Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Dry cough- 3yrs child
Started by: neeraj_vij at November 4 2009

Replies: 15 & Views: 12434    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

Dry cough- 3yrs child By: neeraj_vij
India

November 4 2009
son suffering with severe dry cough. especially it increases in night.

started with catching cold while staying out in night in delhi{it's start of winter in delhi}

yellow was coming out from running nose. i gave one dose of nv30 as he was constipated also.

now motion is better and less running nose.

kindly guide to overcome dry cough.

thanks

Re:Dry cough- 3yrs child By: neeraj_vij
India

November 4 2009
cough has become so severe that he has started to vomit everything while coughing.

Re:Dry cough- 3yrs child By: garcot
Bangalore

November 5 2009
if the child coughs even during sleep, try bryonia 30c in wet doses ( you need to dilute it quite a bit, say in min. 500ml). 1 drop on the tongue and repeat if the problems reccurs every once in 30 minutes ( max. repetitions 3 times). Bryonia works well for dry cough, if taken just before bed time.

As a plus, it will help improving the digestion and alleviate constipation.

best
Garcot

"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

India

November 5 2009
thanks a ton garcot. sorry i could not check the post yesterday.

in my absence,my wife in consultation with local homeopath gave him 2 doses of drossraieaa{i do not know the exact name}. ystaday night and today morning..i also don't know the potency

not much of improvement though in cough..

can bryonia be given after drossraieaa as a better option so that there are no issues with the child.

thanks

regards, Sad

Re:Dry cough- 3yrs child By: udaya kumar
--

November 5 2009
Discontinue Drosera immediately if there is no improvement. Give Bryonia. Drosera should be used when the symptoms are absolutely agreeing. Like Wooping cough. The cough starts when head touches the pillow are some of the leading signs for Drosera. That medicine has to be used carefully. With best wishes.

--

India

November 5 2009
thanks a ton udaya for informing the correct name and it's symptoms.

i feel the symptoms told by you do match with Drosera .. son was 1.)coughing was more while sleeping in night. cannot remember if pillow was there.

2,) cough was very severe.cough was so severe that he was vomited twice while coughing.

can it be considered as a whooping cough?

wanted inputs for 2 issues -

1.) he did not vomit today while coughing after giving Drosera. though he is coughing severly. will you consider it a improvement ?

2.) i have never seen you so cautious with a medicine. whats so special about Drosera ?

best regards

--

November 5 2009
The symptom is when the head touches the pillow and not when sleeping which is routine and normal. It is like from sitting position when the child start to lie down and head touches the pillow the cough starts. VERY SPECIFIC. Head going from a vertical position to a horizontal position, the cough will start at the point. Just like the "photographs of the moments".

2. Cough with vomit but lather like or foam like is typical. Then it can develop into whooping cough and there the medicine to start with is Carbo Vegetabilis. Drosera is the ultimate remedy.

3. Here it is dry cough and Bryonia or Carbo veg should help. Drosera other than whooping cough starts with a severe griping pain in the upper part of posterior nares (end of the nostrils). It will slightly descend down and catch all around the throat, with pain, it will further descend to the chest and lungs with tearing pains. That is my experience by eating an infected berry and immediately curing it with Drosera.

4. Drosera is considered Pleuretic. There are plenty of writings on this medicine and advises by experienced doctors not to give Drosera out of place. Some of them maitain that, If it proves it can cause chasms in the lungs. So there should be an equivalent morbidity which is completely agreeing to the medicine to neutralise the effect so that no proving takes places even at lowest potencies. Using at higher potencies certainly do not have these risks but minimum doses is always a caution and strict homeopathic principles applied. I think your doctor would have looked into all the aspects well and there is no cause for worry. I was only cautioning you against indiscriminate usage of this medicine. with regards.

--

Re:Dry cough- 3yrs child By: Jayashree
Calcutta, India

November 5 2009
Udaya what about Kali Carb 30? It has helped a few people i advised. Only at bedtime single dose a day.

Jayashree Kanoi

--

November 5 2009
jayashreeji,
Kali Carb is a difficult medicine as it has all the symptoms all have. It is difficult to repertorise a patient as Kali Carb. You will find each of us having symptoms of Kali Carb. Reason may be perhaps Potasium and Carbon are required for our basic structure. One can always try a dose or two. This medicine favours women very well. Particularly in menorrhagia. Further, Kali salts should not be used in fever conditions. If the cough is due to an infection, there could be accompanying fever.

The typical Kali patient in cough is :
-Dry, parched, rough. Sticking pain, as from a fish-bone. Swallowing difficult; food goes down œsophagus slowly. Mucous accumulation in the morning.

Stomach.--Flatulence. Desire for sweets. Feeling of lump in pit of stomach. Gagging. Dyspepsia of old people; burning acidity, bloating. Gastric disorders from ice-water. Sour eructations. Nausea; better lying down. Constant feeling as if stomach were full of water. Sour vomiting; throbbing and cutting in stomach. Disgust for food. Anxiety felt in stomach. Epigastrium sensitive externally. Easy choking when eating. Epigastric pain to back.

The chances are good here in this case because of vomiting, the stomach is involved. The dryness in the throat may be due to acidity and the dryness may be inducing the cough. In such cases where cough is induced by the stomach Kali Carb should be used. I think so. with regards.

--

India

November 6 2009
gave 2 doses of bryonia30 yesterday night. son slept very well. not once there
was coughing. I was very happy. but as soon as he got up in the morning, he started coughing again Sad
, but the frequeny of coughing has decreased. kindly suggest further

best regards

India

November 6 2009
kindly provide inputs. son still struggling with cough. Sad

best regards

--

November 6 2009
Continue with bryonia add Antim Tart 30 three doses for one day. And antidot drosera using Camphor 30 single dose.

--

India

November 6 2009
thanks udaya.

is there any other antidote.. i don't have camphor with me.. it will take time for me to get it..

however, I am worried about Drosera now..

kindly guide, what side effects it can have that should I notice in my son.

best regards
neeraj.

--

November 6 2009
There are, but camphor is the best for vegetable based medicines. Camphor can also improve his chilled body conditions and take over against any bacterial infections. It will heat his body up and thus dissolve the mucus deposits in the chest. Keep this medicine away from other medicines as it antidotes most of the homeo medicine ill effects or stop functioning of some of the medicines. with best wishes.

--

India

November 6 2009
thanks again udaya.

Kindly also inform about the second part "what side effects it can have that should I notice in my son"

regards
neeraj.

Re:Dry cough- 3yrs child By: Jayashree
Calcutta, India

November 6 2009
Thanks Udaya for your input. By the way please call me Jayashree and not ji..

Jayashree Kanoi

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.