Codeinum
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Cat with ear problems
Started by: Pat2011 at November 13 2017

Replies: 15 & Views: 104    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

Cat with ear problems By: Pat2011

November 13 2017
My cat has ear problems that cause him to scratch them and shake his head.

I have given him sulpher 6c twice a day for a week and I started him on Hepar Sulph 6c twice a day since Wednesday of htis past week. He is still scratching and shaking his head.

Thank you for your help.

Re:Cat with ear problems By: 2tuff

November 13 2017
Take a look at this first link and see if anything matches up. Did you change their food or use any flea treatment just before this problem? You may find some regular colloidal/ionic silver treatment direct in the ear may help and will certainly fight any infections. Look also to anti-infection homoeopathics like say Thuja but I'll leave that up to Udaya's choice. Make sure you give the cat the combination 12 cell salts more often.

https://pethelpful.com/cats/Cat-Scratching-Ear-And-Shaking-Head
https://homeopathyplus.com/ear-infections-and-earaches-homeopathic-treatment-better-than-antibiotics/

Re:Cat with ear problems By: udaya kumar
--

November 13 2017
Can you instil a single drop of mullein oil into its ear ?

--

Re:Cat with ear problems By: Pat2011

November 13 2017
Dear Udaya,

I have put some mullen oil in both of his ears. He hates it when I do it . I use a small plastic bottle to force it in his ears by squeezing the bottle. I don't know how much goes in the ear. Could I be putting too much in them? I've done this about a week ago and again one ear last night and the other ear this morning. This is the oil I used that contains mullen oil that is made by NOW Foods: Thank you very much.

https://www.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Ear-Oil-1-fl-oz-30-ml/13635?ccode=us&currcode=USD&langcode=en-US&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3YDByYm81wIVlF5-Ch2dWwD8EAQYASABEgK7CPD_BwE

--

November 13 2017
https://homeomart.net/schwabe-mullein-oil/
https://www.1mg.com/otc/dr.-reckeweg-mullein-oil-mother-tincture-q-otc327576

These are the ones I normally use...Use single drop///// you said I have put some...may be that is slightly irritating as if water has went into the ear particularly if it is just verbascum herbal extract......Anyhow it will dry up on its own.

--

November 14 2017
Dear Udaya,

Thank you very much for your help with my cat. I ordered the Mullen oil. Should be here in a couple of weeks since it's coming from India.

I checked the little bottle I use to put oil in my cat's ears and with one squeeze it dispenses only one drop of oil. Looks like they made the bottles to dispense one drop with each squeeze.

How often do I insert a drop in his ears?

Thank you very much.

--

November 14 2017
once a day one drop maximum three days.

--

November 14 2017
Just check how Cats react to Mullein herb since cats are so damn sensitive to particular herbs. This is why I never promote herbs to cats and why I first found homoeopathy thanks to a sick cat I needed to help safely. I have no knowledge how cats react to this particular herb but just because it's suited for these types of problems in say a dog etc this doesn't mean the cat may not get a negative reaction. See if you can find anything first before administering it or just wing it.

--

November 14 2017
I agree with 2tuff.....Cat is strongly syphilitic miasm and has strong obsession to neatness and do not permit foreign invasion of the body......that adds to attempts to shirk off what has entered the ears by way of application.....Better leave them alone for a period of time and everything will fall in place to their true nature.

--

November 14 2017
Thank you very much, Udaya. I'm really excited to try this on this kittie. Hope it works for her.

Thanks, 2tuff, for your help. I've been giving the kittie the cell salts twice a day. I will let you know how he does with the oil. It never occurred to me that herbs administered in the ear could hurt cats. I believe giving him his supplements will help his liver detox. I think she will be ok. .

November 14 2017
I disagree with Udaya about stopping treatment and so continue the treatment of the cat but just find out if mullein is suitable for cats and at what potency. Please remember oils are concentrates of much power unlike a normal herbal extraction and so if a particular herb is negative then an oil would be very negative. I'd personally opt for homoeopathic internal treatment (I don't believe in homooepathic creams they're hogwash as such if someone is applying them to someone or something else as the energy will be removed by the applicator being). I also promote the use of Colloidal/ionic silver into the ears and/or ozonated water (used as soon as it's ozonated). These things are very safe to use on the cat. Yes keep the cat on the twelve salts and maybe increase the dosing to three or five times a day for a week and watch. You might find the cat's body is removing or healing something. Supplements? Again check what you're given this cat and try hard to stick with homoeopathy, silver, ozone and not much else unless directed by a skilled herbal vet like Dr Christopher Day in England etc. It doesn't matter whether you administer a herb to the skin, in the ears, nose, anus or mouth, the herb administered is entering the cat's body but just in different strengths depending on the method and therefore one must be wise on what they use. Now with a dog I wouldn't have even posted a warning at all unless I definitely knew a warning but with the cat I posted a warning even not knowing, just in case. Mullein is a great herbal remedy that I've got upstairs and have used many times and very useful for the lungs too not to mention it was one of Dr John Ray Christopher's favourite herbs.

--

November 14 2017
agree to disagree....!

--

November 14 2017
Irene De Villiers who spend most of her life researching cats used to tell us to use pharmaceutical grade Vitamin C to detox. If the Mullen oil hurts my cat, I may need to give him some. She also taught us that herbs are toxic to cats and so are fruits and vegetables. So you are right, 2tuff. .

Irene also taught us to use Calendula 200 using Saline as the carrier directly into the ears. I used the Calendula 200 with the NOW FOODS ear relief as the carrier on both of my former cats. After only one use, their ear problems left them permanently.

Unfortunately, the Calendula 200 has not worked in my current cat. Maybe I will try using Vatiman E oil if it's wax that is causing the problem.

I

November 14 2017
I did some googling around and it looks like Mullen oil is very popular for dog's and cat's ears. And coconut oil for ear yeast infections.

I also have colloidal silver I can try.

Thank you Udaya and 2tuff for the options.

November 15 2017
I think you might want to focus on looking at Belladonna, Lycopodium, Silicea, Pulsatilla, Mercurius, Hepar Sulph and Calc Carb. I wouldn't give a cat Vitamin C, they make their own. Understand that when one uses a vitamin etc they also need to use other compounds whether they're Flavonoids or any other compounds but at the core we need minerals to utilize these compounds. Now if you look at the orange fruit you will find all the needs for the body to assimilate vitamin c properly so for instance Rutin. When one takes a homoepathic remedy there isn't one frequency that hits the body its a combination of frequencies based on the content of the original compound use whether a herb or a chemical.

If people are using mullein in cats ears and getting away with it with no side-effects then feel free to try it on your cat as it may just work. If it's a wax issue then look to also using; Alum, Calc Sulf and Kali Mur. If it's eardrum inflammation then use; Calc Carb, Ferrum Phos, Kali Brom, Kali Mur, Kali Sulph and Mag Phos. If there's earache then; Ferrum Phos, Kali Mur, Kali Sulph and Mag Phos

November 15 2017
Thanks, 2tuff for the list of remedies to try for wax or inner ear inflammation. I will give them a try. There is also Nux Vom to detox so I'm confident about using oils in her ears.

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.