Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Mel Cum Sale
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Crataegus - A Remedy for Heart
Started by: Thill at March 3 2007

Replies: 40 & Views: 36326    Font    Page 1 of 2  Goto page 1, 2  Next          Reply

Crataegus - A Remedy for Heart By: Thill

March 3 2007

Click picture for many more pictures

(Hawthorn) Berries

Crataetus belongs to Rosaceae family. There are morethan 280 species found in northern temperature regions including North America, Europe, and northern Asia. Crataegus primarily used as a living fence in much of Europe. Only a few are used for medicinal purposes. These include Crataegus oxyacantha - now known as Crataegus laevigate, Crataegus monogyna and less often Crataegus pentagyna. This is because they contain the strongest quantity of Hawthorns' chemical constituents and are widely available. Both referred to as English Hawthorn. In Eastern disciplines, both, chinese and Ayurvedic medicine, use their own native medicinal species.

The name Crataegus oxyacantha is from the Greek kratos (hard), oxus (sharp) and akantha (thorn). Common names for hawthorn are Mayblossom, Quick thorn, Whitethorn, Haw, Hazels, Gazels, Halves, Ladies' Meat, Quick Thorn, and Bread and cheese tree. The fruit has been called as Pixie Pears, Cuckoo's Beads and Chucky Cheese.

Hawthorn has a long history of use as a medicinal herb. there are references to Dioscorides, a Greek herbalist 100 AD, in his writing referred to it as Crataegus oxuakantha and the name was partially retained by the 18th century Swedish physician Linneus. A French doctor was using the herb in the 1600s. Hawthorn also used in religious rituals. Leaves are used to make protection sachets. They are also carried to ensure good fishing. In Europe, it was used to repel witchcraft spells. Bringing branches of it into the home is supposed to portend death. It's incorporated into spells and rituals for fertility. It will protect the home from damaging storms. According to legend the God Thorn created Hawthorn in a bolt of lightning. Because of this it was believed that Hawthorn would protect against lighting and storms at sea.

Traditionally the Greeks and Romans used Hawthorn blossoms in wedding decorations to increase fertility and bring happiness. Hawthorn was used as a symbol of prosperity. Bridal attendants wore it blossoms while the bride carried an entire bough. Touches carried in wedding processions were made of hawthorn. The Romans also believed that if you placed hawthorn in baby's cradles it would protect them against evil. Women believed that hawthorn would keep then looking youthful.

In European herbal medicine, howthorn has been used for centuries to promote heart and circulatory system, help improve heart conditions, such as heart failure, hypertension, angina pectoralis, tachycardia, arrhythmia, especially recommended to help reduce age releted changes in heart muscle. Both, leaves or flowere and berries have been used. Usually a tea is made of 1-2 teaspoons of flower or leaf mixture and taken 2-3 times a day. Several clinical trials have confirmed traditional claims of heart beneficial action of hawthorn. Hawhtorn is documented as a useful diuretic, to treat kidney and bladder stones and dropsy. Also used in the treatment of a wide variety of other disorders including gout, fever, pleurisy, nervous tension, and depression.

traditionally, the berries are used for their astringent properties in heavy menstrual bleeding and in diarrhea. The leaves also have been used as a substitute for green tea and in making liquors. Both, the flowers and berries acts as diuretics and can be used to treat kidney problems and dropsy, sore throats and back pain. Also used to prevent miscarriage and for treating nervousness in women.

Hawthorn berries are one of the major herbs used in China as part of weight loss formulas, because it action, according to traditional Chinese medicine, is to expel phlegm and dissolve food and stagnation. The species used in China Crataegus pinnatifica, differs from Western herb, contained mainly from Crataegus oxycantha and Crataegus monogyna. Chinese herbalists mainly used crataegus (shanzha) to improve digestion.

The fruit is the main part of the Cratagus plant used in Chinese medicine. This fruit is sold and has also been made into several popular food products in the form of sugared strips that are eaten as a confection.

Crataegus juice has also been manufactured into fruit drinks and soft drinks and into a vinegar product. The reputation of crataegus is that it promotes the digestion of meat and fatty foods. The presumed mechanism of action is to stimulate the production or activities of enzymes that digest these food substances and or stimulate production of bile, which especially assists the digestion of fats.

The flower has been used as a sedative. It's said to act as a calmant, relieving sleeplessness and anxiety. It aids in reducting emotional stress. The oxygen that hawthorn releases would have eliminated feelings of tiredness and dizziness and helped to ease yawning and general difficulty in waking up.

Since the late 19th century, hawthorn has been used for various disorders of the cardiovascular systems and as a heart tonic to regulate circulation. Today, Hawthorn is an official drug in the Pharmacopoeias of Brazil, China, France, Germany, Hungary, Russia and Switzerland. As a testament to its popularity, it's an ingredient in morethan 200 European commercial herbal formulas, designed mainly for the tratment of the heart and cardiovascular systems and sold in Europe and United States.

A well-kown physician, the late Dr. Green of Ennis, Country Clare, Ireland, attained an extended reputation in the treatment of Heart Disease, keeping the remedy a secret. Upon his death in 1894, his daughter revealed the fact that this famous cure was a tincture of the ripe berries of Crataegus oxyacanthus. The first conspicuous American reference to the remedy was an article by Dr. J.C.Jennings of Chico, 1896 in the New York Medical Journal, which drew further attention to the drug.

The part used in medicine is the ripe fruit, this being employed by Dr. Green who used tincture extracted of the imported hawthorn berries, but comparetive investigations finally led to the conclusion that this berry is inferior to one of the American species.

Hawthorn's wide ranging chemistry affects the body in many ways. Research scientists have found that it is able to inhibit natural enzyme responses in the blood vessels. These angiotensin converting enzyme are responsible for constricting blood vessels, which help to move the blood along efficiently. The various chemical compounds of hawthorn override these enzyme and keep the blood vessel open, thus improving circulation. This is vital in a situation where blood vessels lack tone and have become inert because they are clogged up with fat and calcium deposits. In this situation an enzyme that shuts down the blood vessels further and restricts what little available space there it will contribute to a dangerous situation.

Hawthorn helps to lessen pain in the heart and adjacent areas and increases warmth in cold hands and feet, where the drop in temperature due to poor circulation. Other chemical components help to re-elasticate the blood vessel walls and in turn assist their peristaltic and flexin action, thus promoting good blood flow and cirluation throughout the entire body. The plant chemical rutin, which is a flavonoid, is partly responsible for this and also helps to re-build the collagen fibers that maintain the outer layers of the vessel.

Hawthorn's antioxidant and vitamin C rich chemistry assist in keeping all the circulatory components young, active and functioning property, revitalizing, rebuilding and helping to prevent further deterioration. The antioxidants in the herb help to reduce inflammation, which in turn can contribute to relieving congestion, stagnation, pain, sluggishness and associated conditions and symptoms. The triperpene acids contained in hawthorn can help balance low blood pressure. Hawthorn can also play a part in lowering cholesterol levels and removing plaque that has accumulated in the arteries.

Hawthorn strengthens the pumping action of the heart and reduces its workload, partly by steadying the beat inself and also by increasing the hearts tolerance to oxygen deficiency. Hawthorn will normalize and gently strengthen muscle contractions of the heart, thus balancing any heart irregularities present. Hawthorn is also good for arthritis as it helps stabilize collegen, the protein found in joints, and thus protests the joints from damage inflicted by inflammatory disease.

Hawthorn can be used with many kinds of pharmaceutically produced drugs, however, if is suggested that it should not be combined with beta-blockers because this combination could potentially raise blood pressure. More importantly, it has been suggested that hawthorn should not be combined with heart-drug herbs containing cardiac glycosides, such as Foxglove and Lily of the Valley.

It has been observed through clinical studies that even with long-term medicinal used of hawthorn, toxicity does not seem to accumulate in the body. It is considered extremely safe to take both in the long term and the short term. The Britis herbalist simon Mills refers to Hawthorn as one of the safest plant available. Other practitioners refer to it as a 'heart food'.

Hawthorn is one herb that everyone over 50 years old should use daily or weekly. It's an ideal treatment for people who become breathless when walking and who cannot bend down, for those with breathing problems, angina pain or experience of heart episodes. The herb's qualities as an excellent digestive are also valuable.

The American Dispensatory has an article by Dr. Felter, who writes "It's a curative remedy for organic and functional heart disorders, including cardiac hypertrophy, with mitral regurgitation from valvular insufficiency, and angina pectoris".

Fyfe's (Eclectic) Materia Medica mentions the indications for giving Crataegus to be "cardiac neuralgia, , palpitation, intermittent pulse with increased rate, extreme dyspnea on slight exertion. Usually accompanied with pain in the cardiac region, valvular deficiency, with or without enlargement. Crataegus is a remedy of great power in both functional and organic wrongs of the heart. In angina pectoris and in valvular deficiencies most wounderful result have been obtained from its exhibition after failure of the best known heart remedies".

Investigators are divided as to its activity, some claining it only as a functional remedy, while others go so far as to claim it curative of many heart irregularities, even in the presence of an actual organic disease of that organ.

There is no doubt, however, of its value in many of the conditions mentioned, especially the functional types, and there can be no questions to its value as a tonic to the heart muscle.

Thillai

Re: Crataegus - A Remedy for Heart By: Truthfinder
Colorado

March 4 2007
Thanks, Thill.

The Hawthorn extract I got was made from "Cataegus spp." - not a variety listed above. It is made from berries, leaves and flowers.

I was only taking 5 drops, 2 times a day, and it made me feel ill all over and somehow out of balance within a week.

(The recommended dosage is 60-90 drops 4 times a day! Good thing I chose to start slow and work upward!)

Tracy

Tracy

Re: Crataegus - A Remedy for Heart By: Thill

March 4 2007
Tracy

Hawthorn leave, flower and berry of the most species have the same effect. However, the chemical component found in each specie is varies. Crataegus oxyacatha is the specie widly used.

5 drops at a time, 2-3 times a day in a glass of water would be best to start from. Some homeopaths starts from 4 drops taken after meals. If taken before meals it may, in very susceptible patients, cause nausea. Also that after its use for a month, it may be well to discontinue for a week or two, then it should be renewed.

If it is taken in higher doses the blood pressure may drop down to a dangerous level.

Best wishes

Thillai

Colorado

March 4 2007
Hi, Thill - thanks for your comments.

Yes, Crataegus oxycantha is what I expected to get.

I actually started with 2 drops, 2 times a day in 4 ounces of water, increasing by 1 drop a day.

I never felt nauseated, but if I had suddenly vomited, it would not have surprised me. The symptoms were so terribly vague, I've not found a way to describe them.

I'm back taking it, but only 2 drops, 2 times per day in water. I will see what happens over time.

Tracy

Tracy

March 5 2007
Hi Tracy,

Let us know your experience.

I believe that you are taking Crataegus, a herbal supplement, (spp - Standard Potentialized Prepration) Herbalists use all three parts of the plant - leave, flower and fruit. The fruit they use, taken before it fully ripe. Homeopathy use only juice of riped fruits of Crataegus oxyacantha.

If herbal supplement is not tolerated, try homeopathic tinctrure.

Thillai

Colorado

March 15 2007
Thank you for explaining some of this, Thill. I think you have given me better information than anything I've been able to dig up on the Internet.

I have been unable to find a "homeopathic tincture", meaning a mother tincture. And I just found out from the lab I order most of my remedies from that Crataegus is on their list of "prescription only" items, so even if I wanted to, I can't order any potency of Crataegus remedy. Only homeopaths can do that. I found that very odd, to say the least.

I was up to 3 drops in a little water, 2 times a day, and had another bad day. This time, though, I simply waited until the "unwell" feeling subsided, and the next day, I started back on the drops. I think it may just be a periodic thing, and if so, I can live with that. I'll keep trying it and see what happens.

Tracy

Tracy

March 15 2007
Tracy,

There is no know side effect reported. Some patients, however, experienced a temporary disturbance of light headache.

Try in a glassful of water after meals.

Thillai

Colorado

March 16 2007
Thill,

It could be some kind of interaction with something else I am taking. There is always that possibility.

I really try to avoid much liquid after meals since it dilutes stomach acid, and I need all the digestive aid I can get.

I think it will be okay. But as I said, I think it may be a combination of 2 things I'm taking and I'll try to sort that out.

Thanks -

Tracy

Tracy

Re: Crataegus - A Remedy for Heart By: girilal
New Jersey USA

January 14 2008
Crataegus Pinnatidifa is a Chinese substitute for Crataegus Oxyacantha/

Today i visited a Chinese store and purchased a packet of dried berries for just $1.99

I suggest you to make the medicine following way.

Soak the berries in lukewarm water for 2 hours.

Rinse after 2 hours to remove all preservatives (if any)

Soak the berries in any liquor of your choice. At the second day you can start using two spoons from that liquor.

When liquid is no more, more liquor can be added till the berries give juice.

girilal

Colorado

January 15 2008
Very good, Girilal!

I think I'll ask my local health food store if they can order any dried berries..... it won't hurt to ask. If not, I'm sure I could probably find some online....

Thank you. Smile

Tracy

New Jersey USA

January 17 2008
I bought 2 lbs for just $1.99

girilal

New Jersey USA

January 17 2008
Crataegus

On all Chinese or Korean stores dried Hawthorne berries are available inexpensively. I bought 2 pounds of berries for just $1.99.

I suggest following way to make Crataegus Q

Soak the berries in lukewarm water for half hour so that all preservatives, if any - dissolve off in the water.

Drain off the water and put wet berries in water + any cheap liquor, vodka or whiskey etc. (Half water half liquor) By each day liquor will contain more juice from the berries.

Take two spoonfuls of that liquid twice a day. When liquid is almost finished and you feel there is still juice in the berries you can add more water + liquor. Or you can make new batch.

girilal

Colorado

January 17 2008
Boy, from the picture, those berries look HUGE. Or maybe they are just in clumps....

I would prefer getting the Crataegus oxycantha.... I doubt if I will be able to get that but doubt if I will have a big choice.

I ordered some Q tincuture from London (C. oxycantha). It will be awhile before I use it up., expecially since my heart palpitations have not been bothering me so I forget to take it. Smile

Tracy

Colorado

January 20 2008
Girilal, I talked to my health food store guy -

He can get me dried 'crateagus laevigata' for about $10.00 per pound. While that seems a little expensive, it will still be much cheaper than ordering it from overseas!

I've only been taking 5 drops of Q tincture twice a day in a bit of water, and it seems to be enough.

(At first, I thought C. laevigata was not what I wanted, but thanks to your first post, I see that C leavigata is the same as C. oxycantha.) Smile

Thanks, girilal, for posting about the dried berries. Smile

Tracy

Re: Crataegus - A Remedy for Heart By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

January 20 2008
To Truthfinder

You stated:

" I ordered some Q tincuture from London (C. oxycantha). It will be awhile before I use it up., expecially since my heart palpitations have not been bothering me so I forget to take it. Smile"

I presume that you are concerned with your Arrhythmia or Palpitations and would like to advice you to have an ECG taken if possible when you have your palpitation. You can otherwise do a stress test and take the ECG immediately after. You can also do a full Blood Test and check for Cholesterol and Triglycerides which will give you the possible problems that you can suffer from. Your BP and Pulse rate is of course the best test and can be done in a few minutes.

Consult a cardiac specialist with the ECG and discuss with him the possible cause of your problem.

If you drink more than 2 cups of tea daily, it is possible that Tea may be a causative factor. There are some Amphetamines in tea that can cause arrhythmia and you can easily check this out for yourself by not drinkng tea at all for a few days and observe if it makes any difference in the frequency of your palpitations.

Re: Crataegus - A Remedy for Heart By: MAX VARMA
New Delhi and Vancouver

January 20 2008
Dear Joe,
That is very useful information.
Pankaj Varma

There is only one religion....called mankind.
There is only one law....the law of Karma
There is only one God....He is everywhere and with everyone and knows everything.

January 20 2008
If you know the risk factors of your heart disease it will be easy to control the disease. Obesity, a high fat diet, not enough exercise, stress, high cholesterol, high blood pressure are the most important factors.

Here are some steps that will take care of your heart

1. Alcohol - use moderately.
2. Add garlic into your diet
3. Keep your Fibrinogen Low
4. Keep your Homecysteine Low
5. Keep you C-Reactive Proten Low
6. Take plenty of Magnesium
7. Take antioxident daily
8. Take enough fibre with your food.
9. Drink 6 - 8 glasses of pure water daily, and
10. Do exercise, at least 40 minutes a day, 3 - 4 days a week.

To strengthen you heart:

1. CoQ10 - 30mg twice a day,
2. Crataegus oxyacantha MT - 5 drops in a little water 2 - 3 times daily, and
3. Carnitine 500-mg twice a day between meals.

Try not to use combination of drugs.

Your heart disease is not responding favourably in a month's time, you need to look into the stress factors closely.

Thillai

Re: Crataegus - A Remedy for Heart By: Jayashree
Calcutta, India

January 21 2008
I am taking Cratageus Oxy, Q 10 drops twice daily and it has helped my hypertension a lot. Take it just after breakfast and dinner. Recently i stopped after dinner and my BP seems to have increased, so have restarted the twice a day formula. This showed that it was helping me.

Jayashree Kanoi

Colorado

January 22 2008
Joe and Thill, you’ve made some good suggestions here for dealing with heart issues.

Cholesterol, triglycerides, BP and heart rate are always in the low-normal range; I have routine blood tests done every spring just to check for any abnormalities. I drink 90% decaffeinated coffee, and not much of that; no caffeinated teas at all. I have palpitations or tachycardia or fainting spells so rarely these days that trying to catch it with an ECG or EKG will be next to impossible. It is not triggered by exercise.

I do not drink alcohol (as I am a recovering alcoholic for many years); garlic will be added once I’ve adjusted my bone-building supplements to tolerance; fibrinogen is normal (but this is still a question on my mind); CRP has always been normal; I’ve finally found a powdered magnesium supplement that I can tolerate and am slowly building that up; I take antioxidants including 2 to 8 grams of Vitamin C a day; I’ve been taking added fiber for 21 years now; my exercise has been seriously curtailed this winter by so much snow (!); I do take 30 mg. of CoQ10, and my daily supplement has all the amino acids so don’t take any additional except some L-ornithine occasionally which may help detox ammonia in the brain (toxins from bacteria).

I am on no prescription medications at this time. I may be adding some bio-identical hormones back (topically) to help with bone-building. Have not decided yet.

I’m quite sure that my heart ‘oddities’ are a direct result of Lyme Disease, which I know I have. The heart is just one of the many organs and tissues that Lyme can invade. In all probability, I have Mitral Valve Prolapse since about 70% of Lyme patients have this. My medical doctor has already agreed to do tests for MVP whenever I am ready – and I will consider that again if I begin to have consistent symptoms.

One of the common co-infections of Lyme Disease is Chlamydia pneumonia, which has recently been linked to heart attacks and other cardiac problems. So, that’s another possibility. Tests for C. pneumonia aren’t widely available just yet, so I have not pushed for a test for this.

As evidence that my heart issues are probably ‘microorganism’ related, there are two herbal extracts I’ve taken in the past which were designed to treat the Lyme Disease bacteria (Borrelia burdorferi). And in both cases, using those extracts dramatically increased my heart palpitations. This is similar to a ‘herx’ reaction – a medically recognized reaction of an increase in symptoms which is connected to killing bacteria with antibiotics.

Besides, my medical doctor is getting tired of me requesting tests, and then if he finds anything wrong, I usually refuse to take the drugs that are available to ‘treat’ it. There is nothing he can give me for Lyme Disease, but I’m sure there is something out there he would think I should take for any heart problem.

How do I explain to him – once again - that I will treat with homeopathy instead?  He must cringe whenever I come through his door.

Tracy

Tracy

Sri Lanka

January 22 2008
I am concerned to learn about your Mitral Valve Prolapse but am relieved to note that it is just you that diagnosed this condition on the presumption that you have Lyme disease, and that you must therefore suffer from it. Before you jump to this conclusion, I would request you to get a ECG done as this will confirm your diagnosis which I feel is wrong. If your Blood Pressure is normal the chances are that your MVP is just your imagination.

I note that you take a massive dose of Vitamin C daily. Please note that this too can be a causative factor for Arrhythmia of the heart. I would also advice you to stop all vitamins and other supplements you are now taking for a month and watch the difference in your life.

Take Arnica 30c in the wet dose twice daily and if you are overweight take Nat Phos 6x 3 tablets after meals.

Please report your response in 2 weeks.

You may like to know that I do not take any vitamins or minerals or other supplements at all today and at 78 years of age my BP is <120/80 with Pulse 65 at rest. I do not also take any drugs whatever as I only use Homeopathic remedies specifically Arnica 30c in the wet dose daily to keep me well.

Colorado

January 24 2008
While I appreciate your input, Joe, please note that I was not seeking any advice for my “condition”. Nor did I diagnose anything – MVP is a suspicion based on reading a great deal of material. My heart issues are not my ‘chief complaint’ – in fact, they don’t even make it to the top 3 complaints, so they will not be my focus of attention.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that I do currently take homeopathic medicines, and that I was under the care of a classical homeopath for a year. When finances allow, I will be consulting with a classical homeopath once again.

Thank you for taking time to post your ideas for me.

One other thought….. CALCIUM.

Last summer, a calcium blood test showed that my calcium levels were slightly low. I have supplemented with a good calcium supplement and I do think that my heart palpitations are far less frequent now. (I’ll also try to incorporate some “Calc” 6x cell salts into my regimen once I’m sure I have no problems with calcium supplement.)

We know that calcium is important for contraction of muscles, so perhaps this has helped my heart function.

Tracy

Re: Crataegus - A Remedy for Heart By: Pat2006M

January 24 2008
Good morning Tracy

Please don't take offense with my answer. I don't mean to be offensive.

I just want to say that I concur with Joe De Livera. I also got a very strong impression that you are imagining something about your health. At this time, I'm not going to reread what you wrote and I'm not going to make any further comments. I didn't say anything earlier because I felt like you might not appreciate my comments. So I just kept quiet. Again, I apologize if I'm being offensive.

Sri Lanka

January 25 2008
To Tracy

I seem to detect an undertone of irritation in your post addressed to me, merely because I had suggested that your MVP may only be a figment of your imagination. You may have read all the literature available on it but the fact remains that you had not been positively diagnosed with it. I presume that you are aware that MVP is not comparable to a minor ailment like a common cold and I am indeed surprised that in the order of your priorities your MVP takes the bottom rung. I also presume that you consider your arrhythmia and palpitations at this same level.

I note that you have been under the treatment of a classical homeopath and wonder why you decided to register and post your ailments on the Homeopathy and More Forum and I presume that you did so because the treatment that you got from him/her did not help your ailments. This is not at all unusual as the majority of classical homeopaths are trained not to cure patients as soon as possible even though they are fully aware that a given remedy will cure the ailment that the patient presents. Instead they prefer to keep their patient dangling on a fine thread which they control by prescribing one remedy after another, all of which result in increasing their revenue with each visit of their patients, as you would have discovered by yourself by now.

The majority of the prescribers here are not qualified homeopaths but they do have vast experience in Homeopathic therapy and also have a somewhat divergent attitude towards Homeopathy which in my case has been referred to internationally as "Joepathy". We do also have an all time record of success in the treatment of patients who have sometimes expressed their gratitude for their cures. It is very rarely indeed that a patient resents our desire to be of assistance and I do wonder what your reason is for doing so as expressed in your post above.

It has always been our pleasure to help anyone in distress who seeks our assistance on this Forum which we gladly share free of charge. I had presumed that you too wished to take advantage of our policy in posting your ailment and I dealt with it in my usual manner.

If you resent our policy and do not wish to be treated by us, it would be appreciated if you will please desist from visiting this Forum.

Re: Crataegus - A Remedy for Heart By: gavinimurthy

January 25 2008
Tracy

Forums are not only for getting prescriptions , but also to share our thoughts. Ignore those egoistic posters who happen to be just members just like you and me, but imagine themselves to be superior to others.

You need not hesitate to share your thoughts on this forum.

Murthy

Colorado

January 25 2008
Wrong on all counts, Joe.

First, this thread is about Crataegus, and my only questions to anyone involved – nearly a year ago - were about the products on the market and an odd reaction to an herbal extract of Crataegus. (That problem resolved itself, I might add.)

Second, I did appreciate your input and I clearly thanked you for expressing your ideas.

Third – and this is the most important – I used the term ‘classical homeopath’ simply to differentiate my treatment and my experience from any other homeopathic practice - such as the use of combination remedies, a ‘this for that’ approach, the use of homochords, using homeopathics for drainage and detox purposes, etc. I chose that term for clarification purposes only and not with any intent to discredit or malign any other forms of homeopathic prescribing. I have no experience with other methods so I don’t want to imply that I do.

I am not the enemy, Joe. In fact, sometimes I still reach for my Nat Phos 6x as needed, which goes way back to some of your posts over at ABC. Each practitioner out there is free to prescribe in the way they see fit.

Fourth, I totally disagree with your characterization of most classical homeopaths, but that is just my opinion, just as you have expressed yours.

Fifth, you didn’t detect ‘irritation’ – perhaps you detected “bewilderment”. There are threads out there where people have asked for help with specific problems, and yet they got few or no responses. I asked for nothing and yet I got advice. Thus, it was confusing to me.

Sixth, I came to this forum to watch and learn, ask questions, seek help if I need it, and contribute if I think I have some way to contribute within my limited experience. If this forum is only for those seeking help, then perhaps I have made a mistake. I did not see any type of notice on the homepage to that effect. If you wish to kick me off this forum because I have not yet requested some kind of advice or treatment, I guess you are free to do so. Smile

Tracy

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.