Fucus Vesiculosus
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

SMOKING, ALCOHOL INTERFERE WITH HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT
Started by: PAT2006MPW at February 26 2008

Replies: 13 & Views: 6569    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

SMOKING, ALCOHOL INTERFERE WITH HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT By: PAT2006MPW

February 26 2008
Apparently, some people believe that allopathic/prescription medications can interfere or delay homeopathic treatment.

In your experience, does smoking and alcoholic drinks do the same?

What about chocolate as in Valentine's candy?

Re: SMOKING, ALCOHOL INTERFERE WITH HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT By: gavinimurthy

February 27 2008
Alcohol in moderate quantities and smoking won't antidote homeopathic remedies.Period.

Anything you take on a daily basis won't antidote homeopathic remedies. That includes food items.

The only things that will antodote homeopathic remedies are strong odors and heat.

always remember

No odors on you (perfumes etc), near you (in the room sprays etc) and in your mouth while taking the medicine.

There are some specific things to be avoided with some specific medicines. Some examples... Bathing with cold water is to be avoided while on Rhustox, raw onions are to be avoided while on Thuja and Oysters are to be avoided while on Lyco.

The scare of antidoting is thrown in the minds of people just to cover up in case the medicine given fails. You can always say that Nat.phos failed to work because you have eaten Bacon. Smile

Murthy

Re: SMOKING, ALCOHOL INTERFERE WITH HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT By: PAT2006MPW

February 27 2008
I'm not referring to antidoting.

I'm referring to the effectiveness of homeopathic treatment as a whole.

Let's say you have two patients one smokes and the other does not and they are the same age, can they expect similiar results?

What if you have two patients of a significant age difference one smokes and the other one does not?

Is it more challenging to treat a patient who takes prescription medications, smokes and drinks alcohol than one who does not?

Murthy
In my own personal experience preserved meats do antidote kali phos 30c which I take (2 sips) every 1-3 months. Usually every 3 months. I can't expect Kali Phos 30c (two small sips) to carry me for three months without avoiding preserved meats.

I AGREE THAT OFTEN EXCUSES ARE MADE UP TO COVER UP THE FACT THAT THE PRESCRIPTION OR THE HOMEOPATH IS FAILING.

February 27 2008
The overall efficacy of homeopathy will be same on a person who smokes verses who doesn't smoke, if you keep aside the other likely complications associated with smoking.

Same thing applies to alcohol too. Hahn. was a pipe smoker and he never abandoned it, and he swears that smoking won't interfere with the effect of homeopathic medicines.

However it is good to stop smoking. What I am trying to impress upon is that even those who can't leave smoking can be helped by homeopathy.

Murthy

February 27 2008
Hi murthy,
thanks for replying.

Re: SMOKING, ALCOHOL INTERFERE WITH HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT By: udaya kumar
--

February 27 2008
Murthy are you impartial in your judgement?

What if you are taking a medicine for the malady caused due to smoking or drinking? Don't you think continued smoking and or drinking can certainly effect the recovery process?

Smoking suppresses many ailments? The moment you stop smoking they surfaces. And for those habitually drinking do not know even they are suffering from this or that ailment. Their faculty of cognizance had long back been abolished. I must say. with profound regards.,

--

February 27 2008
Hi Udaya

I have read in books that when alcoholics stop drinking, the emotional reasons that caused the alcoholism in the first place surface. It's like they are forced to confront or deal with their emotions that have accumulated for the past 20 or whatever years.

I didn't know that smoking caused a similar phenomena.

It certainly sounds like you have your beliefs in tact and like you are very well educated.

Murthy,
I don't mean to be rude or disrespectuful, I am only wondering if you're point of views about homeopathy aren't being muddled with your taking alcoholic drinks.

Don't mean to hurt your feelings.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

THANK YOU BOTH FOR YOUR REPLIES

February 28 2008
Hi Udaya and Pat

I am not encouraging people to drink and smoke. i am only telling that they have no effect on the efficacy of homeopathic medicines when taken in moderation.

It is obvious that if the ailments themselves are due to smoking and drinking, they must be stopped as homeoapthy always says that the exciting cause is to be removed.

I do drink once in a while but always in moderation. I think that an occassional drink doesn't affect my prescriptions as a homeopath. Smile

Murthy

--

February 28 2008
Laughing Laughing Laughing thank you gavini

--

Re: SMOKING, ALCOHOL INTERFERE WITH HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT By: garcot
Bangalore

February 28 2008
Then smoking and drinking if stopped is all that is necessary to heal oneself if that was the exciting cause Laughing

"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

February 29 2008
Maybe drinking and smoking need to be treated by the homeopath from the start. Laughing Laughing Laughing

--

February 29 2008
Yes. that is why many homeopaths including me suggests or give Nux Vomica before the start of medication. It has the power to remove the ill effects of drinking and smoking, tea, coffee and many antibiotics. Pulsatilla, Sulphur, Coffea are some other medicines that can be used with advantage.

--

February 29 2008
If you were a person who took many homeopathic medicines including off the shelf combinations some homeopaths start with Sepia as a routine.

Murthy

Re:SMOKING, ALCOHOL INTERFERE WITH HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT By: wehrsiglame@hotmail.com

August 7 2012
Human Parasites - How to Recognize and Eliminate the Parasites Affecting Your Weight and Health
It's disgusting but true, and it's probably affecting your familyright now:
A large majority of the American population is overweight and in declining healthnotbecause of overeating or a lack of exercise, but because they have parasites- worms!- living in their intestines and stomach. These disgusting creatures steal nutrition from the food you eat (so that your body never feels like it has had enough to eat) and they create a buildup of toxic plaque in your intestines.
You could go yourentire lifewithout ever realizing how much better you could feel, how much healthier you could be, and how much less you could weigh without these disgusting intruders ravaging your system. It's vital that you be aware of the 10 human parasites that most commonly infect the population, so that you can learn to effectively and safely get rid of them.
http://www.clinictime.net/How-to-Get-Rid-of-Pinworms.html

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.