Causticum
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

zincum gluconicum
Started by: Pat2006M at February 18 2007

Replies: 9 & Views: 13919    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

zincum gluconicum By: Pat2006M

February 18 2007
Does anyone know whether or not zincum gluconicum is an actual remedy or if it's only an ingredient in a product called Zicam?

Re: zincum gluconicum By: Pat2006M

February 18 2007
I'm also looking for materia medica for zincum aceiticum if there is any. Thank you

Re: zincum gluconicum By: sammy
Malaysia

February 18 2007
Zinc gluconate is added in best selling brand for zinc cold remedy. More information can be obtained at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zinc_gluconate

I believe that is not much difference between Zinc Metallicum and Zinc Gluconate. Probably Zince gluconate is more effective and gets in ion form easily and soluble.

You can potentize zinc lozenge.

February 19 2007
Thanks, Sammy. Appreciate your feedback. I will make a potenize remedy from one of the lozenges.

Thanks again.

Re: zincum gluconicum By: JacobScott
England, UK.

February 23 2007
Well Zinc Met is pure elemental zinc, as found in the earths crust. Zinc Gluconate is a form bound to a substance which makes for better absorbtion (gluconates are actually very poor at this), they are as different as Calc Carb and Calc Phos in terms of chemical structure though, so the one wil not do for the other. Also of course neither are soluble in water, so to actually potentize the substance one would have to triturate it, and hmm, potentizing whole lozenges? not a good idea! How many other substance are in that lozenge which ARE water soluble?

"When dealing with absolute truth, there is neither room for emotion, nor individual interpretation of what necessarily is, irrefutable fact."

February 23 2007
Jacob

can you please refer me to documentation where the words "water soluble" are considered homeopathic vocabulary?

England, UK.

February 23 2007
Um, documentation? it's a pretty basic term used in Homoeopathic Pharmacology. I can refer you to numerous Homoeopathic pharmacies who use this if you'd like, but to be honest I don't really understand the point you are trying to make. Some substances are soluble in water, some in alcohol, and some must be prepared by trituration before further potentization in water/alcohol, as they simply do not dissolve in liquids. These are the three basic ways we potentize remedies?

"When dealing with absolute truth, there is neither room for emotion, nor individual interpretation of what necessarily is, irrefutable fact."

February 24 2007
Today, I discovered that different companies make Gluconate Glycine (Zincum Aceticum, Zincum Gluconicum ) lozenges for colds.

Cold-Eeze manufactured by The Quigly Coporation for about $5.00 and Zinc lozenges by Equate for around $3.00 and Zicam by Zicam LLC for about $9 - 13. Instructions are to dissolve lozenge in mouth without chewing.

The brand I used is Zicam. I potenized 1/2 a tablet in a gallon of water. It works great on the spasms in my throat.

Re: zincum gluconicum By: girilal
New Jersey USA

February 24 2007
And probably from dollar store you can get one for a dollar.

girilal

England, UK.

February 24 2007
Lol@a dollar, no doubt.

But um, pat, I am wondering, how does one potentize a substance (actually a combination of many substances) in a gallon of water?

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.