Aquilegia Vulgaris
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Chicken Pox
Started by: kochidr at May 20 2008

Replies: 14 & Views: 7344    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

Chicken Pox By: kochidr

May 20 2008
Does any one know any mother tincture used during chicken pox.

One of my frined's who got chicken pox recently is taking homoeopathic
medicine. And also the eruptions have dried up faster than normal.

I checked but have not seen any references on this.

Re: Chicken Pox By: udaya kumar
--

May 20 2008
Dr. Kochi.,
Traditionally no medicine is to be administered for chicken pox. The idea seems that all eruptions should come out completely so that no dorment germs remain in the body. Suffering through the disease is believed to allow oneself to emerge stronger after the disease. Back home, coconut water is given for drinking, (if you are from Cochin) and Dhaniya(Coriandrum Sativum) extracts are instilled into the eyes. Fasting is done to raise the resistance power of the body. Of late, medicines are being used in conventional medicine system as well as in homeopathy. Variolinum 200 is advised by some doctors at the beginning of the disease. Calcaria Phos, Rhus Tox, Bryonia etc. are used by some others.

My experience with the disease was very simple. Thirty five years ago when I was afflicted I took no medicine. I went to my private gym and had my regular workout throughout the disease. It took four or five days to clear up. I was doing regular exercise even at the high fever stages. Normal foods were taken. Only thing I observed was quarantine so that it do not spread to others.

In a recent case, my daughter called me to say that she was not feeling well. From the symptoms I asked her to take one dose of Rhus Tox 1M in globules. She was delirious with severe headache throughout the night. By the morning I reached her and found that she had chicken pox,only one single eruption had come out on neck. I immediately isolated her from the hostel and brought her back home. She was not given any medicines except three doses of arsenic album for burning and upset stomach, apart from Rhus Tox already given. After the first dose of Arsenic Album 30 she did not have any discomforts even, there was no high fever, no headache or any other symptoms except all the eruptions came out and she was ok within 3 days. And she went back fully cured on 7th day. There was almost no scars. I asked her not to read her books during the course of the disease and to take a dose or two gelsemium if she feels the eyes are weak. It seems that Rhus Tox had taken care of that aspect too, so she did not take Gelsemium.

This information should not be substituted for a medical advice. Cases of Chicken Pox should be treated under proper advise presenting before qualified doctors.

with regards.

--

Re: Chicken Pox By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

May 21 2008
I would like to record my experience with Chicken Pox I contracted in the early 60's.

The blisters appear on the skin after about 6 hours of incubation when the skin is first itchy followed by a little reddish discolouration which soon forms into a little blister with a white cap. As soon as I noticed the white pustule formation I squeezed it to release the pus and applied an antibiotic ointment (Polyfax) which I massaged into it. This seemed to stop the pus loaded with the virus and bacteria from infecting the lower layers of the skin which seemed to cause the familiar black pock mark. I treated the temperature with analgesics and used Disprin and Panadol alternatively 3 times daily. I must mention here that at that time I had not been converted to Homeopathy as I would otherwise have used Oscillococinum or Belladonna both in the 200c potency.

I soaked my skin under a warm shower which I would have about 5 times daily usually after the analgesic when the temperature would drop. I ate my normal light diet and as there was some prejudice that pork products should not be consumed while harbouring this virus, I ate ham, bacon and pork to verify if this was correct and discovered that it was not. I drank large quantities of liquids especially King Coconut water as this is loaded with essential salts which also help as a diuretic.

I was checked by a doctor who is a close friend of mine daily as he feared that my therapy could result in some other infection which did not however occur. I did not count the number of pustules on my body but I had them throughout my skin spaced out about every 10 cm apart. My face and nose had about 20 lesions but there was no infection or deep scarring as a result of the therapy that I used. I did permit a few lesions on my leg to go untreated to see how they would scar the body and as expected, they left deep scars on the skin which are faintly visible even today. All the lesions that were treated dried up within a day or two, leaving no scars whatever.

I am merely recording my therapy for the benefit of others but would not like to take any responsibility for the use of antibiotic ointment in the manner that I used it as this is usually frowned upon by the medical profession today for reasons I cannot understand.

I was back in my office on the 12th day and surprised everyone with my appearance without a trace of the usual black spots which on a fair skin are usually visible for months after Chicken Pox.

Re: Chicken Pox By: HomeoEnthusiast
-India-

May 21 2008
When I contracted Chicken Pox 10 years ago, my ayurvedic physician suggested drinking water boiled (& cooled naturally) with Coriander seeds (dhania / malli). He also suggested washing the eyes with the same water. Reading, watching TV (any form of eye strain) was a strict NO NO. I did not take any medicines. I was up in around 7 days.

(It is also a traditional practice to keep a bunch of neem leaves and fanning / gently stroking with it when you feel like scratching. Please avoid scratching as it can leave marks on your skin. No external applications will be mandated in the normal course.)

All this is again for information only and not in anyway a substitute for medical advice.
-rams

Chicken Pox By: kochidr

May 21 2008
I am practising homoeopathy being a beginner do have lack of experience.

i am not able to figure out what mother tinture is my friend taking.

My first exposure to chicken pox was during my rural intenship - that also on the first day of posting there. Only on the third day i realised i too can get as i had not taken preventive, immediately i took Variolinum 2 dose for 3 days but on 3rd day i got 2 eruptions on my shoulder, did not have any fever but have sever headache for 24 hrs and thinking it is chickenpox i took a day leave - but no other eruptions came nor there was other discomfort. That episode was over there.

During the next season i thought i wont take any preventive for my self and allowed my self to get chickenpox - on the 5th day of exposure i got the attack but there was no fever no weakness, no headache, first eruption was on chest and neck and only after 48 hrs other eruptions came out, only on 3rd day i got mild fever. I took one dose of Sulphur 200 after a few hrs of the first eruption ( as i was not sure of getting attack - i did not know how long variolinum will act or help in prevention )
I took Kali Mur 6x. As i was confined to my room had not access to medicines. My mom was very particular that she wont give me food with salt or oil so i was just on water for 4 days. Later did have one or 2 dry chappati per day. As result i lost some 10 kg in that 2 week period. I was very unhappy that i was not able to cut short the attack.

I had give my friend who i referred earlier Variolinum 200 ( when she was carrying - and it was chickenpox season, she was working and also was told to take rubella vaccination). This was during her short visit to India 2 and half yrs ago. Now when she has got the attack - she too as not get fever other than many many eruptions, No headache, no itching. First 2 days did feel bit of weakness.
When the eruptions start to dry out - i give my patients Thuja 1m one or 2 dose and they dont get any marks.
Unfortunately i was not able to take Thuja on time - i do have the marks till now after one and half yrs.

Re: Chicken Pox By: udaya kumar
--

May 21 2008
Yes. it is Dhania (Coriandrum Sativum) and not Keezharnelli(Phylantus Fratemus). I am editing my post above. Thanks Homeo enthusiast.

Antim Tart and Rhus Tox are prescribed as preventives by Dr. Mackenzie, quoted by J.N. Singhal, while Dr. Khaneja prescribes Variolinum 200 to cut short the disease followed by Antim Tart and ending in Variolinum 200 to remove the scars.

The information should not be substituted with a proper medical advise from a qualified doctor.

--

Re:Chicken Pox By: tarak biswas

November 23 2011
what precaution we need to avoid this disease

Re: Chicken Pox By: tarak biswas

November 23 2011

November 23 2011
what precaution we need to avoid this disease?

Re:Chicken Pox By: udaya kumar
--

November 23 2011
Allow it to come, and suffer through it, so that your body is rid of toxins for all your future to live without ailments. It is a boon. That is how I look at chicken pox..;...... stopping chicken pox is the biggest blunder human beings can do........

--

November 23 2011
what are the symptom ?

November 23 2011
what should we eat when affected?

--

November 23 2011
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002559/
http://www.google.co.in/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1147&bih=574&q=chicken+pox&gbv=2&oq=chicken+pox&aq=f&aqi=g4g-s1g2g-s1g2&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=2064l4261l0l5092l11l9l0l1l1l0l203l855l4.3.1l8l0

--

November 23 2011
Can yoga cure this disease?

--

November 23 2011
To my mind, I would not consider it a disease. It is body's defense mechanism at its best and a chance once in life for body to detox naturally. What one need is rest and allow the body to do its work. To see that the fever, and other problems do not go beyond certain limits. One should consult doctor and be under his supervision. Yoga to my understanding should aggravate it because it strengthens the body defense mechanism and therefore, the expulsion of toxins would be much more than otherwise. That condition to a normal human mind would be a serious condition and disease, and the person who undergo such rigorous expulsion of toxins through eruptions on the body will pose a horryfying sight and chances of panic would be there. The headache and fever may become intolerable. Eruptions in eyes could be possibility which is not asked for. It would be advised not to do yoga during chicken pox or ailments where centrifugal function of the body is at work. That is, where body throw out through skin what is unwanted within alongwith heat /fever, blisters, eruptions etc. the very fact that Chicken pox unless it is scratched, will not leave any scar is a perfect example of perfect cure. A would healing without scar is a perfect heal, rest all are suppressions.

--

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.