Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Tabacum
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Replacement of painkiller?
Started by: strom at October 5 2008

Replies: 25 & Views: 22029    Font    Page 1 of 2  Goto page 1, 2  Next          Reply

Replacement of painkiller? By: strom

October 5 2008
My father's (82 yrs) pain has decreased so much during recover of a stroke and osteoarthritis, which have improved due to homeopathic remedies during the past year. He has been able to decreasem orphine plaster on realese of 25mq/hr to 12 mq/hr and from 4 grams of paracetamol to none per day. Now he is able to reduce to 6 mq/hr during 72 hrs. I am worried that he will feel abstinence soon. I hope someone can have any advice if are any remedy for abstinence of morphine or mode swings due abstinence, eg. Morphinum or Avena Sativa (see http://www.homeopathyandmore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185)?

Re:Replacement of painkiller? By: udaya kumar
--

October 5 2008
In the case of Heroin it is Avena Sativa, and Cocainbe it is Conium Maculatum and Cannabis (Hemp)) and Morphine it is Sulphur 200. Nux and Ignatia can also help. Since Heroin is a dervative from Morphine or Opium Avena Sativa is also equally effective. Morphinum can replace morphine. Formica Rufa should be given to prevent recurrence of apoplexy. with best wishes.

--

Re:Replacement of painkiller? By: strom

October 5 2008
Many thanks for your advice. He has tried Formica Rufa sometimes, but get severe stomach ache, I do not know is this has do something of his long use of paracetamol, which can give liver damage. The remedies you adviced, do you think they can interfere with his medication of bp and warfarin (since he has artril fibrillation and swollen left foot = deep vein thrombosis?)? The best remedies seem to fit best is Sulphur (skin, where it produces heat and burning, with itching; made worse by heat of bed. Inertia and relaxation of fiber; hence feebleness of tone characterizes its symptoms. Ebullitions of heat, dislike of water, dry and hard hair and skin, red orifices, sinking feeling at stomach about 11 am, and cat-nap sleep. Standing is the worst position for Sulphur patients, it is always uncomfortable. Dirty, filthy people, prone to skin affections. Aversion to being washed. When carefully-selected remedies fail to act, especially in acute diseases, it frequently arouses the reactionary powers of the organism. Complaints that relapse. General offensive character of discharge and exhalations. Very red lips and face, flushing easily.) and Ignatia (due to great contradictions, fear and worries).

Best regards,

--

October 5 2008
Sulphur 200 given four consecutive doses will bring outside the ailments inside him. He will not be able to sustain that onslaught. You have mentioned all symptoms of sulphur exactly matching. The continuous use of morphine had brought on him all these symptoms "perhaps". The last case of drug addiction which I had helped with in a young boy was just three doses of Sulphur 30. I presume that is all what would be needed to remove half of the symptoms which is prevailing. Sulphur 30 has not been seen working centripetally upto three doses. It can be repeated after few days. If not 200 can be tried upto three doses all in globular form not more than three to five globules in a dose. Warfarin works the same way as Arnica Works. As an anticoagulent. Since he is suffering from deep vein thrombosis it is important that the embolism does not take place or blood clots do not reach lungs. Since you have been using Arnica for some time, this threat must have been averted. Calcaria Fluor 6X /30C and Hamamelis 30C should help you here in venous thrombosis alongwith Acid Fluoricum and Hippozaennum according to symptoms. Thrombosis with fibrillation could be taken care of by Aconitum Nap, When the area is hot tender and infected Belladonna will help. When associated area is bluish, Lachesis is helpful.

I hope it is atrial fibrillation or Cardiac Arrhythmia and not ventricular. In such ischaemic conditions, Spigelia 30 three doses a day for a maximum three days brings back the rhythm of the heart. You can do away with other medicines slowly after that. If the pulse beat is very low, you can also give three doses a day of Digitalis 30 for one day and repeat if needed.

with best wishes.

--

October 8 2008
Many, many thanks again.
I will follow your advice about the Sulphur and try the other remedies as your advice. The swollen foot and lower left leg is not hot, it is colder and sometimes more bluish than the right and only swollen when he is sitting or standing , so is Aconitum, Calc flour or Hamamelis correct and how long should he take it? He has atrial fibrillation, but he do not need a pacemaker and he do not feel the arrhythmia and the doctor says he has a strong heart. Should he stop Causticum, Rhus and Arnica for chronic osteoarthritis during the time taking the others and return to them again later or never again or just Formica rufa?

This will be my last questions, many thanks again.

--

October 8 2008
Aconitum need be given only three doses for one day in 30 potency. No other medicines should be given on that day. Calcaria Fluor can be given as a tonic in 6X for prolonged period of time. It is for correction of the nerves, its vericose ballooning tendencies. All medicines can go well with it. Hamamelis is basically for the haemorrhages, for bruised soreness, It also supersedes the use of morphia. Arnica is its antidot and should not be used immediately after hamamelis. Hamamelis in 30 potency is required to be given three doses in globules for one day only and repeat if necessary on weekly basis.

Causticum, and Rhus Tox need not be stopped while using these remedies. But if they are skipped for the day in which these medicines are used, no fundamental changes will take place in osteoarthritis. Arnica should not be following hamamelis. The use of all these medicines have to be reevaluated after the use of Sulphur according to the symptoms remaining.

--

October 9 2008
Spigelia Anthelmia or Spigelia Marilandica?

Best regards

--

October 9 2008
Spigelia Anthelmia (Pink root).

The Atrial fibrillation in the case in point is probably of origin from Pulmonary Embolism. The lungs need be strengthened. The medicines that can help you towards this are Antim Tart, Bryonia(movement aggravates like palpitation, fibrillation , like to lay quiet on bed etc.), Aspidosperma (as a Lung Tonic and for thrombosis of the pulmonery artery; for removing temporary obstructions to the oxydation of blood).

--

October 9 2008
I am really sorry to taking so much of your time. I think I will try Bryonia, since he almost always has cough and has never smoked or living among smokers. I have tried some times with single doses of Bryonia D30 (like once a month) and the swelling of the left foot diseappers and gets warm as the right one and stomach pressure diseappers. In addition the pain in his left leg really decrease. But since I am not a homeopath I have been worried to continue without prescribtion.

Many thanks. I will reply you when he has become better.

October 9 2008
I will just add about Bryonia as following:

BETTER, lying on Painful side, pressure, rest, cold things.
WORSE, warmth, any motion, morning, eating, hot weather, exertion, touch. Cannot sit up; gets faint and sick.

This can almost be applied on him, although he can sit for a while in his wheel chair and daily.

--

October 9 2008
The main action of Bryonia is in the Headache, lungs, respiratory organs, throat,Cough, nose, fever(Typhoid, Meningitis), lubricating the body by even distribution of mucus and therefore in osteo arthritis (alongwith and alternating with Pulsatilla). Its symptom movement aggravates if matching with other symptom pictures, Bryonia is capable of curing any disease anywhere.
It is a plant based medicine and harnless in all respects. Normally only three doses morning afternoon night 3 to 5 globules each in 30C potency would be sufficient to cure many ailments. Maximum would be three days. Repetition may be done if necessary after few days. Potency could be raised to 200C or 1M if the symptoms are returning.

Bryonia in combination with Antim Tart 30 will be an excellent cure for all ailments connected with lungs and respiratory organs provided the symptoms tally. The main symptom in antim tart is heavy coating on tongue. And cough does not bring out sputum. Antim Tart is also an excellent remedy for Pulmonary oedema and valve leakages which is common with old aged.

One important symptom for the use of Bryonia which you can notice is that the cough will increase and breathlessness also if it is there, when he move for stools, and or return after evacuated.

Another medicine specific to Fibrillation as per books is Vertrum virde.

with best wishes.

--

October 9 2008
His medication of blood pressure is 5 mg Enalapril/day. Enalapril contains an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE), which elevates the blood level electrolyte potassium and relaxes the blood vessels (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enalapril), so he urinates more than before. Can Bryonia increase the BP to a dangerous level for him, since the remedy lubricates the body? (I mean will the remedy ´lubricate' the blood?). Are Calcaria flour and Hamamelis, since he has 'fragile vessels'?

Now, I will not ask anymore: we will save this and follow your prescription. I am very thankful for all your help and taking your time.

--

October 9 2008
Bryonia does not aggravate any conditions. Wherever dryness is there, that is the area of work of Bryonia, it will help in reaching mucus linings on those dry areas so that they do not parch due to dryness. Where there is water there will not be dryness. Blood contains water and question of lubrication does not arise there. Lubrication is a word I have used to convey the meaning that it removes the dryness and make movements smooth. For e.g. the cough in your father's case may be dry cough with little pain in throat or chest while coughing, The throat may be dry, the tongue may be dry, the nostrils may be dry, the brochi may be dry, these gives a sesnation as if there is a dust stuck there, which initiates a cough, or as if some smoke had gone into the lungs, that all initates the cough. None of the medicines aggravates the situation particularly in 30 potency. Bryonia never increases BP, nor any homeo medicines. The medicines do not act directly on any part of the body. The medicines only activate the life force or the life mechanism in the body which is made to work in a balanced manner in which it is ought work or designed to work. Therefore, no side effects or aggravations are expected from homeo medicines. If at all there is discomfort that has to be seen in isolation as a separate development and causes found out and medicines administered. Homeo medicines are rejuvenative. To make a person better. There are antidots for almost all homeo medicines which is an added advantage in this system of medication.

--

October 13 2008
Thanks for the explanation, now I do understand. Do you think he should stop warfarin when he has taken Arnica in wet dose (is Arnica blood thinning or it stops bleeding or both)?

--

October 14 2008
Conventional medicines intended towards heart or blood circulation should not be stopped abruptly. Homeo medicines can go side by side and when improvements are noticed, the other medicines should be spaced(time interval between two dosages increased), dosage reduced to half and slowly stopped. Arnica thins blood and improves the quality of blood which includes removal of clots as well as improving the clotting periods.

--

Re: Replacement of painkiller? By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

October 14 2008
I have many patients who were diagnosed as advanced cases of Angina and were prescribed the standard Nitro Glycerine tablets taken sublingually by their doctors, discarding their tablets and replacing them with Arnica 30c in the Wet Dose taken twice daily. Some have been subjected to the stress test carried out in the government hospital and their doctors were surprised that they were not using the drug that is freely given in the hospitals for Angina.

I have no doubt that this is due to the effect that Arnica has on the flow of blood in the body as it seems to thin it out thereby permitting it to permeate into the minute capillaries which often get blocked due to age and the effect of cholesterol.

I would recommend anyone who reads this post to take Arnica in the Wet Dose nightly and verify for himself the sense of wellness that will result on the morning after he takes the first dose.

More information on Arnica can be read on:

http://www.homeopathyandmore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=236&highlight=arn+ica

October 14 2008
Many thanks for the replies.

October 15 2008
I am sorry to write again, but it is difficult to ignore somebody's health. What I have read now, it seems that Calc flour, Arnica and Antim Tart can give him a prolonged life with quality, since they are good for the vessels, muscles, joints, heart and lungs. And hopefully repairing potential side effects of warfarin (although have not seen all of them yet): Fatal or nonfatal hemorrhage from any tissue or organ. This is a consequence of the anticoagulant effect. The signs, symptoms, and severity will vary according to the location and degree or extent of the bleeding. Hemorrhagic complications may present as paralysis; paresthesia; headache, chest, abdomen, joint, muscle or other pain; dizziness; shortness of breath, difficult breathing or swallowing; unexplained swelling; weakness; hypotension; or unexplained shock. Therefore, the possibility of hemorrhage should be considered in evaluating the condition of any anticoagulated patient with complaints which do not indicate an obvious diagnosis. Bleeding during anticoagulant therapy does not always correlate with PT/INR. Bleeding which occurs when the PT/INR is within the therapeutic range warrants diagnostic investigation since it may unmask a previously unsuspected lesion, e.g., tumor, ulcer, etc.N ecrosis of skin and other tissues.Adverse reactions reported infrequently include: hypersensitivity/allergic reactions, systemic cholesterol microembolization, purple toes syndro me, hepatitis, cholestatic hepatic injury, jaundice, elevated liver enzymes, vasculitis, edema, fever, rash, dermatitis, including bullous eruptions, urticaria, abdominal pain including cramping, flatulence/bloating, fatigue, lethargy, malaise, asthenia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, pain, headache, dizziness, taste perversion, pruritus, alopecia, cold intolerance, and paresthesia including feeling cold and chills. Rare events of tracheal or tracheobronchial calcification have been reported in association with long-term warfarin therapy. The clinical significance of this event is unknown. Priapism has been associated with anticoagulant administration, however, a causal relationship has not been established (http://www.flexyx.com/W/Waran.html).

November 14 2008
I have been contact with my fathers doctor. My father has artrial fibrillation and one of the cardiac valves are not closing enough. He also said something about the sinus rhythm and systolic heartfailure (=decreased contraction of the left chamber of the heart). He said they could give him a pacemaker if have been more active in his daily life and they will reconsider this later if he gets worse. I am sorry, I not medical educated and English is not my first language. Is Antim Tart good for this and does the Rhus and Causticum get it worse?

--

November 14 2008
Rhus Tox and Causticum do not make any conditions worse at minimum doses. But, Rhus Tox and Causticum are not medicines indicated for the condition, unless you look at them as rheumatic heart disease.

The medicine indicated where pace maker is talked about is Spigelia.30. His pulse will be low in such cases. Antim Tart may help in valve condition, provided other symptoms match.

with best wishes.

--

Re:Replacement of painkiller? By: girilal
New Jersey USA

November 15 2008
Salix Nigra potentized or any variety of Salix can be tried. Few trees commonly found are Weeping willow tree, Bottle Brush trees.

Just do google Images on Salix.

Fresh juice of leaves can be used or just potentized Salix Nigra from homeopathy stores.

girilal

December 11 2008
My father has used Rhus tox and Causticum D30 (1 pill twice a day of each) since October 2007 for his left side paralysis after a stroke and osteoarthritis. How long should he take these two remedies? He feels better everytime he takes them and the movements is improving. And the remedies effect seem to stronger when he is now decreasing the morphine plaster size, now at 3 mq/hrs equal to 5 mg/day oral. End of this year he will be without the morphine painkiller. Could the morphine destroy the effect of morphine?

December 11 2008
I want to apologize for the error: Could the morphine destroy the effect of a homeopathic remedy?

March 17 2009
My father has been able to stop m orphine plaster and the pain is not worse, it is rather less. He tried in Artim tart in november 2008, but started to have very difficult to breath, so he was taken to the hospital. But this was probably it was due to the plaster, now he has no problem with lungs at all. I do not know if has still the artrial fibrillation and one of the cardiac valves are not closing enough. According to the doctor it is/was something about the sinus rhythm and systolic heartfailure (=decreased contraction of the left chamber of the heart). I do not know if it is better now, but he less angry and worried now then during the time he had the plaster. The Rhus/Causticum, which he has taken for paralysis (after a stroke 2007) and osteoarthritis since october 2007 on prescribtion of a local homeopathy, seems not really working always for leg pain (most in left, before paralysed). This homeopath has also prescibed Cuprum met for the intense cramps, which now has diseappered, but he got very red on the left hand and foot - better circulation? (completely paralysed earlier). He is also given Baryta carb D30 every wednesday, and the all the pain in legs is gone for approx. 2 days. How much do you think the paralysis get better - he can move earlier paralysed arm and leg, but its not developing anymore. I think the pain also restrict the movements. Thankful for any advice.

March 17 2009
In addition: Many thanks for all the advice, which helped.

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.