Hyoscyamus Niger
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Tamarind for cholesterol
Started by: delaware at January 17 2008

Replies: 12 & Views: 4590    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

Tamarind for cholesterol By: delaware

January 17 2008
Recent studies has indicated that tamarind has cholesterol lowering character. Anybody here has more information about it?

Re: Tamarind for cholesterol By: girilal
New Jersey USA

January 27 2008
Yes tamarind is as effective as cragaegus to lower blood pressure and cholesterol.

People do not think that obvious things could be medicines.

girilal

Re: Tamarind for cholesterol By: delaware

January 27 2008
So can you suggest how to take the tamarind. I can obtain if from Flee Market in Wilmington.

New Jersey USA

January 28 2008
From Indian or Chinese stores you can get either tamarind or tamarind extract paste etc. Try whatever suits you. Dissolve it in lukewarm water, and drink it up. Or add some syrup to make a sharbat of it.

I am sure that it will lower cholesterol by raising blood ph value, or by making it more acidic. For best results drink it in the morning, empty stomach.

girilal

Re: Tamarind for cholesterol By: Pat2006M

January 28 2008
Tamarind is commonly used by Mexicans to make flavored water. The tamarind is available at Mexican stores or Mexican section of grocery stores. The plant is peeled and the seed removed and cooked in water, and then sugar is added to it. I'm sure you can add whatever sweetner you like.

January 30 2008
Do you really believe if it is good for cholesterol.

New Jersey USA

February 2 2008
Yes it is as good as cratageaus. No harm in trying.

girilal

February 3 2008
so i am assured. thx.

February 11 2008
I really feel decrease in my cholesterol.

Re: Tamarind for cholesterol By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

February 11 2008
I hope that members who read this thread who suffer from a high cholesterol level will use Tamarind in the manner described in the posts above and report their response to this therapy.

It is very likely that Tamarind can help in the reduction of Cholesterol levels and if it does it is very likely that it will also help in the reduction of Hypertension.

As far as I know Tamarind has not been used in this regard and I hope that members who use it will share their response on this Forum.

February 21 2008
First I felt I am just feeling but my LDL cholesterol level went down from300 to 180 by just tamarind alone.

Re: Tamarind for cholesterol By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

February 21 2008
Can you inform us how much Tamarind you used daily?

I am happy to note that you confirmed that it was the Tamarind alone that helped to lower your Cholesterol and it would interest us to learn how much you used daily. It is very sour in taste and it takes some grit to take it on a daily basis.

You may like to know that I have a 200+ year old Tamarind tree in our back garden. It is about 50ft in height and is loaded with the seed pods right now which are very sour to the taste. We only use the fleshy part covering the seeds to season curries but it has not been used to lower Cholesterol.

New Jersey USA

February 22 2008
Even vinager, lime or lemon juice also may give similar effects. Anything that is acidic in nature, brings reverse effects in the blood.

Tamarind is used in abundance in South India and obesity is not rampant there.

The only problem is that when tamarind etc is stopped problems reappear. Best thing is to make these things a part of life.

Upon cooking rice, one should put a spoonful of vinager or lime juice in water. Tamarind, lime juice or vinager can be used in curries in routine.

Of-course tamarind has cholesterol lowering character. It is a solvent to LDL

girilal

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.