Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Oxytropis Lamberti
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

TREATMENT OF FISTULA, FISSURE AND ABSCESS IN THE ANUS
Started by: Joe De Livera at November 19 2007

Replies: 321 & Views: 109499    Font    Page 1 of 13  Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next          Reply

TREATMENT OF FISTULA, FISSURE AND ABSCESS IN THE ANUS By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

November 19 2007
THE TREATMENT OF FISTULA, FISSURE AND ABSCESS IN THE ANUS

I have been requested by patients to record my thoughts on the therapy that I have pioneered for the treatment of Anal Fistula, Fissure and Abscess to enable patients to have a quick reference to the treatment that has helped many hundreds of sufferers to avoid surgery. Some patients have reported to me that the have had up to 4 surgical sessions and after all this suffering, their Fistula recurred. It was only after they read about my therapy and used it that they discovered that all their suffering was in vain as my therapy was able to help them almost immediately and eventually cured them in a few weeks.

I have observed that a Fistula usually starts with constipation and a hard stool which lacerates the delicate membrane and muscles in the anus. This initial lesion quickly turns into an abscess as every subsequent stool tends to lacerate the anus more and thereby cause the bacteria present in the anus to multiply and the abscess soon turns into a Fissure and still later into a Fistula.

My advise is that if anyone notices an unusual burning or itchy feeling in the anus usually after the passage of a hard stool, it is important that this problem is treated by taking immediate action to ensure that constipation is avoided by eating fruits like Papaw, Bananas to ensure that subsequent stools are not hard, as with the passage of each hard stool the situation is made worse. Copious quantities of water, over 3 liters must be drunk daily as water is essential to keep the stools soft. A controlled exercise regimen is essential to the cure. This will usually promote peristalsis in the gut which will in turn ensure that constipation is avoided.

It is recommended that the anus be washed after each stool with soap and water and the use of toilet paper avoided as this irritates the anus, thereby promoting the formation of bacteria which will further aggravate the problem. If the problem is more advanced the use of some antiseptic solution to wash the anus is recommended.

If however the patient presents with a full blown Abscess, Fissure or Fistula, the therapy that I have prescribed which has worked in almost all cases is noted below:

Arnica 30c in the wet dose to heal the lesion from the outside inwards. Dose 1 teaspoonful or capful taken 3 times daily for the first 2 weeks and reduced to twice daily when relief is noticed.
Silicea 6x tablets to drain out the pus inside the lesion outwards. This remedy will slowly expel the pus which is caused by the dead bacteria and enable the vacant space to be filled up by new tissue, the growth of which will be promoted by the Arnica. Dose 2 tablets taken 3 times daily for the first 2 weeks and reduced to twice daily after relief is noted.
Nat Phos 6x tablets taken after each meal. Dose 2 tablets after each of 3 meals. This remedy will keep acidity level in the gut low and the stools soft. Fruits like Papaw and Bananas will also help to soften the stools.
I have prescribed the use of an Antibiotic Ointment which is inserted into the anus immediately after the passage of each stool to keep the anal area as sterile as is possible. Antibiotic ointment may not be freely available in some countries and an antiseptic ointment can be used instead. This is inserted into the anus at the tip of a gloved finger using a Finger Cote. If however Finger Cotes are not available, the fingers of a surgical glove can be cut and the cut rubber finger tube can be rolled over the finger if one is finicky about inserting the bare finger into one's anus. It is of course understood that the finger nail must be kept short and smooth to ensure that it does not cause any damage.

It is essential to avoid any food or drink that can exacerbate the Fistula or Fissure problem. Beef, and sea foods like Shrimp and hot food which is loaded with Chillie must be avoided as they all make a bad situation worse. Alcohol must be avoided in toto as the effect of consuming alcohol will be felt almost immediately with the aggravation of the lesion. Smoking too falls into this same category but this is not a problem in many countries as smoking is banned. Coffee, cola beverages and preserved meats containing saltpeter like sausages, ham and bacon also antidote the therapy that I have indicated.

I believe that I have covered the essentials of the therapy that I have used to help patients who present with problems pertaining to the anus. If however any patient who reads this article wishes to have any further information he/she is free to post his question on this Forum.

Re: TREATMENT OF FISTULA, FISSURE AND ABSCESS IN THE ANUS By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

November 19 2007
Further to my post above I would like to direct members to a long thread running to 33 pages on the ABC Forum entitled Anal Fistula / Fissure where I first shared my therapy on the treatment of this rather painful ailment.

http://www.abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/1127/

The purpose of my doing is to enable members to read the comments posted by members of that forum where some of them confirmed that the therapy that I had prescribed had worked for them

Re: TREATMENT OF FISTULA, FISSURE AND ABSCESS IN THE ANUS By: jay784

March 20 2008
When taking the Arnica in wet form, i understand that i must put 3 tablets of Arnica into 500ml of water and take 3 teaspoons daily.

My question is, do i continue to use the same 500ml of water until it is all finished? Or do i add 3 tablets of Arnica everyday into new 500ml of water or previous water?

Re: TREATMENT OF FISTULA, FISSURE AND ABSCESS IN THE ANUS By: mercedes

March 20 2008
I believe you should keep the same bottle. Put some alcohol in it to preserve it and keep out of direct sunlight and heat. In between each dose, succuss (pound the bottle against a hard surface, like a book) a couple of times.

Sri Lanka

March 20 2008
To Jay

I am glad you posted on this thread which I started last November as it has got bumped up and hopefully will catch the eye of members who are fellow sufferers like you.

You informed me that you had also read the threads on the ABC and you would have observed that this therapy has not helped everyone but many who have been cured have confirmed, some in glowing terms that they were cured even after 2 or more repeat surgeries which seemed to be never ending. It is the simplicity of this therapy that surprises even me and I hope that you too will benefit from it. Many have been helped and have confirmed their response. Here in Sri Lanka too, I have had many cases that have been cured with my therapy.

I presume that you are also taking the Silicea 6x tablets dose 2 tabs 3 times daily with the Arnica 30c. You must also take the Nat Phos 6x which you stated in your email you had ordered. You do not however make mention of the application of an antibiotic ointment inside the anus after every bowel movement and this too is an important aspect of the therapy. If antibiotic ointment is not available, you can use an antiseptic ointment (not cream) internally instead.

Mercedes has already answered your question about the Wet Dose. As for the pounding on a book that she recommended, I have modified this to twisting the bottle in the hand clockwise and anti-c as I have discovered that this is more effective and you do not also damage the plastic bottle. A capful is a dose which must be sipped. Please note that the Silicea 6c and the Nat Phos 6x cannot be taken in the wet dose.

Please report your response in 2 weeks on this Forum.

March 20 2008
Joe

Yes i am taking Silicea 6x tablets dose 2 tabs 2 times daily. You have suggested 3 times daily so i will be changing my dosage to your preference.

As far as the Nat Phos 6x, that is on order and im hoping to get that in a couple days.

And in regards to the the antibiotic ointment, i am also using an isopropyl wipe after i wash my bottom w/ warm water and soap after a bowel movement, and then apply the antibiotic ointment and use johnson & johnson gauze pad to cover the anus area.

Would you recommend the isopropyl wipe?

I will definately post my diagnosis after 2 weeks...

March 20 2008
Also, before i knew of this homeopathic treatment, i was taking "Garden of Life's" Primal Defense Ultra Ultimate Probiotic Formula Capsules and Echinacea.

here is a link to the Probiotic
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp?id=GU-1062

I have stopped taking both items once i started this homeopathic treatment that Joe has suggested. Can i continue to take the probiotic or echinacea or just stop???

Sri Lanka

March 20 2008
If you are happy with taking Silicea twice daily you do not need to increase the frequency to thrice daily. The Arnica is best taken 3 times daily till you see some improvement in your condition. The Nat Phos is essential to keep your stools soft to prevent constipation and the consequent abrasion of the damaged tissue which we are trying to heal. Bananas, prunes and papaya are also useful in this regard.

Isopropyl wipes cannot replace the Antibiotic ointment I have recommended to keep the bacterial count in the anus as low as is possible. You must understand that every bowel motion increases the bacterial count and this is precisely what we are trying to keep down to promote the healing of the tissue and with it the Fistula. I would prefer that you do not use the Isopropyl wipe as I believe that you would have experienced the sting of the alcohol which cannot help in the area. Your washing your anus is far better than the dry wiping you would otherwise have been used to. The J&J Gauze pad is OK and you can dab the Antibiotic ointment on it to help keep the bacterial count down.

I note that you have not confirmed inserting the Antibiotic ointment internally into the affected area and this can be done with a finger cote which you can get in a pharmacy. If you cannot get them you can always get surgical gloves which you can cut the fingers which you can use instead. You roll the rubber over your finger and smear it with the ointment prior to insertion into your anus after every bowel motion.

You are advised not to use any other remedy when using the therapy that I have recommended.

March 20 2008
Joe

Thank you for the information. I will stop using the isoprpyl wipes. I also put the antibiotic internally like you mentioned. I will report back in a couple weeks...

Again, thank you.

March 20 2008
i forgot to mention..

Thank you Mercedes for the info.

March 31 2008
it has almost been 2 weeks since ive started the regimine and the swelling has increased and pain has been present for the last couple of days.

what can i do???

Sri Lanka

March 31 2008
It is possible that the reason for your pain may be due to the abscess not opening up in spite of the Silicea 6x tablets which should promote the discharge of the pus.

The obvious treatment is to have the abscess drained by lancing but before I advice you to do so, I would like to treat it with Myristica Sebefera also known as the Homeopathic knife and hope that the abscess will open out and permit the pus to drain.

You will take 4 pellets Myristica Sebefera 200c sublingually just once daily for a week and report your response.

You may stop the Silicea but you can continue with the Arnica and the Nat Phos.

March 31 2008
my abscess was lanced at the end of january in order to drain the abscess. it just hasnt healed properly. for the past month or so, ive been dealing w/ it swelling then draining. this cycle has continued since the lancing. i just dont know what to do anymore.

yesterday, puss did come out which somewhat relieved the pain. today, i have mild discomfort/slight pain.

will the Myristica Sebefera 200c help?

Sri Lanka

April 1 2008
You are on the path hopefully to a cure as you state that you have observed pus exuding from your lesion which has also relieved the pain.

As I see it the reason for your present status is that the wound after the surgery has closed up from the outside leaving a pocket of infection inside thereby locking in the pus. Since it has started to exude we can hope that this will continue in the future. You can also assist by inserting your gloved finger inside the anus and gently massaging the lesion from the top downwards to promote the flow of pus from the wound.

Myristica S may not help at this stage and you are advised to stay with the therapy that I have recommended and report your response in a few days.

Silicea 6x and the Arnica 30c taken tds will help to hopefully cure you.

April 1 2008
i have already ordered the Myristica but i will continue w/ the therapy you have advised.

i guess i'll use the Myristica if it gets worse?

Sri Lanka

April 1 2008
I would prefer that you do not use the Myristica as I do not think that you will require it judging by your present progress which I hope will continue

April 21 2008
ive been taking the silicea and arnica wet dose and there is still pus. the fistula feels hard to the touch and is actually getting smaller. is this normal?

as im typing this, there is still some pain at this moment.

do i continue to take the silicea and arnica wet dose???

Sri Lanka

April 22 2008
It is safe to presume that your Fistula is slowly responding to the Arnica 30 and Silicea therapy that I have prescribed as you have reported that :
"the fistula feels hard to the touch and is actually getting smaller. is this normal? ."

Your progress is more positive than having a repeat surgery to have it lanced again and again as this form of surgical therapy does not usually work and the result is unnecessary pain that the patient is condemned to suffer.

Your progress since your first reported your problem on March 20 can be considered satisfactory and you should hopefully be cured shortly.

I prescribed Nat Phos 6x for you to keep your stools soft but you have not confirmed that you are taking it as prescribed. This will also help the progress of your Fistula.

April 22 2008
i am also taking nat phos 6x and antibiotic ointment.

i am just concerned about the re-occuring pus/drainage. is that part normal? basically, it will drain, then will become smaller. then swell up and drain and it is just a cycle. i do admit that the pain is hardly there anymore. the only time there is pain is when it swells. then once it drains, the pain is gone.

Sri Lanka

April 22 2008
The treatment and hopefully the cure of Fistulas, Fissures and Abscesses in the rectum is usually extremely difficult as you and many fellow sufferers will testify. The standard surgical treatment results in a cycle of pain and even danger to the patient as s/he has to be anesthetized every time the surgeon tries another experiment to help cure the problem. The cure of a case with surgery is just a matter of luck on the patient's part and the knowledge and skills of the surgeon who usually uses one method after another in a series of experiments which can number over 6 which I am personally aware of in one patient whom I was able to cure in a few months.

You will have to be patient and follow the therapy that I have pioneered which has helped many patients. Perusal of the records of cases I have helped on the ABC on http://www.abchomeopathy.com/forum2.php/1127/ will also show that some patients did not respond although the majority were positive. One case on this thread by Megastar was negative but his record is questionable as he seems determined to prejudice others from following my therapy for reasons best known to him. However the fact remains that the majority have been helped and judging by your response so far I feel confident that you too will fall into the first category.

I wish you a quick recovery from this somewhat messy ailment which others too have suffered from and have been helped by my therapy.

Re:TREATMENT OF FISTULA, FISSURE AND ABSCESS IN THE ANUS By: koreacalling
Korea

August 19 2008
Dear All,

Have you heard of Ayurveda. A doctor in Kerala is offering a formula specially for Fistula.

This is derived from ancient texts of Ayurveda.

It takes 6 months to get rid of Fistula the medicine has to continue for 6 months to 1 year. No side effect at all......

I got my supply from him after a visit. If you wish to get drop your e-mail ID here and I will get in touch with you , on how to prcure the Granules....

Bye
BS

NO

Re:TREATMENT OF FISTULA, FISSURE AND ABSCESS IN THE ANUS By: ischnura
Spain

July 28 2009
Hi Joe,

I am very interested in trying your homeopathic solution of Arnica Montana 30c, Silicea 6x and Nat Phos 6x.

I have been reading the other thread at abchomeopathy.com and it indeed had very good results in many people.

Just for your information I have been treating my anal fistula by inserting liquid Aloe Vera into the anus after the passage of each stool. I have been inserting about 5cc with a needleless syrnge. (I think that a water enema also helps).

I have been doing this for a couple of weeks, and I have no more drainage of pus. I hope that it will be healing itself slowly from the inside out.

To make sure that there is not going to be any recurrence I would also like to follow your Arnica/Silicea/Nat Phos solution.

I would love to hear your comments of using the Aloe Vera instead of the Antibiotic Ointment. Is there anything I should take into consideration when applying your treatment?

Thanks!

Sri Lanka

July 28 2009
I have not prescribed Aloe Vera for this ailment and cannot therefore comment on whether or not it can help your Fistula. You did not also state if you are using the Homeopathic remedy or the gel.

It is very unlikely that Aloe V can help your problem as it cannot replicate the effect of the Antibiotic ointment which I have prescribed to be massaged into the lesion internally to ensure that the bacterial count immediately after the passage of a stool is kept as low as possible to help in the healing process.

It is best to use the therapy I have prescribed precisely and as you have observed, it has helped many patients who have confirmed their improved status on the ABC forum.

It is possible that the improvement you have noticed in your lesion may only be temporary as I do not think that Aloe V can cure the lesion in the manner that the remedies that I have prescribed can do.

Re:TREATMENT OF FISTULA, FISSURE AND ABSCESS IN THE ANUS By: ischnura
Spain

July 28 2009
I greatly appreciate quick your response. I am very glad to have found this forum with such great source of knowledge.

The liquid Aloe Vera is just an Aloe Vera juice (not an homeopathic remedy). My approach to heal Fistula has not been a common one, due to my lack of homeopathic knowledge and for not knowing this forum Smile
I thought that the antibacterial properties of the Aloe Vera could work similarly to the antibiotic/antiseptic ointment.

Is there any specific antibiotic/antiseptic ointment that you would recommend?

Sri Lanka

July 28 2009
I regret that I cannot advise you on the brand of the Antibiotic Ointment that you can get in Spain. I believe that any good antibiotic ointment which is based on a Polymixin base is suitable. I have specified the ointment as it is always marketed in a petroleum base which is more suitable to keep the bacterial count in and around the anal muscles low by massaging it internally from the top downwards thereby expelling the pus which is dead bacteria and plasma which the body discards.

The remedies I prescribe are:
Silicea 6x helps to expel the pus.
Arnica 30c helps to rebuild the tissue from the inside in a manner that drugs cannot do.

It does so by increasing the flow of blood into the anal muscles where the Fistula is located and soon heals the lesion which otherwise would be subjected to various experiments on the part of the surgeon who does not realize that although he tries to heal the wound that he leaves behind after surgery, every passing stool reinfects the wound and thereby exposes the poor patient to a series of subsequent experimental surgery in the anus with the results that you have already suffered from.

Nat Phos 6x as it keeps the stools soft which is essential to avoid further laceration of the healing internal surface of the anal muscles.

One important point that I have failed to mention before is that the patient must never use a dry wipe with toilet paper as this is one way of further lacerating the healing lesion. Water is best used either from a spray or a bidet which is unfortunately not in vogue anymore today. If this is not available, a wet wipe can be used. Never a dry wipe.

Page 1 of 13
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.