Alumen
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Back - Bending
Started by: osteo at November 26 2008

Replies: 24 & Views: 9295    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

Back - Bending By: osteo

November 26 2008
I have friend whose back has started to bend. I am not sure if it's called stooping. I have seen this problem in old age only. He is in mid thirties only.. he is a supervisor in car factory..

pls. suggest something for him... He is really worried about it.

Re:Back - Bending By: girilal
New Jersey USA

November 27 2008
Ask him to try; Berbaris Vulgaris 30C.

But if the reason of bending is known like bone necrosis, cartilage shrinkage, if in generally all bones are bending more or less etc... one can be treated better.

Probably your friend went to doctors and let us know what did they diagnosed?

girilal

Re:Back - Bending By: osteo

November 27 2008
He told something "AS".. could not talk in details.

New Jersey USA

November 28 2008
I tried to Figure out the meaning of AS but could not find any relevant meaning.

Anyway the three medicines for him are Berbaris Vulgaris 30C, Flouric Acid 30C and Formic Acid 30C.

He should take all three in cycles.

girilal

November 28 2008
it was arthritis spondylitis

tnx giri

Re:Back - Bending By: udaya kumar
--

November 29 2008
AS means "Ankylosing Spondilitis". You can find a lot of material we discussed in the case in response to query of Mr. Vij. You may search on the top of this forum by typing those two words. or google "homeopathy and more ankylosing spondylitis"

--

November 29 2008
there is nothing about back bending in that post..

tnx

--

November 29 2008
I was mentioning about AS only. Bending or curvature of the back could be a case of kyphosis or Scoliosis or it could be simple stoops. Could be because of the the posture problems or softening of the bones. Drinking a lot of milk should help. Doing Yoga in particular Marjarasan, Urshtrasan, matsyendrasan, Markadasan will benefit a lot in particular Marjarasan. If it is degeneration of the spine, appropriate medicines should be taken. If the cause is hereditary and a stoop for a tall lean person, the medicines required would be Tuberculinum and Phosphorus. The cause need be ascertained before treatment is taken. Yoga can be done without ascertaining the cause.

--

--

November 29 2008
Since I am preoccupied with other matters, let me give you the medicines for bone curvature:

Bone Curvature : Asafotida, Bel, Calcaria, Hepar Sulph, Lycopodium, Merurious, Nitric Acid., Phosphorus, Pulsatilla, Rhus Tox, Sepia, Silicia, Staphisagria, Sulphur.

Curvature of Spine : Bar Mur., Calcaria, Calcaria fluor, Calcaria Phos, Calcaria Sulph, Carbo Veg., Carbonieum Sulph., Conium Mac., Lyco., Mercurius, Merc cor., Opium. Phosphoric Acid, Phosphorus, Psorinum, Pulsatialla, Silicia, Sulphur, Tarenntula, Thuja.

Curvature of Cervical Spine : Calcaria ; Phosphorus, Symphytum. Cicuta Vir., Silicea

Curvature of Dorsal: Baryta Carb, Bufo., Calcaria, Cal.Sulph., Conium, Lyco, Plb., Puls., Rhus Tox., Silicia, Sulphur, Symphytum,. Thuja.

Spinal degeneration : Alumina, m Argentum Nit., Calc. Carb., Cocculus. Ind., Cimicifuga., Conium., Formic Acid., Heracleum., Hecla Lava., Hypericum (due to injuries)., Pircric Acid., Strichninum Phos., Sulphur., Tarentula Cub (pott's disease)., Theridon., Thionsinaminum, Zincum Met.,

Tumor of the spine :
Bacillinum 200
Calcaria Phos 6X

Hope this helps. with best wishes.

--

New Jersey USA

November 30 2008
In that case try Picric Acidum 6C for about two months.

girilal

December 2 2008
thanks udaya and giri.

i will ask him to start with Picric Acidum 6C first.. rather than me picking out one from suggested by udaya Smile

can AS also cause mental attitude changes.. he has become very pessimistic.. he thinks of extreme in day to day conditions too .. sometimes I laugh at him bcoz of his negativity..

he is afraid of very small things which can cause him stress onhis mind and back...

November 11 2009
I met my friend after a long time. he took picric acid for 3-4 weeks, but there was no improvement in his posture. I read his papers of arthritis/ankylosing spondylitis treatment, his back is suffering from Kyphosis{curvature of the upper (thoracic) spine} because of spondylitis. he has been taking calc-phos 6x for past few months, but there is no improvement.

suggest something to correct the curvature of upper back/spine or prevent his spine deterioration

his chest expansion has also decreased over one year.
thx

November 11 2009
his chest expansion has also decreased over one year. it is also due to arthritis/ankylosing spondylitis

--

November 11 2009
Do the following yoga asanas :
1. Marjarasan
2. Ushtrasan

The following homeo medicines may be used :

1. Tuberculinum 1M single dose .
Wait for a week.

2. UseSymphtum 200 one dose a week.

3. Use Phosphorus 30 three times a day.

4. Rhus Tox 1M single dose if there is pain in the neck region or lumbago.

5. Cocculus indicus 30 three doses a day for one day. repeat every fifteen days.

6. Calcaria Fluor 6X snf Dilivrs 6X three times a day as long as required.

Phosphorus is the only medicine whic can remove the curvature. With best wishes.

--

November 12 2009
I will ask my friend to start the treatment as advised by you.

Also inform

1. for how much time phsophorus 30 needs to be taken
2.) what is the sec. medicine after calc-flour.{ snf Dilivrs 6X}
3.)can calc-phos 6x be also taken for calcium supplement
4.) will phos also help in chest expansion while deep breathing.
5.) also suggest some yoga for chest expansion

6.) it will help me to convince my friend if you could also inform the benefits of Tuberculinum and symphtum like you have done for others

thanks and regards

--

November 12 2009
Phosphorus 30 may be used initially for one week and continue according to benefits at repeated intervals.

The second medicine after Calcarea Fluor is Silicea 6X ( I don't know how that got corrupted and printed as snf Dilivrs)

Calcium supplement should not be taken for longer period, it adds to the problems. Calcarea Fluor is infact used for removing the calcium deposits and osteophytes deposits from the cervical area which is aggravating the spondilosis. Calcarea Phos and Calcarea flour are used to correct the problem of Calcium Assimilation. Here Calcarea Carb 200 can also be used if the patient sweats in the head a lot and have over weight. These medicines correct the assimilation problem of Calcium and once that is corrected the calcium will be assimilated from the normal food in abundance and no supplements are required.
Phosphorus is good for lungs. The other medicines which can help in lungs are Bryonia, Antim Tart, AspidospermaQ. Carbo veg, according to the symptoms. Phosphorus helps to corrects the shape of rib cage and curvature of bones. Bone formation and muscle formation are part of functions of phosphorus. Phosphorus also works in the liver for right functioning of the liver so that necessary enzymes and synthesis takes places in liver which has bearing all over the body. Tuberculinum is meant to correct the miasms. They are like hurdles to the cure. Unless that is corrected, any amount of medicines is not going to help. There are two reasons for curve, the malleable and ductility of the bones and the growth exceeding the frame. Phosphorus helps in stopping the overgrowth and strengthening the bone. Tuberculinum is corrective to the cause and susceptibility to such conditions. For chest explansion there is yoga which I shall suggest separately. There may be also need to take Thuja and Natrum Mur. it depends on the response from the medicines taken. This is how I look at it. He is free to go to a doctor and take appropriate treatment if available. with best wishes.

--

November 13 2009
thanks udaya.
what about Symphtum?

also inform for how much time Calcarea Fluor is Silicea 6X needs to be taken

and when you will be able to inform yoga for chest expansion.

regards

--

November 13 2009
Symphytum is the medicine meant for all kinds of bone afflictions, from fracture to regrowth of marrow and strengthening the bones and regulating its growth. Calcarea Fluor and Silicea can be taken for longer periods upto weeks or even months. But I would suggest he take it for one week and report.

--

Re:Back - Bending By: neeraj_vij
India

November 21 2009
dear udaya. I would also like to know the chest expansion exercises/medicines.

thanks

India

November 21 2009
deleted

India

November 28 2009
any improvements in you friend ?

November 28 2009
i informed udayas trtment. waiting for his feedback.

udaya ji, those 2 asans seems very difficult to him. can he also bend forward for Marjarasan ? not sure he will be able to do those asans

in your earlier post you said you will inform yogs about chest exapnsion later kindly inform. he was very anxious to know it.

--

November 28 2009
The following asanas bnefit chest: But I am trying to find out the most suitable one which he can do easily and should benefit and that is the delay :
1. All standing Asanas benefit chest :
1. Tadasana,
2. Vrikshasana
3. Trikonasana
4. Uthita Trikonasana
5. Parivrtta Trikonasana
6. Uthita Parisvakonasana
7. Virabadrasana
8. Utthita Hasta Patangushtasana
9. Parsvotthanasana (very effective) Join both the hands behind your back in the praying position.In the same way as we pray in fron, pray with hands behind your back resting between both shoulder blades. Bend half of your body from waist backwards. use it in legs split as much as possible frontwards.
10. variation : keep both hands behind back catching oposite elbow by the palm of hands. and bend backwards with legs split forward/backward. head will be drawn behind as far as possible eyes lookingtowards ceiling.

11. USHTRASANA
12.PADANGUSTASANA //Padahastasana
13. Ardha Bandha Padmothanasana.
14. Garduasana
15. Dhanurasaa
16. Bhujangasana
17. Sarvangasana
18. Urdha Mukha Svanasana
19. Adhomukha Swanasana
20. Padmasana
21. Paschimottasana
22. AAkarna Dhaurasana
23. Baddha Konasana
24. Bhujapadasana
25. Marichyasana
26. Ardha Matsyendrasana (very effective)
27.,Ubhaya Padangustasana
28. Pincha Mayaurasana
29. Pasasana
30. Bakasaa
31. Dwipaka Koundinyasana
32. ViparitaChakrasana
33. Vrischikasana
34. Rajakapodasana
35. Mandalasana
36. Valakhiliyasana
37. Padangushta Dhanurasana
38. Ganda Berundasana
39. Shalabhasana
40. Viparitha Shalabhasana
41. Tiriang Mukhotanasana
42. Natarajasana
43. Hridaya Shakthi Vikasik
44. Sirsasana.

You may google these by name for how to do each and make those which are beneficial into practise. I cannot be explaining each Asanas to you here with best wishes.

--

Re:MILD SCOLIOSIS By: ktsuda
Sri Lanka

December 31 2017
Dear Udaya

My son 18 years but already 6'2" and only ,,53 kgs has been diagnosed with the above condition His curve is 6 degrees at lumbar only (structural) Towards right Or inner curve is towards right
He plays badminton at a fairly high level and gets a pain after some games
Could you suggest something for him and also some asanas

ktsuda

--

December 31 2017
Suda,
Bending forward or stooping is different from the scoliosis condition.....Scoliosis is an assimilation related condition with other genetic causes, whereas stooping forward is lack of flexibility to spine which can be corrected by phosphorus and yoga......In the case of your son, heating and cooling of the body as in a game of badminton i.e. rigorous heat, expansion of the body and muscles and then sweating, cool wind cooling the body and contraction of muscles have a bearing in creating the back pain.....Marjarasan, merudandasan, markadasan, pavanamukthasan, Bhujangasan, sarvangasan, Matsyendrasan, Ushtrasan, are beneficial.......the ,microexercises (Sushmavyayaam of Kadi shakthi vikasik as demonstrated in the link) is helpful in strengthening the waist and back bone.........Relaxation of the back muscles is most important for correction of bone deviations and deformations. Phosphorus as well as Rhus tox helps here a lot.....they should not be used together.....Bryonia can also help a lot.

http://www.kvkaraikudi.tn.nic.in/GAME/yogic.pdf

If you can finish the whole exercises within 20 minutes, no ailments should effect you....It must be gradually attained in a period of 6 months....You may do sooshma vyaayaam from 34 to 38 as demonstrated by picture and description in the link....Best wishes.

--

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.