Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

recurrent styes for about 4 years
Started by: jesse661 at January 25 2008

Replies: 16 & Views: 6281    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

recurrent styes for about 4 years By: jesse661
CA

January 25 2008
Hi i need help big time. I started getting styes when i was about 14 years old. When i was 14 yrs old it was really bad i had them in all of my eyelid glands. I got them surgically removed. ive had about 2 per year since. I am now 17 and i just got 2 on my upper left eyelid b/c it swelled up. I will be gettin them surgically removed in a couple of days. I tried ARNICA 30c in the pellet form because thats what I read in Joe De LIvera i think. Its been about a week since i started taking them. the first 3 days i tok 6 pellets and put them under my tounge while it dissolved for 4 times daily. during the past 4 days i have took 6 pellets for 2 times daily. i still get little styes like i use to and have not really seen an improvment. I was wondering if i had to take the Wet dose of ARNICA 30c? Im guessing this is the liquid form bottle? and swallow it? or is there anything else i can do because i REALLLY need help on not getting them anymore. im missing school and im at the end point of my High School Senior year and i do not want to have this going into college because i will be paying money and im sure this will affect me. if anybody can help please!!!
BTW is Staphysgaria 30c or 200 any good? i read that it stops recurrent styes. any body help me please!!! Ive tried almost everything from tea bags o wash cloths.

Re: recurrent styes for about 4 years By: udaya kumar
--

January 25 2008
Since you have mentioned 14 years age. The styes are certainly linked with your mensural cycles. Please Take Pulsatilla 30 or 200. In 30 you may just take three doses and wait for a week and raise the potency to 200 one dose a day for three days and wait for results. Repeat the process between in the next month. If only Pulsatilla fails, Staphysagria has to be looked into. Pulsatilla should not be used during menses. You may also feel other changes for good. with best wishes.

--

Re: recurrent styes for about 4 years By: jesse661
CA

January 25 2008
what is mensural? did u mean menstrual?
im a GUY just to let you know.
yea i started getting them at age 14 but i am now 17 years old.
just wanted to clarify that.
wait hold up tho, i dont see pulsatilla that says anything about styes. but ur saying after surgery use pulsatilla everyday and if i take it every night before i go to sleep the styes might not come back again?
as for the doses do i get pulsatilla in wet doses (liquid) or pellets so i can put under my tounge?

--

January 25 2008
LOL.

Nice that you clarified. But that makes little difference, because it is the age that matters, when most of the biological changes takes place. Yea, I meant menstrual.

Where did you check. For e.g. Boericke says "Eyes. Thick, profuse, yellow, bland discharges.(all in italics) Itching and burning in eyes. Profuse lachrymation and secretion of mucus. " Lids inflamed, agglutinated. Styes (all in italics)". Veins and fundus oculi greatly enlarged. Ophthalmia neonatrum. Subacute conjuctivitis, with dyspepsia; worse, in warm room " You can see that he is specific about styes.

By surgery, the condition can be corrected or managed,but the cure do not lye on eyelids or even in your eye. The root of the problem may be somewhere else and that is where homeo medcines are helpful. It could be dyspepsia as above,in particular indigestion due to use of oil or ghee; or problems related to metabolism or connected with female problems. Pulsatilla is basically a female remedy but it suits well for males who are soft spoken, Timid, irresolute, likes sympathy etc.etc. and also for male problems like orchitis or styes for which it is specific.

Usage: Use 30 potency in globules three to five globules on the tongue not under. It is better to repeat than continuing medicines for longer time. The idea is to give enough time for medicine to work. If it suits, just three doses or even one dose should give you some visible result. with best wishes.

--

CA

January 25 2008
alright thank you ill post back after a few days or so of taking it. my surg is on monday so ill start taking it then so i can start out fresh with no styes in my eyelids. if anybody else has any info. on other things to take, please post.

Re: recurrent styes for about 4 years By: Pat2006M

January 25 2008
Hi jesse

Check back after your surgery maybe others have more information for you.

Drop by once in a while and visit any way and let us know how you are doing.

Maybe you can post questions regarding other health issues too.

Best wishes with your surgery.

CA

January 29 2008
WEll today i go to the doctor to get surgery like the doctor said "if it doesnt go away in 2 weeks come back and we will drain it out". Then it gets swollen and says i cant drain it so he gave me these tetracycline 250mg pills to fight the infection. my stye hurts really bad right now. anybody know of something i can use to help the swelling go down without really going to the store right now. any rememdies that work with ppl who have had experience with styes?

CA

January 29 2008
OH BTW THE STY THAT IS SWELLED ITS IN MY UPPER LEFT EYELID IN THE MIDDLE AND ITS internal hordeolum, which means its on the inside of the eyelid. i see the little white pus dot when i kinda lift my eyelid inside.

Re: recurrent styes for about 4 years By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

January 29 2008
Many years ago I too was a fellow sufferer from Chalazions and Styes and it was Arnica that I had taken for another ailment that came to my rescue. Like you, I too have had 4 bouts of surgery when the styes were scooped out of my eyelids but they insisted on returning till I used Arnica which even today I use nightly and I am not bothered by this problem anymore.

I note that you have taken Arnica 6 pellets twice daily. You are advised to use the Wet Dose 1 capful, 3 times daily. You should be OK in a week and as long as you take just one dose nightly thereafter, your Styes will be history.

CA

January 29 2008
I was taking Arnica 30C pellets, 6 pellets under the tounge for 3-4 times a day. I dont really get the wet dose thing cus i have pellets? am i suppose to throw 6 pellets in a cup of water and wait for it to disolve then drink it?

BTW my eyelid hurts really bad right now =*(.

Re: recurrent styes for about 4 years By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

January 29 2008
You have been overdosing with Arnica and you can suffer from a proving which occurs when you overdose with any remedy. This can make your problem worse than it is now. You are fortunate that you mentioned it here and I was able to stop any further damage in terms of the pain that you are now experiencing.

You will put 4 pellets into a 500ml bottle of water which you can get from a supermarket and this is your remedy. You will sip a capful from the bottle 3 times daily after shaking the bottle hard 5 times before you sip the capful. You will not add any more pellets till you make a fresh dose.

You can foment your eyelids with a wet towel which you will put into a microwave for a few minutes and place over your eyes taking care to not cause any burns. Massage the towel over the eyelids to ensure that the blood is dispersed as much as is possible.

CA

January 29 2008
ok thank you Joe.
will doing this starting tomorro also help my eyelid swell down maybe? i will also be taking the antibiotics the doctor gave me.
i started today soaking a wet towel in boiling/warm water and applying it to the eyelid for about 20 min. im sure this is the same thing as u were saying.

--

January 29 2008
Use Hepar Sulph 200 one dose for one day. Repeat only if necessary. The pus will go away and the styes will dry up from inside. I see that you have not tried Staphisagria if Pulsatilla had failed.

--

CA

February 10 2008
right now currently i have 2 hard styes in my upper left eyelid. the doctor said he didnt want to give me surgery because ive had surgery a few times before and that it could worsen if he cuts my eyelid again like later my eyelid will hang down suposedly. is he telling the truth? and as for my 2 styes is there anything i can do to get them out since they are hard now?

Re: recurrent styes for about 4 years By: MAX VARMA
New Delhi and Vancouver

February 16 2008
Pulsatilla works....
Try Puls 200C...three times a day for 2 days.
.....then make it twice a day...until the styes go away.

Pankaj Varma

There is only one religion....called mankind.
There is only one law....the law of Karma
There is only one God....He is everywhere and with everyone and knows everything.

--

February 19 2008
See what Constantine Hering has to say on styes:
I quote :

Styes on the eyelids may generally be cured by Pulsatilla, and often disappears soon after taking it. If much inflamed and painful, Hepar, afterwards Silicea, and repeat this as soon as there is the slightest sign of its appearing again. Cold water is injurious; a warm poultice of bread and milk left on during the night is better. If they appear often, or leave hard lumps behind, or do not open, but become indurated, particularly when the eyes are apt to glue together, with biting and burning in the corners, where a dry secretion forms constantly, give Staphysagria; should induration remain, give, after a week or two, calcaria or Sepia.

Thuja will also cure obstinate indurations in the eye-lid, particularly if the corners are hot and dry, or there is a great flow of tears, when in the open air."

Inflammation of the eyes:

In inflammation of the yes, or sore eyes, when not only the lid but the eye itself is affected, or the latter alone.

unquote;

Aconitum, Apis, Nux, Chamo, Bell, Arg.nit.Merc.Sol, Sulphur, Euphrasia, Allium Cepa for inflammation of the eys as per symptoms.

with best wishes.

--

Re: recurrent styes for about 4 years By: candice

April 28 2008
Hey Jesse
What ever happened. What worked for you

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.