Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Digitalis Purpurea
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Dr Udaya please help.. Bedwetting and Tantrums in 5 yrs old
Started by: serenity2906 at January 15 2018

Replies: 38 & Views: 4517    Font    Page 1 of 2  Goto page 1, 2  Next          Reply

Dr Udaya please help.. Bedwetting and Tantrums in 5 yrs old By: serenity2906
New Delhi, India

January 15 2018
Dear Dr.Udaya

This is regarding my 5 yrs old daughter who has following issues:

1. Bedwetting which has started from last one year.. she stopped wearing diapers from age of 2.5 and use to wake up even in the middle of night if she had to pee but now for one year im struggling with bed wetting.. At times she is in such deep sleep that she doesnt get to know anything at all. On the other hand if i try to cover her with a blanket then she will throw it within seconds. So on one hand she is in deep sleep but on the other hand she gets to know when she is covered. She gets very irritated whenever she is covered. Wants to sleep without any quilt or blanket even in winters.

2. Burning Sensation in Urine: At times she complains of burning sensation which when i wash with cold water gives her respite. We got her urine tests done they were fine as there was no infection. I can see the vaginal area is very red like nappy rash when she complaints of burning. Also some white discharge is also there. Doctor advised deworming did that but not really helpful.

3. Weak Immunity: Falls sick atleast 3-4 times every year. Always affected by cold and cough whenever there is change of season. Coughing and wheezing persisted for 3-4 weeks. (gave her arsenic album 30 this time and saw immediate relief coz even nebulising wasn't working)

About her: In general she is a very emotional and sensitive child but she is very moody.. At times she is an angel trying to please me and making me happy. But at times she becomes very angry and shouts and screams without any significant reason at all. She has this thing that she doesn't want to be told what is to be done. She is extremely independent and doesn't want to listen to anyone. At school she is extremely sharp, very good in academics and listens to her teachers. But in school also during class activities she wants her way and is not very considerate about her classmates. However whenever she goes out to attend any party or play dates with her friends she is extremely soft, polite and follows proper etiquettes. I have always got gushing compliments on how well behaved she is, which is a little strange for me. Also she is very artistic and her illustrations are too good for her age.

On stage she is a natural performer and she never had any stage fear. But at times she is so shy and reserved that she wont even greet the guests and sometimes she gets involved in long and interesting conversations with them.

Thermals: She says she hates winters coz she has to keep herself covered and she waits all the time for summer so that she can start swimming and can have ice creams. So basically she likes cold stuff and hates warm clothes.

Food Habit: She likes to have milk, greem veg and chicken. Egg also she takes. The most worrisome thing for me is that she doesnt eat fruits at all. Cant even touch them with her hands. Though she happily drinks canned fruit juices but not if i try to give her fresh juice. When she was a baby she use to have all fruits but stopped eating after she turned 2.

Thank you very much for your valuable time and help.

Re:Dr Udaya please help.. Bedwetting and Tantrums in 5 yrs o By: udaya kumar
--

January 16 2018
use Belladonna 30C three times a day for three days and report on enuresis.

--

Re:Dr Udaya please help.. Bedwetting and Tantrums in 5 yrs o By: serenity2906
New Delhi, India

January 16 2018
Thanks will start and let you know.

--

January 16 2018
ok

--

New Delhi, India

March 1 2018
Dear Dr Udaya!

I gave her belladona but didnt notice any change in her behavior or bedwetting. Actually its very difficult to know whether remedy is workinh cz she doesnt wet the bed everyday.. i mostly try to stay awake till late so that i take her to restroom 2-3 hrs aftrr she has slept and then she is ok.. but at times which happens rarely she pees even an hour into deep sleep. So tjere is no set pattern. It can happen anyday.

Secondly im concerned that she is gaining weoght also.. she is chubby in comparison to all her classmates. Also she is very tall so looks 7-8 yrs old though she is just 5. One thing imp inforgot to mention last time is that she is very reluctant to try anything new.. its a challenge to start anything new with her.. she is very cautious doesnt like adventure.. but if im with her she feels safe and is ready to do anything like for example she will take all rides in amusement parks and water parks if im with her and she will b thrilled and shouting and enjoying.. but when she went for her school camp she didnt do even basic stuff which was little aurprising for me.
Do u think she can benefit from calcarea carb?i read bout calcarea kid they say growth is less and mind is also not sharp..so this doesnt match at all.. i thought calcarea is common remedy for weight gain and bedwetting so might give it a try. Request u to pls assess her and see what can be good for her. Many many thanks once again.

--

March 2 2018
Use Calcarea Carb 30C three times a day for one week and then use Calcarea Carb 200C one dose a week. Calcarea was indicated in your initial post itself....but with redness as prominent description you gave Belladonna became the first choice and Calcarea Carb the second one against your description """ red like nappy rash """ Use of Sulphur, Calcarea Carb Lycopodium in that order would be added advantage.....Apis Mel was ruled out as the doctors have told you that there is no infection.......Your description growing chubby confirms calcarea carb which may be used individually or in Hahnemans as mentioned above in 30C potency..... Whenever you use Arsenic Album for breathing problems use it in 200C potency and when it is for abdomen related problem use it in 30C.......In abdomen Fire is the element involved and therefore lower potency is needed....whereas in chest /lungs Air is the element involved and therefore higher potency is required to contain it.....Anything for fire i.e. digestion, assimilation, metabolism, and anything for water, circulatory system, lymphatic system, sweat and excretion processes And anything for the Earth i.,e. bodily ailments, organ ailments, bone, nerve, flesh muscles ailments etc....lower potency is to be used ideally 30C or lower including for acute cases.....whereas when air or ethereal plane including materialistic mind and spiritual mind or spirit is involved, or for the soul in its genetic passage of evolution, is to be supported by higher potencies......reason being, only purest form of anything only can reach their subtlities. and to be pure, the substance has to be highly diluted.....LM potencies therefore should work the best.....though it is not widely available or practised.

--

New Delhi, India

March 13 2018
I am so so grateful for such an indepth analysis.. started calcarea carb 30 c today.. have noted down everything else too.. will keep u posted for guidance.. many many thanks once again

New Delhi, India

March 13 2018
One thing more for my knowledge.. which element is involved in skin problems like cyst acne etc.?

--

March 14 2018
All skin ailments come under Pitha and therefore Fire element.

--

Re:Dr Udaya please help.. Bedwetting and Tantrums in 5 yrs o By: 2tuff

March 17 2018
From the bed wetting side of things i'd look at possibly Kreosotum also look into both Alum and Kali Brom. From the rash point of view you might find Nat Phos of some use as well as the Kreosotum.

New Delhi, India

March 23 2018
Thanks Dr.Udaya and very grateful to you 2tuff also. Will try kreostum as well once I am done with course suggested by Dr.Udaya.

One thing i wanted to bring to your notice which i discussed earlier also. Her teacher told me academically she is very bright and she is super chirpy in class but we were surprised when she could not narrate something she knew very well to her seniors. She has stranger anxiety or something like that with people she meet for the first time. Something to open up with new people she is very hesitant and reluctant. She is a changed kid altogether. So we need to work on that.

I remember i told you about this in previous post also. She has two personalities one with people whom she knows and is comfy with and other with strangers. So i thought of lycopodium which you suggested and i read quite a lot about lycopodium children. Few things which strike me are that she is bossy she dictates but she has this fear fear of undertaking new things, trying new things and meeting new people. Its very difficult for her to try to eat anything new, trying anything new at sports or say even hi or greet new people. All this seems very difficult for her though she is trying hard. In the light of this please suggest whether I continue with calc carb for now (her one week with cal carb 30 is done) and now i have to give her calc carb 200 as suggested by you. When can i give her lycopodium. Or any other remedy u may suggest for her mental / emotional issues.

Thanks a lot and regards.

Re:Dr Udaya please help.. Bedwetting and Tantrums in 5 yrs o By: 2tuff

March 23 2018
Are you mixing anxiety with shyness?

New Delhi, India

March 23 2018
Thank you very much 2tuff. May be I am not sure what would be difference between anxiety and shyness here. But she is not really shy or anxiouswhile performing on stage in groups. Its only one to one interaction that she hesitates.

--

March 25 2018
Lycopodium can follow Calcarea Carb very well...One single dose in a week in 200C potency. Calcarea Carb can stop.....
She has two personalities is Anacardium 30C three doses a day for three days.....Not opening up on meeting new persons is in the first place Natrum Mur by constitution and then comes baryta carb 3X three times a day for longer periods for develoment angle of shying from new persons, strangers etc......if it is certain amount of anxiety with shyness in stage presence then Gelsemium 30C will come into play.... best wishes.

--

New Delhi, India

March 26 2018
Ok so I will give lycopodium 200 once a week for now. After that ill give her Natrum Mur. Please guide me which dose of Natrum . Can Natrum and Lyco be given together.

Read about Anacardium and i found cruelty and violence as key word whereas she is not at all cruel or violent. In general she is peaceloving. May be i over stretched when i said two personalities. Its just that she is very docile and submissive outside her secured circle i.e. her family and her class. Where at home and in her class she wants to have her own way but in social gatherings, birthday parties etc she is very quiet, docile and follow the rules. She is not demanding at all in unfamiliar surroundings.

And i think 2tuff you are right i read about difference between shyness and stranger anxiety.. anxiety is hyperlative whereas she is comfy and peaceful not at all anxious. Just that she wont mingle and open up easily. Many times she clings to me and in general she wants me around all the time.

As Dr. Udaya has also used the word shying from new persons i might try baryta carb as well. However I would like to tell that she has no development issues. She is taller than her peers. She is that tall at age of five she wears size 7-8.

Thanks a lot Dr.Udaya for your guidance and supports always. Thank you 2tuff also for ur time.

--

March 26 2018
Lycopodium only a single dose is required....in 200C. Natrum Mur can follow Lycopodium but not together. Anacardium is usually prescribed in minimum doses to children who has problems with the school, but here in her case I think only a couple of doses of Gelsemium 30C would necessary. Baryta can be given in her case in higher potency of 30C or 200C two or three doses...In developmental issues it is given in 3X for longer periods, which obviously she is not suffering from.....Since you have mentioned she is taller than her peers I would suggest phosphorus 30C maximum upto three days to bring her back to her Cheerful self. best wishes.

--

New Delhi, India

April 30 2018
Hi Dr Udaya.. by the time i got yr post of lyco one dose i had already given two doses lyco 200 and thereafter within 2-3 days one of my old friend came to visit with her daughters. My girl was very receptive and friendly with them so i thought may be lyco is working and i didnt give her anything else and i waited.. and the best news is its been a month now and not even once she peed on bed.. i even tried giving her milk a little late and didnt take her to washroom in the middle of night and still she was fine.. for now her bed wetting problem seems solved which is amazing.. im so happy and thankful to you. And her behavior is also improving she has thrown less tantrums even to me at home.

But her shyness is back and she is not mingling or interacting much. Also she is reluctant to express and talk in front of new people.. Now i need to work on these issues. Will try gelsemium 30 three doses coupled with phosphorus and report back. Pls let me know in case anything else needs to be done

--

May 1 2018
Good. Shyness is good quality for a girl. If it is too much and hiding behind parents or pillars then it should be taken as a development disorder and baryta carb would be effective in restoring normal behaviour.

--

New Delhi, India

May 1 2018
Thanks and noted 😊 she is not hiding behind me or pillars but at times i feel she is not comfortable in social gatherings.. many times she wont mingle with her own class mates in birthday parties and play dates as if she doesnt know them at all.. whereas in school she os very friendly with all of them.. so it bothers me a bit when all her friends are enjoying and having fun she is just sitting quiet by my side.. ill give her all the remedies suggested by you ie phosporous gelsenium and baryta one by one beginning with gelsemium 30 three doses. Will keep u posted for ur guidance and support

--

May 1 2018
It is more because of parental presence. If awe inspiring person are around like superiors, celebrities etc, there is a tendency in some to develop slight complexes and stay aloof or make separate groups with whom they are comfortable and whom they like, when those person(viz parent, superior etc.) depart from the party, they will start behaving normally. This is normal human nature in some people . Gelsemium, Baryta etc minimum doses is all that is necessary including natrum mur.

--

New Delhi, India

May 2 2018
Yes i got it. Have started gelsemium 30 today.. thank you very much.. dont have enough words to express my gratitude. Will keep u posted

--

May 3 2018
ok

--

Re:Dr Udaya please help.. calcarea or lyco..Weight gain in 5 By: serenity2906
New Delhi, India

June 12 2018
Hello Dr Udaya!

After lycopodoum two doses I gave her gelsemium 30 few doses and also natrum mur 200 one dose.. there has been no bed wetting since lycopodium .. im very impressed with the fact that single dose of lycopodium did so much.. however im concerned about her weight.. as i already told u that she is chubby and weight is on border line.. though she is not obese but not slim also.. keeping in mind all this i read a lot about homeopathy and children.. im very very confident that most of her physical symptoms are of calcarea( sweating in head, cold hands, strong urine and burning, white discharge, tendency to gain weight and many others except that she is very tall for her age) but her mental symptoms and behaviour match a lot with lyco. I dont see any sulphur though. What should be the course of action now. Can i give her calcarea 200 and lyco alternately.
Im very concerned bout her wt gain. She doesnt eat any sweets chocolate junk but also doesnt eat any fruits or raw veggies like salads etc. just eats normal
home cooked food. But yes she is lazy and not much of outdoor person.

Thanks as usual for ur support and guidance.

--

June 16 2018
Since the three medicines finds a mention in your reply above, I would strongly suggest the Hahneman's trio. i.,e.
1. Sulphur 200C one dose 10 a.m.
2. Calcarea Carb 200C one dose 4.p.m.
3. Lycopodium 200C one dose 10 p.m

Strictly in this order.

Repeat it every week one set of these medicines until she is cleared of all symptoms including chubbiness, sweating, cold hands, white discharge, enuresis, tendency to gain weight......etc. etc. )
The above medicine is the Trio of Hahneman and all medicines are anti psoric preventing any obsessive compulsiveness, including bed wetting. It will clear up the white discharge and restore clean and healthy menstrual cycle. No other medicines would be required. Lazyness would be removed by sulphur including aversion to bathing in cold water if any..... Sulphur before Calcarea and lyco enhances the curative powers of both Calcarea and Lyco....apart from its own centrifugal activations which is crucial to homeostasis. best wishes.

--

New Delhi, India

June 17 2018
Thanks for the detailed response.. i thought she has no symptoms of sulphur but you are right she has aversion to bathing with cold water. So im starting with sulph calc lyco trio strictly in order given by you. Many thanks and regards. Will keep u posted

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.