Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Recurring tension headache!! Udaya!! Pl help
Started by: shuddha at January 27 2010

Replies: 18 & Views: 6924    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

Recurring tension headache!! Udaya!! Pl help By: shuddha

January 27 2010
Respected Udaya,

This is for me unlike my previous posts..!! I am getting recurring tension headaches.. I am well aware that things in life will not go the way we want it... Perhaps that is good in the right perspective. This should be tolerated by all.. But in my case I do tolerate and go smooth in life, doing the best to others and not expecting others to do the same. Though intellectually this is my firm opinion, I do not know why my mind and body do not cooperate.. Whenever I get anxious movements (There should not be anxious movements at all.. I know it..still...), I start developing headache and it is relieved only by sleeping at least 10 minutes in a dark room.. That too it gets reduced and fully goes off only after a good night's sleep.. I feel better in open air. I know I can use clonozeparm or drugs of that nature, but I know their effect is rather transient.

I am not writing this after a failure in business or family trouble.. Nothing of that sort happened in the recent past.. at least in the past six months.. or a year.. To avoid headache, I strain my self selectively choosing the daily activities etc... Still somehow it creeps in... Every third or fourth day or week I get this headache. There is no fixed periodicity. Whenever there is an over activity or tension etc.. I get headache..

One thing I noticed is that whenever I go outstation, though I break the daily routines, I do not get these headache.. Of course, suprisingly..

I saw in one of your post about chionthanus Q. You wrote that it would break the chain of headache..

What is your suggestion? Thank you in advance.
Shuddha

Re:Recurring tension headache!! Udaya!! Pl help By: garcot
Bangalore

January 27 2010
Dear Shuddha,

Gnana Mudra can give great relief to anybody's headache related stress, anger or any other emotion. Basically we are taking the mind closer to the soul with an effort to make it merge with the soul by bringing the index finger tip to get in touch with the Thumb. All thoughts do atleast disappear as long as we sit in this position.

Since dark room and sleep for a little period gives relief, I am strongly inclined to go with Nat.Mur. Please check your digestive system for further clues.

Warm regards
Garcot

"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

Re:Recurring tension headache!! Udaya!! Pl help By: udaya kumar
--

January 27 2010
Dear Shuddha,
When you are doing Sahaja Yoga or similar kind of Yogic Kriyas, there is possibility of one elemen Air getting disturbed. This is very subtle air I am talking about and not the normal gas movements. That can create migraine. In such migraines, there will be bit of constipation and discharges like urine stools relieves the headache a bit. The area around the eyes will be cool, the face will have a sensation as if "Nichodehuve Kapada" Like a wet cloth twisted to remove water fom it. This particular sensation of bloodlessness/fluidless dehydrated sensation, with coldness of extremeities, bit of nausea, strengthlessness in extremities, with migraine followed by Low pressure. In allopathy these kind of headaches can be relieved by two tablets of Aspirin dissolved in water. As the ending "IN" in Aspirin indicates, the effect of the Aspirin is in the Etherial centre of the human body which is in the Head itself. Aspirin is an Ether derivative. Same thing is relieved by Hydrastis 30 in Homeopathy and medicines for Low pressure if any like Kali Phos.

Another type of migraine is accompanied with Restlessness and is very easy to diagnose and cure. The main symptoms are Restlessness, nausea and vomit, burning in chest or stomach, aggravation at 2PM or 2AM.
upset stomach. The reason is in the stomach and abdomen. Possibility of slow poisons like pesticide poisoning in daily intake of food and water add as one reason. The medicine here is Arsenic Album 30 three doses a day for three days followed by Arsenic Album 200 one dose a day for three days. Repeat in 200C when ever necessary.

The third type of migraine is connected with Salt and therefore the Water level in the body and therefore directy connected with Sun, Sun Rays, Suns Heat,Sun Light, and digeston of food. Such people can be called Natrum Mur Patient and they are first generation patients of the second generation Gluten/Lactose intolerant, adrinal insufficient, type of people who normally ends up in blood pressure and diabetis.
The Sun headache or "Chennikutth" as you may call in Tamil and Malayalam,is very common in such migraines. Here the face may become pale, go into darkness, do not like sunlight. Two peculiarities of these kinds of headaches are :

1. The headache will be directly related to the Sun and increase with the Sun rise and rising upwards and will be at its height in the noon time and will gradually become less by evening or sun set.

2. Headache will be there or will start after a long day in the Sun.

The identifying hall mark of this headace after No.1 above is that these headaches will be felt as if thousand small hammers are hitting the head. The whole head will throb with headache. Natrum Mur 30 thee times a day for a few days will cure this.

The next type of headache is where the migraine starts from behind the head from nape of neck. There are three kinds of headache in these cases.

1. That which starts due to congestion, and or wrong postures or sittng in one position (in front of computers) for long time, disk problems,herniatons in disks, stenosis, and mostly connected with backbone and to the nerves. Spondylosis is another reason for these kinds of migraine. The medicines should be chosen in this order :
If due to diagnosed spondylosis -Cocculus should be tried first in 30C potency.

2. If due to sprains or sittng in one position infront of computer /TV etc., or ackward positioning of the head on pillows etc. The medicine to start with should be Rhus Tox 1M single dose. Rhus Tox has starting problems while improves with movement. If there is stiffness to neck, Rhus Tox should be followed by Causticum 30 upto three doses only at a time. If there is aggravation in movement, if there is dehydration and dryness in forehead and general lack of lubrication or if the cause is felt to be in the head itself and increases with slightest movement, Bryonia 30 shouldbe used. Bryonia 30 has stiffness on the side of neck when the ailment has its source in inflammation of the meninges.

The next kind of migraine is purely congestion headache. Congestion due to stenosis or congestion in blood flow due to low pressure or bradichardia. The headache would be usually left sided and Spigelia 1M single dose will abort it. Use Spigelia 30 three times a day as long as required to improve the Stokes Chyne Syndrome, bradicahrdia, sclerotic conditions, arrhythemic conditions, ischaemic conditions with sinus syndorme. Spigelia will b followed by Digitalis under careful supervision of doctors in such conditions. Arnica 30 will also be very useful here.

The next type of headache is right sided and mostly Arthritic, gouty, rheumatic source. The jaw movement may also be effected. These kind of migraines starts from the nape of the neck behind the head and will travel in a trajectory on the right side over the head and will settle on the right eyes. These headaches can be aborted with single dose of Sanguinaria 1M and later doses of 30C as long as required.

Another migraine is due to heat stroke and that can be cured by Glonoinum 1M one single dose.

Generally Gingko Biluba Q helps a lot in regulating the blood flow and many cases of migraine can find solution in this medicine according to symptoms.

In all cases of migraine a Sluggish Liver is certainly evident, and Chionanthus Q comes to rescue here. Chionanthus Q certainly helps in breaking the periodicity of the headaches.

Other medicines symptomatically of value in migraine are

Belladonna - Throbbing, frontal occiputal and on temples. Pain aggravates with light, noise and semi erect position. Right sided modality.

Cimicifuga - Pain like electric shocks, worse during menstruation. Sensation of opening and shutting in brain.

Cyclamen - Migraine accompanid by sparking before the eyes.

Iris Vers- THIS IS A LEAD REMEDY FOR ALL KINS OF MIGRAINE. ACIDITY AND INDIGESTON AND SOUR VOMITNG. Right temple mostly effected. Worse while resting.

Mellilotus - Pains rising and falling like waves. With retching, vomiting, with black spots before the eyes. Headache relieved by menstrual flow or epistaxis.

Nux Vomica : Heavy pressure headache with giddiness, flushed face, acidity, overeating, drinking or smoking. Better fresh air/cold application.

Pulsatilla : Temporary migraine whenever dairy products or oil, pastry, ghee etc. are not digested. That is migraine after eating samosas, pakvadas etc.

Sepia : Chronic to the pulsatilla headaches. Periodical weekly headaches. Sensation the head would burst and eye would come out. Better by closing eyes or on rest. Better in open air or lying on painful side. Headache of climacteric and menstrual periods with scanty flow.

Neuralgic head ache can be taken care of by Mag Phos.

I hope this would cover your symptoms, if not let me know the further individual symptoms for me to be specific. with best wishes.

--

Re:Recurring tension headache!! Udaya!! Pl help By: shuddha

January 28 2010
Thank you very much, my dear Udaya. About 3 years back Dr Deoshlok prescribed Nat Mur 10M once a week for this ailment. It was effective only as long as I was taking it. Primarily Nat Mur, sepia have been the remedies for my headache. I have not tried Iris vers till now. I shall try Nat mur 1M once in 3 days and then try the other.

Regarding Sahaja Yoga, I do not know anything. In the last post, about a mont back, you wrote that I am slowly drifting towards that. I am not aware of it. The system of yoga taught by my guru is simple, with greater empahsis on surrender to God by selfless service to one and all, developing psychic love, realising the impermanance of transient life on this relative plane of consciousness, meditation. There is no attempt to short cut anything or to gain any super natural powers etc. The highest power of 'siddhi' is only attainment of Knowledge, everything else is secondary. There is no attempt to raise kundali. It has to ascend only by divine grace and not by hatha yogic methods. I do Asans and pranayam only for a very short period with an intention to keep the body, the instrument, to be fit enough to live through the life to attain the final Beatitude. Even Kundali reaching Sahasrara is only a preparation for the final attainment and not the end. My swamiji used to say that only at that stage when kundali reaches sahasrara, real meditation becomes possible. Real meditation is itself a low sadhana, where the dying 'I' still persists. It is only by the Almighty grace that the dying I is removed by the real I which is the kernal of this dying I. Or the duplicate shell is peeled off.. This is the yoga taught by my guru. If there is anything wrong in it, please point it out.

Thank you very much for taking so much strain to reply me.

Shuddha

--

January 28 2010
My Dear Shuddha,
I am happy that you have a Guru who is deservedly so. The cautious approach is commendable. About Natrum Mur, it need not be taken at 10M as the ailment is not at the mind level. It is a bodily ailment caused by disturbances in the body. 30C potency of Natrum Mur would be sufficient. But Chionanthus Q should go hand in hand with Natrum Mur to get permanent results. I also thought Sepia would be of value to you. Your medicines should be from one of the following :
1.Hydrastis 30
2. Natrum Mur 30
3. Sepia 30
4. Arsenic Album 30
5. Iris Vers 30
+ Chionanthus Q.
With best wishes.

--

January 28 2010
Thank you for a fast reply.... I shall try Nat Mur 30c three times a day along with chionanthus Q 10 drops thrice a day and report back in a weeks times. The problem I have is very old, chronic and continuing for decade(s). I get headache, if I stay in AC room for long time. Any stuffy atmosphere creates headache for me. In someway, I can say, nonconducive new atmosphere also creates headache for me.

Regarding my guru, I forgot to inform you. He attained samadhi in 1990, taking leave from us, as if leaving for outstation. When I felt miserable, he told me that whenever I want to see him, I can see the Sun in dawn or dusk. He also told me the graph of my progress and that I will be able to communicate with him by about an age of 50 years or so (my age). Yes. It is true.. I see all characterstics of him now in communication with him. It is after his physical departure, I came to know who he is and what is the use of great efforts to achieve Divinity. All significant spiritual progress came to me only after 1990. Perhaps it would have been there but I would not have been aware of it. I really wonder the magnitude of love he had for me and for the humanity.

Thank you very much for all the help. I shall revert back after a week's time,

Shuddha

--

January 29 2010
ok

--

Re:Recurring tension headache!! Udaya!! Pl help By: girilal
New Jersey USA

January 29 2010
May one ask what is your sun sign?

girilal

January 29 2010
Dear Girilal /kuldeep,

You have helped me a lot in abc forum. In fact my brother's illness found a turning point only by your suggestion of BC CM potency. (This happened in 2006). Though I thanked you that time in ABC forum, I would like to thank you once again. Selfless service always pays in the real sense.

I am born on December 26th. My star is pooram(Poorva palguni) and hence Rasi is Simha. Lagnum is Meshum (first sun sign). If you would like to know more, I would be glad to furnish.
Shuddha

January 31 2010
Dear Udaya,

Chionanthus Q really got me out of headache. Even the latent presence of the headache and a threat that it would come have gone. I took nat mur 30c and this mother tincture.

In the meanwhile I got into another problem. I do not know whether it is due to the chionanthus. Usually I never get sneezing or cough or cold. My nose is always free due to breathing exercises. Now I have got heavy sneezing, some hundreds of times !!! I took ars, Nat sulph 6c etc.. It is not controlled.. I recollect similar experience when I was taking sabal Q. I took 10 drops thrice daily this tincture. Is it high ? Usually Nat mur does not do anything to me, whatever the potency is.

Can you suggest the dosage for chionthus Q? Should I stop it now and start when sneezing goes off?

Shuddha

Bangalore

January 31 2010
I believe, you need to raise the Nat Mur potency and reduce the no.of doses. Chionanthus Virginica doesn't have sneezing symptoms and it is normally taken for many days in drops form.

Sneezing in your case is a welcome sign which should go away with a higher potency of NatMur.

Garcot

--

January 31 2010
I think you are getting relief from the Sinus congestion which was causing the headache, though sneezing a hundred tmes is a matter of concern. Chionathus doe not have any such symptoms. Natrum Mur can induce. I think Garcot has a point there and if not use Allium Cepa 30/Arsenic Album 30 three doses.after which the nose should leak with thin discharge which will also be cointrolled by Natrum Mur 200. with bst wishes.

--

New Jersey USA

January 31 2010
Hi Shuddha,

Leo, that's what I anticipated so wanted to confirm. Headaches means that Sun is not well placed in your chart. So study more about it and when you find the cause of your headaches, exactly there you will find the solution. Sun is driving intense thoughts in your head - probably.

girilal

Bangalore

February 1 2010
Giri,

Talking about Sun sign/Moon sign I am also Pooram and simha rasi and with Sadesati going on, Saturn expects us and tries to teach us, the greatest lessons of how to eliminate the mind's weakness which is that ego and attain peace from within.

As long as the mind (ego) remains outside his radar, great benefits are showered by Saturn, which will not be so easily permitted by SUN who sits in his own house that is Simha. Saturn being the farthest and largest planet from Sun (so they almost look incompatible), it is cold, and as long as we remain cold (mind), unexcited and remain non-existent ( the mind part), we understand almost the true picture about what life is.

Contrary to negative bias many people carry and propogate about Saturn, I for one truly believe, he is in the same league as the Great SUN himself, when it comes to teaching some of the greatest and subtlest truth about life. And ofcourse, let us not forget about Jupiter ( Guru ) without whose blessings, it would not be possible to understand these subtle offerings ( sukshma) of life.

Having said all the above, we would be untouched by the great forces ( +ve and -ve) of planetary system, provided we have learned to eliminate our mind ( merging it with the Soul, which is almighty Himself).

Garcot

New Jersey USA

February 1 2010
Dear Garcot

A very insightful explanation. You said it in few lines what a million pages cannot explain.

Recently I have begun noticing that sun or moon sign in Leo, gives headaches if malefic and so (if) mind is very hyperactive.
And mind is ego.

girilal

February 1 2010
Yes.. Garcot! and Udaya! I was having very heavy nose running during that time. If I just bend my head down, ten drops would pour out of my nose. But today, I got rid of sneezing and nose running fully. I have stopped both nat mur and chionanthus. I am leaving out of station to Tiruchi and would be back on wednesday. I am not sure even if I would have poured liters of water through nose !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the meanwhile, I fully accept garcot's statement. Saturn is the only best planet to give spiritual elevation. The sadesati is the best period for evolution. I am even a bit worried whether I am fully utilising this opportunity. Also that such a chance would not be available until I get Saturn Disa, which should come by my age 64 or so. You and me have passed nearly five to six years in sadesati and only a small part remains. I attained real dispassion and detached working nature during this period. My thoughts have been clearly pointed towards the ultimate goal and not short ranged.

I shall report back by Wednesday.

Thanking all the good souls!!
Shuddha

--

February 1 2010
Thanks Shuddha for the feedback. Pooram piranda Purushan!!! Suryan in Swakshetra with Ezhara Shani. The tail is not very difficult all of us are passing through that period. No wonder Natrum Mur is your medicine and the Sinus which is again a Sun related ailment. Heat and Fire can only produce water. And that is what is oozing out. Good luck for your trip.

--

Re:Recurring tension headache!! Udaya!! Pl help By: ktsuda
Sri Lanka

February 2 2010
Dear sirs,
Mr. Garcot said "Some of the greatest and subtlest truths about life are taught by Saturn" which is very true in my case
I have always been under the influence of Saturn because my profession has been connected to the manufacture of steel But now I am under the direct influence of Saturn Last 6 years or so. Saturn major period/Guru sub period.
My ascendant being Taurus, the moon sign being Capricorn.Saturn exalted in libra and Jupiter in 2ndplace the astrologers predicted great fortunes for me during this period

The fortunes did come., not by way of material things but in terms of true spirituality.

It is at the advent of the Saturn dasa I learned and started practicing Kundalini yoga and its sub yogas.Not only I practice them but also teach them when there is time
It is Saturn which taught me the true meaning of EGO,which I have been discussing only verbally and intellectually for the better part of my life ,without realizing that it is an illusion and which is the sole cause of disorder within and without

I believe (thanks to Saturn)that the OTHER comes to you UNINVITED when the EGO is absent(Mr Garcot used the words Elimination of the mind).When you pursue the OTHER you do so with a DESIRE which is still part of EGO

So, I totally agree with Mr.Garcot that Saturn is never a malefic planet It may appear malefic when it tries to flush out the garbage from a persons mind)
I believe that People who are in the last stages of their evolution has to compulsorily come under the purview of Saturn.

Finally I must thank Saturn for having brought me to Homeopathy a most wonderful science and to its esteemed prescribe-rs in this forum,

ktsuda

--

February 2 2010
Dear Suda,
We had discussed this extensively in this forum before. See the following link :

www.homeopathyandmore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3897...
with best wishes.

--

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.