Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Arum Dracontium
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Shilajeet and more...
Started by: M.A. Rana at February 12 2008

Replies: 54 & Views: 24107    Font    Page 2 of 3  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next          Reply

Re: Shilajeet and more... By: girilal
New Jersey USA

February 14 2008

Click picture for many more pictures

Yeah so disgusting and untrue.

You are lucky if you were ever using even monkey thing. This option is open only for mountains locals who believe in shilajeet but there is none available.

What is sold in the market is black gunk. So be lucky that you never had any monkey thing.

girilal

Re: Shilajeet and more... By: MuzLove

February 14 2008
300 bucks is a lots of money.

New Jersey USA

February 14 2008
How about 3 days of labor of love too. That standing behind cows to obtains gallons of urine, cliffhanging. Finding ropes and baskets to hang upon.

Tragedy already started when harvest was ready and Vidhyapeeth (Ayurveda Pharmacy College) took over the job and pushed me aside.

girilal

Re: Shilajeet and more... By: MuzLove

February 14 2008
For God's sake -- finish your story.

Re: Shilajeet and more... By: sajjadakram

February 14 2008
The story is interesting.Please continue.
sajjad.

New Jersey USA

February 14 2008
At Rambara, I was unable to find any room, they only had one guest house. Whole slope was avalanche prone, each year avalanches so whole town a tent town, rebuild each year as snow melted. I reached there at 10 PM.

People make huge balconies of tree trunks, hanging in the ravine, on the shaky wood floor there were folding beds touching each other. I was lucky because I got the last unwanted bed. Later on I discovered that the corner was so shaky that others tried and ran away, insult to the injury, kerosene was stored under my bed. It was 200 rupee for 12 hours. Still I consider myself lucky because I got that bed.

So I collapsed on the bed, There were make shift restaurants, they asked me for food but I was not hungry due to the intense tiredness. That day I walked 47 kms and climbed 10,000 feet. I was feverish, feet swollen.

There were about 48 beds, mostly they were Bengalis. They were all tired because they all walked for 7 km from Gaurikund and ascended 6000 feet in those 7 KM. Kedarnath was another 7 km far.

Bengalis were talking about Shilajeet. One guy had Dabur Shilajeet and they were distributing capcules. to each others so I remembered my own shilajeet. I took the small container out from my back pack and picked up a tiny pearl size globule with a piece of straw and put it on my tongue. Taste was just disgusting, it was lots of concentrated cow urine too.

After this I had to wash my mouth to get rid of the smell, and I tried to sleep. In my life when I am very tired I am unable to sleep at nights.

to be continued:

girilal

New Jersey USA

February 15 2008
In half hour I felt, my body warming up and circulation increasing. My near frozen feet warmed up sooner than expected.

Then I fell sleep. Lots of things happened at sleep. As I woke up, I was regretting being in the real world again. It was some night, La La Land.

At night I saw weird dreams, or rather heaven around me. There was a beauty contest going on and 50 were fighting for girilal. Then they took a lottery draw and picked one. Then girilal fighting -- why only one ...

At morning, those tent people were waking up everybody because we only got beds to spend night. I was totally confused and angry, why they woke me up. When I am in this world again. Where has gone that world, I was in.

girilal

New Jersey USA

February 15 2008
At morning I was not even a bit tired. No symptom of any fatigue. My feet were normal and boots were again fitting.

With ease I climbed up rest of 7 kilometers and reached Kedarnath. Walked around the town at 13000 feet. I had no time constraint, but hotel rooms were dirty and outrageously expansive. It was all damp so I decided to walk back down to Gourikund. I arrived at Gourikund at about 2 PM. No sign of transportation, only traffic jams. I walked another 6 kilometers to Sonprayag. All downgrade -- so far I walked 20 kilometers from Kedarnath. No transportation there too, people were stranding, no room to sleep. Even house roofs were rented out. So I walked and walked for another 15 Km. It was dark and I got the ride in an army truck for some money. I arrived in Guptkashi at 9PM. Tired again but not so bad.

So at night I took another dose of shilajeet. This time I dipped a b-12 capsule in the paste and took the capsule.

It was again a trip to heaven. This time it was not a beauty contest but a college...

Again I woke up in the morning and cursing myself for the real life. No symptom of tiredness for the two days or brutal ordeal. I was not getting cold. On the mountain there is famous Guptkashi temple. They have a spring. I took many baths in that spring in my two days in Guptkashi, I felt no cold chill of water otherwise I can take only brief bath in cold water but this time I was wading for hours in 10 degree centigrade cold water.

After that I took a dose of shilajeet once a while, probably 3-4 doses.

to be continued:

girilal

Re: Shilajeet and more... By: MAX VARMA
New Delhi and Vancouver

February 15 2008
I don't know about the Shilajeet....but you are a great story teller....you can keep the suspense going ...all the time...

Embarassed they all want to know what happened next !!

Pankaj Varma

There is only one religion....called mankind.
There is only one law....the law of Karma
There is only one God....He is everywhere and with everyone and knows everything.

Re: Shilajeet and more... By: Dr Hasmukh Shah

February 15 2008
If the story is real, it proves lots of things about shilajeet.

Re: Shilajeet and more... By: Dr Hasmukh Shah

February 15 2008
Now girilal, may be you shed more light about using shilajeet to have male child. As this thread originated.

Nice story but do not forget Mr. Rana.

Re: Shilajeet and more... By: Dr Khan

February 15 2008
I doubt if shilajeet may work to get male child or chilgozas etc.

I guess girlal ate up all shilajeet and probably went back to mountains to get more.

New Jersey USA

February 15 2008
No still 1/3 of the container is left. I stopped taking it

because it gives me a bad day. Plus nothing is free in this world, you get the excess of one thing on the expanse of another.

girilal

Re: Shilajeet and more... By: yardley

February 17 2008
Any chance I can get this pure. You said it is abundence in Rocky mountains. I live in Aspen.

New Jersey USA

February 17 2008
mineral pitch
n : a dark bituminous substance found in natural beds.

It is found on all mountains that have at least 3 months of dry season. When mosses, dirt, animal dropping, lycopodium etc gethers in the grooves and upon compression it turnes into dark bitumenous pitch and flows out of the rocks and then dries up in layers.

I came across with this shilajeet or mineral pitch many times in Shanondoah park in applacian mountains. It is also visible at all places where highways pass through cliffs etc.

Long ago I vaguely tried mineral picth in shanondoah park, licked it and once boiled it and mixed it in tea while camping but nothing noticable happened.

Probably I was not serious etc or it may work only if purified with cow's urine. This thing has still to be discovered.

So you can find it if you walk around in the mountains. In Himalayas and Hindukush, it is totally vanished.

It is not found in British Columbia and in Vancouver area mountains, because they are rain forests and things wash away before they have time to accumulate4.

girilal

Re: Shilajeet and more... By: reactive

February 18 2008
I wrote a song

Shila--jeet
got to like shi - lae - jeet
Shila-jeet

Re: Shilajeet and more... By: hub

February 24 2008
bump

Re: Shilajeet and more... By: M.A. Rana

February 24 2008
Dear Sir, Thanks for comments, these are very informatory and useful. However, it will be good to know the method of preparing in Homeopathic if some one is having original. Also please advise for Pine nuts. Thanks.

This is God who bless Life & health but no one else

New Jersey USA

February 24 2008
It is difficult to obtain pure form. You can still use Dabur's packed version etc.

Using shilajeet and pine nut or chilgoza or pine seeds, I doubt if it can work to give one a male child. Chilgoza can be eaten but using it as medicine, I have never heard

Pinus Sylvesters is the medicine made with a very strong variety of pine. You can use that remedy if you want. Thuja, abies nigra and abies canadenses, these remedies too resemble pine remedy.

Or raw thuja can be used, or the liquor Gin can be used for some common pine effects.

One thing is sure, emotional and sentimental males are inclined to have more female babies. More the person is inclined to mother or wife, or aunts or sisters, more the emotional and sentimental, more chances of having girl child. Another fact is that more the male is inclined to mother, more unhappy he is bound to be with his wife but this is a different matter, pure psychological nature.

I know people who have sisters and still they are out to make more sisters, now I can bet my life that they will be having all girls.

So probably shilajeet fits in a sense, it may give more vigor to be a man but also takes away emotions.

girilal

February 25 2008
Dear girilal,

Your finding is always interesting.
sajjad.

New Jersey USA

February 25 2008
Sajjad, I used to guess with my friends that who will have daughters.. you know that it is a big issue in India and probably in Pakistan too.

Our guesses were mostly correct.

girilal

February 26 2008
Dear girilal,
People who fall in love are more or less emotional and sentimental.
Can we believe that "love marriages"produces more females than males.
sajjad.

New Jersey USA

February 26 2008
Dear Sajjad, falling in love may not be just an emotional issue. It could be sex, or just the wish to marry against the parents just to teach them lesson or just looking some practical reasons in a person like a doctor marrying doctor or money or just the looks, or many other things.

Usually very emotional people do not fall in love, but they are so emotional, they let their mother or aunt to find someone like herself, and here they just go wrong.

Very emotional people do not survive in love, they are so erratic and indecisive, each emotional when changes phase, mostly becomes anger.

One thing I have seen is that when people fall in love, mostly they regret it sooner than later.

girilal

Re: Shilajeet and more... By: PAT2006MPW

February 26 2008
females let their anger turn them into bullies who blame me for their miserable marriages. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Re: Shilajeet and more... By: hub

February 27 2008
bump.

Re:Shilajeet and more... By: girilal
New Jersey USA

September 18 2008
Well, I been to the same place Kalighat where I obtained the shilajeet but unfortunately this time it was all gone.

But it is just a mineral pitch -- a gunk of silicea, mosses, lycopodium, dirt, minerals, animals and bird droppings -- all condensed to the gunk and cooked in the warmth of sunlight for years.

girilal

Re:Shilajeet and more... By: Michael Leger
Madison, WI

September 23 2008
A wonderful story!

There has to be some connection with the processing of the shilajeet. Urine therapy is quite common, I'm guessing that the cow's urine is able to draw something from the pitch. Anyone in the Rockies want to try getting some urine and pitch and checking this out? Very Happy

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.