Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Torula Cerevisiae
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Withania Somnifera,(Ashwagandha) [Herb]
Started by: MAX VARMA at February 15 2008

Replies: 35 & Views: 25005    Font    Page 2 of 2  Goto page Previous  1, 2          Reply

Re: Withania Somnifera,(Ashwagandha) [Herb] By: PAT2006MPW

March 1 2008

Click picture for many more pictures

thanks garcot, for the great info.

From experience, I suggest starting out slow with just one tablet a day. The tablet I'm taking is only 570 mg and it is working very quickly. I've also been experiencing headaches within two hours after taking it. The headaches are very light. I don't know how bad they could be if I took two tablets instead of one.

I've been having a hard time waking up in the mornings because it is creating deep sleep. Maybe this is when it is doing most of it's work. Just another reason to take it slow. You don't want to get to work late, etc. Fortunately for me, my cat has been waking me up.

Thanks again Garcot

Re: Withania Somnifera,(Ashwagandha) [Herb] By: garcot
Bangalore

March 1 2008
Hi Pat,

The dosage suggested is meant for really sick patient whose vitality is very low, which is not the case with you. You are quite energetic and don't have any real problem. You should eat a dosage which just works as an energiser and nothing more.

Rgds
Garcot

"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

March 2 2008
Yes, garcot.

In the case of someone who is very sick, a much larger dosage is needed.

Re: Withania Somnifera,(Ashwagandha) [Herb] By: Jay 15

March 7 2008
I started taking ashwagandha just recently after reading this post a while back. Of course I jumped right in with both feet and started taking 3600 mg per day. Taking half dose in morning and half in afternoon. I have experienced headaches for the past three days straight with todays being very bad. Obviously the answer is to cut way back and go slowly with this herb ( I of course knew this all along but I always seem to do things full throttle,lol)

A positive that I have noticed is that Im not as quick tempered. I have found myself trying to calmly reason with my children in situations where normally I would get upset and react strictly with them. I hope this is not a placebo effect and that this is an attribute of Ashwagandha that will stick with me if I continue. My kids deserve an even tempered father as I am concerned that my behaviour at times is the cause of some of there problems.

Pat, how long did your headaches last and are you still on this herb?

If anyone else has any comments for me I would welcome them as well.
Thanks,
Jay

March 7 2008
Hi Jay

So very glad you are doing so much better with your health.

If the Ashwagandha doesn't give you permanent results, at least you will have learned something. You can then go on and try something else.

The headaches taper off slowly. Most of the time I am not aware of them. They basically sneak in and sneak out.

I think sitting in front of my computer is when I'd notice them.

I've had a lot of great results with this herb. I'm keeping notes. Maybe in the next couple of days, I will post some more of my fantastic experience with it.

IT DEFINITELY WORKS ON THE BRAIN.!!!!!!

Take care and take it easy.

P.S. Jay, when I am sure that it is no longer causing me any type of headache at any level, my plan is to increase the amount to one tablet 2 times a day with food.

Make sure to take them with food because I read something on the internet that they are not to be taken if you have digestion problems. Better safe than sorry. I've had digestive problems for a long time without knowing. If it weren't for my former homeopath who nearly killed me, I wouldn't have known I had digestive problems.

Re: Withania Somnifera,(Ashwagandha) [Herb] By: Jay 15

March 7 2008
thanks for the reply Pat. Of course Ive been taking them on an empty stomach.

I'll post results as they occur as well.

Take care,
Jay

Re: Withania Somnifera,(Ashwagandha) [Herb] By: MAX VARMA
New Delhi and Vancouver

March 9 2008
One capsule of 250 mg....twice daily...is a good dosage.

Keeps the mind and body healthy. Leaves a positive feeling.

BW
Pankaj Varma

There is only one religion....called mankind.
There is only one law....the law of Karma
There is only one God....He is everywhere and with everyone and knows everything.

March 9 2008
Thanks, Pankaj

I guess I could cut my tablet in half to split up the dose in two.

Today, I was reading the reviews for two different brands of AShwagandha. Someone there wrote the following:

Like other adaptogens, it works for awhile, but you need to give it a break for 2 to 3 weeks, before taking it again, so you can feel the effects.

Re: Withania Somnifera,(Ashwagandha) [Herb] By: udaya kumar
--

April 2 2008
a good link
www.ics.trieste.it/MedicinalPlant/_MedicinalPlant_ChemicalConstituents.aspx?id=1 - 25k

--

Re:Withania Somnifera,(Ashwagandha) [Herb] By: catsjellicle

January 1 2010
hi..i have been growing ashwagandha in my medicine garden. the plant seemed to have gone dormant during winter. the berries have dried up. i crumbled it to find seeds inside. i will be saving the seeds.

my question: should i harvest the root or will it come back with warm weather? and how to preserve the root?

thanks.

Re:Withania Somnifera,(Ashwagandha) [Herb] By: garcot
Bangalore

January 4 2010
Cats.,

This forum may provide you with all the details you need:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/herbs/msg0221285620013.html

If you have already visited this forum and couldn't get the required info, please let me know.

Best
Garcot

Re:Withania Somnifera,(Ashwagandha) [Herb] By: catsjellicle

January 6 2010
thank you! i am already a member...Smile

Re:Withania Somnifera,(Ashwagandha) [Herb] By: garcot
Bangalore

January 6 2010
Cats.,

Could you get all the required info. from gardenweb? If not, please let me know. I have a friend, who is a well known herbalist at Bangalore.

Best
Garcot

Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.