Hornbeam [bach Flower Remedy]
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

NASAL POLYP AND CHRONIC SINUSITS
Started by: baskaran.ramamurthy at February 22 2008

Replies: 20 & Views: 5856    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

NASAL POLYP AND CHRONIC SINUSITS By: baskaran.ramamurthy

February 22 2008
My son has been suffering from nasal polyps and chronic sinusits since last few years for which had under gone surgery three years ago.
He had a throat infection a week ago for which I advised him to take Belladonna 30 in wet dose three times and Ferrum Phos two times a day and goggle the throat with salt water.
This did not not help him much and the infection became more intense. He had developed severe throat pain
hard cough and difficulty in swallowing .As we were traveling we carried only a few emergency medicines with us and asked him to take Nux Vomica which was readily available with us with us in our emergency kit This helped in controlling the severity of the problem to some extent and as we reached home I advised him to take Lachesis 30 three times a day in wet doses with Ferrum Phos and continue gooling the throat as he still had difficulty in Swallowing. After two days of medication he got over his throat problem .
Now he has a severe nose block due to sinus infection and bleeds when he has to blow up the nose . I have asked him to take Kali Bich 200 and Hepar suf 6c in wet doses twice daily
Please advise
Regards
Baskaran

Re: NASAL POLYP AND CHRONIC SINUSITS By: udaya kumar
--

February 22 2008
use phosphorus 30 single dose only for epistaxis on blowing nose.

--

Re: NASAL POLYP AND CHRONIC SINUSITS By: baskaran.ramamurthy

February 23 2008
Dr Udaya Kumar
Do I have to stop Kali Bich 200and Hepar 6cand give only one dose of Phosphorus
Incidentally I have taken my second dose of Ledum yesterday and I am feeling better
Thanks
Regards
Baskaran

--

February 23 2008
no you don't have to stop kali bich and hepar. kali bich helps in sinus and the blocked nose. but it has some special symptoms like yellow/green mucus. mucus thread like sticky and stretchable etc. hepar would help you with the throat and any abscess/eruptions which has to be brought out or dried up. In 6C it tends to suppurate. I prefer 30 or 200 where it dries them up from inside. Phosphorus has been prescribed for the immediate problem in hand i.e. nose bleeding. Phosphorus also abort polyps and oncoming tendency to catch cold and strengthens lung power. best wishes.

--

February 23 2008
Dr Udaya Kumar,
Thanks for your immediate reply.
Yes as you had anticipated the nasal discharge is Yellow, tough ,sticky and difficult to be removed.
If I have to give all the three remedies Kali Bich 200 Hepar 30 and Phosphorus 30 ,kindly advise how I can schedule them.
Regards
Baskaran

February 25 2008
Dr Udaya Kumar,
In the absence of any confirmation from you I have instructed my son to start with only Hepar Sulf 30 in wet doses three times a day for two dyas and take one dose of Phosphorus if tendncy to bleeding persists.. He is better now the phlegm comes out with ease and no bleeding noticed and hence Phosphorus was not given .
He still continues to have nose block due to polyp. Do we need to go for Higher potency Of Hepar Or change the remedy
Regards
Baskaran

--

February 25 2008
I thought I had confirmed in my post first line "No you don't have to stop Kali Bich and Hepar". Anyhow, which nostril has polyp left or right? How old is your son? Has he got constipation? Is there pain in the right eyebrow? Stop hepar Sulph continue with Kali Bich 200 one dose a day for three days only in globules. Use one dose of Phosphorus in a week at 30 potency. If the nose block is only in one nose i.e. right use one dose of pulsatilla.30. As the child to sleep on left side breathing through right nostrils if possible. Best wishes.

--

February 26 2008
My sons age is 30. He does not have constipation or pain in the eye brow. The block is in both the nostrisl. He does not smell even if there is no cold due to polyp. Of late he has been getting cold and nose block quite often . His throat gets hoarse as the fluid drops into his throat whenever he gets cold and becomes hoarse even with slightly high use of voice. I will advise hoim to take kalibich 200> should he take phosphorous 30 also immd?
Regards
Baskaran

Re: NASAL POLYP AND CHRONIC SINUSITS By: Dr.Haran ch malaker
Asia

February 26 2008
Dear Baskarn.Ramamurthy in my openion you have to stop recurrent catching cold tendency of your son and for that case Hepar Sulph is a good medicine you should give it in wet dosage in 200c potency twice daily morning and night in a alternate day with Thuja occi 200 only at bed time.If nose bleeding is seen stop these two medicine you can apply Phosphorus 1M 1dose at an interval of 15days.Above 2medicines will remain stop on the day of taking Phosphorus only.Wishes you the best,malaker

I like to exchange views over homeopathy as well as to get help from learned doctors of this forum.My motto is to help the distress.

--

February 26 2008
With due respect to Dr. Malaker.

Dear Bhaskaran,
Thanks for confirming the age. The scene changes with the age. I was treating a child.

I do not have much experience with wet doses, though I admire that concept because it is in conformity with the basic homeopathic principles of minimum dose, minimum medicine.

Since you have confirmed the leading symptoms for use of Kali Bich I had suggested you continue with Kali Bich. Other symptoms being loss of smell, hawking, inability to breathe through the nose, dryness, coryza with obstruction in the nose. sneezing. chronic inflammation of frontal sinus with stopped up sensation. Dropping from the posterior nares are covered under Kali Bich.

To stop Hepar Sulph does not mean that the medicine has stopped functioning. Hepar sulph is a medicine which gives quick results. And will continue to work inside the body towards cure. In case the symptoms so warrant, you can always repeat it.

TO CONTINUOUSLY ADMINISTER ONE DRUG FOR PROLONGED PERIOD IS NOT A HOMEOPATHIC CONCEPT. IN HOMEO CONTINUOUS USE OF MEDICINE DO NOT WORK TOWARDS CURE where as it is counterproductive. It is like striking a button on your keyboad when a site is opening; you will see that the whole process go back to square one. Similarly, when a second dose is administered in homeo infact, you are pushing the cure back by one step and restart again. On the other hand, Minimum medicine with reasonable wait and repetition if found necessary is more homeopathic and successful result oriented whether in dry pellets or wet doses.

Dr Malakar's prescription is very good, particularly with scycotic miasm, tendency to induration, and can be followed once the situation in hand is under control. Phosphorus will help in loss of voice. You can give it as SOS (for bleeding) or once in a while. The best remedy for polyp in nose is Sutra Neti. With best wishes.

--

February 26 2008
Dr Malakar/Dr Udaya Kumar,
On the very outset I am indeed very grateful to you all for your most valuable advise.
I shall follow the instructions given by you.
I need some more clarifications as to how long I should continue the remedy . Can I stop after three days ,wait to see the results or continue further.
I await your advise and in the meantime I will go ahead with the medication
Will post you regular updates
Regards
Baskaran

February 26 2008
Dr Malakar,
Further to my earlier post please correct me if I am wrong.By wet dose I understand two drops/globules dissolved in 500 ml water and one table spoon of the remedy after succession will make one wet dose
I await your advice
Regards
Baskaran

March 5 2008
Dr Malakar/Dr Udaya Kumar,,
My son has shown good progress after Hepar and Thuja as advised by you . He had an episode of nasal bleed in between and had taken one dose of Phosphorus as advised by you and is still continueing Hepar and Thuja .. Can I ask him to give break and continue the medicines if symptoms warrant
He had been advised by a friend who is not professional homeopath to take Arsenicum Bromatum in low potency for treatingPolyps

I seek your expert counselling
Regards
Baskaran

--

March 5 2008
I avoid as far as possible to prescribe Nosodes, Thuja, Sulphur in higher potencies in the forum. Thuja and Sulphur being centrifugal in its actions. If Hepar and Thuja Combination is giving your son benefit, it could be continued. No harm is giving a break. Arsenicum Bromatum is antisyphilitic, anti-psoric remedy. It is not a well proved remedy. It is also one of those remedies which I have not tested on my body. I normally do not suggest a medicine which I have not used on myself and found out how it acts on a normally healthy body and mind. The symptoms of Arsenic Bromatum are supportive to its use. Its influences are on herpetic eruptions, syphilitic excrescences, glandular tumors, and indurations, carcinoma, locomotor ataxia, obstinate intermittents, Acne rosacea, and diabtes. The person who advised you is seeing the patient and hence is in a better position to advise you. Arsenicum Bromatum is normally used in lower potencies. with best wishes.

--

March 5 2008
Dr Udaya Kumar,
Thank you very much for your timely advice. Regarding Arsenicum Bromatum I will abide by your sggestions.The person who sugggested the remedy is not a practitioner or a professional homeopath and hence I sought your expert advice
I followed the prescription of Dr Malakar only after I saw your concurrence vide your post dated 26 th Feb. I will stop the medication and start again after referring to you again
Regards
Baskarn

--

March 5 2008
No. Continue with the medicines which you are presently giving as long as it gives benefit to the patient. It is always the patient's response that is important. Kali bich can be added as it is a specific and known medicine for sinus as well as polyp of the air passages and you have confirmed its symptoms with the patient. best wishes.

--

March 5 2008
Dr Udaya Kumar,
Can I stop Thuja for sometime now and i start alternating with Hepar and Kali Bich 200? combination
I awit you advie
Regards
Baskaran

--

March 5 2008
Yes. otherwise too, Thuja in 1M is to be repeated only once in 15 days.
Kindly address me only Udaya Kumar. thanks.

--

March 6 2008
Dr Udaya Kumar,
I would again like to clarify that I have asked my son to take Hepar 200 twice daily and Thuja 200 once in night in wet doses on alternate days as advised by Dr Malakar .
He had taken one dose of Phosphorus 1m SOS when he noticed I have now advised him to take Kali Bich 200 and Hepar 200 in wet doses twice a day on alternate days
bleeding.
This is just for your information please.
Regards
Baskaran

Re:NASAL POLYP AND CHRONIC SINUSITS By: baskaran.ramamurthy

July 6 2008
Dear Udayakumar,
My son had got over the nasal infections and is not having any infection for the last 2 months. He is still having nasal bolck due to polyps. The intensity of polyp in the right nostril is high. Even though he is not having infection , there is no sense of smell. He has been taking Thuja 200 once in 25-30 days. In the first dose there was an improvement in his sense of smell. There has not been further improvement.
Should he stop Thuja? What can be the right medicine to dissolve the polyp?
Regards
Baskaran

Re:NASAL POLYP AND CHRONIC SINUSITS By: udaya kumar
--

July 6 2008
Was the sense of smell lost after influenza? check the symptoms of Magnesium Muriaticum.
For Polyps check the symptoms of Calcaria iodide, calcaria phos, Kali bich which you have already given.
Kali nitrate, Lemna minor, Merc. sol., phosphorus, sanguinaria, silicea, Teucrium Mar.

Stop Thuja.

best wishes.

--

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.