Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Calcarea Silicata
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

TREATMENT OF CHIKUNGUNYA
Started by: Joe De Livera at February 26 2007

Replies: 27 & Views: 7157    Font    Page 1 of 2  Goto page 1, 2  Next          Reply

TREATMENT OF CHIKUNGUNYA By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

February 26 2007
Chikun Gunya was first reported in Sri Lanka in November 2006 and I have had some success in treating this dreaded disease which I would like to share with members of this forum who may be interested in using my therapy if and when they are consulted by a patient.

This disease was almost pandemic about 2 months ago with about 25% of the population succumbing but today it is on the wane with no new cases reported. However the patients that I see today are those who suffer from the after effects of this disease which they had first contracted as far back as November. They usually present today with pain in their joints similar to arthritis, swollen ankles, insomnia and general malaise.

At the onset of this disease they presented with high fever around 40C, rigor with violent shivering, bitter taste in the mouth, vomiting and dehydration, vertigo, dark pink rash or some type of round 'wart' formation on patches of the skin which was unusual to behold both of which seemed to migrate from one part of the body to the other within a few hours in the case of the former and in a day or so in the case of the latter, swollen limbs especially ankles, acute headache etc.

I used Oscillococinnum 200 and Bell 200 at first for the fever but when I discovered that these remedies were not able to control the fever, I was compelled to use Paracetemol. The fever and joint pains are usually present for the first 3-4 days and are usually the first sign of infection that the patient notices. It is then followed by the other symptoms in quick succession and almost all the symptoms of other diseases were manifested with Chikingunya but the rule of thumb was that if the patient presented with fever and joint pains, this was surely CG.

I used Polyporus Pinicola 200c to treat this disease with success if the patient presented within the first few days of noticing the fever. This remedy seemed to work in an almost miraculous manner and the patient was soon cured in a few days with little or no after effects. Unfortunately the majority seek medical assistance at first and the drugs that many doctors prescribed ranged from powerful antibiotics including Augmentin to Steroids which seem to help but only very temporarily. The steroids are usually very effective during the period they are taken but as soon as they are stopped the after effects are pathetic as the patient is in a far worse state than before and has to recover from the after effects including the increase in weight. I regret to record that patients who consult me today usually report that their doctors have put them on steroids and there is little that I can do to help the increased weight that results.

I used Apis 6c to help with the edema of the ankles that usually follows about a week after the first symptoms are manifested and continues for months thereafter. I used Gelsemium 30c as a prophylactic to help members of the same household to avoid contracting this disease and this remedy has worked to ensure that CG is not spread among others in close contact with the patient.

This disease was pandemic here in Sri Lanka from last November to the end of January when about 20% of the population were affected but mercifully no new cases are reported today. Many senior citizens were reported to have died and all hospitals were full and no beds were available in the majority of the hospitals in Colombo. In all cases the doctors were only experimenting with their patients using various drugs with little or no success. There is no doubt that the remedies that I used were by far more effective in the treatment of this disease and I had some satisfaction in treating some doctors who even today are suffering from this disease many months after infection who could not cure themselves.

I have had some remarkable success in helping patients who present today with the after effects of Chikungunya with swollen ankles and pain in the joints which continue even 3 months after the onset of this disease. I use a lower potency of Polyporus Pinicola in the 30c potency which is taken in the wet dose, a teaspoonful sipped twice daily. This is made by inserting 2-3 drops of the remedy in Ethanol, into a 500ml bottle of spring water. A dose is a teaspoonful which is taken twice daily.

I invite members to record their own observations on this disease which has been classified as perhaps the most debilitating of diseases experienced during the past 50 years, as this information will be useful to others who may have to face this disease which may migrate to their own countries.

Re: TREATMENT OF CHIKUNGUNYA By: JacobScott
England, UK.

February 27 2007
Hmm...very interesting, and...if you don't mind me asking, as I am sure everyone is interested, exactly how many people with the disease did you actually sucessfully 'treat' in this way Mr De Livera?

"When dealing with absolute truth, there is neither room for emotion, nor individual interpretation of what necessarily is, irrefutable fact."

Re: TREATMENT OF CHIKUNGUNYA By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

February 27 2007
I do not have any precise records of patients I have treated for Chikungunya but I believe that I have treated over 50 patients directly. In most instances other members of the patient's household who also succumbed to this disease also used the same therapy which in almost all instances helped them. It can therefore be assumed that more patients who suffered from this disease were helped than those whom I treated directly. They reported that they noticed an alleviation of their sundry aches and pains throughout their bodies within a few days, while the swelling of their ankles from which many were suffering from for months, was reduced very quickly.

A case of Vertigo which lead to the patient, a MRCP physician, often losing her balance was also helped within a week. Her body aches were also helped in a few days. She informed me that she had experimented with a variety of drugs on herself since she first contracted CG about 3 months ago, but that they all did not have the curative power of the Poly Pin.

It is interesting to note that Polyporus Pinicola lists Vertigo in Boericke's Materia Medica.

In all instances I have used Poly Pin in the 30c potency in the wet dose to treat chronic cases which were over a month after infection but in the case of a few who presented with the disease within a few days after infection, I used the 200c potency in the dry dose just once daily when relief was usually noted in about 3 days.

Re: TREATMENT OF CHIKUNGUNYA By: dr dutta

February 27 2007
Of-course Polyporus Pinicola 200C is a proven remedy to cure chikungunya.

England, UK.

February 27 2007
Dear Mr De Livera, this is a great shame, as of course if you have actually discovered a way of treating a new pandemic disease, this should be subject to scrutiny by our governing bodies and if found to actually have credence, added to our global knowledge of Homoeopathy. Of course you would also receive the recongnition for such a great achievement of finding cure for a pandemic, which strangley, read to me just like one of Hahnemann's own accounts of his discovering remedies, and therefore cure, of such diseases...interesting.

I would suggest then, in the future, it may be a good idea to keep such records, which of course will be in your best interest as well as ours, as I am now in a position, along with a group of other Homoeopaths, to organize such scrutiny, and will therefore eagerly await your next announcement of such exciting new discoveries, either here or elsewhere. Of course you do state this though "I had some satisfaction in treating some doctors who even today are suffering from this disease many months after infection who could not cure themselves." I presume, being Doctors, these people could be contacted to provide statistical information of the disease, and of course, your treament also, I'm sure this would be most revealing.

...best wishes.

-Jacob.

"When dealing with absolute truth, there is neither room for emotion, nor individual interpretation of what necessarily is, irrefutable fact."

England, UK.

February 27 2007
Really Dr Dutta? So this remedy was already known to cure the disease, before Mr De Livera 'discovered' this? Hmm...If this is indeed the case, then he cannot really claim it as 'his therapy' at all...can he.

Why am I having de ja vous here?

Sri Lanka

February 28 2007
To Jacob Scott

I do wonder what really motivates you to shadow my posts on this forum purely to criticize my efforts in helping those who visit it to get some help to overcome their ailments. I notice that you have edited your post no less than 5 times over which I believe is an all time record for any post on any forum. This perhaps gives an insight into the inner workings of your mind which I believe is so clouded with uncertainty but is obsessed with the singular thought of showing off your superior classical knowledge of homeopathy, which you pretend to profess.

In this case, all I attempted to do was to share with others the therapy I used to successfully help, perhaps over a hundred patients who were infected by this dreaded mosquito borne virus which was unusual in its impact on the human body as it still continues even today, 3 months after the first symptoms were noticed, in a manner that is unprecedented in Sri Lanka and perhaps in the world, wherever this disease has struck. You, living in London, were saved from the ravages of this disease up to now, but in the event that it does visit your own country, you may perhaps live to thank me for having shared my therapy with you. That is, presuming that you do still treat patients, instead of wasting your time criticizing me and others in the same facetious manner which is your hallmark, coupled to that holier than thou attitude which you adopt which I do resent, especially since it comes, on your own admission, from a non qualified exponent of "classical homeopathy".

I did not claim to have "discovered" the cure for Chikungunya in my post above. I was informed of its use in India by fellow Homeopaths and as far as I am aware, this has not been recorded in any Homeopathic Forum and I felt that I should do so on this Forum. All I sought to do was to record my therapy for the benefit of others who may find it useful in the treatment of this disease which was pandemic in India last year and now in Sri Lanka. You stated that my therapy "should be subject to scrutiny by our governing bodies and if found to actually have credence, added to our global knowledge of Homoeopathy". You are free to use my therapy wherever Chikungunya is reported and to test its efficacy and hopefully record and report the response of patients to it.

You also state that "I am now in a position, along with a group of other Homoeopaths, to organize such scrutiny, and will therefore eagerly await your next announcement of such exciting new discoveries, either here or elsewhere". Chikungunya will obviously not qualify under your specifications as it is not my own discovery but you are welcome to do so with the 2 Discoveries listed below which I can justly claim to be the first to discover and share my findings with the world:

1) Arnica 30c which has shown great promise in the treatment of Diabetes and is being used today perhaps by thousands.
2) Nat Phos 6x which is being used extensively perhaps by hundreds of thousands for the reduction of weight in the Obese.

If as you state, you are in a position to share this information with others, it will be in the interest of those involved in healing that you spread the word about the therapy I used for Chikungunya, as it has proved to have a far greater impact and curative rate than all the combined therapies used by physicians who invariably have resorted to powerful drugs including Antibiotics and Steroids which in one unfortunate case lead to the sudden build up of fluid in the lungs of a patient which a surgeon tried to aspirate with a needle that he obviously pushed in too deep into her left lung as it punctured her heart, causing the immediate death of the patient on the operating table. This was a case that was widely reported in the local press a fortnight ago. Her death due to this surgical misadventure is indeed very unfortunate as she may yet be alive if she had first consulted me.

I have no intention of following your advice to keep records of my patients, doctors or otherwise, to submit them to your scrutiny as I believe that no purpose can be served by my doing so, since in your case all you wish to do is to sensationalize the case which I have had prior experience in encountering on another forum, where you were warned by the moderator not to interfere with my posts.

It is my hope that you will not persist in continuing in your self appointed role of steering Homeopaths to the classical path as defined by you, on this Forum. I would advice you to spend your time more usefully in being more helpful to others by prescribing the remedy for their ailment if you still wish to visit this forum, as it is only very rarely that I have seen you do so in the past year, since you first decided to inflict your presence on Homeopathic Fora.

I for one categorically refuse to be guided by your own interpretation of the classical homeopathic rules.

Joe De Livera
Colombo
Sri Lanka

England, UK.

February 28 2007
Okay I will try to keep this brief as I have no desire to indulge in long winded dialogue, some of us have publishing deadlines to meet Smile.

1/. I don't believe I shadowed any of your posts, or 'critcized' anything, but if you can point out where I have, please feel free to do so.
2/. Haha, there is no uncertainty in those who know only the truth Mr De Livera, really, maybe you should try looking for it some day. Also...um, if the amount of times someone edits a post is giving you 'insights' into how their mind works, then it is no wonder to me that you have arrived at such bizarre notions when it comes to Homoeopathy, as your powers of reasoning have obviously become(?) perverted in some way. I am glad though to have broken this record, and will do my level best to break even my own record in the future. I also of course do not 'pretend' anything, but then I'm not the one obviously fabricating cases and achievements to gain admiration and give credence to my own 'system', something we have all caught you out on many times elsewhere. I am merely stating the assertions of the founder of Homoeopathy, who's words you choose to ignore at every available oppurtunity, and with every prescription you make.
3/. If this disease does ever visit my country I will simply do what I have always done with epidemics, find the correct remedies to treat them (rather than asserting I have discovered these when they are already in use), and circulate these to the local community. You really would be the last person I would consult for any kind of medical advice, as Homoeopathically speaking we do not even play in the same ballpark. I do not play with amateurs who have not even been able to grasp the basic principles of the subject.
4/. I would also point out that is you who has once again first resorted to personal remarks, as you always do, and personally I find only those who have something to hide, or have no weight to their assertions usually resort to such things. And oh, yes, if this is all you have, 'qualified' I may not be...at least for the next few remaining months, being as I now am, personally 'tutored' by the same Homoeopath who tutored Dr Luc De Schepper, in order to attain the qualification which will be soon needed to practice in the UK, and which you have alsways placed far more importance on than I ever have; but I HAVE already received full formal training from a qualified tutor as well you know, and this is much more than you have had, which of course we were never privvy too, as you ran away from the forum when you were asked to provide your credentials. I hope your memory isn't failing you on this, because I am quite happy to remind you whenever the need arises.
5/. "I did not claim to have 'discovered" the cure for Chikungunya in my post above."Please Mr De Livera, do not insult my intelligence anymore than you already do by claiming to be a Homoeopath, virtually every one of your posts is self congratulatory, or stating you have made some startling new discovery, which always turns out to be nothing more than we have seen before.
Also, and more importantly of course "which I would like to share with members of this forum who may be interested in using my therapy". 'MY therapy'. I think that says it clearly enough?
6/. As for your delusions regarding Arnica and Nat Phos, we have gone over this elsewhere, you were not capable of understanding then, I am sure this hasn't changed in the last few months.
7/. I was never actually warned by anyone to moderate my posts specifically addressed to you Mr De Livera, again you credit yourself with too much importance there.
8/. Then you hope in vain! And of course you are not in a position to tell me what to do, either here or anywhere else. oh, and my presence is never inflicted, it's a gift, and I am not going anywhere, either here, or on any other forum, and by the time my work is complete, I intend to make everyone aware of the very real dangers presented by mongrel amateur 'Homoeopaths' such as yourself. Get used to it Smile

In closing, "I for one categorically refuse to be guided by your own interpretation of the classical homeopathic rules." There is no interpretation, as stated before, you either get it...or you don't Wink

Have a wonderful day.

Jacob Scott.

Sri Lanka

March 1 2007
To Jacob Scott

I can see that there is nothing more to be gained by responding to your post in detail as I have already spent too much of my time in my last post in trying to open your eyes to the realities of your own brand of classical homeopathy which in the case of some classical homeopaths is only a ruse to milk the patient until in desperation, he decides to consult an allopath or post on a forum such as this and discovers that he is soon cured by those who like me, treat the disease and do not follow your guidelines in hyper classical homeopathy.

It is obvious that you have a mindset I can best describe as devious and in the circumstances I feel that it would be a waste of my time to respond to your inane post. All you have done so far is to criticize me and others who have been the backbone of this forum and and have tried to help patients who post here in the hope that they can be cured with our own brand of non classical Homeopathy which in my case has been classified as "Joepathy". You carried out your agenda on the ABC and I cannot understand the reason for your inflicting your presence on this Forum to continue your tirade here, as your attitude is not acceptable to us. We are all here to help patients and not to criticize each other especially those who have the ability to help, as you have done in almost every one of your posts here. We resent your intrusion and hope that you will not continue on your avowed mission to ensure that only your brand of classical homeopathy is promoted on this Forum.

You mentioned that you are studying under Luc de Schpper's tutor. I have been in close contact with Luc during the 2 weeks he was with us, 2 years ago in Sri Lanka and can assure you that there is a wide disparity between his approach towards healing and yours. It is the warmth in his approach and his love of healing, coupled to his knowledge of Homeopathy that makes the intrinsic difference between him and you. He can be ranked among the greatest living homeopaths today and this is because of his ability to reach out to the patient that makes him stand out among the crowd. It is your "holier than thou" attitude that we resent and the manner that you manipulate words and above all the obvious rudeness that you display that I can predict will be your downfall in later life, if and when you qualify to practice as a homeopath. Remember that it is not only book knowledge that matters in this science of healing. It is also the soul which you singularly lack.

I note that you are ever ready to question the advice of other members of this forum who try to help a patient but did not notice your trying to help by prescribing a remedy during the week that you have been tolerated on this forum. I believe that your presence on this forum, which up to now has been a peaceful haven for patients to discuss their ailments, is slowly turning it into another battle field similar to the ABC which you seem to have vacated again. I can see that your sole intention in inflicting your presence here is to show off your knowledge in homeopathy which you consider even superior to that of others, classical or otherwise. It is the humility to share your viewpoint with others that you sorely lack.

I would advice you not to waste our time here as you have only been tolerated up to now. You have only succeeded in creating some unnecessary dissension and unpleasantness here not only with me but with other founder members of this Forum. You are advised that there are means available to ensure that you are prevented from continuing on your avowed mission to do so.

I would like to leave you with a quotation from Aldous Huxley which I feel describes your mind set precisely.

"At least two-thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity: idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religous or political ideas."

It would have been more appropriate, in your case, if he had added "Homeopathic " as the penultimate word.

Joe De Livera

Re: TREATMENT OF CHIKUNGUNYA By: Jayashree
Calcutta, India

March 1 2007
Dear Administrator,
Will you allow this person to start all this negativity here also. He has already had an eminent person like Joe banned from ABC. He too has been banned there. I feel now is the time to remove Jacob Scott from here too before the forum becomes muddy.

Jayashree Kanoi

England, UK.

March 1 2007
Dear Jayashree, you really should always be in posession of BOTH sides of the story before you jump into a discussion, it saves people becoming annoyed, and Mr De Livera had HIMSELF banned (which I wasn't even aware of until now) from ABC by his constant personal remarks, something he was warned for (as were we all), and HE also first reinitiated this above, if you had read correctly...and for your information.

His eminence, is also of course very much debatable, and a matter of opinion.

England, UK.

March 1 2007
Dear Mr De Livera, I have quickly glanced through the above post, and it is quite clear from this you are still incapable of grasping the thread of a conversation, or maintaining any kind of grip on anything resembling actual reality, judging by your delusional assertions, and also your opinions of me, when you know nothing about me whatsoever. But I will respond in a similar manner to your personal remarks, which is all I have ever done to both you and your 'friend'. I do not consider you to be anything other than an unskilled 'armchair Homoeopath' who uses false information, lack of understanding, and self-congratualtion to bolster his own ego, and you do all this with little care of the harm your totally unhomoeopathic methods may actually be doing to patients long term, or to the good name of OUR (that is all TRUE Homeopaths)noble science. For the most part I will therefore simply refer you to the first line of my post above: "Okay I will try to keep this brief as I have no desire to indulge in long winded dialogue, some of us have publishing deadlines to meet Smile."

I will address three points specifically though.
1/. It is not my concern how Dr Luc or anyone else chooses to practice, as this is solely their affair. I also have no interest in how they are regarded, right now. I consider only two people to be my peers and equals in Homoeopathy, Samuel Hahnemann and James Tyler Kent, both of which you insult with every prescription you make. I am not being 'tutored' to actually learn anything, but simply to attain a 'qualification' which will soon be required to practice here, and to add an apparently needed 'decoration' to the cover of my forthcoming book. I do not need to be 'taught' anything on the subject, so please, do not concern yourself that my opinions on Homoeopathy, or of the methods of people like you will ever change, they will not, and neither will my desire to challenge them, and prove them as the fallacy they are undoubtedley are.
2/. Do not speak to me of humilty, or compassion, or throw irrelevant quotations at me, as you know nothing about me. I have dedicated 12 years of my life to the REAL healing of the sick (rather than just making them worse with poor, superficially acting/supressing prescriptions), and to the study and cause of Homoeopathy, for which I would readily die right here, right now, Homoeopathy is the very reason I am here, can you say the same? You cannot.
3/. If the moderators here decide to remove me, that is their choice, but do not threaten me with such, as we both know it is very easy to overide such bans should one feel this has been done unfairly, or to simply silence someone whos opinions they do not share, which is why I was banned from ABC, BOTH times.

I am simply here to share knowledge (which incidentially I HAVE been doing), treat the sick, and assert my opinion, it is you and the other members of the 'armchair' brigade who has always resorted to personal remarks, I am simply, as always, responding in a like manner.

In closing. You are not a Homoeopath, and neither is anyone else who does not understand, or adhere to the principles laid down by it's founder, and I personally guarantee you, and if it takes my very last breath to accomplish, by the time my work is complete, people such as yourself will no longer be able to intervene in the lives of the sick, unless you chose to follow the one true method of the science that is Homoeopathy, as very soon, there will simply exist only ONE school of thought, embrace this, or be trampled underfoot, the choice, as always, is yours.

Enjoy...

Re: TREATMENT OF CHIKUNGUNYA By: Pat2006M

March 1 2007
Jacob
Are you aware that medical doctors are using Viagara for all sorts of things like to help women get pregnant and recently a doctor gave it to a baby to help him breath?

What are you going to do about these doctors who are not using drugs for their intended purpose. Are you going to go after them too?

Your only purpose on the internet appears to attack others and defend your territory of scientific research.

For your information, most people are too intelligent nowadays to fall prey to a researchers People nowadays have a mind of their own and will not follow some researcher's or some scientist's ideas as we all know they are corrupt and full of self interest.

This is how the general public feels about researchers and scientist. That is why people go on the internet and ask people for help although they don't know who they are talking too. People aren't waiting for a researcher or a scientist to tell them it is ok to take a remedy.

What guarantee do you make that you won't use homeopathy to hurt people just like mine does.

Shall I remind you that anyone in California can legally call themselves a homeopath and there isn't anything you can do about it.

Even if you managed to make it illegal in your country, the citizens of your country can order homeopathy or come to the USA to buy it. This kind of control in homeopathy or herbs or alternative health will never be allowed here by American cititizens. The medical profession already tried it and American citizens will not tolerate this sort of corruption and control out of greed.

So it is best that you stop thinking you are God and that you are somehow going to control homeopathy and force everyone to do what you want.

I want to see you going after the medical profession for using prescription medications for purposes other than what they were intended for. AND WITHOUT THE APPROVAL OF THE FDA

Why don't you go after them?

March 1 2007
post script: JacobScott,
Please answer my post on how to get my own homeopath thrown in jail where he deserves to be. Yes, he is a classical homeopath and he is college educated but so what??????????? He is extremely dangerous and needs to stop practicing homeopathy. Have any ideas on how to get his degree taken away from him? Do you think the school he graduated from has any interest in taking away his college degree? Of course not because he isn't doing any thing different from anyone else----using homeopathy to make money and not to help people with their health. I have no doubts the school teaches people to do what it takes to make money and not to get them well. Same as you. You're primarily interested in protecting your financial resources aka research.

England, UK.

March 1 2007
Re corruption etc: Ignorance breeds paranoia & fear, and education will alleviate these symptoms. As for not being able to do anything about the way Homoeopaths practice etc, all I can say is wait and see, I certainly have no doubts on this. Moreover though, I will be discussing such things only with the Homoeopathic governing bodies directly, my peer group, not simply members of the general public who prescribe for family, friends and pets. You have also totally misread the majority of my thread, and I would suggest you read it again in a calmer frame of mind. I will not respond in a like manner, as I do not even know you. Nor do I have any desire to argue with you on these points, as however good your intentions may be, you are not a Homoeopath. Also, what Allopaths do is of no interest to me, and neither is some outdated 200 year feud. I am a Homoeopath, my only interest is Homoeopathy.

I have no idea how you can have your Homoeopath thrown in jail, get a lawyer?

March 1 2007
NO, I do not waste my energy reading things carefully that are written by someone who has obvious SERIOUS mental problems.

You need some real serious help before you start treating other people or the same laws you plan on passing will get you into jail.--where you sure will need to be.

All secrets eventually get out into the public-----money to sell books is a big promotor.

So don't hold your breath that you will be able to keep us in the dark. YOU WON'T

March 1 2007
You obviously need to be in a mental hospital with your delusions of GOD.

You said you worked in a mental hospital. Maybe you were a patient. You sound like you need to be a patient.

England, UK.

March 2 2007
Um, I am already treating people, and in fact, I have had my own clinical practice for 12 years, but okay.

As I said Pat, I wish you well with your treatment, and hope you find the peace you require.

-Jacob.

Re: TREATMENT OF CHIKUNGUNYA By: Jayashree
Calcutta, India

March 3 2007
This forum is quickly going the way of ABC... it is a few people who are doing it. The administrator made this forum to help people and not generate a shouting match as is going on. Administrator please look into this

Jayashree Kanoi

March 3 2007
I hope you are not referring to me as a shouter.

I'm not a shouter.

I hope the administrators will go back and delete everything that sounds like shouting or anything that is making it look like ABC.

I for one will not be returning to this forum if people are allowed to come here to be desrespectful to the purpose of this forum:

Classical homeopathy approaches as well all unconventional approaches are equally respected and welcome here. Please feel free to contribute and share your knowledge and experience.

March 3 2007
In addition, the administrators should not allow anyone person to hyjack this site.

England, UK.

March 8 2007
No one can Hijack anything unless they are 100% sure of their assertions, and this only comes from greater knowledge. If anyone doubts anything, anyone says, they are free to do so, and if this is done in a none personal manner, I personally will extend anyone the same courtesy.

Sri Lanka

March 10 2007
To Jacob Scott

It is precisely that supercilious attitude that you adopt that irritates me when you confer upon yourself the mantle of being 100% sure of your assertions in your pontifications on Homeopathy. I presume that you have deluded yourself to be the saviour of patients whom I try to help in my own way purely for the satisfaction that it gives me to do so. You have only to read the many thousands of posts on many Homeopathic forums to understand my viewpoint in the use of Homeopathic remedies in the alleviation of disease which I have always done on the "this for that" basis which is now accepted as "Joepathy".

According to you, Homeopathy can only be practiced by types like you who pretend to be the ultimate authority in this science of cure. I have often pointed out to you in previous posts on this forum and the ABC that it is your actual performance in this curative art that is sadly lacking as it is only very rarely that you condescend to prescribe a remedy to a patient. You do however shadow almost all my posts, questioning me on what grounds I prescribe a particular remedy and you often seek to draw me out merely to irritate me, thereby compelling me to respond to you in the same manner that you use on me to do so, which I sometimes reciprocate with interest. The intrinsic difference between us is that you have no results to speak of or refer to , at least on the forums, to prove to members that your hyperclassical attitude is in fact superior to mine. Quite frankly I do not enjoy in upbraiding you as it is so wasteful of my time but when the opportunity does present itself and I have the time to do so, I am not averse to teaching you a few norms not only of decent conduct on forums such as this, but I also give you chapter and verse in my reasoning in selecting a remedy which you will see by referring to my posts on the ABC and on the H&M have invariably helped the patients. An example is the therapy that I have pioneered in the treatment of Fistulas, Abscesses and Fissures, I have used an Antibiotic for internal use within the anus to keep the bacterial count low after each stool, Arnica to heal from within the lesion, Silicea to drain the abscess and Nat Phos to keep the stools soft. You can read the comments of the many patients that have benefitted from my therapy on the ABC. There are many other cures that you can read about and you will note that none of them qualifies under your hyper classical specification but in spite of this 'drawback' the patients whom I have treated have invariably confirmed that they have been relieved of their chronic symptoms and in many cases have been cured.

The point that I wish to convey to you is that although you may pretend that there is no salvation for a patient other than by resorting to your hyperclassical method of prescribing, the fact remains that many hundreds of patients owe their sense of well being today to my Joepathy which is based on my own experience in the use of Homeopathic remedies to relieve suffering on the "this for that" basis. You will no doubt realize that the public record of my therapy on the forums renders them more susceptible to criticism than the therapy that you and other homeopaths, classical or otherwise use during their daily routine practice as in the event of any aggravation or other problem resulting from your prescriptions based on the standard classical formula, there is no public record of any disaster that can occur to the patient that can be queried by others, as the patient has no resort to blame the homeopath for the aggravation of his ailment or the lack of any cure that results. The difference, in my mode of treatment on the ABC which up to the time I left it, exceeded 5500 posts in the treatment of over 1000 patients, and yours, is that although you state you have 12 years of clinical practice which it is obvious you are doing without the statutory license to practice in the UK, any untoward result in your practice will not be made public with the possibility of your authorities faulting you. The difference in my case is that all my prescriptions are available for the cynosure of patients and anyone interested, especially types like you who are only bent on criticizing my efforts to help anyone in distress, who seeks a cure.

You have often stated that your mission in homeopathy is to unravel the damage that Homeopaths like me have created in the lives of patients who suffer from my Joepathy as otherwise they would suffer from some imagined (on your part) ailment which is far more dangerous than the actual ailment that I have cured. It is strange to note that there is no record so far of any untoward ailment that has resulted from my therapy, and I still await the fateful prognosis that you have painted at some time in the nebulous future, which may give credence to your prediction.

You just refuse to accept that there also exists an alternative to your own classical formula which is the bane of the majority of patients who consult classical homeopaths like you and who are compelled to suffer in silence till your classical formula takes its time and hopefully gives the desired result in a few weeks or months. The difference in my therapy is that the results are almost instantly perceived by the patient, invariably with some positive effect and it is no wonder that they prefer to single me out to consult me personally or on the forums. I count on my experience on the use of remedies to help patients free of any charge and I presume that your classical attitude only helps to ensure that the revenue that you derive from patients continues as a result of many consultations that you program into the future which is unfortunately at the expense not only of the patient, but also results in the continuation of more pain and discomfort which is totally contrary to the advice of the Master :

"The physicianís high and only mission is to restore the sick to health, to cure, as it is termed. The highest ideal of cure is rapid, gentle and permanent restoration of the health, or removal and annihilation of the disease in its whole extent, in the shortest, most reliable, and most harmless way, on easily comprehensible principles."

Joe De Livera
Colombo
Sri Lanka

Re: TREATMENT OF CHIKUNGUNYA
By: Annonymus
March 10 2007

Sri Lanka

March 11 2007
I am copying an article in today's press on the etiology of Chikungunya by Dr Selvie Perera a fellow victim, which may be of interest to members.

Sunday, March 11 , 2007

Chikungunya revisited

The Chikungunya (CKG) epidemic took Sri Lanka more by storm than by surprise toward the final quarter of 2006, for this viral infection has, in fact, been around in Southeast Asia and Africa for many, many years. The countries affected included India, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia, the Indian Ocean Islands (in particular Re-union Islands) and East Africa.

The first recorded epidemic of this viral affliction, in 1952, was in Tanzania.

Similar epidemics were also reported in Bangkok (1960), India (1964), Sri Lanka (1965), Vietnam and Myanmar (1975), Indonesia (1979), returning to India in 2006 and, from October last year, also to Sri Lanka.

In Sri Lanka, the illness was initially described in 1965 as a clinical and a haematological entity by astute physicians investigating a viral illness strikingly similar to dengue then raging in Colombo. The origins of the current outbreak of the epidemic in the country can be traced to Tanzania, from where it spread to Bangkok, then to India and - via Kerala - to Mannar, Jaffna, Batticaloa, Kalmunai, Puttalam and Colombo.

The highest number of infections reported so far in Sri Lanka was from Puttalam. The explosive nature of the latest epidemic is perhaps attributable understandably to the lack of natural immunity in the country’s population as a whole, considering that the previous ‘visitation’ of this virus goes back over forty years. There is also the possibility of the virus in the intervening period having mutated to acquire a heightened degree of virulence, resulting not only in the higher rates of infection reported but also in severity as well as the unusual manifestations reported this time round. The animal hosts of the virus are monkeys and baboons. Once ingested by the mosquito, the virus replicates in the gut of the carrier. The mosquito remains infective throughout its life-cycle which is about 6 weeks. When an infected mosquito bites a human, the virus transfers into the bloodstream, multiplies in the endothelial cells and spreads to the other tissues in the human body such as the joints. Aedes Egypti and Albopictus, mosquitoes that feed during the day, help spread the Chikungunya infection.

Chikungunya affects all age groups. It begins with a sudden and acute onset of fever accompanied by chills and shivering which last for about three days, and causing severe muscle and joint pains. Loss of appetite is pronounced and may be accompanied by vomiting and loose motions. There may be large, red, extremely tender patches on the shins (like erythema nodosum/cellulitis) or a reddish rash similar to measles on the body, ulcers in the mouth, flushing of the face and redness of the eyes. There may also be swelling and tenderness over veins, particularly on the lower limbs. All the above-mentioned ‘symptoms’ may or may not be manifest in all victims; in fact, a mild infection – or what is known as an asymptomatic attack - could even pass unnoticed. The treatment recommended is two Paracetamol tablets six-hourly and bed rest, with plenty of fluids taken orally. Should there be vomiting, or if dehydration is detected, the patient may need to have fluids administered intravenously.

Two to four weeks after an acute attack some patients develop a post-viral arthritis involving any joint in the body, with early morning stiffness. There may be episodic recurrences of joint pains. Itching of the body and desquamation of the skin is also common at this stage.

Patients have been known to display signs of peripheral neuritis, facial palsy, foot-drop, carpal tunnel syndrome, ataxia, loss of balance and memory loss. These are clinical observations and have not been established through biochemical and nerve conduction studies. Fortunately Paracetamol and NSAIDs, though not curative, are known pain-relievers. The use of Chloroquin and steroids has also been suggested, but there is no established clinical evidence to support resort to these modalities of treatment. Joints, having a history of previous injury, and those often used in a repetitive fashion, seem more likely to develop arthralgia.

As regards investigations, a full blood count and liver enzymes test is advised. The platelet count may be low like in dengue fever, as is the white cell count. The specific tests needed are PCR for viral antibodies at the onset of the illness and Chikungunya (CKG) antibodies five days after the onset of the illness.

This description of the illness is from personal experience, the history derived from patients and from discussions with doctors involved in treating CKG patients. It is neither meant nor claimed to be evidence-based medicine.

The good news is that though CKG may be a long, smouldering illness, there is no evidence up to now of chronic sequelae. The best news, however, is that immunity from CKG lasts a lifetime.

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.