JUSTICIA ADHATODA (BASAKA) By: girilal
New Jersey USA

September 4 2006

Click picture for many more pictures

JUSTICIA ADHATODA
An Indian Shrub, Singhee
(JUSTICIA ADHATODA BASAKA
)

Highly efficacious medicine for acute catarrhal conditions of the respiratory tract (used in the beginning)

Head.--Irritable, sensitive to external impressions; hot, full and heavy head; lachrymation, with coryza, profuse, fluent, with constant sneezing; loss of smell and taste; coryza with cough.

Throat.--Dry, pain during empty swallowing, tenacious mucus. Mouth dry.

Respiratory.--Dry cough from sternal region all over chest. Hoarseness, larynx painful. Paroxysmal cough, with suffocative obstruction of respiration. Cough with sneezing. Severe dyspnúa with cough. Tightness across chest. Asthmatic attacks, cannot endure a close, warm room. Whooping-cough.

Relationship.--Seems to come between Cepa and Euphrasia, which compare.

Dose.--Third potency and higher. Severe aggravation have been noticed from lower potencies.

girilal

Re:JUSTICIA ADHATODA (BASAKA) By: garcot
Bangalore

October 3 2008
Dear Girilal,

Have you tried this medicine at higher potencies say 12c and above? I tried at 12c and gave me good results as mentioned in MM. Is it a poisonous herb when consumed raw?

Thanks and regards
Garcot

"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

Re:JUSTICIA ADHATODA (BASAKA) By: garcot
Bangalore

October 3 2008
On further reading it is found, it is one of the top remedies used in Ayurveda.

Homeopathically,

Justicia adhatoda Linn.
(Vasaka)
Common Name
:
Vasaka
Sanskrit
:
Baidyamata, Vasaka
Hindi
:
Arusha
English
:
Malabar nut
Family
:
Acanthaceae
Description

It is a small tree which flowers in cold season. There is a saying is Sanskrit about this drug meaning of which is that as long as Vasaka will remain, patients suffering from spitting of blood, phthisis and common cold and cough need not despair. The physicians confidently proclaim that no death can take. place from cough of any kind if Vasaka can play its role and find time to display its healing properties. Traditionally it has long been used as a great remedy for respiratory disorders.

Homoeopathic uses

Homoeopathic proving and clinical verifications has brought out good number of symptoms of upper respiratory tract.

Rhinitis - Fluent profuse coryza from nose with constant sneezing. Nose is swollen with sense of obstruction. There is loss of taste & smell. Throat, mouth & tongue all feel dry. Tongue is coated white.

Cough-Paroxysms of cough with suffocation & rattling in chest followed by vomiting. Expectoration bloody. Cough Particularly worse at night.

Potency-6X

Reference: http://ccrhindia.org/common_indian_plants/L17.htm

Infact, this site has listed good number of Indian medicinal plants, which can be used effectively in homeopathy.

Regards
Garcot

"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

Re: JUSTICIA ADHATODA (BASAKA) By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

October 3 2008
It is interesting to note that Justicia Adhatoda is a medicine which has been used for over 2000 years in Sri Lanka in the Ayurvedha. It is known here as ADATHODA and I am informed by an Ayurvedic physician that it is widely used even today a specific for respiratory ailments. It is usually boiled down with other medicinal roots, leaves and bark into a decoction which is usually very bitter in taste and gulped down.

I remember that during my childhood my uncle who was a well known Ayurvedic physician used to give me Adathoda with other medicines in the early 1930's to cure the flu with a cough and cold. I hated his decoctions which eventually were found to be life saving as medicine as we know it today was hardly known at that time here in Sri Lanka then known as Ceylon.

Re:JUSTICIA ADHATODA (BASAKA) By: girilal
New Jersey USA

October 4 2008
It Grows all over India but most often on the low mountains. There is difference in homeopathy and ayurvadic prepration. In ayurveda, a tea is made but in homeopathy, flowers are soaked in liquid and then removed after few days, then more flowers in the same liquid, as the liquid becomes saturated, it is called Q.

girilal

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.