Lepidium Bonariense
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

how long to take a remedy for ?
Started by: mercedes at February 21 2008

Replies: 8 & Views: 734    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

how long to take a remedy for ? By: mercedes

February 21 2008
Generally, how long do you give a remedy for, before assessing whether to continue it or that it's the wrong remedy?

Re: duration of remedy intake? By: girilal
New Jersey USA

February 21 2008
Each remedy has different duration, in the sense, showing effects, tissue change occurring and duration of action. Most materia medica has it.

girilal

Re: duration of remedy intake? By: mercedes

February 21 2008
Thanks. Do you mean that each remedy should be taken for different length of time and also depending on the condition ?
Some homeopaths say to take remedy just one time. Others say to take remedy daily for a month. And so forth. I just wondered how long a remedy should be taken, before a person decides that it has been given enough time to act and that it's the wrong remedy.. Thank you.

Re: how long to take a remedy for ? By: PAT2006MPW

February 22 2008
mercedes
In my experience, homeopathy works very fast on my pets and I rarely have to repeat remedies more than once or twice for acute situations.

Since I have Fibromyalgia, I repeat Kali Phos 30c as needed (twice every 1-3 months).

Since I'm sensitive and afraid of aggrevations, I'm very conservative and use very little. I predict that once I'm better and less afraid, I will be using homeopathy differently.

Re: how long to take a remedy for ? By: mercedes

February 22 2008
I know what you mean, Pat. I'm very sensitive and aggravate and prove a lot of the remedies.
And I tend to drop remedies very quickly. Then I wonder if it would have worked had I stuck with it longer. I wonder if there's a certain time frame after which it is safe to assume that the remedy was wrong and can be stopped.

February 22 2008
You can stop a remedy as soon as you feel an aggrevation or feel better. If you need to take more once the aggrevations have settled, then take more.

You will need to learn and figure out what works for you.

February 22 2008
But if you feel no improvement, then how long do you take a remedy for, before you decide it's the wrong remedy and stop taking it?

February 22 2008
If you are talking about acute situations, you should give it no more than 4 hours.

With chronic situations sometimes a month.

For me, I know that kali phos 30c is working because my back gets more inflamed right away. I stick with Kali Phos 30c because it is the only remedy that seems to help with the inflammation on my back.

Sometimes, I can tell a remedy is working due to my dreams.

Homeopathy is so gentle that changes can go unnoticed and requires a lot of attention to notice that it is working.

with chronic situations, sometimes you need a lot of patience.

February 22 2008
Thanks, Pat.
I'm glad you found a remedy that helps with your problem.

Tell me what you mean about dreams? I tend to always develop dreams that are associate with whatever remedy I'm taking. I don't know if this is a case of proving or if it means the remedy is going very deep.

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.