrasound before to know whether there is a gall stone or not. please say yes or no.

--

India

May 21 2009
No I never underwent any ultrasound .

Please advise me

--

May 21 2009
How old are you? If you are above 35, the symptoms are indicative of a gall bladder stone/fatty liver. It is upto you whether you want to confirm it by an ultra sound, or look for gastric/deodenal ulcers.

--

Re:Dark circles under the eyes By: sharonbaker
united states

July 27 2011
Use Almond oil under eyes before going for a sleep... It will be effective surly... http://www.raymeds.com/

Re:Dark circles under the eyes By: jamescharls123
new york

February 23 2012
Many times an unhealthy diet also causes dark circles under eyes. So itís always better to take a healthy diet daily, which may include fruits, green vegetables and juice.

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.