Belladonna
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

For the kind attention of udaya- separation anxiety
Started by: Newark at October 1 2017

Replies: 12 & Views: 156    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

For the kind attention of udaya- separation anxiety By: Newark

October 1 2017
Hi Udaya, Iím wondering if you could help advise again with Nuala. Sheís 12.5 years old, red cocker spaniel. 3 months ago she had emergency surgery for pyometra and peritonitis. Separation anxiety has been an ongoing issue with her over the last few years. Iíve observed her quite a lot over the last few months and as far as I know from talking to neighbours over the last few weeks itís become an issue with her again. Her recovery from the surgery has been uncomplicated. Sheís running around outside playing with her ball etc. As always I let her tell me when she was ready so never pushed. Iíve been told that it isnít the whole time Iím out and sheís not as persistent with it as she once was which is making me think it isnít pulsatilla this time. I can leave her outside on her own for a short time - I tried this over half an hour with five minute periods of her on her own and she was perfectly content, sheís happy being in a different room (which she wasnít after the flooding or when we initially moved in. I actually thought she was doing great. There has been a few occasions when weíve been out and thereís been a dog about 20 feet away from her ball and sheís left it and came straight back to me without it - this is a new behaviour. Sheís generally very good with other dogs and the only time she shows any aggressive behaviour is when a dog will persist on sniffing round her backend - itís a warning with no attack and again she comes close to me. Today, I left her for 3 hours and although I donít know how much she was barking or for how long, she was on my arrival. As soon as Iím back sheís happy, lying sleeping at the moment. Bed covers are upturned so definitely a restless anxiety but no mess and no destruction of any kind. She was exercised today for over an hour - walking about and playing ball and she gets an hour on average every day, sometimes a day off if I feel she overdone it at all. Even after all the surgery and illness she went through, she still loves going to the vet and loves the vet that operated on her especially and the nurse that nursed her. Iíve wondered about lycopodium - sheís not submissive in the house and more so when out. Sheís very sociable and will walk up to people to greet them when weíre in the park and generally the same with other dogs. I did wonder about ars alb due to exercise being counter productive at this stage also but would like your opinion and further guidance on this. As you may remember, I also have a cat just under 18 months now. They bonded instantly and Nuala was very maternal towards her, theyíre now very playful but Nuala will still chase her if sheís doing something she isnít allowed to do, usually before Iíve even opened my mouth :0) so thereís a discipline aspect with her with the cat. Any further advice would be very much appreciated.

Newark

Re:For the kind attention of udaya- separation anxiety By: udaya kumar
--

October 1 2017
One dose of Arnica 30C , one dose of Phosphorus 30C and one dose of Arsenic Album 30C......I do not see much unnatural behaviour with her...except a possible trauma from operation and anxieties as described where the above medicines should help. single doses once only on different dates.

--

Re:For the kind attention of udaya- separation anxiety By: Newark

October 2 2017
Iím feeling the same with her Udaya, sheís done great coping with everything that she has. Thanks again. Iíll do that and report back in a week or less if any significant changes before then.

Best wishes

--

October 2 2017
ok

--

October 5 2017
Hi Udaya,

Further update on Nuala. Sheís got a bit more stamina and strength in her. Still shying away from other dogs when playing with her ball. Left her today for the same 3 hours. Didnít hear her barking walking up the path but did on my approach. Covers werenít up turned but throw was on the floor and she had wet my bed. Iíve made no big deal of it- thereís no punishment. Further advice would be appreciated.

Best wishes

--

October 5 2017
use Sterculia Q 5 drops in water three times a day

--

October 5 2017
Thanks very much Udaya, for further advice and the very quick response. Iíll order it today and hopefully have it by Saturday. Iíll keep you updated on her progress.

Iíve ordered the remedy, had to go through as a special request as there was no option for Q/mother tincture. Just to let you know in advance, the vet had no concern about her vital organs - heart, lungs, bronchial tubes all clear. Had her surgery been routine they said they would have had no added concerns for operating. She was healthy. She does like her arnica and although I wouldnít have said she needed strength or stamina - she does have a little more in her, which is great. She is very restless today, which she wasnít on Sunday. Hopefully she settles back down.

Best wishes

October 5 2017
Hi Udaya, Nuala wouldnít settle tonight. Got really anxious at my neighbour bringing the bin in so I ended up giving her Aconite 200c (it was all I had) sheís settled and sleeping now. I donít know if there was someone outside when I was out or if something happened to add to things or not so Iíll keep an eye on that as well - sheís had aconite in the past.

Further update, my other neighbour just brought her bin in and Nuala lifted her head and went back to sleep :0) her eyes are all soft and gentle again. Think weíll both sleep better tonight :0)
Kind regards

Newark

October 6 2017
Update for this morning. She was very funny - I woke up to her lying on me just looking at me and waiting with her tail wagging. I canít actually remember the last time she did this or when she stopped. Itís made me smile! We have discussed this before wether aconite is acute or chronic for her - initial firework rememdy, kennels which led on to pulsatilla very quickly, the tracheitis so it may well be part of her anxiety symptoms and in this case part of the post surgery trauma. Should I be repeating the arsenicum album and/or phosphorus at this stage?

Thanks Udaya

October 6 2017
Iíve just heard from Helios, they donít do sterculia in Q. Lowest is 3x - should I order that?

Best wishes

--

October 7 2017
3X is OK...

--

October 9 2017
Thanks Udaya, Iíll confirm the order in the morning and let you know when I have it.

Many thanks

--

October 10 2017
ok

--

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.