Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Sabina
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

For the attention of Udaya - suspected uti
Started by: Newark at June 29 2018

Replies: 77 & Views: 1757    Font    Page 1 of 4  Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next          Reply

For the attention of Udaya - suspected uti By: Newark

June 29 2018
Hi Udaya,

I hope youíre well and wondering if you could give some advice. I had Nuala at the vet tonight. She woke up at 4.20pm lethargic but walking around, weakness, trembling and generally looking quite sad. Sheís whimpering and at the moment lying on the tiled floor. She has urinary urgency, she has urinated 4 times in the last 2 hours and also had a bowel movement which is normal. Itís very hot here, I have been very careful with her. Walking early morning when itís cooler which sheís enjoying - no strenuous exercise. Sheís better out in open air and was a lot better at the vets but again, sheís not too happy now weíre back home inside. Sheís not clingy but following me about. She has been given a lexicom (anti-inflammatory injection and a 10 day course of ceporex 250mg. Last night she was drinking a lot but with the heat wasnít concerned until tonight. Prior to this, the heat makes her quite lethargic and she sleeps more often. It is extremely hot for us - 25 degrees some days by the afternoon although sheís inside by this point. I did wonder about sulphur - Thereís been no nasal discharge or anything for a while but when she has had it - she licks it away from her nose, she can be quite strong willed in her excitement - knocking things out her way etc but nothing like that is happening at the moment. Her last remedies were Lachesis and sillicea and nothing since. She had her anal glands cleaned out tonight, no infection but quite thick. Also, when we were at the vet she liked being beside the fan. She was sociable but not excitable and sheís not irritable. This is acute so I donít have much to go on at the moment. I will continue to observe and will add anything further. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. She usually sleeps on the couch during the day and in with me at night. Since she went to the kennels about 6 years ago she refuses to sleep in a dog bed, she does on occasion squeeze herself in to the cats bed but if I gave her, her own she wouldnít go near it. Sheís done this again tonight and seems quite relaxed and sheís now sleeping 7.20pm. Iím also wondering about another possibility, if not for right now but something to consider. Iím quite dubious about statements made in literature without any reference, Iíve been meaning to ask you about this - I read somewhere that merc was the only remedy listed for holding stones in the mouth. Nuala has quite a brick/boulder obsession. She never eats them just carries them around in her mouth or lies and salivates over them, itís quite a task getting them off her and thereís also the weather changes in temperature. Do you know if that statement is accurate? I havenít looked into merc yet for her. Just noting that in case itís releavant. Iíll also see if thereís a time aggravation repeating.

She is worse from heat of the bed at the moment, sheís waking out of sleep, gently panting, having a little walk about and then lying down again. Thereís been no urgency for a couple of hours now so sheís definitely much more settled.

Sheís picked up quite a bit, the pain must be quite distressing for her. She got quite exited about going out for the toilet and sheís restful now so the meds have kicked in.

Kind regards

Re:For the attention of Udaya - suspected uti By: udaya kumar
--

June 30 2018
The medicines for heat are Croton Tig. , Natrum Mur, Belladonna, Gonoinum and Gingko Biloba. Mercurious may be accurate medicine if we think that the cause for the dog to keep earth(stones) in the mouth is to absorb excess salivation during summer....Whether it is any particular stone with particular element constituency is a matter of further investigation towards the cause of natural medications the dog may be attempting on its own. Particularly the craving for iron may be prompting to keep iton content earth in the mouth.....The earth dissolved in saliva should be assimilated sublingually to work as a potency in similar terms as homeopathic Q or 1X. The other medicines of value that can be looked into apart from sulphur which is a PICA medicine, are Calcarea Carb, Silicea, Alumina.......The reason perhaps be traced to anaemia, deficient bio chemics,, Iron deficiency. A CBC or Haematocrit test may be useful. Ferrum Met and Ferrum Phos may be considered here in lower potency of 3X. The other medicines that can be looked into are
Alum., alumna., Calcarea Phosphorus, chelidonium ., Picric acid, Conium ., Hepar Sulph. Ignitia, Nitric Acid, ,Nux Vomica, ,Psorinum

It could also be worm infestations...See specific medicine:
1. http://www.homeoint.org/books/boericmm/t/thymol.htm
2.http://www.homeoint.org/books/boericmm/c/chelo.htm
3. Carboenum tetramuriaticum Q
4. Cina 30C

--

Re:For the attention of Udaya - suspected uti By: Newark

June 30 2018
Hi Udaya,

Thanks very much for your reply. Sheís had a comfortable night. She slept in the living room next to the open window. Iíve had the heating off and the window open for a few weeks now and last night was the first sheís done that. Thereís no urgency or anything so far this morning. Strength wise - not 100% but still able to get on my bed. She was struggling to get in the car to go to the vet. Quite a big improvement. Wagging her tail etc when I woke her up.

Thereís no excess salivation with her at all, she gets this way over the boulders. Itís something sheís always done, sheíd spend days digging one out the ground if she found one.

Sheís had hepar sulph, sillicea , conium and nux vomica all in the past except sillicea which was more recent - just a few weeks ago.

With Alumina, I had been reading about that recently. As you may remember, Nuala has a dry nose (suspected allergies) and Alumina was noted as a dry nose which looks like lupus. Homeopathically weíve never got to the bottom of it as yet. Sheís always had the dry nose (sense of smell etc isnít affected) itís on the outside.

With Calc Phos, I did wonder again with Nuala if that may have been useful purely because she does eat the cats stools out the cat box. Wouldnít say sheís craving clay - if I changed the litter to something else sheíd still do it but I was thinking about it in terms of a cleansing of the clay from her system. She has also had phosphorus in the past also and if there was sulphur - phos, calc phos, sulphur for that trio?

Sheís also had belladonna in the past and responded well to that.

If you let me know further thought, it would be appreciated. She canít have sulphur with the antibiotics. With it being one course, Iím happy for her to continue with them as sheís improving but Iíd obviously be keen to start her on remedies to start strengthening her against a repeat of this. So if thereís anything immediately jumping out at you, please let me know. If I need to order anything, itíll be mid week before I get it but this weather isnít going anywhere fast, suspected at the moment to last another week. She also doesnít like water - at the very most sheíll paddle to get to somewhere but itís a couple of inches at the very most. Iíve got in the water myself in the past to try and coax her and sheís having none of it.

Iím not opposing any other of the remedies either, Iím just adding my thoughts/ reasons for ones youíve also mentioned to see if it strengthens or eliminates.

Thanks Udaya

June 30 2018
Again, further with sillicea - I did consider that again due to her gentle nature, the whimpering side of things but i donít think it fits for these symptoms. I ruled out pulsatilla - sheís a fast walker, and being a typical spaniel constantly got her nose going. I know her with pulsatilla as well and it was a more severe attack, symptoms, looking at her wouldnít make you feel sorry for her, it was very distressing to watch yesterday afternoon.

I will keep adding symptoms as and if they arise and Iíll also do further reading on others youíve mentioned. I had from curiosity been reading about the sun/heatstroke exhaustion remedies but again, I do wonder if this is more a deep ďconstitutionalĒ situation?

Further with Merc, I had been considering merc also due to the chronicity of the war/nose/ throat symptoms with her but again at the moment anyway she seems clear of all that. Sheís been really well up until this so all my reading was done purely on a possibility basis. There was nothing evidently bothering her and have been concentrating on myself whilst she was doing well.

You may have read my chats with Tara, a few weeks ago again, hot weather she was very mischevious at the park, sheís a very active dog and also greedy when it comes to tastier food than her dinner - after Lachesis I noticed a change in her behaviour. I had taken her down to be beside the water as it was cool down there, there was a couple of guys sitting eating at a park bench and I thought ďhere we goĒ she actually just went a lay under their table, wanted a shaded area and wasnít interested in what they were doing. Again, if she plays up because sheís not feeling great, reacting to something Iím not punishing her/disciplining her further. I want to remove the cause thatís making her react. I have taken her out the park before whilst this has happened, mainly wanting to get to the bottom of it all. So there has been improvements but sheís still suffering due to the heat.

Thanks Udaya

June 30 2018
Further to sulphur, again some of this will be repetitive and you may already remember. As a pup, she did have an aggressive streak in her. I took her to the vet thinking she may have had rage syndrome but vet thought more behavioural. She was very much, my way or no way - she attacked me twice because I wanted her out the front seat of the car. That was resolved by getting a boot rack for the car. The first one, she knocked out after 3 days and ended up back in the front seat, she was also barred from my bedroom because she tried to take over that as well, I remember her going completely stiff one time I was trying to move her from my bed. I was going to ask you further on that as well, again excuse my lack of remembering names, I think one of the nosides, beginning with s has the temper tantrums and stiffening up but again this is just things Iíve picked up on as Iíve been reading and as nothing was going on, placed a mental note to read further or ask yourself what you thought of it all. She is also extremely clever, learns very fast but again as a pup she was a difficult dog to train, 2 expert opinions resulting in the same opinion - happiest wee dog Iíve ever seen but doesnít want to be trained. Iíd never break her spirit and never will so in the earlier years it was finding ways to make things exciting for her and we got round it that way. She doesnít have an aggressive bone in her body now - the only snapping and itís in the air, not a direct attack is if thereís a dog sniffing round her backend and she doesnít like it. Again, setting her own boundaries even though she does/has pushed mine. She hates water, but loves getting dirty, she loves her freedom, rarely on the leash. Everyone, except workmen (she doesnít like being kept out of things) love her on meeting her. Forgot to mention yesterday, the car on the way up to the vet was 33 degrees - I drove there as quick as I could, and I was dreading putting her back in even more so as she had picked up from cooling down with the fan and it was 26.5 degrees on the way back. I had planned to get her out again early this morning, but thereís no air (we had a breeze yesterday and she was great yesterday morning although I decided when enough was enough) she was just sniffing around with a few other dogs and I chatted with their owners for about 30 mins. The temperatures are slightly dropping at the moment and itís registering highs of 21-23 but again even though itís 17 degrees at the moment, I know itís too hot for her. I saw a guy trying to drag a dog that lay down yesterday morning after walking about 100ft, just have to ask why?? Thereís more dogs struggling than not. Iíll see how it cools down later on tonight and once thereís a bit of air, I think sheíll be quite keen to get out again.

Iíve probably mentioned this before but as itís peculiar for a dog - she loves chilliís. Sheís obviously never given them but if she gets the chance, she will eat them. Last time she did this, was 2 years ago. A friend was making chilli, unknown to me, Nuala had developed signs of what appeared to be a urine infection - urgency/irritable bladder. Wasnít responding to antibiotics and a few days later my friend told me she ate a whole one! So that was the cause in that situation, not releavant at the moment. Just another piece of information that may help.

She is quite lethargic, still a little weak but comfortable/relaxed and passed urine this morning. If she isnít bothered about going out, Iíll just be leaving her to rest but I will keep you posted and Iíll also read some more on the heat exhaustion remedies just now and see if anythingís any clearer. Iíve read today that this weather may continue now for weeks so Iím thinking itís better to have them anyway, regardless of whatís decided.

Best wishes

June 30 2018
With syphillinum (I remembered after I initially posted) symptoms worse through the night, doesnít explain yesterday and seemed to have had a comfortable night.

Again, like everything else, could be a number of remedies but she has had tuberculinum before, the sun and extreme changes in temperature is there, the weakness and lethargy is there, the tongue hanging out, which Iíve always saw as Lachesis and her in what I call mischief mode, is there. Again, maybe not releavant but when she was bronchial, all of her symptoms were worse through the night. Sheís never coughed anything up, itís always been through her nose with a dry, gagging cough.

Iím just starting on this and youíll have a wealth of knowledge of the remedies that I donít so Iíll present what I think and decisions can be made. I would prefer if you could keep an eye on this for me.

Iíll report on anything I see in the heat remedies.

June 30 2018
Looking in general terms. I wouldnít say goninum, belladonna, ant crud, aconite, carbs veg, the liking for fan/cool air was there but again I do wonder if that could still be more sulphur? Especially as she slept next to the open window, lay on the tiled floor. Didnít seem that extreme yesterday, she wasnít air hungry, more discomfort due to the bladder, thereís no digestive complaints either. Eating is normal. Lachesis maybe again, wondering about nat carb?, wouldnít say belladonna either. Ferr phos (havenít looked at met yet) would you recommend a tissue combination? Did wonder about lycopodium due to timing yesterday but again, I donít have anything solid to go on yet. Lycopodium is a remedy I have thought about for her also, due to being more bossy in here than she is outside. I did also wonder about bryonia, but again apart from excessive thirst, I donít think the modalities fit- sheís not a grumpy dog. Just a really tired one. She no longer has the urgency, is asking out for the toilet in her usual way, getting quite excited again at the prospect of going out and the same with food. Movement isnít making her worse. I have the blinds down, itís a basement flat so generally quite cool anyway and sheís not at the window. Thereís no areas of heat or cold on her either.

With regards to anemia, when she had her emergency surgery the vet said they nearly lost her a couple of times. There was a lot of blood loss. Her recovery was really quick and uncomplicated. Arnica was given first and that definitely helped her. It may well be her system is needing a little boost regarding that also? Tissue/cellular level?

Just something Iíve thought of again, not sure if this would fall in to merc and to show her level of intelligence - self taught? Going back a number of years now, she was randomly appearing with chocolates in her mouth. Couldnít figure out how or where she was getting them from. She discovered all by herself that if she repeatedly banged the tin off the sofa, the lid would pop open. She didnít even realise I was standing watching her - completely absorbed in what she was doing. Donít know if it was initially an accidental discovery or not.

July 1 2018
Morning Udaya,

Nuala is a good bit better today! Last night she had a little roll about the floor and a play with the cat. There was no aggravation but she is on meds so it may have subsided?

She was happy enough yesterday just getting out for the toilet so I kept it at that and seems a bit cooler today so Iíll get her out this morning and let her get some fresh air in her lungs.

Thereís been no urgency, slept in beside me last night and no issues as yet anyway with digestion. She is still tired/ a bit weak compared to her healthy state. I do keep saying this dog is made of the tough stuff as well. As you know a lot has been going on here, lots of losses so it may be again that sheís feeling it a bit too.

She has also gained a little weight since her surgery with no changes in diet or exercise 0.4 kg over her last 2 visits and still in the healthy range but I am conscious now it doesnít increase further. Iíve always been very careful with her in that respect too.

Again, as I have been reading. I think this was Kali carb - Nuala really hates you touching her feet and if memory serves me right, thereís also the dry nose in that? I will need to do more reading and again, I wouldnít give her anything I wasnít absolutely certain of so putting it here for your consideration also. She doesnít like you touching her nose either. She shows her teeth - doesnít snarle or take it any further than that. Coconut oil helps and she actually loves that! I canít do that when itís sunny for obvious reasons but I do use sun block on it to give a bit of protection. Something else Iíve noticed more recently, again Iíll pay more attention if I see her doing it, when she scratches the right side (I think) of her abdomen, she licks her nose.

I had Nuala out for about 15 mins this morning. She enjoyed that and it was enough for her at this stage. Physically no worse for it and mentally better - eyes are brighter and still content. Far off from her healthy state and I just let her walk about off the lead to take things as she wanted. Mornings are predicted to be cooler over the next few days, evenings are still in the 20ís so providing she wants to go out, Iíll be doing this over the next couple of days. Itíll be careful management through this until sheís better. If anything changes, I will let you know.

Thanks Udaya
Iíll wait to hear your thoughts now

Best wishes

--

July 2 2018
Have you checked Alum?
https://www.homeopathycenter.org/remedy/alumen

--

July 2 2018
Morning Udaya,

Iím constantly thinking and I do have to apologise. I havenít covered all the remedies yet. I was just thinking about alumina again last night and again this morning. Especially due to her age and now even more so with old age, probable inactivity and resulting constipation and also the ďpulsatillaĒ gentleness - there was no stool yesterday and nothing this morning either as yet. Thereís no signs of discomfort and anything suggesting itís anything to worry about. If anything, itíll be the inactivity - she can go to the toilet 2-3 times a day normally. Again, with Lachesis this time round I understand her more with regards to the heat. Sheís not an unruly dog or untrained. I have since read again about the discomfort symptoms and eating making them better. Another thing I have with her is, she wonít lie in the shade - always needing to be off somewhere/stimulation. Might sound a bit silly but I did feel quite proud of her in that situation - didnít steal any food and new she wanted shade. Only took us 13 years! Very Happy me knowing why now, I can be more aware of that. She has had and did well on nux vomica before again only mentioning as a comparison to alumina. I wouldnít say she was nux vomica at all so I will look at that again. Iíll also look at the other remedies I havenít mentioned yet although she has had hepar before as youíll know and I wouldnít say that was needed at the moment either. Thanks again for watching over this and advising. She will be ok with the meds until a course of remedies is decided on for her.

Best wishes

July 2 2018
I have just read Boerickes just now and his doesnít mention ďdry cracked nose that looks like lupusĒ I canít remember whose does but, vet is convinced that she doesnít have lupus or any of the illnesses that constitutes a dog having a dry nose and feel more so now, her being 13 and generally healthy - to put her through biopsies etc wouldnít be fair and unless she was actually ill with something more serious suspected - I completely agree. I suspect it is an allergy of some sort and for me, itís a case of finding the symptoms homeopathically to get her better. She did get a steroid injection when she was young and that cleared it up but again it later came back so it was decided not to repeat that. So, her nose the dry cracked part is there, she doesnít like it being touched although when your not touching it, it never seems to bother her and her sense of smell isnít affected. Not to say though when sheís snotty that it isnít - it may well be. I would say when her throat/nose is affected there would be a constant need to clear her throat. Sheís on a dry food diet - gluten, dairy, soy, artificial free and again with this, she isnít greedy. She eats what sheís hungry for therefore her weight has never been an issue. I donít want it to become one now. If I was to feed her extra with food I eat etc, she said would eat loads of it. With her feet, the reason I mentioned Kali carb for that, was the description - she pulls away very quickly and then kicks as if - leave my feet alone! I think itís more to do with them being tickly.Thereís no pain in her feet, they donít affect her walking or anything like that. And now with a more sedatory lifestyle at the moment and taking her age in to account. Is this one youíre recommending for at the moment - alumina ? With her throat etc Lachesis is definitely there (well was) along with the reversed sneeze. Sheís never coughed anything up, just out through her nose and cough tends to be dry and gagging when she has had that.

Best wishes

July 2 2018
Again, while I remember. Again, this was something she always did and doesnít anymore, I hadnít even really noticed it until it stopped. You prescribed bromium for her at one point. She was always really quick to move her bowels after she had eaten. When she was kennelled the guy also noticed that with her. From what I remember, thereís summer complaints in there as well although Iím not saying itís needed at the moment. I donít think I gave you that feedback. The dryness/scaling look of her nose is on the outside, the inside looks healthy. Ok, again Iíve just done a bit of further reading - scurfs on the nose, sore on wiping (doesnít bleed) and June/July summer heat? I will try and help as quick as I can read... she is better at the sea-front which is why I take her there, plus it was beeezy and shaded at the time. I did read something a while back also with regards to Psorinum for her and again was going to back to it and ask you at some stage. I canít remember what at the moment so again, I will find that and ask. I am still a bit aeth at the moment, Iím at the stage with it where Iím reassuring myself with logic - itís not that big a deal, sheís not going to die but it is still there somewhat. Just so you know where I am. I was completely drained by the end of Saturday and took a bit of break from reading so I could concentrate on her and get myself back up again. :0) I do know it is and can be serious, but I do get myself in to a bit of a state although it is getting better along with the physical symptoms.
Her nose isnít any worse by the sun, seasons/weather on its own doesnít affect it. I started using the sun block this year as I noticed the coconut oil clears it up but as I couldnít use that during sunny periods, to keep it moisturised. With this sunny period (hottest for 5 years) it could suggest lupus again Iíve had a quick look over all the symptoms for it and apart from the sun aggravation and dry nose. Thereís a urine infection which may also be generalised. Itís not something she suffers from. No lameness, ulcerations/lesions, muscle cramps, nothing ďfeltĒ enlarged. Again years ago, anything bacterial was ruled out also as it never spreads, no pigmentation, rawness. I did wonder myself at one point if it could have been the clay from the cat box but again when I lost Molly there was no cat box until I got Maisie and it made no difference.
Best wishes

July 2 2018
Again, further apologies. Iíve just realised youíve meant alumen and not alumina. Iíll look over that just now. No respitory, breathing difficulties. There was urinary frequency initially when she first woke up with this - 4 times in 2 hours if I remember but this settled quickly. Thereís no rage, no vomiting, no diareah. Appetite is normal and sheís showing signs of getting her ďcockinessĒ back today - delivery man at the door, she ran barking. There is tiredness, I think I explained ferr phos accurately before I had read it in terms of other remedies etc and sheís more tired than weak. Sheís not chilly, no discharges, no polyps or ulcerations, colds do settle in her throat. She hasnít had any urge to move her bowel, this does happen with her if sheís sedatory for any period of time, itís not unusual for her. No straining, discomfort or anything like that. Thereís never been any blood in her stool as yet. No excessive salivation, nothing to indicate dryness - tongue looks pink and healthy. No itching, hair loss except the bald spot she has on her tail, which sheís always had. Her docking wasnít the best and that ulcerated when she was about 18 months, itís never happened since. She does have a wart on the tip of her tail that looks like a tick. With her anal glands, she wasnít showing any signs of needing them done either - no itching, rubbing, biting, no smell. The vet checked routinely and found that they were needing done.

Best wishes

July 2 2018
Hi Udaya,

Iíve now checked Cina, carboenum terramuriaticum - link No2 doesnít work so I donít know what that was. Again, Iíve always had dogs and know the symptoms of worms so I donít suspect that and donít see anything much. Thymolum, just the mental symptom which could still be others. They are both wormed and thereís never been any symptoms or reasons to think the cat would have them either. She is due her annual check up soon, Iím sure so I will report back if thereís anything going on with her.

I was trying to go back to the beginning to see if something could be picked up.

With regards to PICA - she doesnít eat stones or dirt or anything else bizarre. Coprophagia, which is apparently what she does is called and is perfectly normal dog behaviour. I have put it down to a territorial behaviour but apparently now thought of as evolutionary/exploratory behaviour. She doesnít eat other dogs or her own, just the cats - many seem to. So still wondering if calc phos would be useful here. The reason, I thought sulphur was because of what she was eating, sensitive to that smell in particular, licking her snot etc Again, this is how I know her sense of smell isnít affected - she does at times get to it before me.

Iíll continue to look over the others - conium is one that I tried with her, she has a couple of nodules - they havenít changed, very small and not suspected to be cancerous yet anyway. There was no change. Hepar, nux ( quick, active, spicy food, sense of smell? I knew she needed nux when sheís been given it, so again Iím not certain on it for her at the moment. She may have had it after the chilli last time, I donít remember) and ignatia Iíve already mentioned. Iím thinking no to nit acid but will look properly.

Still, croton tig, ginkgo biloba, psorinum, pic acid and chel.

Thanks again

July 2 2018
A further question for you, if you donít mind. Nuala has a lipoma (fatty lump) on the left side of her chest. It comes and goes in my mind, but when she had her aural haematoma, it nearly disappeared. Iíve racked my brain over this and did a bit of research over this tonight and again, loads of remedies that help dissolve them. A few she was also having at the time. Iíve always wondered about thiosinaminum. Itís the only remedy she was given at that time that she hasnít had for anything else. Could that have helped to dissolve it? Something I keep meaning to ask you about.

Iíve just answered my own question now Iíve looked in to it. There can be fiborous tissue in lipomas. It was the fatty tissue element I couldnít understand. So maybe why it partially resolved and if used again with other remedies sheís prescribed will clear it up? It lost its hardness, went all soft.

I will be honest about this now Iíve calmed down a little. I was convinced until this episode that she didnít have lupus. There hasnít been any associated symptoms. The vet, and Iíve known her for over 20 years, Wasnít suggesting further tests at this stage, wasnít ruling out it may have just been the weather but I also think, knowing how I am about her and what weíve been through already, wasnít going to say she suspects it now as a possibility or more of a probability with her symptoms being relatively mild. Everything thatís used to treat lupus is autoimmune suppressive. I donít want that for her if thereís other options, which there is and unless itís completely necessary and the vets are the same, Iím not putting her through something she maybe doesnít need. I know I donít need to tell you this, but I would never let her suffer. She gets vet treatment whenever she needs it but Iíd rather for her sake too, see if we can get her better. Iíve been crying a lot over this and just needed time to process it, Iím not in denial. The plus side is, sheís 13 and up until now sheís been healthy. I do think sheís probably still a bit run down from the blood loss and extent of the surgery and sheís been healthy so far so if sheís got that strength in her to have been living with this with no other symptoms, I am hopeful and have the faith that she will get through it. She is picking up, quite substantially as of yesterday so we just need to get on top of it all and I really would appreciate it if you would help us. The fact we donít get particularly hot weather usually, has probably helped over the years as well. Iíd say in the house, sheís back to her old self today. Been a bit of a busy morning, had shopping delivered - sheís in the bags, guys are out cutting the grass - sheís not too happy 😄

Thanks again Udaya

Best wishes

July 3 2018
Chelidonium

Apart from the 4pm aggravation, I wouldnít say so

Motion doesnít worsen symptoms
No abdominal tenderness
No desire for hot drinks
There is tiredness but sheís enjoying her walk and mentally feels better for it
No problems in her sleep
No clay coloured stool
No chills - she liked the cool air
No yellow complexion/ yellowness anywhere
No white foaming urine
No pain in feet/ problems walking
Not averse to touch

With regards, to nit acid also. She has no sensitivity to meds either. So far anyway.

Again, probably going back to ferr phos - there are a few generalised symptoms that could be many remedies. Taking the blood loss during surgery and heat of sun, that may well cover quite a bit on its own

Best wishes

July 3 2018
Picric acid

She is sensitive to heat, likes cool air but definitely not cold water.

Not worse from gentle exersion and mentally better for it

No dilated pupils

Didnít appear to be bothered by light. Even in the car on the way to the vet she was up at the window - tongue out

No dribbling after urination.

Not related directly here, but forgot to mention. Thereís no bed wetting.

She was definitely more comfortable at night, open window

No jaundice

No mucous/discharge from anywhere

No diareah or vomiting

She likes a gentle walk (although thatís changing, energy levels in the house have significantly increased and vocal - thankfully the gardeners find her amusing, saying sheís a wee cracker)

Not sleepless at night

No frothy, stringy saliva

Best wishes

July 3 2018
Gingko biloba

Not a huge amount to go on for this but read - provings

No fear of dirt, sheís not a clean dog.

Does/did desire cool air/open air but not unable/too weak to hold herself up

No cracking of any joints anywhere

Sheís not thirstless

Best wishes

July 3 2018
Croton tig
No skin eruptions, liver spots, blotches
Sheís more winter discharges/less summer which again made me think Kali carb

Better open air, not worse and doesnít lose voice (bark) on drinking cold water

No jerking, edema, itching, twitching, redness of eyes

No inflammation (except crusty nose) of face/nose - no redness, yellow vesicles, never has been. No cessation of respiration or increase of nasal secretions

No mouth/teeth symptoms. Vet did notice a slight pocket on right side of her gum. Iíll have a look at that and report exact location. At her annual check up a few months back, apart from her teeth being blunt from carrying boulders, I was told again - no issues and general overall health was great.

No scraping, irritation, expectoration from her throat

Appetite normal. Was drinking more at night, sleepy during the day

No hiccough, signs of any nausea, discomfort, unusual sounds

Before bromium, did go to stool quickly after eating but never drinking

There was frequent urination initially, we were in the vets for an hour though and she was fine in there so urination was before and after that. I did also look at lyssin but again, itís not her.

No respitory symptoms

There was a general weakness, still more sleepy. Again with Nuala, Iím used to her being on the go all the time and not sleeping much at all during the day. If I move though, sheís up. To some extent itís quite normal for a dog to sleep so she was probably a bit excessive with energy. But still, heat exhaustion was without a doubt a contributing factor. No problems in waking from sleep day or night.

No evening chills

None of the skin symptoms.

Best wishes

July 3 2018
Psorinum

I canít remember what I wanted to ask you about regarding psorinum for Nuala but when I do, Iíll come back to you on it.

There was a patch of eczema a few months back. Sheís always rolling about in scents and again her nose came back up with this. Thereís no direct pattern that Iíve managed to figure out with her - itís not simply worse in summer or heat. Anyway, she was given steroid cream - applied once. She licked it a lot and only bothered her in here / better outside or when she was exercising. I had her Edwardian collar on her to stop her licking it and it cleared up on its own.

This would definitely be worse from exercise (happy with a gentle walk) and heat of the car - riding in carriage? Generally, she loves the car - it involves going somewhere and me. Both keep her happy!

Not sensitive to cold air in summer

Weakness from loss of fluids after acute disease with no apparent cause - donít think this applies?

Thereís no pattern to her nose, itís generally dry all the time with periods where it will clear up and nothing to do with heat/sunshine

Debility and weakness after convalescence- I donít know if the weakness is there. Tiredness probably being the issue. If it wasnít hot outside Iím pretty certain sheíd have quite a lot of energy at this point. Iím actually waiting today for the street to shade over tonight to take her out - she is giving it plenty today!

Shes not a dog that likes being washed etc. She did go to the groomers about 2 months ago. Itís not something I impose upon her. If she happy and healthy - how she looks isnít the important part for me. Her coat isnít heavy and she has the type of coat that cleans itself pretty quickly. My friends cocker needs hoses down all the time. Sheís always clean and dry by the time I get her home, apart from if weíre at the park

July 3 2018
As part of her usual drinking habits. If she lying sleeping at night and I say weíre going to bed, she does and always has taken a drink before we go. Never wets during the night and straight out in the morning when she wakes.

Best wishes

July 3 2018
Hi Udaya,

Just an update. Sheís great today. Havenít taken her for a proper walk yet as it is still hot but had her out in the garden, tonnes of energy and her bowels moved as well.

With regards to her tooth with the pocket, itís the right upper canine and thereís a red margin along the gum line next to the tooth.

Best wishes

July 5 2018
Morning Udaya,

I hope youíre well. Just reading over your initial post again, it wasnít all going in. I will keep on top of myself through this as well. Regarding the self medicating, she does seem to know what sheís needing, the coconut oil being another one. Reading over lifestyle to manage lupus, thatís done her well over the years and im even more glad I am and have been the way I have with her, I generally avoid stressing her where I can. One of the main reasons I havenít moved from here and wonít unless itís necessary is because I knew an unnecessary move, would have stressed her out more than staying where we were until things got sorted. I am hopeful things will be resolved either way quite soon. Again, something else nobody understood but Iím glad I know her and so far donít have any regrets. The conditions youíre left to live with as a tenant from my experience, is disgusting. I have kept on top of things and I did give her pyrogenum (I got that on the off chance after the flooding) and she did have a positive response to it at the time. I have also tried it myself more recently, it was more curiosity and I got none so my reaction is purely from the stress and Iíve taken quite a lot, especially when it comes to protecting my dog. With the coconut oil, I used that several times a day with her post surgery. She would spend about 40 mins licking it off her paws and it kept her occupied. Sheís always been gluten free. My last dog had pancreatitis and after I noticed how much better it made me, I decided with her at 9 years, to try it and she was a different dog, energy levels and health significantly improved so when I got Nuala - she was gluten free from the start.

With regards to the remedies youíve mentioned so far, I have phos, calc phos, calc carb, sillicea, sulphur, nux vomica, merc, con, ignatia, alumina, hepar, nit acid, psorinum. Iíll also have anything sheís already been prescribed. I generally try and keep a bottle of anything sheís had - just in case itís needed. Thereís 4 days left of the meds so if there is anything you want me to order, please let me know. Sometimes the delivery is overnight but sometimes it can take 5-7 days depending on the postal service. Itís overcast today and cool so weíre off out this morning and Iíll see how she is today. All going well so far.

Nothing to do with the dog, I have only ever shown an intolerance to wheat but itís severe and similar to coeliac. With me having spina bifids and the autoimmune connection, my diet is mostly gluten free .

Best wishes

July 5 2018
I also make sure because again I react to skincare, that anything used on her is also gluten free. I read recently that new studies were carried out, gluten molecules are too large to pass through the skin, but people are reacting. It was found that lipids in the skin remain open (I think is how they described it) stay open after using soaps and that is how itís entering the system outwith any mucus membrane. So advice was also given that.

I mentioned Nat Carb due to the chronic effects - lifelong.
Best wishes

--

July 5 2018
I have read your lengthy messages again and again but fail to get the real description of the ailments she is suffering from. Is it Lupus....What is in the paw. What is the operation. and What is the UTI mentioned in the title. The general medicines that came up while reading the stream of your thoughts are Arnica. Apis Mel, Solidago, Sepia, Taraxacum, Calcarea Fluor, Conium.Thuja.Arsenic Album, Ledum Pal and Sulphur/Psorinum.

--

Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.