Copper 0.815 mg 40%
Manganese 4.289 mg 214%
Selenium 17.1 mcg 24%

Fats %DV
Total Fat 13.81 mg 21%
Saturated Fat 2.237 mg 11%
Monounsaturated Fat 5.551 mg ~
Polyunsaturated Fat 2.557 mg ~

As we can see it has a wonderful balance of many minerals which are vital for Living. Yes, we cannot eat 100 gm in a day as it has managanese and iron in excess. Thus it becomes a wonderful supplement of for people who are anemic. But Curry Leaves alongwith Coriander leaves and a few fruits and Leafy vegetables will take care of our body like a mother taking care of a baby.

Please drop in your comments and experiences with curry leaves powder, which is famous in India for its aroma and taste when eaten alongwith boiled rice and ghee or sesame oil.

Rgds
Garcot

"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

Re: Fresh Curry Leaves/powder - Nutritional Power House By: garcot
Bangalore

April 15 2008
Dear All,

Curry leaves improve functioning of the stomach and small intestine and promote their action. They improve the quality of digestive juices secreted during digestion. Their action starts with intake. Their smell, taste and visual impression initiates salivary secretion and initiates the peristaltic wave, which is the first step in good digestion. They are mildly laxative and thus can tackle multiple digestive problems caused by food intake. They are directly added to food or an extract in the form of juice is added to buttermilk and consumed at the end of lunch/dinner. In case of a digestive upset, buttermilk enriched with the paste of curry leaves, common salt and cumin seed powder is recommended. This combination is also useful in problems such as loss of appetite, tastelessness of mouth as in case of fever etc. where food intake is a problem. Curry leaves are one of the important ingredients of herbal tonics and are parallel to digestive enzymatic tonics in allopathy.

A paste of these leaves with limejuice and honey/sugar/crystal sugar powder is a time-tested medicine in the treatment of hyperemesis graviderum. Nausea, dry vomiting, vomiting and food intolerance are few other conditions where this paste is used as a remedy. Curry leaves have some role in the treatment of diarrhea, dysentery and idiopathic loose motions though they are not antidiarrheal in the true sense. Fresh juice/ a paste of fresh leaves/a teaspoonful of powdered dried leaves /a mixture of curry leaves, coriander, mint leaves, etc. is a commonly known home made remedy.

Certain ayurvedic research says that curry leaves have some role in controlling non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. People with DM due to obesity or heredity should try this treatment. A paste of about 8 to 10 fresh, fully-grown curry leaves is to be taken on an empty stomach in the morning for a minimum of 3 months for desired results. Many people have also reported weight loss, which is an additional benefit in diabetic people.

Reference: http://www.nzhealth.net.nz/herbs/curryleaf.shtml

Regards
Garcot

Re: Fresh Curry Leaves/powder - Nutritional Power House By: udaya kumar
--

April 15 2008
Dear Garcot,

"Yes, we cannot eat 100 gm in a day as it has managanese and iron in excess."

here is a recipe:

1. Curry Patta leaves : 100 gms
2. Onion -1
3. Grated fresh coconut - 10 gms
4. Chilli - 2 Nos.
5. Turmeric - To taste
6. Salt - to Taste.
7. Cooking oil - one tablespoon.
8. Mustard - one pinch.
9. Coriander leaves - to taste

Mix cleaned and carefully cut curry patta
leaves with cut chilies, cut onion , turmeric, and grated cococunt and keep it separate.
In a fry pan on medium flame, put oil. When oil becomes hot put the mustard. After mustard has made all those sounds, add the mixture of curry patta in the pan, keep it cooking/frying for three four minutes while occasionally using a spoon to mix it.Add coriander to taste and supplement. You have a delicious, daily eatable subji for your chappatis and rice. It has all those elements intact and the Iron and Manganese will not disturb you. I hope you enjoy it, as I always does. with best wishes.

--

Bangalore

April 17 2008
Here is an update:

I have tried potentising curry Leaves upto 6c yesterday and administered a couple of doses on my body system. It has been found to help the body, feel very relaxed, calm and improves the quality of sleep. As a bonus, I had a lingering cough, which seems to have also almost gone.

My recommendation: It can be used as a great tonic, at about 2X to 3X potencies to rejunevate ourselves and higher potencies for better food absorption, and so better digestion and hence helping prevent many diseases which starts with poor assimilation.

Girilal's Protocol for making remedies at home is adopted and juice of the leaves was used itself as the tincture without alcohol.

Rgds
Garcot

Re: Fresh Curry Leaves/powder - Nutritional Power House By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

April 17 2008
I am glad to note that you have experimented with Curry Leaves and discovered that it helps you to feel relaxed and also improves sleep.

Please keep experimenting with other subjects for other ailments and it would be interesting to get their response to this experimental use which I hope you will report on this Forum.

Bangalore

April 17 2008
Dear Joe,

Thanks for your encouragement. I believe, more like minded people should come forward to try such experiments. After all, at potencies of 1X or 2X we are not going to experience severe aggravations. Ofcourse, I aggravate even with Ferrum Phos 6X, but that is just an exception. Ofcourse 1X or 2X works differently from 6X.

You won't believe, When started eating excess cashews, I started proving the symptoms of Cuprum Met. But quickly when nutrition data on cashew was checked, it is very very rich in copper! so potentised Cashew once to about 6c and noticed all the symptoms disappearing after the 1st dose itself.

Rgds
Garcot

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.